• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#21 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm glad Tsunade got to reunite with Dan. I was really, really, really afraid that was not going to happen, and that Dan was going to disappear without making that connection. The rest of the ET'd ninjas have been somewhat disappointing in that way: Asuma didn't get to see Kurenai, Chiyo didn't get to see Sakura. (I know, Sai did get to see his brother and Sakura was recognized by Zabuza.) So I'd pretty much given up hope for Dan/Tsunade.

But how sweet! "My Tsunade." And "You are my dream." Really lovely and romantic.

And now I'm totally hoping for a good NS scene centered on the forehead kiss. It just seems to be pointing toward that with Sakura's self-conciousness on that spot, and the significance of the forehead kiss in the manga.

#22 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

I actually liked the chapter - Madara didn't disappear (though I really wanted to get back to Naruto's fight with Tobi, it would have been undeniably anti-climactic if Madara just disappeared like that), and Tsunade got her closure with Dan wub.gif .

On that last note, I don't know why some people are upset about the Dan and Tsunade reunion, or think that it takes away from any possible JiraxTsu. Tsunade told him that she had always run from his memory, but she had changed and was able to achieve his dream. He apologizes to her for causing her hardship, and tells her that he'll wait for her in the other life, but that he doesn't want to see her for a long time. Then at the end, Tsunade says: "I just met with an old friend for a bit".

Tsunade definitely loved Dan, but there was nothing about the encounter that suggested she didn't love Jiraiya.

But yea, that forehead kiss gave me goosebumps! Really hoping for something similar for NaruSaku in the future!!! >_<

Edited by Paptala, 27 June 2012 - 01:42 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#23 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jun 27 2012, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And now I'm totally hoping for a good NS scene centered on the forehead kiss. It just seems to be pointing toward that with Sakura's self-conciousness on that spot, and the significance of the forehead kiss in the manga.

You beat me to posting that. tongue.gif Basically, if Tsunade and Sakura are suppose to be alike, then Tsunade getting forehead kissed has to mean something. biggrin.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#24 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Oh, so Madara has another trick up his sleeve to stick around, isn't that convenient. It was nice to see Tsunade have a good moment though.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (ninja_salamander @ Jun 27 2012, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Happy, Sad and VERY ANGRY!! --Click here to view--
I was both Happy, sad and very angry at the chapter

Happy because I will see madara uchiha loose to kages hopefully

Sad because it turned out that tsunade did still loved Dan only and Jiraiya was nothing for her more than a friend. I really do feel bad for sometimes he is just completely forgotten after the pain fight. Not even Naruto is shown to remember him. POOR JIRAIYA!

also Naruto vs tobi fight will have to wait

Very Angry because

1) Tsuchikage said whoever ended the edo tensei was a HERO FOR SHINOBI WORLD which is an UCHIHA(why kishi always makes naruto look like fool in front of these UCHIHAS)

2) An UCHIHA(madara) was again able to freed himself from Edo tensei followed by Itachi UCHIHA.

3) Now when kages will defeat Madara they will definitely have to defeat his perfect susanoo meaning they if teamed up will also be able to take down Naruto because Madara said perfect susanoo is as strong as a bijuu.

I am really angry at kishi for putting all the spotlight on UCHIHAS most of the time. I just wish somehow it is shown that the perfect susanoo is not as powerful as a bijuu and 10 tails so that if Naruto fights and defeats the 10 tails he becomes the strongest shinobi on the shinobi world.
OR
Make tobi use perfect susanoo and then Naruto defeats him.

but what am I saying these things will turn out only in my dreams but I will be definitely satisfied if this somehow happened in the manga. ARGGGGGHHHH kishi why u can't make Naruto get all this heroic attention and power. WHY U always equal's Sasuke's power with Naruto's power?????

Why u are raging at?
Itachi deserved to be a hero after all what he done, he helped naruto to save the shinobi world even in death.
I will rage if sasuke take the credit for it.

Edited by dovahkiin, 27 June 2012 - 01:56 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#26 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Did Kishi saw ladygt's work?

It is too similar to be a coincidence. Its like Kishi's trying to give a heads-up to NS fans who most likely saw this fanart before.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jun 27 2012, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Kishi saw ladygt's work?

It is too similar to be a coincidence. Its like Kishi's trying to give a heads-up to NS fans who most likely saw this fanart before.

Oh wow, just wow. I'd seen that fan art of Ladygt's before, but I never thought of making that comment laugh.gif . Yep, Kishi's been ninja'ing around the internet ninja.gif . Maybe him being a tech-illiterate was a total lie? tongue.gif

Now I really have to wonder if he just ninja'ed her. I bet Ladygt would die of shock from that revelation. I bet it's kinda like how Rowling was ninja'ing around HP forums for her research. I really wonder how many HP forum admins & mods had a heart attack over that 111189.gif .

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Ahah whoa, that's a pretty cool coincidence.... too much of a coincidence?

But Madara... damn,
He's like an effing manga Jedi.

Edited by Fenris, 27 June 2012 - 02:34 PM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#29 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Here's the only thing I don't like. How does Madara know the seals for the Edo Tensei when it was invented by the second Hokage after his death?

