5 replies to this topic

#1 Miraomoi Akawarai

Miraomoi Akawarai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hey guys, Akawarai here. Thought I'd step back into H & E with a idea for a challenge that should be fun. It really puts good writing to the test in my eyes. I will be doing more challenges as time goes, so this isn't my only or last challenge. So, I should explain this little challenge.

You are to pick out ONE art piece of NaruSaku, it can be any piece of art of NaruSaku that shows romance. Now, I don't have a minimum, but the more you write in the scene, the better. You can even write a one shot that ends with that scene or has it in the middle. But this isn't the only twist, which might make it easier, but it has to be Shippuden or him w/ Sakura in the future, could have kids, etc..

Prize? I dun have any ._.. Unless people want to win a chance to collaborate with me in writing NaruSaku stuff, even collab in my future chapters for my three stories.

The goal is simple: Make a scene out of an artist's work. Link us to the work or put it in a spoiler tag.

So yeah!

#2 MessyWriter

MessyWriter

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Writing, photography, music

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:35 AM

This looks fun laugh.gif Hope this story is okay~!
Let me know what you think - I appreciate constructive criticism biggrin.gif

Picture to Story:

"Sakura-chan.”

“Yes, Naruto?”

“I-I…”

“Yes?”

Naruto squeezed his eyes shut, hands shooting to cover his ashamed face. “I can’t do it!” he cried out, falling backwards for dramatic effect. His cheeks blazed a hot shade of red, its warmth feeling crawling across his face and through his tanned skin. A single eye slowly reopened, peeking out of a few crossed fingers. Chouji stood a few feet away from him, eyes lightly closed with a bored look scribbled across his features; that was one of the few things Naruto liked about his chubby friend – his ability to show emotions without a care of who else thought of them.

Meanwhile, Chouji didn’t seem to care in particular about Naruto’s defeat to his attempted confession. It was the boy lying aside from the two that seemed rather annoyed with it all, after an hour finally making his first move to stand. His feet dragged against the rough grass as he waltzed over toward the two idiots, his eyes showing nothing but annoyance and pity. Stepping between them, he looked from one to the other before asking with an irritated voice, “And why is Chouji using an attempted Sakura voice?”

Naruto chuckled. “And here I thought you were a genius.”

Shikamaru felt a stress mark sting across his forehead. “It doesn’t take a genius to know the difference between saying it to a friend and saying it to the real person.”

The blonde scratched his head out of nervous habit, his face growing redder by the second. His hand rested at his side as he exhaled a breath he’d been holding far too long, eyes glazed as if looking at nothing in particular. He finally glanced over at Shikamaru as if he was now the annoyance, saying in the same irritated tone, “Do you think I don’t know that?”

“I didn’t say –”

“Do you think I don’t know she’ll reject me?” he asked more loudly, his voice showing signs of hurt rather than anger. Moisture began forming at the tips of his cerulean eyes, creating a more crystal look. “Do you think I don’t know that!”

“Naruto, chill,” Shikamaru replied slowly, resting his hand upon the blonde’s shoulder. Naruto gave a furious huff before brushing by him, walking past his friends to glance down at the village of Konoha. They stood on a hill just above the village, giving him the advantage of a bird’s eye view of everything and everyone. Not that he needed it; he already knew where she was.

With another loud sigh, he quietly thanked the two for their support before hopping silently upon the roof of a building, swiftly speeding off before the others could catch up with him. Knowing his skills were quicker and more powerful than his friends, he knew within a few blocks that he’d lost them. Not trying to be rude, but Naruto wanted his privacy with Sakura. And he couldn’t do that with those two chasing him around.

Smiling as he landing before the famous Konoha Hospital, he inhaled a large unneeded breath of air before entering through the glass doors.

The lobby was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday afternoon, but after visiting here for over five years since she started at the age of twelve working here, he learned that the days varied with the months. And for the month of September, things were usually quiet for some odd reason.

Pushing his thoughts aside, he focused on his current unofficial mission and quietly walked through the lobby, waving to the clerk running the desk who already knew why he was here. Brushing through the various hallways, his vision began turning pink after passing by a patient’s room. With a smile tugging at his lips, Naruto pushed the door open without haste and without fear.

That fear soon grew to fright.

As he opened the doors, realization hit him as he realized how he’d have to now confess to her in front of a patient. Glancing first from her to the old patient she was currently working on, he inwardly face palmed himself and began feeling clammy across his hands.

Meanwhile, Sakura had just noticed Naruto waltz in unwelcome, giving her a slight annoyance. Turning away from her wounded patient – though now thanks to her he was almost healed – she raised a slender eyebrow toward her teammate’s direction, daring him to say something worth interrupting her.

