Close
Photo

Orange(Orenji) by Ichigo Takano

shojo seinen romance slice of life drama time travel comedy best bro depression suicide

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#181 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

I feel the same as you guys. I felt it was a little bit rushed, and felt kind of disappointed, I wanted to see some kind of plot twist, but I still feel happy. It was good to see them all together, and there's that thing about the ending not being about romance, but more about friendship (the exact opposite of Naruto's ending) 

As you said guys, she should have added some things to make it more emotional..here, I just felt she wanted to get somewhat rid of it.

anyway, it was good but not great. It's still a good read.

I saw your review on Tumblr. I gotta agree with all the things you have written in it.
Orange could have got, I don't know 4/5 chapters more, so it could have completed beautifully.  

Off-topic: but I began watching Say "I love you" :excited:

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#182 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

MAL is even saying that the manga is 27 chapters :wot: I'm pretty sure it's 22.. 

I couldn't find many but:   
The hiatus is over and a new chapter will come out every 2 months. :D

Moved magazine and all that? I missed a lot from this series then.

If anything you're lucky.. i was devastated when they say the mangaka will QUIT.. yes QUIT not on hiatus so imagine the horror.. then good news came that it will be continued..

Im not sure about future chapters...but maybe theyll release some bonus chapters? I wouldnt mind it if it gets extemded provided that the quality wont digress

#183 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

oh hush you! don't sully the name of this manga with that bacteria Narudoe...

I want a bonus chapter.. maybe focusing Suwa.. I think the last part was like in consideration for Suwa..atleast he did get to be with Naho but in a different world..so maybe the author did it that way to respect Suwa..or maybe not lol.

and CCS.. i've been obsess with that since childhood.. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle kinda broke me tho so i never get to finish that.. it was too painful for me to see my happy first ever couple being destroyed like that. i just can't dirty my memories of them with very TRC sad things..

CCS has been first seriousbobsession. Don't care how much I will fangirl about it. Tsubada Reservoir Chronicles... The ending to that series was bittersweet and painful in my eyes T_T But I generally try not to connect CCS and TRC too much even though the characters look the same and live in the same universe (kind of).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#184 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

Disappointing. Too rushed. No plot twist. Suwa  :(

Does he ever meet Messi?!

#185 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

I feel like the author just gave up towards the end. It's been rumored that she was trying to leave the manga industry several times? One thing for sure is that this manga was on hiatus for a short time.

Ah really ?Why didn't she do it ! anyway, I guess it isn't as easy as we imagine it to be...

about the hiatus, I was wondering why the manga started in 2012 and ended..well this month. Guess it was so obvious that I didn't even think about it !

I saw your review on Tumblr. I gotta agree with all the things you have written in it.
Orange could have got, I don't know 4/5 chapters more, so it could have completed beautifully.  

Off-topic: but I began watching Say "I love you" :excited:

Oh Thank you ! :) (what's your tumblr, in case I'm not following you) 

Hum...instead of adding some chapters, I think that she should have developed and gave more depth to her story in the last chapters, because you can feel the difference between the first chapters and the last ones ! 

Oh, and did you like it ? It's a pretty good anime (not perfect). Don't remember who said that to me, but apparently the anime-main male character isn't the same as the yamato from the manga.

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#186 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:43 PM

Is this series over? All translated?

#187 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

Is this series over? All translated?

Jup, just recently ended with 22 chapters.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#188 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

Ah really ?Why didn't she do it ! anyway, I guess it isn't as easy as we imagine it to be...

about the hiatus, I was wondering why the manga started in 2012 and ended..well this month. Guess it was so obvious that I didn't even think about it !

Hum...instead of adding some chapters, I think that she should have developed and gave more depth to her story in the last chapters, because you can feel the difference between the first chapters and the last ones ! 

Oh, and did you like it ? It's a pretty good anime (not perfect). Don't remember who said that to me, but apparently the anime-main male character isn't the same as the yamato from the manga.

I was the one who told you about Say I Love You ;)

You know, what irks me is that future Naho said that "even if Kakeru were still alive, I'd have married you, Suwa." And now we get this open ending -_- There are comments saying that they are glad that both Suwa and Kakeru got to get their girl... I dunno why, but this open ending and this message rubs me the wrong way.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#189 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

Jup, just recently ended with 22 chapters.

Ok. Thanks.

#190 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

I hope you guys don't kill me for saying this, but am I the only one here who thinks the ending is good.

I mean don't get me wrong I can see what ya'll are talking about, and I'm not saying it's the best ending ever, but I see more pros than cons with this ending than.. You know.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#191 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

I hope you guys don't kill me for saying this, but am I the only one here who thinks the ending is good.

I mean don't get me wrong I can see what ya'll are talking about, and I'm not saying it's the best ending ever, but I see more pros than cons with this ending than.. You know.

I don't think anyone here is saying we think the ending is bad, pretty much all of us agree it was good, it was just not great, kinda undercooked. It was like it a fairy tale written for children, where instead of giving us more indepth end, we get 'and they all lived happily ever after' which is fine when you are a kid, but it doesn't quite work when you are older.

Also the way Kakeru handled finding out about the truth was a bit unrealistic, I'd have expected a bit more emotion there, there maybe should have been  bit of uneasy tension, wondering whether the relationshipns built were genuine or one of a future selfs guilt trying to make amends. Kakeru was in a highly emotional place, doubting feelings of others towards him, and feeling guilty of the friendships he had built up, I felt he'd maybe reacted badly or atleast unsure about the true nature of these relationship he'd built.

