North Korea does it again -.-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Apr 4 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw this on dannychoo earlier today. Had a nice view on it.

http://www.dannychoo...le Defense.html

For those who don't want to click:

Japan's defense system !

....We must build Gundams. NOW. And they all have to be the Freedom model... Hey, make another totally overkill weapon and get political points for doing it.

As for WW3, well, I certainly hope it doesn't happen. But given just how easily people resort to violence on a grand scale when given the chance, I wouldn't be surprised.

#22 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Apr 6 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear... that has to be one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

I do hope you understand that was intended to be a joke.

#23 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Apr 8 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do hope you understand that was intended to be a joke.

I do understand that it wasn't a serious statement... but doesn't change the fact that it was stupid. Not to mention it wasn't funny (and it doesn't seem like I'm alone in this thinking).
Pretty bored.

#24 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (True @ Apr 4 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go Pikachu!!

Yeah Pikachu!!!!!!

#25 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:12 AM

Doraemon and Gundam will save us all. biggrin.gif

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

If there is ever to be a World War 3, I'd place bets that North Korea would be one of if not the top candidate to start it >.>

Story here

#27 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 25 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there is ever to be a World War 3, I'd place bets that North Korea would be one of if not the top candidate to start it >.>

Story here

I second that. In my opinion, they wouldn't be testing missiles unless they planed on useing them. Why they are testing them, i don't know, but it seems fishy for them to randomly test things they shouldn't be worrying about.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#28 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ May 25 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second that. In my opinion, they wouldn't be testing missiles unless they planed on useing them. Why they are testing them, i don't know, but it seems fishy for them to randomly test things they shouldn't be worrying about.

Let's see...

North Korea...

Dictator - check: Kim Jong-Il

Now, you give a dictator absolute power over everything, that gives him reason to start wanting more power. So what does he do? Develop nukes and start testing missile capabilities. It's like Project Manhattan all over again.

And, Zman... they're not "randomly" testing, they're also not "worrying" about it. Dictator Jong-Il has waited a long time to do this. He pretty much wants to press people's buttons to see who will react first and start another war. Selfish bastards.

#29 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ May 25 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not necessarily.

Kim Jong Il knows that if he uses one, the Russians, Chinese, Israeli's, French, US, and so on have the arsenals to turn him and his land into an even more of an inhospitable wasteland then it already is, while he likely has the power to hit only a handful of cities within his region.

What this does give him is leverage. He can simply threaten Seoul and Tokyo and demand that other powers give into his demands.

And if someone, say Japan, wants to forcibly disarm him, he'll just threaten to fry Tokyo with the expectation that they won't have the balls to proceed.

This isn't the least bit surprising. It's what North Korea has been working for for twenty years while they pretended to engage in good faith negotiation with anyone who would listen. Iran's doing the same thing. Neither party was ever serious about stopping. It's as Cloud said, this has been North Korea's goal for decades.
So, my question is, what do Barack and other powers plan to do about it? Negotiations? Those failed miserably. Sanctions? North Korea is already a total hell hole.

#30 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:37 AM

Ugh. North Korea was turned from a beautiful country into a shambling hell hole, thanks to Kim draining the economy for his nuclear program.

Talking to the North Korean government is like talking to a wall. They won't listen.

#31 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:38 AM

*puts on his helmet and his medical 2nd M.Y. infantry jacket on*

I'll see you guys in the battlefield k? Let's just hope we're all in the same side awright?

#32 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:39 AM

It would seem China and Russia have taken this chance to gain favour in the International community, if the Koreans of the North continue this journey they'll likely find themselves short of two alliances. And perhaps the United Nations would find some use for these two powerful countries.

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ May 25 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*puts on his helmet and his medical 2nd M.Y. infantry jacket on*

I'll see you guys in the battlefield k? Let's just hope we're all in the same side awright?

I'm afraid that will not be necessary, although the North Korean's boast a huge army they lack certain key elements to make effective use of it. If they had a good army that wasn't just for show and tell, then they'd have invaded a South Korea by now. Unfortunately I believe that their army is just for oppressing it's own people in it's country rather than to protect them, and another thing is that even though this formidable force may not be able to co-ordinate it's attacks very good it would likely put up a very strong defense.

Edited by Saint Michael, 26 May 2009 - 02:46 AM.

The Righteous are humiliated and perish, the strong are weakened and beaten, lovers become wretches to all and the other, the innocent are forsaken and dismissed, and the shattered are left broken... such is the cause of evil and contempt... contempt for what others are not, contempt for their own weaknesses, contempt because they are no longer in the realm of the light. But instead have fallen to hatred, anxiety, and greed.

#33 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

Army has nothing to do with it.