Naruto simply stood there, mouth slightly gaped; he had seen Sakura in her nurse uniform plenty of times before, but standing before her now seemed so different. Her rosy pink locks tickled against her creamy skin as she gazed at him with her dazzling emerald eyes, holding a slight pout against her lips. Though she wasn’t as curvy as she would’ve liked, Naruto saw her figure at beautiful and slender, something he craved to hold against and call his own.

Sadly, simply gaping at her wouldn’t do the trick. So he settled with a stumbling “H-hi Sakura-chan” instead.

Her eyes narrowed dangerously. “What do you want?”

“Eh?”

“I said, what do you want?” she repeated, this time more calmly. Carefully placing her notepad down on a nearby table, Sakura glanced back up to look at her teammate, arms crossed over one another. “You usually only come visit while I’m working if you want something.”

You have no idea, he thought to himself. Of course he wouldn’t dare say those words aloud, settling with a reply of, “Hehe, how about a bowl of ramen? W-we haven’t hung out in awhile.”

Her reaction was slightly surprised, but she managed to nonetheless keep her face composed. “Ah, sure. I’ll be on my break in a few minutes.”

“Okay.”

Stumbling outside to wait in the lobby, Naruto mentally slapped himself; he was such an idiot around her. Normally he could pull his charm on any girl – as Jiraiya wisely taught him – though he could never manage around the tough rosette. Shuffling his feet absently, time passed and Sakura came out as promised, the two heading out for the blonde’s favorite ramen stand. As they walked together, Naruto noticed how close his friend walked alongside him, almost to the point of their hands touching. Slowly bringing his hand forward, he reached the point of brushing the top of his hand against hers, this automatically causing her to look up and step a couple feet away. He mumbled a quiet “Sorry” and continued on to the stand.

This continued on for quiet awhile, Naruto wanting to move their relationship further while Sakura either didn’t act on it or didn’t know what he was up to. Either way, Naruto found himself frustrated more so by each passing minute, knowing anyone else could easily grab her attention away from him and steal the beautiful girl all to himself. His eyes narrowed at the thought.

“Naruto?”

He blinked, turning his attention back to his teammate. They had spent the day together, all the while his motives of winning her attention seemed to fail. Nonetheless, she required his focus now and he would give just that, and more.

“Yes, Sakura-chan?”

She gave a gentle smile. “Walk me home?”

Naruto blinked once more. Did she ask…for him…walking? Nodding like an innocent puppy, he followed her as the two walked toward her house. As the sun began its decent below the horizon, she invited the blonde in her apartment and offered to cook dinner for the two. He quickly accepted the invitation.

As the two sat around and ate a small meal Sakura had prepared, they began discussing everything about their lives. What had happened, recent missions they’d been on, their favorite things; all this seeming slightly trivial to Sakura, while Naruto enjoyed every minute with the girl.

Finally, Sakura chose an interesting topic. “Naruto?”

“Hm?”

“Have you ever dated someone?”

“Huh?” He widened his eyes, slightly confused. Deciding to answer anyway, he scratched his head and laughed awkwardly. “Not really, no.”

“That surprises me,” she replied absently.

Naruto’s eyes widened more so. That simple compliment had been the highlight of his day. Biting his lip, the blonde debated on whether or not to finally confess. What would she say? Would she feel the same? What if she didn’t? Various thoughts raced through his head, yet none would be answered if he didn’t go through with his feelings. Taking a deep breath, he glanced up to notice Sakura now lying on her couch, eyes lightly closing. This was his last chance.

Quickly moving beside the couch, he bent beside her and quietly mumbled, “Sakura?”

She glanced up, noticing the suffix removed from her name. “What is it?”

“I-I, um…”

Sakura raised her head more, concerned by Naruto’s appearance. Blush began to spread like wildfire across his face once more as his forehead could be seen to sweat, even under his protector. She raised her hand and laid it to caress his cheek, asking in a soft voice, “What’s wrong?”

His eyes held a determined look. Naruto slowly stood up to sit on the couch with her, being careful as to not sit on her. Placing his legs to straddle hers, she looked up confused at his sudden movement, a light blush of her own grazing her cheeks.

“Sakura-chan,” he whispered slowly, bringing his face slightly closer to her own. “There’s something I’ve been meaning to say.”

She gazed into his determined eyes, a curious look in her own. As Naruto began lowering his face toward her own, he felt something poke against his forehead. Opening his once-closed eyes, he looked to see Sakura being the cause of a poke, her finger sticking out to rest against his forehead protector. Seeing his confused face, she instantly began laughing.

“Hehe,” she giggled, rolling to her side to remove the awkward position. Naruto’s eyes darkened slightly, unnoticed by Sakura. She laughed louder and turned to face him again, smiling wide. “Almost got me there!”