#30 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm a bit confused.
Itachi "died" the second time to stop the Edo Tensei with Kabuto's fight and all of that, but Madara just released it? I have a feeling I have to go back and re-read the previous 200 or so chapters. Or I'm getting Jutsu confused.

Edited by Fenris, 27 June 2012 - 02:43 PM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#31 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

are you guys forgetting about this?

he's just returning the favor ...

#32 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jun 27 2012, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your point?

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#33 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

omfg the whole discussion is about some kittening forehead scene when we got a huge heresy like madara not getting realesed of the edo's tensei, and sasuke probably going to take credit for dispelling the edo tensei's.
i'm not going to return to this topic.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#34 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jun 27 2012, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

duh! the point is Kishi finds forehead kiss romantic. smh.

#35 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Jun 27 2012, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omfg the whole discussion is about some kittening forehead scene when we got a huge heresy like madara not getting realesed of the edo's tensei, and sasuke probably going to take credit for dispelling the edo tensei's.
i'm not going to return to this topic.

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Jun 27 2012, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why u are raging at?

Edited by Darth Krypt, 27 June 2012 - 03:11 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#36 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

I didn't mind Dan and Tsunade reunion, but the fact that Kishimoto needed an total ass pull convenient technique to make it happen.... was pretty lame in my book. And talking about ass pull, man, I knew Madara was overpowered, but now he is just on Aizen god mode, this guy haves every ninjutsu known to man.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#37 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 27 2012, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't mind Dan and Tsunade reunion, but the fact that Kishimoto needed an total ass pull convenient technique to make it happen.... was pretty lame in my book. And talking about ass pull, man, I knew Madara was overpowered, but now he is just on Aizen god mode, this guy haves every ninjutsu known to man.

I know right. Spiritualization jutsu. lol.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 27 June 2012 - 03:18 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#38 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 27 2012, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually liked the chapter - Madara didn't disappear (though I really wanted to get back to Naruto's fight with Tobi, it would have been undeniably anti-climactic if Madara just disappeared like that), and Tsunade got her closure with Dan wub.gif .

On that last note, I don't know why some people are upset about the Dan and Tsunade reunion, or think that it takes away from any possible JiraxTsu. Tsunade told him that she had always run from his memory, but she had changed and was able to achieve his dream. He apologizes to her for causing her hardship, and tells her that he'll wait for her in the other life, but that he doesn't want to see her for a long time. Then at the end, Tsunade says: "I just met with an old friend for a bit".

Tsunade definitely loved Dan, but there was nothing about the encounter that suggested she didn't love Jiraiya.

Exactly, it was made obvious that she was also in love with Jiraiya. I vote for both in the afterlife, just like Konan with Yahiko and Nagato.

And yeah, that definitely lends more weight to Naruto eventually giving Sakura the forehead kiss he said he wanted to do to her back in part 1. That will be a sweet scene.

Kishimoto didn't have to surf the web himself, I bet someone at Jump looks around the internet for Naruto related fanart and prints it off for Kishimoto, some years back, at one of the Animazement's I attened that had Yuu Watase as a guest, Yuu Watase said someone at Shocomi did that for her- including western websites...

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#39 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

The thing that angered me was that Tsunade didn't once think of Jiraiya during that whole thing, I understand that it was the man she loved/loves but still. Which brings me to the whole conclusion she didn't actually like him Jiraiya, which also brings me to how Naruto is the student of the past sage and Sakura is the student of Tsunade, what i'm trying to get at is Dan may not be a Sasuke but she didn't once think about Jiraiya and this could lead to Sakura going to Sasuke in some since.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#40 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

I have mixed feeling about this chapter. I'm glad that Tsunade got a closure with Dan ( even if I don't really like the way it happend the important thing is that it happend). His speech was touching and him returning Tsunade's forehead kiss was even more beautiful. No matter how much I want action, I'm really glad to see show of affection like this in all the horror that war brings. Like many other think, the forehaed kiss will be used later for NS, the proof that Kishi like this kind of kiss to show affection is too strong.

Itachi being called a hero is understandable. No matter how much I hate the Uchiha, I still think that Itachi earned this title. He sacrificed everything for Konoha and his brother ( even if I selfishly think that Sasuke doesn't deserve that...oh well, this is me not liking Sasuke that make me say that), He gave good advice for Naruto that I'm sure that he, unlike Sasuke, will follow...I hope ( don't do everything alone, trust others to help you) and lastly he stoped the ET technique...Too bad that Madara is like always too overpowered but I still think that Itachi deserve being called a hero. Maybe if the ninja world admit that much then maybe Sasuke might see that the world isn't against all Uchiha. Anyway, I think that Itachi has a good closure and while I hate Sasuke, I'm curious to see what he'll say next.

Madara...*sigh* While I rejoice to see that the kage will have a chance to have a good fight ( on the other hand ,not looking good) I seriously want Madara to have a big fat downfall, so low that his Uchiha macho ego complex is crushed for good ( one can dream right). Seriously, when we'll see the ' in every jutsu, there is a weakness' when it concerne the Uchiha jutsu ( especially Susanoo).

Anyway, I loved that chapter yet I'm still frustrated with all the Uchiha 'godlike never going to be stopped' impression. I really can't wait to see Sakura again, I know that it's not that important but I really want to see her to proove her worth even more ( although I think that her attitude so far was exacltly what I wanted to see in her)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users