99 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 11 2009, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's old already? Dang that was fast XD

That's the internet age for ya tongue.gif

Well it was one of those memes that started out strong then burned out in a couple days. Though some still think it's big. XD

#42 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ Oct 11 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it was one of those memes that started out strong then burned out in a couple days. Though some still think it's big. XD

That's all the memes.

#43 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ Oct 11 2009, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did he do to deserve it again?

Giving people hope for the future on a wide-scale, as well as attempting against great ignorance and diversity to improve the lives of the people.

If that doesn't deserve at least recognition, well, meh. But I agree with people, it's a little early, but you don't have to go "OH EM GEEZ TEH ILLUMINATIZ" or "WUHT? HOW COULD A BLACK MAN GET A PRIZE?!". I'll give you three guesses who's basically saying these things.

#44 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Oct 11 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Giving people hope for the future on a wide-scale, as well as attempting against great ignorance and diversity to improve the lives of the people.

If that doesn't deserve at least recognition, well, meh. But I agree with people, it's a little early, but you don't have to go "OH EM GEEZ TEH ILLUMINATIZ" or "WUHT? HOW COULD A BLACK MAN GET A PRIZE?!". I'll give you three guesses who's basically saying these things.

HE'S BACK!

#45 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Oct 11 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think he's really done anything to deserve it. At least not yet. I mean this is the guy who went to the trouble of trying to get the olympics in Chicago.

I'm sorry but while giving people hope is a good thing. It's not really doing something.

#46 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:18 AM

@Pite, I understand your argument but you have to look back at what you said and realize that it would take at least 30 or more years for the green industry to even catch up with the oil industry, so that means over hundreds of thousands or more jobs would be loss due to refineries shutting down and a sure enough depression. Do you honestly expect the american people right now to all be able to afford a $40,000 plus hybrid to drive and get off of oil overnight.

#47 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Oct 12 2009, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$40,000

That's how much you'll waste in 7 years in oil with this price.

I prefer wasting in a rather expensive car that has really low relative maintenance costs.

But you're missing here the point.

Peace Prize.

Guide thee self.

#48 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (True @ Oct 9 2009, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems he was given the prize based on what hopes to stem from his foreign policy and improving talks with countries such as Cuba/North Korea/Iran/Russia and the Middle East. If they gave it to him in 2010 it would look like foreign interference with the American Congressional elections, which I'm sure would cause a big stir. I like Obama but think this is still quite the premature move to give him the prize so early in his term--though I understand the reasoning(s). However, you can't really fault him for something he has no control over; I personally believe the committee would gladly give it to anyone not named 'George Bush'

And hey the U.S. treasury gets $1.4 million dollars so it's not like it's a bad thing right?

Yup.

happy.gif

#49 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

That really is the sad thing about this. Anyone who came after Bush would have gotten a prize. I mean you practically deserve one for having to fix all Bush's screw ups.

#50 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ Oct 12 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That really is the sad thing about this. Anyone who came after Bush would have gotten a prize. I mean you practically deserve one for having to fix all Bush's screw ups.

Nah, I honestly don't think that anyone else besides Obama would have gotten this. Obama is the political world's 'Rockstar', no one else would have been able to sway the Nobel Prize committee quite the way he has. It just wouldn't have worked with any 'ol random President just because he 'wasn't Bush.'

#51 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ Oct 12 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm no.

Obama didn't fixed all of them. And he won't with 4 years in office. Even if he gets re-elected, he still has a lot of issues from the previous presidency to fix and will need to create tweaks and fixes to order if America is supposed to last a few more years. Because not only he has to fix America , economically and politically, he's also got to play with your minds and fix the mentality of your country if he wants his plans to work. ( Don't all countries need that? Yes. ) And that ladies and gents, is politics. Mere mind control so the people doesn't fall down in their own dung.

And Obama has caused a few issues of his own, I'm sure. Stop bringing him up more then you're supposed to. It's thanks to that ideology, that he's in the situation he's in :

In a very awkward one.

#52 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Oct 12 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm no.

Obama didn't fixed all of them. And he won't with 4 years in office. Even if he gets re-elected, he still has a lot of issues from the previous presidency to fix and will need to create tweaks and fixes to order if America is supposed to last a few more years. Because not only he has to fix America , economically and politically, he's also got to play with your minds and fix the mentality of your country if he wants his plans to work. ( Don't all countries need that? Yes. ) And that ladies and gents, is politics. Mere mind control so the people doesn't fall down in their own dung.