Sighing, he quickly rolled off the girl and sat on the floor once more, scratching his blonde head. He looked back from the laughing teammate to his empty lap, a small smile creeping across his features. She wasn’t ready.

That didn’t mean she rejected him.

With that thought spinning around his mind, Naruto glanced back up to smile at the laughing Sakura, watching with amused eyes as she giggling nonstop. He could wait for her. He would.

She was worth every second.

#3 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:35 AM

I originally did this story for this picture:

Red Thread

It had been a few weeks since Naruto had comeback from the island where the two last remaining jinchurriki were supposed to be hidden, but unfortunately for them, their secret had been compromised by Kisame, who had been hiding inside of Samehada at the time and overheard Naruto's conversation on how he was finally able to overcome the hatred of the Kyuubi and master its chakra. Despite the new powers Naruto attained, he still couldn't stop just one lone member of Akatsuki from escaping, but nonetheless he turned his attention away from Kisame escaping and thought about what he had just been told by his mother, the truth about the night of the Kyuubi attack and the man that was solely responsible for the attack, Madara Uchiha.

His mother Kushina had told him how he easily extracted the Kyuubi from her and he was actually afraid for once in his life that he could end up in the same position as his mother, having the Kyuubi forcefully ripped from him. His friends had been bugging him left and right about how his training went and at the moment Naruto really didn't feel like talking since he had a lot on his mind. He wanted to escape from his friends for the moment and instead of going to Hokage Monument like he always did, he escaped to the Academy and sat on the swing he always used as a child.

It felt good to have sometime to himself right now, but unfortunately his mind wouldn't let him have a moment of peace as it wandered back to what Sasuke was up too, his former teammate and the person he had called a brother. He had still not given an answer to his friends on what he was going to do with Sasuke, but a small part of him doubted if he could save him from Madara's influence, he had seen a shed of hope when he told Sasuke that he would share his hatred with him and die, but yet it wasn't really what Naruto wanted. He groaned as he smacked himself on his face as he started to get more frustrated.

"Dammit Sasuke! Why? Why do you have to make this harder than it is… why did you have to leave Konoha to get revenge on your brother? I thought for sure you'd return once your revenge was done, but now Madara has further corrupted you into thinking that it was the fault of Konoha… can you truly be saved?"

At the moment Naruto was too busy to notice someone was watching him from behind one of the trees at the academy, but it wasn't who usually watched him from the shadows, it was someone different, someone Naruto knew very well, his teammate Sakura Haruno. Ever since he had come home from the island, he had said very little to his friends and it was starting to concern Sakura, despite her confession to him those months ago, she still cared deeply for her teammate and didn't like to see him acting like this. She decided that hiding away from Naruto wasn't going to solve anything, gathering all of her courage she walked up to him putting on the best smile she could.

"Hey Naruto…"

Naruto looked up from the swing seeing Sakura, but yet seeing her right now didn't help his thoughts out, but then again he would never be rude to his teammate, but instead of using his mask, he decided to give it a break giving Sakura a weak smile as he answered her back.

"Hey Sakura-chan… listen I don't want to sound rude and all, but how did you find me so easily?"

"That's quite simple, I just followed you here, you didn't even seem to notice me as you were walking here, I'm concerned for you Naruto, you're more quiet than usual, is it something you want to talk about?"

Naruto was about to tell Sakura to leave since he really didn't want to talk to anyone, but then again Sakura was stubborn just like him and wouldn't leave unless he gave her a reason as to why he was down in the dumps, Naruto just sighed as he spoke up to Sakura.

"It's really nothing Sakura, but if you really must know, it's about what I'm going to do with Sasuke…"

In the back of her mind Sakura knew it had something to do with Sasuke, ever since that day he had announced to him that he was going to die with Sasuke, it shocked Sakura to her foundation that he was willing to die with Sasuke, something she wanted to prevent, yet she wasn't anywhere near her teammate's levels and decided to just believe in Naruto and his words.

"I see, I know you're not going to change your mind about what you're going to do with Sasuke and all Naruto, but just remember we're always here for you no matter what…"

Naruto cracked a smile at Sakura's words and spoke up to her.

"Thanks Sakura-chan, I know my friends are always going to be here for me no matter what, but I'm sure you know I'm the only one that can take Sasuke on and get through to him and make him realize the errors of his ways…"

Sakura wasn't to surprised by Naruto's words, but yet she wanted to cry for him, but she had made a vow to herself not to cry anymore, she had to learn to accept that this was Naruto's promise of a lifetime speaking, he would never go back on it, it made Sakura smilie on the inside knowing just how far he was willing to go, but she didn't want to lose Naruto no matter what, she needed to step up now and tell him the truth.

