• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

(Okay maybe this isn't a rant, more like an observation. This is by no means trying to justify what Kishimoto has done or anything like that. Also, not trying to insult pairings, I'm just calling it as I see it.)

So, this has been on my mind for a while and it may or may not have been discussed, but I'm going to go ahead and write this out anyway. 

To my understanding and stand point, Kishimoto hates the canon pairings, this is why I think so.

Let's begin with SasuSaku:

I know Sakura kinda of wasn't supposed to exist but, Kishimoto couldn't dislike Sakura that much to make her marriage with Sasuke suffer and be that miserable. Sasuke being gone for twelve years with ZERO communication with Sakura or Sarada I mean come on. If he could communicate with his old pal Naruto, why not his "wife" and child? He hadn't even seen or met Sarada which was mind blowing, like how could you not go and see your kid? And if Sakura is your wife, why didn't you go and see her?

Fans claimed that Sasuke had a perfectly good reason for being away that long, but there wasn't in the end. There was no explanation of why Sasuke was gone that long, and from the looks of it if Sarada hadn't wanted to meet and confront Sasuke, Sasuke wouldn't have been around for another twelve (or more) years. It's even claimed by Sasuke himself that pretty much the only reason that he's with Sakura is because of Sarada. 

Then there's the pretty in stone fact that Sasuke hasn't ever kissed Sakura. The most romantic thing that Sakura can recall that Sasuke has done is poke her on the forehead. WTH? Fans found Sasuke rejecting Sakura, when she pretty much is begging (yes begging, that's how I viewed that) for a kiss, cute. That's not cute.... that's messed up. How can they "do the deed" but not even have kissed once? 

Let's not get started with Sarada looking just like Karin and Sarada thinking that Karin was her biological mom. 

Fans claimed that Naruto Gaiden was a cute SasuSaku family adventure, I would have found that as a big slap in the face. The love that they imagined Sakura and Sasuke would have in the end, is pretty much fanon. If I were a SasuSaku fan I would be pretty angry with how Gaiden was. 

Now let's move on to the Sunshine couple, NaruHina....

Let's begin with the most interaction the couple got, and that's from the movie, The Last.  

This movie too was a slap in the face. For one, Kishimoto had no hand in writing it. Yeah, I guess it's because he "doesn't know how to write romance" (yet he was doing a pretty great job with Naruto and Sakura's relationship imo.) but, it's just the fact Kishimoto had little to no hand in creating Naruto and Hinata's romance. So that sort of tells you something. 

Two, their relationship had to be explained in a movie, I repeat in a movie. Why not in the manga? Well, that's probably because he was too busy developing Naruto and Sakura's relationship, (and other relevant, important relationships.) which he so called claims was formed because it was to deceive fans. (I call that BS.) 

Three, Naruto didn't respond to Hinata's confession, or Hinata in general for two years. TWO YEARS. It's like he forgot her confession and her existence for two years. That's just absolutely mind blowing. 

Four, the genjutsu. It literally took a genjutsu to bring them together. I would have thought that Hinata's actual love would impact Naruto, not a genjutsu that made him pity her. Let's not get into how Sakura had to get involved to play cupid for them.

(Just a extra tidbit, now that I thought about Sakura playing cupid in this movie. I LOVE how Naruto is apparently ignorant to love so suddenly. Like he was yelling at Zabuza, a grown man, about how Haku loved and cared about him at the age of twelve.... so does that knowledge about love go away at nineteen or...??)

Kishimoto, as I said had little hand in this movie, but he was okay with it

Then the little things I've heard about Gaiden and Boruto: 

Apparently Naruto spends little to no time with his wife and family. (In Gaiden: Apparently Naruto is following Sasuke's footsteps.) This results in his son hating him, Hinata? She's to busy knitting scarves to be concerned on the fact her husband who she wanted to be with for years doesn't spend time with her.)

Apparently Naruto and Hinata don't even sleep in the same bed. (Boruto movie, how the heck did they have kids then?)

The conclusion on both pairings: FORCED. Very forced. 

It just seems like if Kishimoto really wanted these pairings to come to be he would have just written them out properly from the beginning with a healthy start. Well NaruHina was more healthy than SasuSaku, I can give it that, just how they came to be was messed up. 

Maybe he upset he couldn't make the ending his way, because of pressure from his editors? And so maybe he was trying to maybe make a point with these two pairings? Like he was saying: "Okay you want Sakura and Sasuke together, this is how their marriage would be." and: "Alright Naruto and Hinata will be together, *SP writes story that is pretty much insulting, Kishimoto looks over it* yep this is how Naruto would fall for Hinata! Put it on the big screen!" 

Maybe he was trying to have the whole fandom turn against him so he could take a break and drop Naruto for good?

I don't know, I guess that may be two of four reasons why he ended Naruto on a bad note. What do you guys think? 

Edited by NarutoxSakuraFan4Life, 21 August 2015 - 04:51 AM.

