Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 07:28 AM

i got some bad news yesterday my dad passed away 

I'm so sorry.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#30082 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 11:31 AM

I'm so sorry, how are you and your family doing?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30083 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 16 January 2022 - 06:54 PM

Sorry to hear

#30084 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 January 2022 - 08:02 PM

My condolences to you and your family.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#30085 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 16 January 2022 - 08:32 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, man.  Feel free to vent if you need to. We're here for you.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#30086 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 11:33 PM

I'm so sorry that must be rough :( 

ナルサク

#30087 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear that.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#30088 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 17 January 2022 - 02:44 PM

I'm so sorry, how are you and your family doing?

fine though my dad moved to Oregon back in 2018 so not much i could do

Sorry to hear

thanks bluestar

My condolences to you and your family.

thanks and the worse thing yesterday the 16th was his birthday

I'm sorry to hear that, man.  Feel free to vent if you need to. We're here for you.

i will if i need to

I'm so sorry that must be rough :( 

it was, i didn't even get a chance to say goodbye

#30089 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 18 January 2022 - 03:22 AM

I know how it feels to lose a father so you have my condolences.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#30090 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 06:05 AM

Allow me to share a revelation I've had. For all of his bluster about "with great power comes great responsibility," Naruto Uzumaki is one of the most irresponsible superheroes ever.

He never learns from his mistakes, never takes into consideration how his life as Hokage affects everybody else. Now, some would say that's the core concept of the character, the constant struggle between the job and the man. But he never actually gives any consideration to the man, preferring to make excuses about it. He disappoints people around like his son all the time because "something more important was happening as Hokage". But instead of trying to find ways to balance his two lives properly, he will go out of his way to make excuses for it and gets drunk. he places more importance on being Hokage than he should distance himself from relationships that would hurt that. If he places more emphasis on being a family man, he needs to sacrifice his time as Hokage. Now that's not always going to be the case for everyone in the real world. But Naruto never actually changes as a result of his actions. He just makes the same mistakes over and over. During Chapter 687 He called Obito a mass murderer the coolest guy ever. Forget if you want Naruto married to either Sakura or Hinata. This is the moment Naruto's character was kittened. Obito murdered his family, Destroyed the village and was the reason Kohona was in a war.

Another rant is that he missed his daughter's birthday and his wife Hinata never called him out on it. Now he was a young dumb kid by starting out but he was supposed to change as a character but he hasn't. He takes more responsibility as Hokage than he does as a family man. But hey, maybe that's just the reasoning of a jaded individual looking at this stupid-ass Manga in hindsight. Of course I don't want Naruto to stop being Hokage. What I want is for him to be written like a goddamn adult already! But the writers and Kishi and Studio Periott wouldn't let that happen. Naruto is just escapist fantasy to them. And they don't want the escapism of Naruto stopping bad guys and going home. And that's just hilarious considering the fact that Naruto was supposed to be a relatable character who was an orphan and life sucked and he became a father and make his kids' lives suck. He was supposed to relate to the reader. But the truth is that the reader has grown up. The reader got married, had kids, has relatives that die and they have to move on. The reader changed... but Naruto has not.

You know there are fans wanting a Naruto reboot to fix the ending... It's not happening it's just fans wishing but you know what? Maybe they should reboot Naruto. But you know what? Maybe they should reboot Naruto. After all, if the creative team isn't gonna give him a happy family... then why does he have one in the first place?

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 21 January 2022 - 06:55 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#30091 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 12:05 PM

That is excluding the fact that he covers Sasuke 2.0. In kisses and hugs him like no tomorrow when he angsts about being an orphan. His family’s problems are not his concern but Sasuke and any one resembling Sasuke, he’d give any time of day to. It’s one thing to tell your kids you don’t have time for them, but paying all of your attention to an orphan because YOU are an orphan is straight up hypocrisy, in my eyes.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 January 2022 - 04:11 PM.

#30092 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:19 PM

Allow me to share a revelation I've had. For all of his bluster about "with great power comes great responsibility," Naruto Uzumaki is one of the most irresponsible superheroes ever.