"I know you were going to say that Naruto, but please for all of our sakes, please don't take any unnecessary risks, I don't know what I'd do if you went out there and died…"

Sakura held her head down as a few tears escaped her eyes. Naruto usually never liked seeing Sakura cry like this and he got up from the swing and walked up to her, embracing her in a hug, in hopes of calming her down, but yet as he hugged her, it reminded him so much of when he first met his mother and hugged her, she was so much like Sakura in a lot of ways and then it reminded him of what Kushina had said to him about finding a girl, "make sure you find a girl that's like your mother" Naruto cracked another smile as he kept embracing Sakura and thought it was as good as anytime to tell her of his mother.

"Shh, it's okay Sakura-chan… you don't have to cry…"

Sakura looked up at Naruto's face and saw his smile, for some reason it always made her feel better and calmed her down. She finally stopped crying, but yet Naruto wouldn't let go of the hug they were in, not that she didn't mind. Naruto took note of this and broke the hug while taking a few steps back and blushing a bright red while Sakura did the same. There was an air of silence for a moment as Naruto decided to break it.

"Hey Sakura-chan, did I ever tell you that I met my mother on that island…"

"What? What do you mean Naruto? I thought you never knew your parents?"

Naruto just grinned as he spoke up to her.

"Well, you see I actually do know who my parents are now…"

Naruto then explained to Sakura how he met his father when he went into his eight tailed state and how he also met his mother on the island battling the Kyuubi in order to master its chakra, but what really caught Sakura's interest was the story Naruto told her of how Kushina fell in love with Minato and how she hated her hair… it almost sounded like how she hated her forehead when she was younger.

"I can't believe it Naruto… that's quite an amazing story how you met both of your parents, from the sounds of things, they were amazing people."

Naruto rubbed the back of his head in a sheepish manner as he spoke up to Sakura.

"I know it is, but you know something, you remind me a lot of my mother for some reason…"

Sakura as always let her anger get the better of her as she got mad at Naruto and cocked a fist at him.

"What's that supposed to mean Naruto no baka?"

Naruto didn't ask as he continued to laugh only for Sakura to stop short of hitting him wondering what was so funny.

"See! That's exactly what I mean… you're just like my mother in that way, she punched me in gut for calling her a name, but yet what I find so strange is how my father fell in love with my mother… you remember right?"

"Of course I do! You said that your father fell in love with your mother because of her hair and how beautiful it looked and something about a red thread of faith that lead her to him…"

Sakura didn't finish her sentence as she realized what Naruto was getting at. The night at the bench… the way Sasuke had complemented her forehead and how charming it was, it made her realize that it wasn't Sasuke that said that because usually he would never say anything like that, the person that had complemented her forehead was none other than the man standing right in front of her.

"That night on the bench… that wasn't Sasuke was it Naruto. It was you!"

Naruto just nodded his head as he let what Sakura had found out sink in and when she did, she did something unexpected and wrapped Naruto in an embrace, crying like she had done earlier, but Naruto could sense that these tears were not of sadness, but of happiness and he just smiled as he let Sakura continue to cry in his embrace.

"Naruto… I… I don't know what to say…"

Just as Sakura was about to finish her sentence, Naruto put a finger to her lips to silence her as he spoke up to her.

"It's all right Sakura-chan, you don't have to say anything… I think that story my mother told me about, how the red thread of fate brings two people together, but unfortunately as you can see we don't have anything that signifies we're tied by that red thread of fate…"

Just then Sakura got an idea as she untied her hitae-ate and to the surprise of Naruto tied it around his forehead making him blush as she finished tying it to his forehead.

"There! Consider my hitae-ate like our red thread of fate, one that invisibly ties us together no matter what, but do you think that thread could be severed too Naruto?"

Naruto thought for a moment about Sakura's question to him and just smiled when he spoke up to her with his answer.

"There's always the possibility of it being severed Sakura-chan, but I don't see it happening to us…"

"What do you mean Naruto?"

Naruto laughed a little before he answered Sakura.

"I'm saying as long as we stay together nothing can sever that thread…"

Sakura seemed happy with Naruto's answer as she got up from the ground and offered a hand to Naruto which he gladly took and they joined hands walking back towards the village, unsure of what their future would bring them, but Naruto and Sakura's thread would prove to be the most difficult to sever as it was fueled by one thing that would see them through all the tough times ahead, a strong devotion of love to each other.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#4 MessyWriter

MessyWriter

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Writing, photography, music

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Aww, what a sweet story Toasty Warrior laugh.gif

I wish you the best of luck in this challenge~! I loved the ending - very open and creative. Don't stop writing! a_dance.gif

#5 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

Oh, I don't believe it! It's the first time I see this challenge! SILLY ME!!!! D:
I am in, but I will post my work here when I make time...

#6 Miraomoi Akawarai

Miraomoi Akawarai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

Well, I totally forgot about this thread until now. I am leaving this open until January, just in case anyone else wants to try their hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users