• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:19 AM

#42 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ May 2 2011, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think a power struggle is more likely. Things will go into straight chaos and someone is going to want the power that it offers. This is a serious blow to take out a symbol of Al-Queda

While I believe it might not going to happen, but that can be another reason. I said there are likely going to be a new leader because it reminded me of a movie, (which title I forget and I believe it starred Jaime Foxx as one of the US soldiers in Iraq, where the enemies teached their kids to become successors of their terrorist group, similar to Al-Queda).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#43 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

Peter Bergen the senior terror analyst on CNN, who has interviewed Bin Laden before just said this is comparable to if we killed Hitler in 1944. Wow.

US helicopters crossed into Pakistan, we said if we found him all bets are off. We found him, we got him.

One helicopter crashed, no one killed in crash, US then destroys it so there's no evidence. No US lives lost.

Edited by Insurrection, 02 May 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#44 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

A little something to add, is it just me or has this been a great year for the Muslim world???

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#45 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

A woman was killed being used because one of Osama's men was using her as a shield. So poetically rotten, the terrorist using the woman and children as a shield to keep himself from being killed.

Cowards.

They were and died like cowards, not martyrs.

Edited by Insurrection, 02 May 2011 - 04:30 AM.

#46 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:31 AM

Just curious...where are you getting this, Insurrection?
Is it from CNN? I just turned off my TV about a half hour ago.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 02 May 2011 - 04:31 AM.

#47 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 1 2011, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious...where are you getting this, Insurrection?

News. It's being reported from the pentagon, just heard it on CNN.

So I guess the same source. Ed Henry reported it before the went to the crowd singing, "Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!"

Just type 'woman killed being used as human shield' in google realtime, you'll find it.

Edited by Insurrection, 02 May 2011 - 04:36 AM.

#48 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ May 2 2011, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A woman was killed being used because one of Osama's men was using her as a shield. So poetically rotten, the terrorist using the woman and children as a shield to keep himself from being killed.

Ok, now that's horrible.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#49 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

Bin-Laden's dead. Whoop-de-freakn' do.

Make no mistake, I'm glad he's gone, but considering how badly the war on terror has been handled (assuming it could have even been handled right in the first place), it doesn't really mean much in the long run. Afghanistan is still f**cked up, and Al Queda will just find another person to lead them; I'd imagine if they choose a reasonably healthy guy, that could be a big problem for us. Plus, it doesn't erase the damage we've done to ourselves in fighting the War on Terror, and unless someone pushes really hard for reform, it's not likely that things will be back to what they should be anytime soon.

Ignoring 9/11, it's amazing how much damage one man could do to us just through fear alone. The saddest part of it all is that we gave Al Queda the weapons and training, and they used it against us. Once fear spread out through America, many were essentially told to keep silent about the government's actions and accept whatever rules they passed, and to believe everything done was for our protection. It paved the way for the richest 1% to have a ridiculous tax cut, a surplus to just vanish, the deaths of several American soldiers, damaging our reputation abroad, unnecessary battles, infringment on freedom of speech, and a whole bunch of other things I probably can't remember off the top of my head. And the saddest part of all is that this could have all been avoided had we paid more attention to the people we chose to arm, or perhaps even better, not arm people at all.

#50 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 2 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bin-Laden's dead. Whoop-de-freakn' do.

Make no mistake, I'm glad he's gone, but considering how badly the war on terror has been handled (assuming it could have even been handled right in the first place), it doesn't really mean much in the long run. Afghanistan is still f**cked up, and Al Queda will just find another person to lead them; I'd imagine if they choose a reasonably healthy guy, that could be a big problem for us. Plus, it doesn't erase the damage we've done to ourselves in fighting the War on Terror, and unless someone pushes really hard for reform, it's not likely that things will be back to what they should be anytime soon.

Ignoring 9/11, it's amazing how much damage one man could do to us just through fear alone. The saddest part of it all is that we gave Al Queda the weapons and training, and they used it against us. Once fear spread out through America, many were essentially told to keep silent about the government's actions and accept whatever rules they passed, and to believe everything done was for our protection. It paved the way for the richest 1% to have a ridiculous tax cut, a surplus to just vanish, the deaths of several American soldiers, damaging our reputation abroad, unnecessary battles, infringment on freedom of speech, and a whole bunch of other things I probably can't remember off the top of my head. And the saddest part of all is that this could have all been avoided had we paid more attention to the people we chose to arm, or perhaps even better, not arm people at all.

