• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#41 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:45 AM

ll I know is that I heard of the poles shifting theory and the crossing of the galactic equator in 2012

http://alignment2012.../whatisga.htm

Here is more info on this thing.." That sound like a old program to me..."
http://www.universet...lactic-equator/

http://www.universet...lactic-equator/

gEOMATAIC REVERSALS

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 27 July 2009 - 04:00 AM.

#42 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Jul 26 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I don't know if a polar shift and a polar tilt refer to the same thing, but I know I just saw a program on NatGeo the explained the current tilt of the axis(23 degrees or so) was caused when a proto-planet smacked into the proto-earth about 3.5-4 billion years ago. Thus forming the moon and causing other things that helped formed the current Earth. Granted I don't know how old the program was, so the theories may of changed by now.

The hypothesis you're referring to is the collision of Theia (a Mars-like impactor) that occurred 4.6 billion years ago (so right at the beginning), aka the Giant Impact Hypothesis. It's the most widely accepted hypothesis of the formation of the Moon (for various reasons (e.g. oxygen isotopes, plane of orbit, etc.)).

I can't remember going into much detail with what the collision did to the Earth's axis... but it's hard to imagine a big impact like that having no effect on the Earth's tilt and rotational spin.

The moon is also the reason our axis is so stable, unlike Mars whose axis is always varying greatly.

Edited by Unknown Entity, 27 July 2009 - 04:03 AM.

Pretty bored.

#43 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

http://en.wikipedia....impact_hypothis

Here is the link for the Theory xD...."

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 08 September 2009 - 04:39 PM.

#44 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jul 26 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://en.wikipedia....impact_hypothes

Here is the link for the Theory xD...."

You forgot the "is" at the end of hypothesis in that link tongue.gif

Looking at that wiki page... I never knew that Theia was the name of a Greek Titan (even though I took some Greek mythology classes)... that would've helped me out remembering the name of the impactor before... I always kept spelling it wrong (kept forgetting the "i"... so "Thea").

Edited by Unknown Entity, 27 July 2009 - 04:27 AM.

Pretty bored.

#45 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

Thiera

Here is a little bit of a animation of how it supposed have happened...."

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 27 July 2009 - 04:32 AM.

#46 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:40 AM

Notice how we jumped from Mayans to the Moon colliding to the Earth?

MAKE UP YOUR MIND. Next thing you'll be doing , is quoting that ex-football player that says that there's Lizard people among us.

#47 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Jul 26 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MAKE UP YOUR MIND. Next thing you'll be doing , is quoting that ex-football player that says that there's Lizard people among us.

I know it just a theory out their xD

#48 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:42 AM

Did someone call my name?

No seriously, there are disputes that say the Theia incident never occured. For once, if a collision that large occurred several billions years ago, there would be a large amount of material left on earth from the other planet, and an extremely heated up ocean of magma.

#49 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Jul 26 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're not talking about the Moon colliding into Earth... we're talking about the formation of the Moon by collision of a giant impactor...

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 26 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No seriously, there are disputes that say the Theia incident never occured. For once, if a collision that large occurred several billions years ago, there would be a large amount of material left on earth from the other planet, and an extremely heated up ocean of magma.

That's why it's the most widely accepted hypothesis...
Pretty bored.

#50 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:46 AM

Oh , Lizard Man, sorry, you can go back at ruling the world.

All I'm saying. I think I already told you guys that Chiquito , Enrique and Jorge, the three man mayan warlords had played a trick on us.

BUT NOOOOO. You have to whip out recourses out of Wikipedia and Google. You just can't accept MY theory. It seems better then yours. And funnier. And with more fungi.

#51 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Jul 26 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All I'm saying. I think I already told you guys that Chiquito , Enrique and Jorge, the three man mayan warlords had played a trick on us.

BUT NOOOOO. You have to whip out recourses out of Wikipedia and Google. You just can't accept MY theory. It seems better then yours. And funnier. And with more fungi.

I love that funny of yours xD

#52 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Jul 26 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really, the only problem with that is that there's no way for them to come out and laugh in the faces of those who believed in them after all this time... really ruins the whole thing. What's the point of tricking people if you don't get to laugh at them and see their faces when you tell them they were tricked? Otherwise, I would love your theory.
Pretty bored.

#53 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Jul 27 2009, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, the only problem with that is that there's no way for them to come out and laugh in the faces of those who believed in them after all this time... really ruins the whole thing. What's the point of tricking people if you don't get to laugh at them and see their faces when you tell them they were tricked? Otherwise, I would love your theory.

It's called long-term plan brotha. Like. Really long-term planning. Reallllllllllllllllllly long.

#54 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

I honestly think that I'll only believe it until it actually happens th_twitchsmile.gif (if it ever does) sleep.gif , but until then I think that all we have to do in live our lives like any other day happy.gif .

#55 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

This date only exists in the American calender anyway. For the rest of the world... there is no 21st month. 21-12-12 sounds slightly less cool.

Maybe it'll just be the end of America? All you guys from the US better start moving wink.gif

Personally I think if it's some great solar allignment universe gravitational thingy, there's not a lot I can do about it, so I'm not going to care.

Edited by DownsEndRoad, 27 July 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#56 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

Astronaut says in the past 12 years it has changed drasticcally

oh, god..... & the fact that he said it's been 12 years since he last went, makes it a creepier coincidence....

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#57 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 27 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Astronaut says in the past 12 years it has changed drasticcally

oh, god..... & the fact that he said it's been 12 years since he last went, makes it a creepier coincidence....

yeah, don't worry about that it will just rise the sea level

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 27 July 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#58 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

A decade really changes things.

I haven't seen the weather this hot 10 years ago, which means we're definitely screwing something up on this planet. The human race is the only race that makes permanent marks on the Earth.

Like every extinct species, some caused by us, some died naturally... we're slowly killing ourselves by killing our planet. Maybe the world won't end in 3 years, but it'll end some day by human hands.

#59 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

Regardless, if it's true or not; I put my faith in God's hands. Yes, I'm a firm believer of Christianity and i accept Jesus Christ as my Savior/Lord/Great Holy Older Brother/Shepard and God almighty is my true father/King Ruler/Alpha-Omega. As long as i put faith in My true fathers hands i'm not worried what happens tomorrow and so on. love.gif emoticon_monocle.gif a_thumbs.gif

#60 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jul 27 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, don't worry about that it will just rise the sea level

Yeah and then all the sea level areas such as Florida drown. Rising sea level is a bad thing. It needs to be worried about.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users