127 replies to this topic

#21 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

Michael Brown was a thug, so he's not an innocent teenager however it obvious it should point the fact that the police is unprepared, having to shot more than 6 times to subdue someome is completely retarded.

It gives the vibe of James Bond 007 "i felt for my life" so instantly he award a license to kill anyone.

My critic is the whole coverage of this incident every time a white police officer kills a black man, no one cares when black people kill other black, or when a white police officer killed an innocent old man.

All they care is to make the kitten about racism, and look at ferguson, the people there looting local stores everytime this thing happens.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#22 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

Holy kitten.

OHHH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY!!! GOD.

tumblr_nfkwcf3fWX1rdgu6ko1_1280.jpg

Edited by theunburnt, 25 November 2014 - 08:49 PM.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#23 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

For the ones who are trying to remain "neutral", there is 4000 pages of testimony of everything that the Gran Jury saw. 

Here: http://documents.lat...son-grand-jury/

And here: http://www.dailykos....ren-Wilson-case

Edited by theunburnt, 25 November 2014 - 09:36 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#24 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

The 'thugification' of black young men is probably the new slur of the age--the new n word. Even our most gruesome murderers are not supposed to be shot on site. A police officer killed a man. The focus should be on him, but what I have noticed is that whenever we're talking about whether or not he did it, we're trying to discredit the victim. The racism and social political climate is evident that we can't talk about this case where a cop shot a young man. The issues of power and race are linked together because of a history. This doesn't come out of nowhere. 

The burden of proof does lie on the accusarer, not the defence, so I understand they need to establish whether or not the guilt is there. However, when there is a murder case regardless of the occupation of the accused, I would assume that the evidence would not be based on the perceived character of the victim, but by the events that transpired. The fact that this was six shots, that it was reported that the victim had his hands up--that's everything for the court to decide. What is not for us to decide was whether he 'deserved' it or not, because he didn't. We don't give power to our cops to arbitrarily decide who deserves to die or not. That should not be ever, at all in our dialogue of this discussion. It is whether or not the officer in question is guilty.

The people of Ferguson are angry at what they perceive to be a miscarriage of justice. The community is angry, and the more I see discussions like this that vilify Micheal Brown, the more I believe that they have every right to be--because as a white woman I don't know what it is like to live in a climate where you feel at odds with the police; the people that I feel are here to protect me. When I see a police officer, I feel safe. I can also believe that these grievances are legitimate, because I've seen something of this vein before.

Women face issues like this when it comes to rape. The sexual history, from what she was wearing, doing at the time, and all centred around how she may have given any indication that she was on board with what happened to her. If this can happen to women; if there can be a climate where I feel unsafe walking at night or being told by my parents when and where to go--the dangers of leaving a drink unattended, I can certainly imagine that maybe the people of Ferguson, that black men and women have similar dialogues in regards to their relationship with the police. Because of this, I believe that it is imperative that we are critical and open to understanding what is going on in this community. That's on the side of protests and social justice dialogue.

#25 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

The rioters are all shortsighted idiots. They probably have no interest in the case whatsoever and are simply looking for an opportunity to cause mayhem and loot. I wish the media would stop calling them protesters because at least the protesters want things to be better instead of destroying their own community.

I was watching the streams yesterday and people were shooting at the firefighters who were just trying to save someone's business. How on earth could you even justify something like that? The 2nd day of the LA riots was worse so the #1 thing I'm hoping for is for tonight to not be as bad.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#26 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:44 PM

The rioters are all shortsighted idiots. They probably have no interest in the case whatsoever and are simply looking for an opportunity to cause mayhem and loot. I wish the media would stop calling them protesters because at least the protesters want things to be better instead of destroying their own community.

I was watching the streams yesterday and people were shooting at the firefighters who were just trying to save someone's business. How on earth could you even justify something like that? The 2nd day of the LA riots was worse so the #1 thing I'm hoping for is for tonight to not be as bad.

https://vine.co/v/OAt2EpWulla

tumblr_nfky7klGwn1qdk5wno1_1280.png

tumblr_nfky7klGwn1qdk5wno2_400.pngtumblr_nfky7klGwn1qdk5wno3_400.png

tumblr_nfky7klGwn1qdk5wno4_400.pngtumblr_nfky7klGwn1qdk5wno5_400.png

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#27 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

Looks like a helpful list of articles on Ferguson: http://bonniekristia...on-reading-list

I plan to go through them all within the next couple of days.

