94 replies to this topic

#21 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

I am not sexist in any way, but I find there's a middle ground. Women have thing they can do better and men have certain things they do just as well. Like me, I can't cook to survive, but I can tell you the difference between car engines. Meanwhile, I have friends that are the opposite, some girls I know can't cook, but can write a computer program and look good doing it.

#22 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Lolol, the uproar this would be if it was men are better.

I dunno about you ladies, but that isn't reassuring. Wouldn't you want your husband to be better at something than you are, so that he can handle it? Take some stress off of your shoulders? Ooh, that seems nice. They're better at massages... Better at baking...

I'm pretty sure regardless of what any book says, you'll always find individuals who are better than you at this and that, regardless.

Men and women ought to be nicer to each other <3 Both striving to live as comfortably and as happily as they can, together. Aaaah, it would be so nice. A stress-free household of mutual respect <3 I can dreeeeam.

#23 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Mar 5 2011, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I stopped attempting to halt these threads long ago. Best to let them go their course of heated arguments, then inevitable moderator closing.

You're basically saying that we here on this forum are incapable of having grown up discussions. If that was the case then the All Things Politics thread would have been closed down long ago. It is possible to have a debate without it degenerating into a childish fight. Unless someone purposely goes about pushing buttons, which then just shows that that person alone is incapable of having an adult conversation, not the entire forum.

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Mar 5 2011, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Men and women ought to be nicer to each other <3 Both striving to live as comfortably and as happily as they can, together. Aaaah, it would be so nice. A stress-free household of mutual respect <3 I can dreeeeam.

Quoted for truth~

#24 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 5 2011, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're basically saying that we here on this forum are incapable of having grown up discussions.

Now that's just unfair.

I mean everyone in the world these days. Debating and conversations either devolves into a poo-throwing contest, a match of 'wittiest' come-backs or flashiest smiles, or just plain-old screaming, yelling and corny one-liners. Even then, the conversations are absurdly mundane and shouldn't be brought up. Instead, they should be researched individually or simply posted-in-passing in the Chat Section, rather than post it with such blatant attempts at being aggressively subverting to other ideals by claiming that 'men are better at everywhere'. It would be like myself posting 'Germans are better than everyone at everything', and posting various Nazi/nationalist paraphernalia. The only difference is that almost everyone is here American, and I would be yelled at for referring to the Nazi's, and thus the devolution would begin.

Granted, Germans and Feminists are on a different topic level entirely, they still have similar stall-hearted defenders for both their sides. Germans would defended their side as much as a woman would defend feminism, bringing out every argument or ad hominum attack they have for their opposing sides. I would consider it mean-spirited to harm me for my opinions for the Germans, but it would be done in a heart-beat because the general consensus is that what the Germans did is entirely evil and there is no way to make-up for them or to point out anything positive in any other field they were in. If this was a male-dominated forum, a feminist topic would be shut down if it got heated just as equally fast, with no room for the woman to make her argument.

Now we have to think to ourselves, is there really maturity to be brought about here? Or, will I be reprimanded for simply giving an analogy? Find out next time, on Batman!

#25 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:13 AM

You're the only one right now who is getting 'heated'. If you have such an adverse reaction to a specific topic discussion then simply don't post. You always have a choice.

#26 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 5 2011, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're the only one right now who is getting 'heated'. If you have such an adverse reaction to a specific topic discussion then simply don't post. You always have a choice.

Summarization: "I know you are, but what am I!"

#27 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 5 2011, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're the one who posted a topic called "Book finds that women are better then men...at practically everything XD"

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms)
Only because there is a similar thread like this floating about, I decided to post this story in a thread of it's own

Women rule!

Now I disagreed with the other thread and had an adverse reaction to it so I didn't discuss in it, mostly because the day before I read a response article from an author of a similar book topic, but I have a problem with the thread in question.

My reaction is because it sounds like all this thread is a reaction to another thread.

Now I don't really know what the true motives are because we're not in person, nor do we know each other, but from the way it sounds to me this thread really has no purpose but to be as a counterthread. If that's the case I suggest we have a Battle of the Sexes Thread because I really don't see these two threads as helpful.

Outside of this I'm kind of out there with Cloud and Broken Figurine with my actual opinion of the topic.

Edited by Insurrection, 06 March 2011 - 03:59 AM.

