Swine Flu

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:03 AM

Just a heads up:

Video

Article

#2 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

Supposedly the two Texans that got it are from Schertz, which is like five miles from where I live.

#3 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

-sigh- A pandemic would not be a pretty sight. Hopefully it doesn't spread that much, most of the developed countries would be able to combat it fairly easy, but the others not so much. I mean almost 60 people killed so far by this in Mexico? Jeez....

#4 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:30 AM

Wow that sucks... we got Wars, glabal warming, and economy problems and now we have to deal with a possible pandemic of a Hybrid Swine Flu? We sure are unlucky this millenia...

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#5 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:08 AM

Wow never hear of it lol. Plus I live in Humble, Texas dang I hope I don't get it seriously.

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

Great... another disease we have to worry about...whoopie... sleep.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

It's spread to New York:

http://cosmos.bcst.y...php?cl=13160033

And the World Health Organization has declared it an international concern:

http://news.yahoo.co...exico_swine_flu

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:40 PM

Well... kitten.

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:43 AM

New cases now confirmed in Kansas and California D:

#10 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

I'm building an underground bunker, any survivors are welcome to find me. D:

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:49 AM

I'm just hoping that they can somehow contain it soon, so that it doesn't get all the way down here in South Florida. My body doesn't take much to get sick from stuff nowadays, so I have absolutely no interest in having to fight something like this off >.>!

#12 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:50 AM

Huh. We usually get one of these virus scares every couple years. I guess we were about due.

At least I'll know to get to the doctors if anything fishy starts up in the family, seeing as it's in New York now.
bd5.jpg

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:01 AM

Oh great...

This is why people need to bring some sanitizers/wipes/Lysol with them at all times when traveling because this is getting ridiculous. I just got a call from my grandma saying that some NY people are getting the virus and sooner or later someone from that area will bring it towards NJ. >_>

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

2 swine flus in Kan., US total 11; 8 likely in NYC

http://news.yahoo.co...wine_flu_states

#15 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

Apparently it's not the old and sick but the young and healthy that are most susceptible to this flu. It only attacks people with healthy immune systems.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#16 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 24 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow that sucks... we got Wars, glabal warming, and economy problems and now we have to deal with a possible pandemic of a Hybrid Swine Flu? We sure are unlucky this millenia...

lol you think this new millennium is bad, open up a history book and check everything out pre-2000. The Black Plague, Spanish Influenza, two world wars, a great depression, the Spanish Inqusition, etc.

I think we are doin ok.

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Apr 26 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol you think this new millennium is bad, open up a history book and check everything out pre-2000. The Black Plague, Spanish Influenza, two world wars, a great depression, the Spanish Inqusition, etc.

I think we are doin ok.

On the brink of nuclear war from multiple countries, more intense and violent natural disasters, global warming, a collapsing world economy, global terrorism, two wars, struggling domestic economy...doesn't look like we're doing all that okay to me.

#18 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Apr 26 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we are doin ok.

Well... you're comparing 9 years to 1000 years...

Of course it seems we're doing okay... I'd be afraid if we weren't doing okay!
Pretty bored.

#19 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:43 AM

Argh. And my whole family (including myself) just got over being violently sick... great. At least I live sorta far away from those 11 outbreaks.

I know this is really serious and all, but I really don't think it's necessary to put up a red flag UNTIL enough people get sick to actually raise alarm. I'm not saying we shouldn't be worried or take precaution (considering this is a totally new disease D: and it's deadly), but in all fairness people started freaking out over the second bird flu coming, and about a hundred people got sick before it was over, and it seemed like everyone was absolutely convinced that was going to be a pandemic, worse than the first time when it wasn't anywhere close.

Again, just my opinion. If more people get ill and this thing spreads like wildfire across the states, then I'll start freaking.

#20 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:01 AM

I'll treat this the same way I did West Nile, just kick back, don't panic, live my life and wait until it blows over (though I live only 300+ miles from New York City). Cuz panicking and acting like the world is gonna end is not the answer.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users