For the record, I'm not neutral. I'm undecided. For now.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#28 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

tumblr_nfkukxmAsA1smbbhdo1_500.jpg

Edited by theunburnt, 25 November 2014 - 09:50 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#29 Mikey1181

Mikey1181

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Naruto!!! Bleach, League of Legends, Xbox, Ps3, Photography,Foooooood, and Football :)

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:50 PM

Can someone summarize what's happened? I recently found out about all of this.

I was told i looked like a beaver..

iplhnjk.jpg?2

#30 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:53 PM

Can someone summarize what's happened? I recently found out about all of this.

You can read of the links I've posted, the images, the videos and in the first page.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#31 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

The prosecuting attorney actually supported Darren Wilson:

http://aattp.org/fai...-darren-wilson/

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#32 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

I will probably get a lot of flak for saying this, but why does a black person dying only matter when it’s a white person killing them? What about the MUCH higher rate of Black on Black crime? Why doesn’t the media cover that? Or what about when a black cop shoots a white person? Don’t tell me it doesn’t happen because it does, and it has.

We only care when its white on black crime, because that’s what we’ve been conditioned to believe is the pinnacle of evil in this country.

The fact that rioters have already stated they do not care about the evidence and only want an guilty verdict even if all evidence says otherwise only sours my opinion on this. The fact that the rioters are punishing people who did nothing to them by taking their property or DESTROYING it, just shows they do not care about justice. 

The forensics PROVED that Wilson and Brown struggled in the car when Brown went for his gun and that it went off and grazed the kids hand. The autopsy showed that he was not gunned down with his arms up in surrender but charging forward. Witnesses corroborated this account, yet we are supposed to put the man to trial despite it? I'm sorry but no.

Being unarmed does not make you nonthreatening

3 black people and 9 whites decided to let Wilson walk, isn't that what justice is in this nation? to be decided by a jury of our peers and not by popular opinion? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#33 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:08 PM

It seems that you don't understand anything. And even so you are doing selective reading.

Are you trying to tell us that...we are making a big deal about racism... in america? Is that? Okay. Goodbye.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#34 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

I'm doing selective reading despite having lived in the country 24 years of my life and listening, reading and watching the news since this entire thing broke out? I'm being selective even after taking class after class in college about African american history, Sociology and all that? 

Maybe the prosecutor SAW the evidence and realized that the indictment was a terrible, crazy idea. 

So when someone has an opinion DIFFERENT to your own, they are incapable of reading? Alrighty.

Okay then, sure Goodbye. 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 25 November 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#35 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

CCN US:

tumblr_nflvuiEbAi1s1r0cio1_400.jpg

CNN International:

tumblr_nflvuiEbAi1s1r0cio2_400.jpg

http://graphics8.nyt...y-testimony.pdf

A witness: http://flawlessxquee...lking-with-mike

Violence? What about the police's violence? https://vine.co/v/O1XVd955Mau

Trying to dismiss the victim is just disgusting. 

So, you studied something! That's what makes you incapable to do selective reading? No. This is police abuse and racism, nothing more. There is not sides. Is just about being a human being.

Edited by theunburnt, 25 November 2014 - 10:31 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#36 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

And not listening to forensics, witnesses and the JURY while trying to lYNCH A man contrary to evidence is just as disgusting :zaru: So welcome to the level of disgusting where all human beings seem to dwell. I'm not sure why you think dropping posts about violence erupting after a man was let go by the grand jury is supposed to persuade people. What it really shows is that they don't care about justice, but vengeance. And not even that since they are destroying the property of people un-involved with Wilson.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 25 November 2014 - 10:35 PM.

#37 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

I will probably get a lot of flak for saying this, but why does a black person dying only matter when it’s a white person killing them? What about the MUCH higher rate of Black on Black crime? Why doesn’t the media cover that? Or what about when a black cop shoots a white person? Don’t tell me it doesn’t happen because it does, and it has.

We only care when its white on black crime, because that’s what we’ve been conditioned to believe is the pinnacle of evil in this country.

The fact that rioters have already stated they do not care about the evidence and only want an guilty verdict even if all evidence says otherwise only sours my opinion on this. The fact that the rioters are punishing people who did nothing to them by taking their property or DESTROYING it, just shows they do not care about justice. 

The forensics PROVED that Wilson and Brown struggled in the car when Brown went for his gun and that it went off and grazed the kids hand. The autopsy showed that he was not gunned down with his arms up in surrender but charging forward. Witnesses corroborated this account, yet we are supposed to put the man to trial despite it? I'm sorry but no.

Being unarmed does not make you nonthreatening

3 black people and 9 whites decided to let Wilson walk, isn't that what justice is in this nation? to be decided by a jury of our peers and not by popular opinion? 

