31 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Say Naruto ended without any pairings becoming canon and just with Naruto possibly becoming Hokage or in the process of becoming one. This could lead to a potential part 3 without kids or just have had a complete ending.

Would you have been okay with that?

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

Yes. It can at least make up for many parts that need to be done and at least develop characters more. if it's just open ending, I'll still be ok. I rather have them seeking for answer than have an answer that ruins everything.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

It would have been somewhat disappointing and with the ending the way it was would've made it feel like it was being canceled, but compared to what we have yes it would have been better because currently they have destoried the story and the series.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 February 2016 - 04:26 AM.

#4 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

No, for what Kishi  wrote before the the ending at least for me the story was not for that. Other fans could say Naruto didn't have romance if that was true I could yes, but the story was not for a open ending.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

Say Naruto ended without any pairings becoming canon and just with Naruto possibly becoming Hokage or in the process of becoming one. This could lead to a potential part 3 without kids or just have had a complete ending.

In general, no. compared to what we GOT? H.E.L.L. Yes!!!

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

An open ending woulda been so much better than the crap we got for real...

#7 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:55 PM

In general, no. compared to what we GOT? H.E.L.L. Yes!!!

Pretty much my feeling on the subject. I would be disappointed, but only because I would be unaware of the other possible atrocity of an ending. Still, a pairing neutral ending wouldn't fix all issues. The writing would still be abysmal, the plotline would be lazily concluded and thus leaving many underwhelmed either way.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#8 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:09 AM

i'm still hoping the anime won't animate the last 2 chapters ... if you made this a poll i'm sure anyone who is a fan of naruto would say yes

Edited by totherpage95, 31 January 2016 - 12:24 AM.

#9 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

Like anything else, it depends on execution, But in a general sense, yes, that would have been fine.

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:35 AM

No, for what Kishi  wrote before the the ending at least for me the story was not for that. Other fans could say Naruto didn't have romance if that was true I could yes, but the story was not for a open ending.

With the emphasis over generation after generation, I don't surprise if naruto has pairing in the end.
Naruto has romance the day kishi establish the love triangle.

Personally, I don't care if the ending of naruto open ending or not.
What I care is if it give us satisfy ending, which clearly doesn't.

#11 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:21 AM

I would have been super disappointed and the Naruto shipping wars would have never ended...but I think I'd take it over this pile of crap we were presented with.

I'd probably still be a fan of the series and chances are, Naruto and Sakura wouldn't have their characters completely destroyed for the sake of the worst side character in history and princess Sasuke.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 31 January 2016 - 05:22 AM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#12 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

It is hindsight thinking.

I actually would not mind jsut seeing Naruto and his son without knowing who the real mother is. Take example when we were shown future Timmy Turner in Fairy Oddparents and his kids could have been Trixie's or Tooty's. Although that is kind of thrown out the window when the live action movie came about.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 31 January 2016 - 07:31 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#13 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

I can accept but pairing war wont stop until Naruto wife confirmed.

#14 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

Wait a minute, I thought we got an open ending for Naruto because you know the whole next generation thing, chapters 699 & 700 were all genjustu cast by Madara while Hinata dreamt the whole thing up. It was right?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#15 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:30 PM

Wait a minute, I thought we got an open ending for Naruto because you know the whole next generation thing, chapters 699 & 700 were all genjustu cast by Madara while Hinata dreamed the whole thing up. It was right?

How can you have an open ending and also have the next generation if you don't know who kitten who?

#16 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

I would have accepted it like the endings to the first three Yugioh series we never knew if Yugi got Tea or Jaden with Alexis or Yusei with Akiza.

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:32 AM

I would have accepted it like the endings to the first three Yugioh series we never knew if Yugi got Tea or Jaden with Alexis or Yusei with Akiza.

Except for GX where apparently Jaden love is crazy card Yubel because they promise to love eternally in a previous life and fight the light of destruction. It's very implied those couples did end up together later on in life.

#18 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

I would've accepted an ending.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#19 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:46 AM

I would not have accepted an opening before the conclusion of the manga, know I happy to have any ending than the one we got.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#20 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

Well before saying anything, I guess that my opinion is different now compared to the one I had before the ending ! 

Now, well...I sure have preferred an open ending instead the crappy one we had, but I have to admit that before it finished, I really wished to see NS become canon, because it was part of the story, it was one of Naruto's dreams to get the girl of his dreams (well less than becoming hokage , but we neither had one nor the other), so if we had an open ending, I sure would have been a little bit disappointed.

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users