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

Yeha, you can tell theyre forced by how he has to constantly beat us over the head in the Gaiden with how in love they are, and how theyre so happy as a family. Same with the Sakura Hiden where everyone and their mother has to comment on what a lovely couple Naruto and Hinata are.

Its like saying if you cant show it in a simple bit of wording, then spray paint it over every wall and window and someone will get the hint.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

That is the definition of not a quick rant, but can't argue with your points, but one thing I've learnt is extremely apparant, allot of fans will overlook flaws because they feel by admitting these flaws they are admitting to failure in themselves for putting the time and effort into the game. So they will continue to defend things, will overlook these flaws and hunt down and abuse anyone who points these flaws out, trying to make them out to be jealous or delusional or haters. So the large majority will accept this mediocre content, justify it as being good, and deny it's faults to make themselves feel better about their decision to highly rate the series and will continue to support it to prove their point.

iAnby7W.gif

#4 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:19 AM

I think what happened was 

1) Yahagi ( Kishimoto's first editor) was leading the story throughout most of part 1 and the start of part 2 and by what happened in early part 2 it is early to guess what pairing was being hinted...

Also since Naruto is a shounen, the romantic subplot was small, specially in the beginning of part 2 because the characters matured and the story was focusing in more serious things thus romace centered charcters like Sakura had a new light shed upon them 

2) After Yahagi left though, I think Kishi felt lost, so he tried to follow his other editors leads which resulted in the story beginning to turn into a mess to the point of  the romantic subplot return with full force to the forefront ( this subplot ended up hurting Sakura's character a lot )

3)In addition to this , I think Kishi began to notice that Naruto was beginning to lose a certain part of it's audience so he began to make use of pairing teases, a lot of them, to secure the pairing related fandom into continue to accompany the series 

However the pairing teases ended up making a mess of most pairings, except NS that had a good base thanks to early part 2 and a series of healthy developments in the middle of it 

In the end when Kishimoto ended up choosing NH and SS for some reason ( I think it was due to the last and SP enforcing it), the romantic subplot resolution was compromised because NH ended up being underdeveloped and SS was developed negatively 

So no, I don't think Kishimoto made these pairings so bad in purpose, he is just a bad author and wasn't able to properly set up these pairings because he didn't had a proper guide and ended up fooling around too much with pairing teases to properly estabilish the canon pairings as something that made sense

Edited by Nar123, 22 August 2015 - 01:12 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#5 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:43 AM

That is the definition of not a quick rant, but can't argue with your points, but one thing I've learnt is extremely apparant, allot of fans will overlook flaws because they feel by admitting these flaws they are admitting to failure in themselves for putting the time and effort into the game. So they will continue to defend things, will overlook these flaws and hunt down and abuse anyone who points these flaws out, trying to make them out to be jealous or delusional or haters. So the large majority will accept this mediocre content, justify it as being good, and deny it's faults to make themselves feel better about their decision to highly rate the series and will continue to support it to prove their point.

Yes, I realized that at the end, but once I started I couldn't stop. Sorry about that. 

But, yeah, I know exactly what you mean. SasuSaku and NaruHina fans will jump down your throat if you don't agree with their pairings, the ending, or pointing out any flaws that have to do with their pairings. It's just sad that they would accept canon this way. It's as if... they didn't settle for the very best. They just took whatever, as long as their pairing(s) were/was canon. 

Edited by NarutoxSakuraFan4Life, 20 August 2015 - 01:49 AM.

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#6 sakuraxuzumaki

sakuraxuzumaki

Strength of a Hundred Seal

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Sailor Moon, SnK, Bleach, Wolfs Rain, GoT, LOTR, NANA, shopping, tea, talking, and making friends

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

I agree with everything you say, that's why even right now, I still will continue to reblog, like & talk about NS, I will not let the blind fans think that it was always NH,

🌸🍜 "I leave my son in your care"- Minato 🍜🌸

ma8n4l.jpg

#7 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

Very well said. It all happened because of the louder NH fans. Everywhere you go there's always that NH fan screaming "NH" in anything Naruto-related, especially youtube comment sections

1wocs1.gif

#8 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:00 AM

Very well said. It all happened because of the louder NH fans. Everywhere you go there's always that NH fan screaming "NH" in anything Naruto-related, especially youtube comment sections

Even on Non Naruto videos. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#9 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:05 AM

Well Kishi did say Hinata was getting popular.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#10 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

why is hinata so popular? all because of her big boobs? that's just fanservice! even if they are huge i've notice they don't seem to focus on those anymore lol. really since the one-shot that only focused on himawari it only focused on HER.i'm not sure what SP's trying to do but, they need to change the name, they pretty much ruined naruto. we'll never see that sunshiney knuckle head, or sakura being her tsundere self again. those characters are long gone.