#28 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 5 2011, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to thank you for bringing Abrams book to my attention. I'll put it on my to read list. I watched him evolve on his TV show as he gradually became more enlightened about these matters. I'm glad he wrote it, I hope people will read it. As I posted earlier in the thread, what he's saying is backed up by many years of solid scientific research. It's good to see something is being published to bring it all together in an easily digestible format. And the title is too funny- an overt playful retort to the "man-up" meme going around in political circles.

And I'm not interested in the squabbling commentary on this thread- enlightenment is fun. Read Abrams book and find out how fun. Kishimoto knows too. smile.gif.

Broken figurine- Studies prove the happiest (and the most sexually satisfying for both partners- heh) marriages are ones between a feminist woman and a pro feminist man who sees his wife as equal human being. John and Yoko aren't the only ones that can have a relationship like that. smile.gif All the guys I've dated were like that, and I can personally attest it makes for a very good relationship. I still like all my ex boyfriends, and would date them again if asked by them.

Edited by ciardha, 06 March 2011 - 12:59 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#29 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Mar 5 2011, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Outside of this I'm kind of out there with Cloud and Broken Figurine with my actual opinion of the topic.

Agreed.

Sexism is certainly archaic, but you know it can go both ways.

Edited by TheOmegaMan, 06 March 2011 - 12:44 AM.

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#30 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

So men suck at everything xDDD BUT we'll love the kitten out of you.

Seriously though, I hope cooking is included with the younger ladies of today. Because Ive dated very pretty, interesting girls who couldn't cook as well as I. Now its no ones job to cook, but it'd be nice eating home cooked food, instead of it being up to me as the guy, to buy out everytime. I know how to cook, and i freaks me out to see none of my female amigas knowing how to.

BRB Gotta go successfully diet and read the hell out of this map
\

#31 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

I'm curious about one thing: Are some of things that women are supposedly better than men at the result of thousands, if not millions of years of being subserviant to men? I can imagine that the stigma of being a woman back then probably drove many women to push themselves even harder then men, catch up with them to prove a point, etc. It wouldn't surprise me the time that women were treated as second-class citizens would eventually lead up to this; it's amazing what oppression can do to some people.

It's still an interesting find, but of course just like any group you will find individuals who are good at some things and horrendous at others. For example, I'm a guy, and the author says that men tend to be better at parking cars. That's something I'm terrible at. tongue.gif

#32 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

Sexism: the belief or attitude that one sex is inherently superior to, more competent than, or more valuable than the other.

Oh crap, it goes both ways kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#33 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Mar 5 2011, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sexism: the belief or attitude that one sex is inherently superior to, more competent than, or more valuable than the other.

Oh crap, it goes both ways kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Oh rly?

I think it's more or so awesome when I rarely come across a good female player online... because most girls I meet aren't good.
Then again, most guys suck at games too. Lousy team mates.

#34 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Mar 5 2011, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So men suck at everything xDDD BUT we'll love the kitten out of you.

Seriously though, I hope cooking is included with the younger ladies of today. Because Ive dated very pretty, interesting girls who couldn't cook as well as I. Now its no ones job to cook, but it'd be nice eating home cooked food, instead of it being up to me as the guy, to buy out everytime. I know how to cook, and i freaks me out to see none of my female amigas knowing how to.

BRB Gotta go successfully diet and read the hell out of this map

Heh, Mik I like to bake stuff from time to time- especially when I'm not too tired from work. (admittedly I'm not as much into it as my older brother, who absolutely loves to cook and bake, and is very talented at it too). I'm a pretty good driver, but yeah I'm not pleased at my parking skills, and I'm terrible at basketball. I'm decent at reading maps though. smile.gif I know I've had to explain maps to some some male as well as female patrons at the library.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#35 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

Oh god. Threads like this are fantastic. You may as well break out the goddamn popcorn because sooner or later it's going to turn into a cluster****, no matter the intentions. You just can't turn away from it. It's sort of like a train wreck in that way, only with less destruction and more lulz.

I like the sound of this.

Oh man, I hear that. The one thing about Black Ops I genuinely love is the zombie mode. But get three guys who don't know what the **** they're doing and you're just screwed. They'll open doors and barriers too early in a match and just generally act like cowboys with no strategy. Then they wonder why we don't make it past round ten.

