549 replies to this topic

#21 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:12 AM

Kakashi shouldn't be Hokage if it adds nothing to the story.

He the hokage for a time skip. When we already have a hokage who doing the job just fine. And Naruto who should be coming close to becoming hokage by the end of the war arc...What does that even add to the story? The only reason I can think of why kishi did it? Is because the clowns that did the last didn't find it interesting to use Tsunade as hokage for the last movie, and wanted to make it more interesting by making Kakashi hokage for hinata's big event.

#22 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:57 AM

He the hokage for a time skip. When we already have a hokage who doing the job just fine. And Naruto who should be coming close to becoming hokage by the end of the war arc...What does that even add to the story? The only reason I can think of why kishi did it? Is because the clowns that did the last didn't find it interesting to use Tsunade as hokage for the last movie, and wanted to make it more interesting by making Kakashi hokage for hinata's big event.

Kakashi was made Hokage to allow Obito to live the dream vicariously. He was doing it for his friend.

#23 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:42 AM

I'll say it again, I disagree with the notion that Kakashi became Hokage because Obito told him to. Kakashi did it because he had finally learned to accept himself. I don't see Obito asking Kakashi to do it for his sake. It was meant to bookend Kakashi's journey. Obito gave him his Sharingan because he believed Kakashi would make for a great ninja. This time, he's giving the Sharingan because he believes he would become a great Hokage.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#24 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:07 AM

That's the problem. Where did it indicate that he should be or worthy to be a Hokage? Tsunade was in tired state back in Kage Summit, so it's understandable to get a good candidate. Here, what's the reason? Just to get more ways for Sasuke to get scout free? Because that's what it seems like and it only makes it more biased and controversial. I mean out of nowhere, Kakashi should be Hokage topic came from Obito. Why? Because...reasons.

#25 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:42 AM

dont forget naruto as well. what did he accomplish as a hokage? or did kakashi do all the work for him and he took all the credit?

there's more to being hokage than just having the title and being respected

#26 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:49 AM

No, kakashi become sixth hokage in order to make naruto the seventh hokage.
It's a matter of number you know.

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

That's the problem. Where did it indicate that he should be or worthy to be a Hokage? Tsunade was in tired state back in Kage Summit, so it's understandable to get a good candidate. Here, what's the reason? Just to get more ways for Sasuke to get scout free? Because that's what it seems like and it only makes it more biased and controversial. I mean out of nowhere, Kakashi should be Hokage topic came from Obito. Why? Because...reasons.

Tsunade has stated once or twice that Kakashi will become Hokage if anything happens to her, and the 5 Kages voted for him unanimously. It was done out of necessity, sure, but the Raikage was willing to vote for him because Kakashi was willing to put diplomacy at the table at a tense political climate. The big guy's rash, but he is reasonable if he gets talked down. That's what he respected from Kakashi, at the very least.

What I'm trying to say is, Kakashi had the recognition of just about every shinobi all over. He had the leadership skills, abilities and wisdom to become Hokage. The whole point of Kakashi becoming Hokage was for him to stop running away from himself. Itachi himself said, you don't get acknowledged because you're Hokage, it's because you're acknowledged that you become Hokage. This might have been the true point of Itachi's speech. Except the twist with Kakashi's case is that he also needs to acknowledge himself too.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

@codusn
Kakashi become hokage is not the problem.
Kakashi become hokage when tsunade still alive and active is the problem.

Edited by rocci, 08 January 2016 - 11:00 AM.

#29 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

Kakashi becoming hokage is just another one of those things done to please the fans of a long time popular character. Another business decision, considering how quickly his novel came out after the end of the manga.

#30 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:29 AM

@codusn

That's it.

Oddly enough, someone made this as a topic at NF and the best answer I got is:

Fan service

#31 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

That's it.

Oddly enough, someone made this as a topic at NF and the best answer I got is:

Fan service

While I agree with that, I think kishi reason to make kakashi sixth hokage so naruto could become the seventh.
You know shonen and seven.

#32 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

While I agree with that, I think kishi reason to make kakashi sixth hokage so naruto could become the seventh.
You know shonen and seven.

I thought of that and it wouldn't surprise me. If anything, he should've been a Hokage during war arc.

#33 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

I thought of that and it wouldn't surprise me. If anything, he should've been a Hokage during war arc.

I agree with that.
It will make his resolution as a hokage that protect konoha connect with the plot, especially when he do that against obito.

But this is kishi we're talking about.
The author who reduce kakashi screen time in order to make naruto number 1 in poll instead make give naruto more action like many main character.

#34 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

That's so odd to decrease the screen time of one or couple of characters to save another. What logic sense is that.

Original editor: I see that the plan for a well conclusive moment for Kakashi is in order.
Kishi: Too popular! I'll take it down by half!

#35 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

@codusn

Plus he's not suited for that role since he's the worst leader of them all.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#36 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

Let us not forget that Sasuke was the one to give us the ending of Naruto's story, instead of Naruto himself

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#37 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:54 PM

Let us not forget that Sasuke was the one to give us the ending of Naruto's story, instead of Naruto himself

This is the biggest insult to me, as a reader. Far more than Sakura deciding to totally neglect Naruto after he fulfilled his POAL. It's the fact that the most moving lines at the close of the entire narrative are given to the guy who abandoned the village with no repercussions. Not the guy we've been following from page 1 that, you know, was the main character. 

What an insult.

#38 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

@touken
That's what I get from his interview and how some main character lack screen time. I have no idea why he think it's a good idea to do that.

@nostradamus
Why is he a worst leader?

@mangareader & naru fan
Sasuke is the true hero.
Not even inoe takehiko do that with rukawa.

#39 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

@rocci Just look at how he lead Team 7. That's all you need to understand Kakashi's leadership skills.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#40 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:48 PM

not to mention he played favorites leaving 2 out of 3 in the dust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users