Yup, yup. You nailed it, Kodachi. sleep.gif

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#51 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

Just because Bin Laden is gone doesn't mean his idealism is gone. He will be viewed as a hero to the Muslim world, and in 200 years Hollywood will make a movie about him portraying him as a Ghandi like figure. You all see, they did the same exact thing to Hannibal Barca. While Romans considered Hannibal a monster, the Carthaginians considered him a hero. In the end, Hannibal lost the war, but he won the future...of Hollywood films.

Edited by Strangelove, 02 May 2011 - 04:46 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#52 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ May 1 2011, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because Bin Laden is gone doesn't mean his idealism is gone. He will be viewed as a hero to the Muslim world, and in 200 years Hollywood will make a movie about him portraying him as a Ghandi like figure. You all see, they did the same exact thing to Hannibal Barca. While Romans considered Hannibal a monster, the Carthaginians considered him a hero. In the end, Hannibal lost the war, but he won the future...of Hollywood films.

Sorry, but I have to call bullsh** on that. Only the most fanatic of muslims could portray him as a hero, and badly at that. How would a western, mostly christian country go about that? At BEST, they'll make a movie that shows the political and gray complexities of the politics involved, but I sincerely doubt anyone can make him be seen in a more positive light without making kitten up entirely.

#53 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 2 2011, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, but I have to call bullsh** on that. Only the most fanatic of muslims could portray him as a hero, and badly at that. How would a western, mostly christian country go about that? At BEST, they'll make a movie that shows the political and gray complexities of the politics involved, but I sincerely doubt anyone can make him be seen in a more positive light without making kitten up entirely.

Me too. Even we Muslims want him to die in the goriest way possible....

248793.jpg

#54 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:58 AM

You know what, we get it, the world doesn't change overnight, but this is different. Look at New York right now, Washington. This is big, this is a moment of alert, but it is also a moment of Pride!!! Bin Laden was a symbol of us not being able to move forward, of us being unable to solve our problems. He's gone, we've done it. We are not futile. Yes we have a habbit of not paying attention to the consequences of our own actions in the past. Politicians screwed up everything, our country does not look on the right track. But we got him! 10 years. WE GOT HIM!!! Remember how much our world changed, everything that we missed, but remember how much Osama symbolized that.

But now we can say something, we can still accomplish our mission. This is good day, a great day for the United States. This is not a time to repent. This is not a time to be pesimistic.

I know that we still have problems the hangover will come, but this is a very big morale boost.

But now we have a new problem on the horizon, Osama Bin Laden was in a mansion outside the Pakistani Capital. And their Military Academy.

Edited by Insurrection, 02 May 2011 - 05:05 AM.

#55 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ May 2 2011, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He will be viewed as a hero to the Muslim world

To the fanatics, yes, but they already viewed him that way; his approval rating with muslims who aren't extremists isn't exactly rosey.
bd5.jpg

#56 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:14 AM

Interesting Irony: Osama Bin Laden was confirmed dead on the same day that Hitler was.

May 1, 1945- Hitler Confirmed Dead
May 1, 2011- Bin Laden Confirmed Dead

Edited by Insurrection, 02 May 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#57 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ May 2 2011, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting Irony: Osama Bin Laden was killed on the same day that Hitler was.

May 1, 1945- Hitler Dead
May 1, 2011- Bin Laden Dead

Wow, I guess that whole comparison with Hitler being killed as significant as this really fits. huh.gif

248793.jpg

#58 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ May 2 2011, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting Irony: Osama Bin Laden was confirmed dead on the same day that Hitler was.

May 1, 1945- Hitler Confirmed Dead
May 1, 2011- Bin Laden Confirmed Dead

May = 5 month + 1st day. 1945 - 2011 = 66 years 5 + 1 = 6 and 66 years... 666 Totally a sign ! On the other hand...Did anyone die 66 years before Hitler on May 1st ? Because now that would be cool.
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#59 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:23 AM

I've never understood the importance put on coincidences when it comes to dates.
bd5.jpg

#60 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 2 2011, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never understood the importance put on coincidences when it comes to dates.

There isn't any. I'm just bored.
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users