It's so colllddd D:

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

Freezing *shivers* ;_;

#2 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

I have to say this but... in LA it is about 75-80 degrees. The whole last week was really warm.

But the problem is that I want it to be cold for snowboarding DX
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Jan 17 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say this but... in LA it is about 75-80 degrees. The whole last week was really warm.

*Makes grabby hands at your what-Florida-is-usually-at temperature* ;_;

#4 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Its like -30 degrees Celsius here. D:

#5 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Yeah...it's just plain ridiculous. Last Wendesday on one expressway close to where I live, there were 31 car accidents in a span of four hours.
Normally, I kinda like snow, but every day just keeps getting colder and snows more, and it's showing no signs of stopping. =_=

Stay warm, everyone.

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jan 17 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its like -30 degrees Celsius here. D:

Yeah, I heard that in some northern states the temp dropped to -47 degrees shattering the old record @.@

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jan 17 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...it's just plain ridiculous. Last Wendesday on one expressway close to where I live, there were 31 car accidents in a span of four hours.
Normally, I kinda like snow, but every day just keeps getting colder and snows more, and it's showing no signs of stopping. =_=

Stay warm, everyone.

*huggles* Here's to hoping that it warms up soon a_hug.gif

#7 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, it's about 10 degrees here in Washington. Thats the average temperature for the past 3-4 days. lol

#8 ABrokenRomeo

ABrokenRomeo

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

It hit -30 in New York where I live last night, and I had to walk to the store in it! ;.; My fingers ached so bad by the time I got home that I actually had to run them under hot water for like ten minutes.
~Forever Living the Dream~

#9 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

Dude... Are you kidding? This is the best soccer weather Florida's had in years! =D I played a game yesterday and it was awesome! I ran more than I ever have been able to in hot weather. :3

Sucks for you guys who have blizzards and stuff. XD (Stay safe! D=)

I remember on the farm, the pipes froze and we had to melt snow on a gas camping stove for water! Your situation is not as bad. I guarentee it! (Even more than that Men's Warehouse guy! XDDDDDDDD)

But yeah all silliness aside, it has been a lower temperature this year than others. =/
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Jan 17 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude... Are you kidding? This is the best soccer weather Florida's had in years! =D I played a game yesterday and it was awesome! I ran more than I ever have been able to in hot weather. :3

But yeah all silliness aside, it has been a lower temperature this year than others. =/

Not that you mind it. You're a transplanted Floridian who loves her cold weather tongue.gif

*hugglez my missed warm weather* :3 <3~

#11 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

Lol I know here in nice and cold Elmira NY it's too cold to snow, well I was so cold that my car didn't like it.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#12 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Jan 17 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with Pite on this. It's been so warm lately that a light sweater isn't even needed until night comes around. What happened to all our rain? rawr.gif We need it! (Even if I'm not a big fan of rain) Cali's waaaaay too dry.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#13 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Jan 17 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was going to say the same thing biggrin.gif The weather Cali has had all week could defrost the rest of the country

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#14 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Bah. Me reading the article won't make sense, coz I use Celsius. Last year, my French teacher traveled south (from Canada through USA) on her motorcycle. When she arrived at Florida, the weather was 15 degrees, and people were crying, because it was so "cold" (keep in mind we're from CANADA. The land of freezing weather biggrin.gif). To me, -30 is ok. I can survive pretty easily (course, in Mississauga, its only hit -30 with the windchill so...)
. Don't Press the red button

#15 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

sad.gif I feel so bad for everyone who is shivering from the cold weather. While everyone is fighting off the cold, I'm trying to keep cool. Its about 80 degrees here in LA. I'm sorry but I can't live without my sunshine. A temperature under 55 Degrees is too cold for me. I'm spoiled when it comes to weather.
Naruto Live action is here

#16 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Auni @ Jan 17 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bah. Me reading the article won't make sense, coz I use Celsius. Last year, my French teacher traveled south (from Canada through USA) on her motorcycle. When she arrived at Florida, the weather was 15 degrees, and people were crying, because it was so "cold" (keep in mind we're from CANADA. The land of freezing weather biggrin.gif). To me, -30 is ok. I can survive pretty easily (course, in Mississauga, its only hit -30 with the windchill so...)

You can use this site to convert the weather to Celsius. But generally a few days ago weather around the east coast was around -40 F which is also -40 C. And now the temperatures have slowly been climbing up to around to the mid-teens in NY which is around -9 C. Some other northern states have been warming up enough with temperatures around the 20's and 30's F which is about (-1 to -7 C) and (-1 to 4 C), enough for some of the frozen pipes to start thawing.

But yes, generally really cold for us because this is one of the coldest winters we've had in a while! But I can't say much for Cali since the weather has been pretty warm for me---around 27 C.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#17 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

hehe sorry guys, but the deserts of California are rather warm smile.gif

#18 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

I got a free day out of school because it was like 7ºF here...

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Auni @ Jan 17 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, you from Sauga too?

I'm in London right now for school, and its snowing like crazy out there. D:

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

Man... it was like ARCTIC COLD Blast for 3 days straight. I had to wake up early for classes and I was almost frostbitten by single number temperatures, not to mention the wind chill!

Shauna! Take me with you to Florida! (As a matter of fact, my sister is at Miami... she was planning on taking me too.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users