And Obama has caused a few issues of his own, I'm sure. Stop bringing him up more then you're supposed to. It's thanks to that ideology, that he's in the situation he's in :

In a very awkward one.

I'm just saying that anyone coming in after someone like Bush would more than likely get the prize. Has nothing to do with placing Obama on a pedestal or anything.

#53 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

Nobel Jury defends giving Obama the Prize:

http://news.yahoo.co...bel_peace_obama

#54 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Ugh, I feel like they pretty much proved it was premature to hand out the award.

Especially since they admitted:
"Alfred Nobel wrote that the prize should go to the person who has contributed most to the development of peace in the previous year," Jagland said. "Who has done more for that than Barack Obama?"

Previous year? Wouldn't that mean they look at the individuals record for 2008? And also, Obama hasn't done much in the development of peace. Unless talking about it and doing the opposite is good enough development?

They are also making it seem like it is only the conservatives who are disagreeing with this... so far I have seen a lot confusion on both sides with most people agreeing that it doesn't make sense. Ah well, he got it, life goes on.

#55 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Oct 13 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, I feel like they pretty much proved it was premature to hand out the award.

Especially since they admitted:

Previous year? Wouldn't that mean they look at the individuals record for 2008? And also, Obama hasn't done much in the development of peace. Unless talking about it and doing the opposite is good enough development?

They are also making it seem like it is only the conservatives who are disagreeing with this... so far I have seen a lot confusion on both sides with most people agreeing that it doesn't make sense. Ah well, he got it, life goes on.

But of course! Since we all know good intentions and the "right" politics are all that really matters. If his policies turn out to be a miserable failure and he's really as naive' as Sarkozy says, who cares! Just don't tell the Hondurans, Czech's and Poles.

In they end, they can say what they like, but when you consider that in the last eight years the winners include Obama, Carter, and Gore its pretty clear what they did.

#56 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:14 AM

......that's definitely up for debate.

#57 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:00 AM

Heck they gave Al Gore a Nobel Peace Prize, but he didn't do much than show his bs theory, Carter wasn't that great of a president, and Obama hasn't done much, not to mention they also gave it to Arafat, and the Dali Lama who before Chinese rule on Tibet, established his ideologue on the Tibetians, slaving them, and imposing a strict rule of religion. Its how the world views them then...but as far as i know, the world is ignorant.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#58 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 15 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heck they gave Al Gore a Nobel Peace Prize, but he didn't do much than show his bs theory

So, you consider Global Warming which even a sixth grader knows exists today, to be bs? mellow.gif

#59 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 16 2009, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, you consider Global Warming which even a sixth grader knows exists today, to be bs? mellow.gif

I think Climate Change is a natural phenomena, i was told by my biology teacher carbon dioxide comes from the natural photosynthesis in plants, in which human beings breath in every day. I also know that the Earth is in between two icing periods, and is bound to get cooler, i also read that polar bear population is thriving, that Al Gore couldn't support his theory, that the man who owned the weather channel showed a completely different graph to go against his own, that there are more trees today than 1980, and that children are constantly being indoctrinated in school by the left. Of course, i was lucky enough to study on a Chavez free world, and lucky enough to leave before he implemented his ideas.

Edited by Strangelove, 16 October 2009 - 03:18 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#60 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 15 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Climate Change is a natural phenomena, i was told by my biology teacher carbon dioxide comes from the natural photosynthesis in plants, in which human beings breath in every day. I also know that the Earth is in between two icing periods, and is bound to get cooler, i also read that polar bear population is thriving, that Al Gore couldn't support his theory, that the man who owned the weather channel showed a completely different graph to go against his own, that there are more trees today than 1980, and that children are constantly being indoctrinated in school by the left. Of course, i was lucky enough to study on a Chavez free world, and lucky enough to leave before he implemented his ideas.

I agree with Dr.Strangelove here. I took 12 hours of Geology courses here at my higher educational facility college learning book place. and uh...yeah Global Warming is bullsh**. For whatever reason Gore and his liberal constituents wanna publish this global warming propaganda, I don't really know. But, the Earth, is actually cooling..and it seems our polar bear friends have been increasing in numbers recently. At anyrate, I consider myself somewhat educated in Geological quandaries and other meteorological odds and ends, and in my opinion and that of my professor..We're doing quite well.

As for Obama getting the Nobel, he should be awarded. Not for accomplishing anything, but being the first U.S. President for actually doing NOTHING.

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 16 October 2009 - 11:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users