The DMZ has a large amount of landmines surrounding it, plus it's backed up by the UN. So unless they want to seriously piss off the United Nations, they can't even do anything with a large army.

Edited by Cloud, 26 May 2009 - 02:56 AM.

#34 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 25 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The DMZ has a large amount of landlines surrounding it, plus it's backed up by the UN. So unless they want to seriously piss off the United Nations, they can't even do anything with a large army.

The United Nations really doesn't like dictators to much huh? Iraq went first you know rolleyes.gif

speaking of which why were we not told of this?

"Most recently, South Korea sent 3,300 troops of the Zaytun Division to help re-building in northern Iraq, and was the 3rd largest contributor in the coalition forces after only the US and Britain."

I'll tell you why, because the media stays the same no matter what country it's in. It's filled with lies and jumbled words!

Edited by Saint Michael, 26 May 2009 - 02:58 AM.

The Righteous are humiliated and perish, the strong are weakened and beaten, lovers become wretches to all and the other, the innocent are forsaken and dismissed, and the shattered are left broken... such is the cause of evil and contempt... contempt for what others are not, contempt for their own weaknesses, contempt because they are no longer in the realm of the light. But instead have fallen to hatred, anxiety, and greed.

#35 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 25 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The DMZ has a large amount of landmines surrounding it, plus it's backed up by the UN. So unless they want to seriously piss off the United Nations, they can't even do anything with a large army.

I have trouble believing that the UN scares them, given it's (a) total dependence on member nation contributions that are, at its absolute best, inconsistent, and (2) they're total non-response to the last test when the US couldn't even get a resolution through the security counsel.

The UN participation in the last Korean War only happened because the Russians weren't present when the actual vote took place. Because of the way the security counsel is setup, any one of the five permanent members can force it into complete inaction by vetoing any resolution. This happened frequently during the Cold War (with the US and USSR frequently vetoing each other) and was why Obama couldn't get a resolution through during the last test: the Chinese and Russians blocked him.

The UN's a complete joke.

#36 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
    • PipPip
    • 160 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ May 25 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The United Nations is not a joke, it is potential.

#37 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,565 posts

QUOTE (Nate River @ May 25 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have trouble believing that the UN scares them, given it's (a) total dependence on member nation contributions that are, at its absolute best, inconsistent, and (2) they're total non-response to the last test when the US couldn't even get a resolution through the security counsel.

The UN participation in the last Korean War only came as a result because the Russians weren't present when the actual vote took place.

The idea of the UN is a joke. But I still don't think the North Koreans have the collective guts or balls to go against the Chinese or the Russians.

#38 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
      • PipPipPip
      • 1,056 posts
      • Interests:Your mother.

And that's why I agree this will escalate into WWIII. UN does little nowadays....maybe nothing. I blame the fact that even though the UN is composed of every country of the world , no one actually is playing it for the team.

Perhaps we'll see a new world after this.

I only know one thing. Either way this thing goes. It's going to get bad. Or just going to resume like Kim just teasing us.

" Oh I drop bomb on you! Oh no I don't. Hehe. OH LOOK I DROP BOMB NOW. Oh I joke joke. OHHH BOMBING TIEM. "

Yeah. Hardy har har.

#39 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
      • PipPip
      • 160 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ May 25 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
      And that's why I agree this will escalate into WWIII. UN does little nowadays....maybe nothing. I blame the fact that even though the UN is composed of every country of the world , no one actually is playing it for the team.

Perhaps we'll see a new world after this.

I only know one thing. Either way this thing goes. It's going to get bad. Or just going to resume like Kim just teasing us.

" Oh I drop bomb on you! Oh no I don't. Hehe. OH LOOK I DROP BOMB NOW. Oh I joke joke. OHHH BOMBING TIEM. "

Yeah. Hardy har har.

There was no new world after World War I or World War II there was mass devastation. If that was your idea of a new world then you sir would be correct.

#40 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
      • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 25 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
      The idea of the UN is a joke. But I still don't think the North Koreans have the collective guts or balls to go against the Chinese or the Russians.

They don't.

Kim Jong Il knows that Russia and China wouldn't think twice about crushing him if he screwed them, but I doubt he's pursuing the bomb to go against them. He's more interested in the West and South Korea and Japan.

The United Nations is not a joke, it is potential.

Let me know when they reach it.

They were consistently paralyzed during the Cold War. Since that ended they've done things like place Libya and Saddam's Iraq as head of the Human Rights Council and were total helpless during the Rwandan massacre that resulted in 800,000 deaths within a couple months. They have, however, been pretty reliable in criticizing Israel, with nearly half their resolutions being against that nation and the old zionism is racisms policy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users