You know, for all this talk of white-on-black crime, how come we never hear about the much higher rate of white-on-white crime? Because that is totally relevant to the Ferguson case. I'm not deflecting. Racism isn't the pinnacle of evil in this country. There is no proven evidence against Darren. After all, LOOK HOW INJURED HE WAS

tumblr_nflue43_LY01tjjsv6o1_500.jpg

No no, look closer.

237E577800000578-0-image-16_141693478798

LOOK at that CUT on his CHIN! ...Ok, he might have actually gotten that cut from shaving, but still, poor guy! smh, why does no one ever think of the cops' side of the story!

/sarcasm

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#38 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

You know, for all this talk of white-on-black crime, how come we never hear about the much higher rate of white-on-white crime? Because that is totally relevant to the Ferguson case. I'm not deflecting. Racism isn't the pinnacle of evil in this country. There is no proven evidence against Darren. After all, LOOK HOW INJURED HE WAS

tumblr_nflue43_LY01tjjsv6o1_500.jpg

No no, look closer.

237E577800000578-0-image-16_141693478798

LOOK at that CUT on his CHIN! ...Ok, he might have actually gotten that cut from shaving, but still, poor guy! smh, why does no one ever think of the cops' side of the story!

/sarcasm

And yet the Forensics SUPPORTED his story, and yet 3 black men and nine white ones let him walk away, so we're supposed to do what exactly?

Drag him out in the street and give him a taste of justice? 

But wait, THAT WOULDN'T BE JUSTICE. 

Neither is justice ruining the property of others, harassing reporters, or chasing white boys down the street in a gang when they came down to SUPPORT the rioters only to be beaten and sent to the hospital.

But yes, by all means you are totally right, I should weep for these people not getting what they want, I'll go do that right now while I cry for Kim jong un's injured leg, after all he is a moral authority here now :zaru: 

#39 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

I am listening to witness, evidence and everything else. How can you be on the side of the one who actually started everything. I don't support "destroying propery", but are you TRYING to tell me that...because of THAT, they don't deserve asking for justice? Can you even take a moment to feel their sadness and frustration? Years, years and years of

BEING KILLED http://www.independe...er-9878700.html

ARRESTED IN THEIR OWN HOUSES:

http://crownprince81...deo-proof-of-my

OR THIS: http://unburntmhysa....ysta-kicky-feet

BEING SEEN AS A THREAT: http://thinkprogress...y-cops-in-utah/

YEARS AND YEARS of suffering of brutality. And you are trying to tell me that "violence" by their side...covers EVERYTHING? I just fail to understand how someone can't be angry at this. Do you want peace? GIVE THEM PEACE FIRST. GIVE THEM THE FEELING THAT THEY ARE SAFE IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY. Black kids have "the talk" with their parents about how they are seen in the society.

You are saying me that their "violence" here is not justified. Okay. I will say that cops BIGGER violence agaisnt them day to day to day to day has FIRST not reason to be there. If you say that THAT is not justified, with what face can you tell me that cop's aren't neither?

https://vine.co/v/O1He3xnavlr

And once again, generalizing the actual victims.

Edited by theunburnt, 25 November 2014 - 10:57 PM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#40 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

And yet the Forensics SUPPORTED his story, and yet 3 black men and nine white ones let him walk away, so we're supposed to do what exactly?

Drag him out in the street and give him a taste of justice? 

But wait, THAT WOULDN'T BE JUSTICE. 

Neither is justice ruining the property of others, harassing reporters, or chasing white boys down the street in a gang when they came down to SUPPORT the rioters only to be beaten and sent to the hospital.

But yes, by all means you are totally right, I should weep for these people not getting what they want, I'll go do that right now while I cry for Kim jong un's injured leg, after all he is a moral authority here now :zaru:

First off, I don't give two kittens about what Kim Jong Un has to say about Ferguson. He is not any better.

Now that that's out of the way....

The protesters as a whole reject the looters and protect businesses. There are pictures flying everywhere that prove just that. And I read somewhere that there are pro-Darren Wilson people pretending to be protesters to make the pro-Ferguson people look bad. Can't find the source on that, so I can't say it as fact, but I wouldn't be surprised lmfao

You really think 3 black people and 9 white people is a fair jury? In a case fueled by anti-black racism? In a town that is by far mostly comprised of black people? Really?

What these people want is to not be killed because of the color of their skin???? Like wtf are you serious right now???? That and for indictment of Darren Wilson. Who said anything about beating him in the streets? A fair trial and jailtime is fine, thank you.

Edited by KonaKonaFan, 25 November 2014 - 11:00 PM.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users