He never learns from his mistakes, never takes into consideration how his life as Spider-Man affects everybody else. Now, some would say that's the core concept of the character, the constant struggle between the job and the man. But he never actually gives any consideration to the man, preferring to make excuses about it. He disappoints people around like his son all the time because "something more important was happening as Hokage". But instead of trying to find ways to balance his two lives properly, he will go out of his way to make excuses for it and gets drunk. he places more importance on being Hokage than he should distance himself from relationships that would hurt that. If he places more emphasis on being a family man, he needs to sacrifice his time as Hokage. Now that's not always going to be the case for everyone in the real world. But Naruto never actually changes as a result of his actions. He just makes the same mistakes over and over. During Chapter 687 He called Obito a mass murderer the coolest guy ever. Forget if you want Naruto married to either Sakura or Hinata. This is the moment Naruto's character was kittened. Obito murdered his family, Destroyed the village and was the reason Kohona was in a war.

Another rant is that he missed his daughter's birthday and his wife Hinata never called him out on it. Now he was a young dumb kid by starting out but he was supposed to change as a character but he hasn't. He takes more responsibility as Hokage than he does as a family man. But hey, maybe that's just the reasoning of a jaded individual looking at this stupid-ass Manga in hindsight. Of course I don't want Naruto to stop being Hokage. What I want is for him to be written like a goddamn adult already! But the writers and Kishi and Studio Periott wouldn't let that happen. Naruto is just escapist fantasy to them. And they don't want the escapism of Naruto stopping bad guys and going home. And that's just hilarious considering the fact that Naruto was supposed to be a relatable character who was an orphan and life sucked and he became a father and make his kids' lives suck. He was supposed to relate to the reader. But the truth is that the reader has grown up. The reader got married, had kids, has relatives that die and they have to move on. The reader changed... but Naruto has not.

You know there are fans wanting a Naruto reboot to fix the ending... It's not happening it's just fans wishing but you know what? Maybe they should reboot Naruto. But you know what? Maybe they should reboot Naruto. After all, if the creative team isn't gonna give him a happy family... then why does he have one in the first place?

nice rant but you left spider-man in there instead of naruto

my problem with a reboot is do you really think sp would let that happen or learned from there mistakes cause reboot it and it might make things worse like bashing sakura more and priseing hinata out the ass and making naruto and sakura never be friends or have a bond.

#30093 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 January 2022 - 08:20 AM

nice rant but you left spider-man in there instead of naruto
my problem with a reboot is do you really think sp would let that happen or learned from there mistakes cause reboot it and it might make things worse like bashing sakura more and priseing hinata out the ass and making naruto and sakura never be friends or have a bond.

I think eveb without the spiderman part it's pretty clear that it was based of linkra's spiderman speech for one more day.

Guess it depends on who in SP is working on it. If its the female staff I can see it being very positive on Sakura and NaruSaku, the male staff NH.

Frankly if naruto does get some kind of reboot I'd rather have a different studio than SP doing it.

#30094 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 01:08 PM

I think eveb without the spiderman part it's pretty clear that it was based of linkra's spiderman speech for one more day.

Guess it depends on who in SP is working on it. If its the female staff I can see it being very positive on Sakura and NaruSaku, the male staff NH.

Frankly if naruto does get some kind of reboot I'd rather have a different studio than SP doing it.

i know what the rant was based off but having spiderman in there kind of messes it up

i see

agreed cause they ruined the anime

#30095 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 04:29 PM

I saw Karin and Shikamaru merchandise on top of the usual Team 7, where's Hinata? /s

Hinata / NH doesn't sell. Only delusional shippers would say otherwise. Remember the flopped merchandise related to The Last?

Anecdotal evidence but I never see anything with her that sold Naruto merch in the first place and still don't see her now. Maybe she'll pop up as a "dutch-wife" in the future :zaru:  :lmao:  but as of right now I don't see anything, but again this is anecdotal circumstance from me. 

#30096 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 08:38 PM

speaking of one punch man james did you see the death battle with saitima and popeye

I did and the end results is true, but damn did they just downplay Saitama.
Also kind of hard to win a fight against a character that literally cannot be erased from existence. Unless you make Popeye the straight man.

Just to clarify,  Both Overlord and Shield Hero were originally Web novels before they became Light Novels(Web Novels being considered a rough draft for novelists).

