22 replies to this topic

#21 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

You hit the nail on the head there man. Ever since the timeskip I started losing interest in the series, it really lost it's magic for me around when Jiraiya died. I can pretty vividly remember taking a loooooooong hiatus after everyone was revived at the end of the pain arc. I mean who actually died during part two, Jiraiya, Asuma and Neji? (only ones I can remember) During the biggest war they've ever had. There wasn't really anything for me to look forward to, in the end Naruto was just going to turn the bad guys and everything would be okay.

The only chapters I remembered enjoying really after that was Gai fighting Kisame and Naruto meeting his parents. I guess I'd gotten pretty burned out by the end and it left a foul aftertaste but I just try to remember the series as what it was for me all those years ago. I'll always be glad I started reading it if only because I met a lot of cool people on this forum. 

Anyways I kinda lost my point whatever it was I'm a little drunk since it's labor day but this is the first time I've posted about anything Naruto related in awhile and will probably be the last time.

TL;DR: What Lid said.

JLHza2T.png

#22 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:26 PM

I personally think that the Timeskip-Pain Arc was the best part of the story, were actions grew larger and the story could have really been taken somwhere amazing, but instead things just declined steadily. It was a great set up... and was destroyed like nothing even mattered in the end.

#23 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

You hit the nail on the head there man. Ever since the timeskip I started losing interest in the series, it really lost it's magic for me around when Jiraiya died. I can pretty vividly remember taking a loooooooong hiatus after everyone was revived at the end of the pain arc. I mean who actually died during part two, Jiraiya, Asuma and Neji? (only ones I can remember) During the biggest war they've ever had. There wasn't really anything for me to look forward to, in the end Naruto was just going to turn the bad guys and everything would be okay.

The only chapters I remembered enjoying really after that was Gai fighting Kisame and Naruto meeting his parents. I guess I'd gotten pretty burned out by the end and it left a foul aftertaste but I just try to remember the series as what it was for me all those years ago. I'll always be glad I started reading it if only because I met a lot of cool people on this forum. 

Anyways I kinda lost my point whatever it was I'm a little drunk since it's labor day but this is the first time I've posted about anything Naruto related in awhile and will probably be the last time.

TL;DR: What Lid said.

I'm the same way. I watched the anime and read the manga during Part 1. All the filler in the anime during the timeskip turned me off. I followed the manga afterwards, but my interest just kept dropping to the point that, during the Kage Summit and beyond, I was checking and reading largely because I had already invested so much time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users