#541 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:46 PM

@halfdemoninuyasha
I think that'll be the conflict for burito manga.

#542 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:38 AM

@James: I admire your towering, and ranting posts  :kukuku: But to make it easier for you. You know all this is just an in direct reboot of the franchise because of business direction, so they can milked the series. They changes so much of series that we can now assume anything we want until the creators can prove us wrong. 

So why don't we?

Let's assume that this is all a Infinite Tsukuyomi. Let's assume that the Road to Ninja universe is actually the REAL canon and what we are looking at is fake universe. Why not? I mean, hey if Naruto is going to be about cliche romance and idiotic tv tropes, then Road to Ninja has it all plus more that actually make it enjoyable. A main character who is misunderstood and has a deeper mind to it all? Check. Female love interest that has the hots for him? Check. A best friend who also happens to be the biggest humanizer? Check. A grouchy kitteny character who also wants the main character, but at the same time is too much garbage to be truly worth anything? Check.

Seriously, Road to Ninja universe is far better than the Narutoverse we got now AND it is written by Kishimoto too. So why not?

That moment when you realize that Menma, the supposed evil twin of Naruto, is actually the good guy.

122ggf9.jpg

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 March 2016 - 04:01 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#543 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:52 AM

So why don't we?

Let's assume that this is all a Infinite Tsukuyomi. Let's assume that the Road to Ninja universe is actually the REAL canon and what we are looking at is fake universe. Why not? I mean, hey if Naruto is going to be about cliche romance and idiotic tv tropes, then Road to Ninja has it all plus more that actually make it enjoyable. A main character who is misunderstood and has a deeper mind to it all? Check. Female love interest that has the hots for him? Check. A best friend who also happens to be the biggest humanizer? Check. A grouchy kitteny character who also wants the main character, but at the same time is too much garbage to be truly worth anything? Check.

Seriously, Road to Ninja universe is far better than the Narutoverse we got now AND it is written by Kishimoto too. So why not?

That moment when you realize that Menma, the supposed evil twin of Naruto, is actually the good guy.

122ggf9.jpgA

Menma wasn't even truly evil if I recall, but even if he was, Naruto cured him at the very end. If guess if anything, he was just more like Sasuke in this universe, socially awkward and somewhat depressing.

That being said... it's clearly the writers fault, because he did something the characters would absolutely never do. 

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#544 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

Menma wasn't even truly evil if I recall, but even if he was, Naruto cured him at the very end. If guess if anything, he was just more like Sasuke in this universe, socially awkward and somewhat depressing.

That being said... it's clearly the writers fault, because he did something the characters would absolutely never do. 

Like I said, "supposed evil twin."

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#545 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:59 AM

Like I said, "supposed evil twin."

Really... all that just for that. Come on man, where's the mini rant :D 

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#546 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

Really... all that just for that. Come on man, where's the mini rant :D

You want a rant....I'll give you a rant.

The reason why it is is all bullcrap is because....

....And the vanilla pudding she made was horrible. THAT is why Hinata makes the worst food in the third dimension.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#547 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:25 AM

Difference is that Yu-Gi-Oh! characters usually has differing main characters (going from "dark" Yugi/Atem to more light-hearted Judai or "dark" / "Jesus" Yusei to "loser" Yuma) who tend to develop at least a bit, and actually introduces new mechanics into the game with each new series (even if those mechanics have been way too focused on the Extra Deck - Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and now Pendulums).

Yu-gi-oh all those thing Naruto tried to do only better. Yugi was good, Jaden was a bit better and was great in Season 3 and Yusei was awesome.

#548 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

I actually wrote what's below in another topic but i thought it belonged here, because it was something i honestly feel is the true reason the story steadily kept declining until it bottomed out with that awful ending.  

First off, I agree that the focus on saving Sasuke really hurt this story. When you set a premise like that so early on in your tale you generally back yourself into a corner of having to write a redemptive story about the guy who needs saving while focusing less on the guy who helps save him. We were drawn in early by the Naruto character and his tale of rising up from nothing and working hard to attain your goals. Then at the very end of pt1 we have the groundwork laid out for the redemption story. That's what happened to this manga. I don't think Kishi quit caring until the very end, I just think he genuinely never thought out how he could write this idea of his well.

That's why everything feels so forced. He refused to give up on the redemption of Sasuke. So he felt he had to chronicle Sasuke's descent just as much as he showed Naruto's growth. But to make people relate to Sasuke more he felt he had to write a legitimate and detailed backstory that would cause readers to feel sorry for Sasuke and root for his redemption. Unintentionally creating a lack of backstory concerning the MC and his family, along with other characters. This wound up being hit and miss because Kishi isn't a good enough writer to get the majority of his fans to understand what he was trying to convey. Some bought it and some didn't, yet all the excuses he wrote into Sasuke and his family's background wound up feeling so lacking or contrived. Those writing skills are what split the fandom in so many ways.

His refusal to make Sasuke his antagonist to Naruto's protagonist, or at least rival who acknowledged Naruto somewhat as often as he was acknowledged, left Naruto without a villain who could maintain focus on the MC. Therefore maintain focus on the actual plot. Instead he kept Sasuke as someone who was indifferent to the MC and caused a lessening of the MC's importance in the eyes of a lot of fans. Naruto just didn't come off as cool because he was the one constantly thinking, worrying and chasing after someone who hardly gave him a second thought. This in turn allowed fans to start caring for or concentrating more on certain side characters and the pairings.

Kishi was just not capable of writing a story as complex as the idea he had. One of a hero's rise while simultaneously redeeming his rival who supposedly never completely descends into the darkness in a long drawn out fashion.

#549 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

Yu-gi-oh all those thing Naruto tried to do only better. Yugi was good, Jaden was a bit better and was great in Season 3 and Yusei was awesome.

Personally, I didn't really like Seasons 3 and 4 of GX too much. It really felt like the people behind GX let viewer's cries of wanting Yugi/Atem back and wanting things "darker" get to them and it resulted in previous plot points getting unresolved while messing up Judai's overall personality and whatnot.

I also really despise Yusei. He's basically the "Jesus" of 5D's where he can pretty much do no wrong. The only time he ever even lost a Duel was his first Duel against Kyosuke, but even then, he never had to suffer the consequences of losing a Dark Signer Duel because his D-Wheel magically decides to break down (just before Ccapac Apu could take his soul) thus cancelling the Duel so Yusei technically didn't "lose" then either. All the other times he would have/should have lost, he makes some of the biggest asspulls and/or uses some of the most situational cards I've ever seen to turn everything around and win (or opponents just magically turn stupid, like Jean of Team Unicorn). Sure other main characters have had magic pulls, but they didn't feel anywhere near as stupid as Yusei's.

2e5.gif

#550 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:39 PM

What bothered me is that naruhina and sasusaku happened.  Yes, it was the end pairings that ruined the series, not even gonna lie.  At least naruhina fans still hate Sakura and NaruSaku which tells you something.

tumblr_np29dy3J4T1r9eluho1_500.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users