Fair Enough, but web novels are not really publications or at least I don't consider it. It is more looking at the industry rather than self-publications.

I mean, people raised a huge stink over Shield Hero and for what? That the MC is falsely accused of rape by a woman? Then they go to the director of the anime and ask him about it, only for him to say that it wasn't controversial in Japan at all?

OMG I remember this. Shield Hero and Goblin Slayer just got ragged on for showing rape of women and women claiming false rape. Oh, but apparently Game of Thrones that has tons pf rape, murder, orgies, castration, mutilation, and more is "just the tops." I don't see anyone complain about Game of Thrones or trying to cancel Jason Memoa or whatever for acting out in scenes of rape. 

I know politics is supposed to be in its own thread, but this one is very weird to me

Or even Hamefura. 

Even worse. Apparently all women have to be lesbians now. Being straight is considered taboo and yet these same people would lose their stuff if we turned a gay character straight.

You know how many SaitamaxGanos fans still ship and insist it should happen despite Saitama literally saying he is not into dudes?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 21 January 2022 - 08:39 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30097 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 11:28 PM

I did and the end results is true, but damn did they just downplay Saitama.
Also kind of hard to win a fight against a character that literally cannot be erased from existence. Unless you make Popeye the straight man.

Fair Enough, but web novels are not really publications or at least I don't consider it. It is more looking at the industry rather than self-publications.

OMG I remember this. Shield Hero and Goblin Slayer just got ragged on for showing rape of women and women claiming false rape. Oh, but apparently Game of Thrones that has tons pf rape, murder, orgies, castration, mutilation, and more is "just the tops." I don't see anyone complain about Game of Thrones or trying to cancel Jason Memoa or whatever for acting out in scenes of rape. 

I know politics is supposed to be in its own thread, but this one is very weird to me

Even worse. Apparently all women have to be lesbians now. Being straight is considered taboo and yet these same people would lose their stuff if we turned a gay character straight.

You know how many SaitamaxGanos fans still ship and insist it should happen despite Saitama literally saying he is not into dudes?

to be fair they said they couldn't get Saitama at his best cause he's never gone all out. just image if popeye went to naruto world image how many problems that solves in the war with madara and kaguya and sasuke.

Like how dc turned jon kent gay in the comics and it's bombing or tim drake being made gay for no reason

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 21 January 2022 - 11:28 PM.

#30098 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 12:30 AM

I'm so sorry Vanitas. Hope you and your family are doing ok.

#30099 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 12:41 AM

Fair enough. But I still think just clothing from that time period isn't that offensive.

Though it would be funny if this led to South Korea banning Boruto. Since, South Korea is the (sweet)workshop of the animation world and SP has been using those animation companies for years to animate Naruto-Boruto. If for some reason they couldn't uses those South Korean animation companies anymore and had to do it entirely on their own. Their workload would increase immensely while the quality of the Boruto anime's animation would drop significantly in quality.

You know that episode of South Park where Randy says the N word on Wheel of Fortune? Remember how at the end Stan goes to Token and says he gets that he'll never get what that word means to him?

It's something like that. When Japan invade Korea, they attempted to erase Korean culture and assimilate the Koreans into their own. They wanted to make Koreans Japanese, just a lower class of Japanese. It's why South Koreans are very sensitive to things being too Japanese in media brought over, like how in addition to 40 episodes being removed from Sailor Moon they also edited out shots of Rei in her miko outfit or shots of the shrine. Koreans, to some extent, feel that Japanese culture is offensive to them due to that history, a history Japan does not want to admit to. It's why South Koreans roll their eyes when it comes to shows where Japanese have to face racism (wonder if that's why Gundam fans there put SEED Destiny as one of the worst, after all Orb is Fukuda's idealized Japan even as it breaks it's own ideals and the show paints it as having to guide the world. IBO also has some stuff linking it to Imperial Japan. Just me wondering, though I really wonder how they view G Gundam.).

I guess if we wanted to compare it to something, imagine the Naruto cast dressed as plantation owners. That's kinda how I think they're seeing those clothes.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#30100 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 07:33 AM

https://www.ranker.c...rystal-brackett

This is accurate.

509356167_759751.gif?4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users