#11 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

yeah i dont understand it either how fans go crazy over her and find her cute. she doesnt look attractive to me because she has no eyeballs. i always saw her nothing more than just a shy support character who had a crush on naruto who's meant to stay in the sidelines. suddenly she becomes an important character coz they heard a lot fans going nuts and drooling over her, its ridiculous, but that's life i guess.

1wocs1.gif

#12 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

I still find it surprising people are still talking about Naruto till this day. Its history time to move on and start watching other great anime and manga. I even forgot about such horrible series. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#13 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

why is hinata so popular? all because of her big boobs? that's just fanservice! even if they are huge i've notice they don't seem to focus on those anymore lol. really since the one-shot that only focused on himawari it only focused on HER.i'm not sure what SP's trying to do but, they need to change the name, they pretty much ruined naruto. we'll never see that sunshiney knuckle head, or sakura being her tsundere self again. those characters are long gone.

Well the answer to why she became so popular is actually formed of many answers. It isn't just one.

It's because of SP, because they always pushed Hinata and how amazing she really is, how sweet she is, how perfect she is. When you look at Kishi's work the manga Hinata barely appears in 50 chapters including the ones where she's just there. He introduced her in chapter 30 something so that would be about a year after he began his story. So late in the story.

SP on the other hand made her introduction in episode 2 or 3 if I'm not mistaken. So basically from the start. I'm sure all of you remember chapter 3 where Naruto declares that he likes Sakura. Well SP made Hinata appear in that moment, she was there in the background. Even though Kishi never drew her. Then she started to appear in more and more episodes, having a bigger role than she really had in the manga.

They gave her abilities that she never had, moments that never existed, an importance to the story. They supported her from day one. They even gave her an entire episode dedicated to her pathetic attempt of a confession/saving.

And made it look like only Hinata loves Naruto, only Hinata can ever love him, her love is pure. it's perfect. No such love ever existed before. Which pisses me off because they screwed the Naruto vs Nagato fight just to give a side character that did nothing throughout the entire story the most perfect animation about her idiotic confession that Naruto ignored entirely. God that pisses me off so much. They even made special ending just for her.

And then it was the fans self inserting themselves/viewing themselves as her or wanting someone like her. I've said this multiple times.

To keep this short Hinata for the male audience is a sex doll. For the female and some of the male audience she's relatable. They can relate to the situation.

So in reality it's not just her boobs. It's everything about her and SP favoritism towards her and her fanatic fans combined.

Edited by Nostradamus, 21 August 2015 - 08:34 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#14 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

why did SP hate sakura so much? she was getting over sasuke, and in the end would have ended up with naruto if otaku had just left everything/one alone.they can't even give NS fans friendship moments' [naruto, and sakura are not allowed to interact again] i wonder though is it kishi that's not allowing it anymore cause he knows SP'll screw up the narusaku bond on purpose, or is it SP themselves being jerks to the fans'.? what did they have against NS? it was so sweet, and beautifully done! it's rare to see such true platonic friendship blossom into full true romantic love over time! i don't think that's ever been done in anime/manga

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 21 August 2015 - 05:47 PM.

#15 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

why did SP hate sakura so much? she was getting over sasuke, and in the end would have ended up with naruto if otaku had just left everything/one alone.

It's not that they hate Sakura. It's just that they like Hinata more.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#16 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:48 PM

i added more to that quote.

#17 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

i added more to that quote.

I don't anything like this has been done in any piece of fiction.

They can't allow Naruto and Sakura to interact like the old days because that will show the audience the truth end canon pairing.

In order to make these idiotic pairings they needed to destroy the real one and prohibit them from interacting with each other naturally.

Because as soon as Naruto and Sakura have a moment like the old ones, NH will fall instantly.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#18 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:34 PM

why did SP hate sakura so much? she was getting over sasuke, and in the end would have ended up with naruto if otaku had just left everything/one alone.they can't even give NS fans friendship moments' [naruto, and sakura are not allowed to interact again] i wonder though is it kishi that's not allowing it anymore cause he knows SP'll screw up the narusaku bond on purpose, or is it SP themselves being jerks to the fans'.? what did they have against NS? it was so sweet, and beautifully done! it's rare to see such true platonic friendship blossom into full true romantic love over time! i don't think that's ever been done in anime/manga

It happened plenty of times honestly

An example comes from ichigo 100%

( the author from ichigo 100% supported NS btw)

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#19 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

I still find it surprising people are still talking about Naruto till this day. Its history time to move on and start watching other great anime and manga. I even forgot about such horrible series. 

I couldn't care less about Naruto. This is the only Naruto related site I even visit anymore and that's only for the community here.

#20 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Why hinata is more popular than sakura?
Hinata is likeable who love naruto and she's the only one who do that.
Sakura is unlikeable who hate naruto (intially) and love sasuke, while loved by naruto.

Hinata will not be the popular girl if kishi create another fangirl. Especially if that said fangirl is tsundere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users