It was a good ending but just not a memorable one...I'm more likely to remember the first chapter than the end.

iAnby7W.gif

#192 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:56 AM

How should I say it... I guess I'm just not a big fan with open endings XD

The ending to Orange wasn't bad, but I wanted a bit more.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#193 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

I don't think anyone here is saying we think the ending is bad, pretty much all of us agree it was good, it was just not great, kinda undercooked. It was like it a fairy tale written for children, where instead of giving us more indepth end, we get 'and they all lived happily ever after' which is fine when you are a kid, but it doesn't quite work when you are older.

Also the way Kakeru handled finding out about the truth was a bit unrealistic, I'd have expected a bit more emotion there, there maybe should have been  bit of uneasy tension, wondering whether the relationshipns built were genuine or one of a future selfs guilt trying to make amends. Kakeru was in a highly emotional place, doubting feelings of others towards him, and feeling guilty of the friendships he had built up, I felt he'd maybe reacted badly or atleast unsure about the true nature of these relationship he'd built.

It was a good ending but just not a memorable one...I'm more likely to remember the first chapter than the end.

I never said anybody hated the ending, what I meant to say was the ending was an interesting apporach, was it kinda rushed yeah is it the best of the best? no definitely not the best of the best, I think what would've made it memorable was it being satisfying.  

How should I say it... I guess I'm just not a big fan with open endings XD

The ending to Orange wasn't bad, but I wanted a bit more.

That's understandable I'm not too big of a fan of open endings either, but I do believe that the approach was unique in it's own way. Like you said the ending should've had a bit more satisfaction towards it. 

I do believe there could've been maybe an extra 5-10 pages to make it feel more fleshed out, and a little less rushed. 

#194 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

You know, what irks me is that future Naho said that "even if Kakeru were still alive, I'd have married you, Suwa." And now we get this open ending -_- There are comments saying that they are glad that both Suwa and Kakeru got to get their girl... I dunno why, but this open ending and this message rubs me the wrong way.

Oh sorry for forgetting  :ohmy:

Yeah, I thought about that too ! Why did she say that ? I don't remember well if she knew in the "first world" that Kakeru loved her too ! 

I personnaly think that it wasn't really an open ending, since they said to each other their feelings, and Suwa's feelings were put aside, so for me,it would make sense that Kakeru and Naho ended together instead of Naho and Suwa. But the sentence you mentioned makes things more complicated, even though, Suwa and Naho didn't seem really "that happy" in the first world,since it felt like Naho was still in love with Kakeru.

Nobody will kill you for giving your opinion :P 

I don't think it was a bad ending, in the contrary it was a good one, but I, and some of us here , were expecting something better, because it COULD have been so~ much better. I didn't feel that happy about them saving him or that sad about the manga ending, I was just...idk, it wasn't that satisfying.

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#195 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

If anything you're lucky.. i was devastated when they say the mangaka will QUIT.. yes QUIT not on hiatus so imagine the horror.. then good news came that it will be continued..

Im not sure about future chapters...but maybe theyll release some bonus chapters? I wouldnt mind it if it gets extemded provided that the quality wont digress

I don't know if the author will do a bonus chapter, something might have happened to her since she took a break. But never stop believing >.<

Ah, it's Narusakuftmixer.tumblr,com :D But you are following me ^-^

That's true, but I think she knew where she was going with the story. It'll be a shame if she didn't finish it her way, but just wanted to finish it cause she didn't want to continue it....

I'm only at episode 5 so hard to judge. But I kinda like it already, I'm pretty much in love with Mei's character. Really Yamato is a different person in the manga? How? :headscratch:  

#196 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:33 AM

i think i need to reread this manga.. i kinda forgot that part... and sounds significant too..

Maybe from there i will have a new perspective about the ending.

This is the problem when reading manga chapters in between a certain time gap. it makes you think hard and can make you sway from the course.

@harry4e i was thinking about that too... if you are in a state of depression like Kakeru then it is highly possible that you doubt people's intentions and feelings towards you.. esp in his case. where they all just doing it to save him? sometimes the group baby Kakeru too much... Although we do know that all of them just sincerely love them.

PS: I'm still on the Suwa ship.. altho i liked Kakeru for Naho since the beginning and i still like him now.. i just felt more from Suwa.

Now that i think about it.. i want to write a letter to my old self as well which says:

NEVER READ OR CONCERN YOURSELF WITH NARUTO SERIES. RUN AWAY FROM IT LIKE ITS SOME KIND OF CURSE. SAVE YOURSELF AS IT WILL MAKE YOU A TERRIBLE PERSON.

#197 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:23 PM

Guyyyys!!! Orange is getting an anime adaptation this summer!! 

http://orange-takano...st/139426811580

tumblr_o2ndzeUK0z1rdk1qdo1_500.png

#198 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

Guyyyys!!! Orange is getting an anime adaptation this summer!! 

http://orange-takano...st/139426811580

tumblr_o2ndzeUK0z1rdk1qdo1_500.png

Great. Hopefully, they'll make an anime original ending cause I hated the manga ending.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#199 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing the anime,  also side note: where is the attack on titan season 2? isn't it suppose to come out this year? 

#200 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing the anime,  also side note: where is the attack on titan season 2? isn't it suppose to come out this year? 

It will. It was confirmed somewhere. Prob out in the fall.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shojo, seinen, romance, slice of life, drama, time travel, comedy, best bro, depression, suicide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users