Can't count the times I've been absolutely swamped because some dingus thought it would be a slammin' idea to open the doors during the third round.

I know how to cook

I can cook circles around you, boy! =P

*feeling a bit competitive*

Edited by dl316bh, 06 March 2011 - 01:39 AM.

bd5.jpg

#36 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

I can read maps well, but remembering street names, horrible at it. Even in my own city which I claim to know like the back of my hand.

And I will vouch for Girls being better as a group at Basketball. Because they're more willing to be part of a cohesive unit and be part of a system. On our HS Boys Varsity Squad, our guys tended to fight for the scoring roles. And if anybody doesn't watch much basketball, if you have five players trying to score all the points, they usually get beaten easily by the more fundamentally sound teams.

I think it's more or so awesome when I rarely come across a good female player online... because most girls I meet aren't good.

Same here. Though when I started playing Uncharted 2 online when it came out, me and my team ran into an all girl squad who were pretty tough and we took turns beating on each other. I added one of them and she was really good at it but she told me stopped using mics because theres alot of gamer dudes who harass her. Because they can't believe a girl is on a video game, and either want to cuss her out, or try to date her. lol, dudes are trying to pick up girls on video games.

I will come at you with the fury of a thousand iron chefs., with less than half of the talent of only one of them.

Lets not get started with Zombies. Everyone wants to be Rambo in COD. There was only one Rambo for a reason.
\

#37 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 5 2011, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man, I hear that. The one thing about Black Ops I genuinely love is the zombie mode. But get three guys who don't know what the **** they're doing and you're just screwed. They'll open doors and barriers too early in a match and just generally act like cowboys with no strategy. Then they wonder why we don't make it past round ten.
The stupidity of people have turned me off o romco-op games that require team work like L4D2. It really, really just sucks and I honestly don't think it takes skill to know what to do and what not to do in a game.
Thus, my solution is to just play those kinds of games with people I know are decent at the very least.

Oh and I sold my copy of Black Ops. xD

Same here. Though when I started playing Uncharted 2 online when it came out, me and my team ran into an all girl squad who were pretty tough and we took turns beating on each other. I added one of them and she was really good at it but she told me stopped using mics because theres alot of gamer dudes who harass her. Because they can't believe a girl is on a video game, and either want to cuss her out, or try to date her. lol, dudes are trying to pick up girls on video games.

Yea, I know about that. I actually go to Bungie's website since I play Halo Reach and every now and then you'll see a new topic made from a girl who complains about that, it's sad though because even on those forums it's not any different.

Gotta say though, I haven't heard of the dating thing. Although I admit I flirt with girls (not random ones I meet) on XBL/PSN, but it's just for fun.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 06 March 2011 - 02:06 AM.

#38 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Mar 5 2011, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and I sold my copy of Black Ops. xD

I'd do that, but it's my sisters. Really not too enamored with that game. But I love me some zombie mode; it's literally the saving grace of the game. It's just occasionally frustrating, because if you get stuck with some regular nimrods you're not going to get very far at all.

Games like this or L4D are best played with friends, because otherwise every game is a roll of the dice.

Of course, I'm never going to get any more than the three stock zombie maps because you need to buy a fifteen dollar map pack to get one new zombie map and screw that noise man.

Lets not get started with Zombies. Everyone wants to be Rambo in COD. There was only one Rambo for a reason.

We all wish we were as buff as Sylvester Stallone and a fraction as badass as the Rambo character. S'where it comes from.
bd5.jpg

#39 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Mar 6 2011, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh rly?

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 6 2011, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh god. Threads like this are fantastic. You may as well break out the goddamn popcorn because sooner or later it's going to turn into a cluster****, no matter the intentions. You just can't turn away from it. It's sort of like a train wreck in that way, only with less destruction and more lulz.

I like the sound of this.

Can't count the times I've been absolutely swamped because some dingus thought it would be a slammin' idea to open the doors during the third round.

Got a PSN? I'm game for Zombies >:D show off my womanly stuff!

#40 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Mar 5 2011, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got a PSN? I'm game for Zombies >:D show off my womanly stuff!

Yup. Wouldn't be playing it online otherwise. Screw fifty dollars to play online.

I use the same username over... well, pretty much everything, including my gaming accounts. Let me know ahead of time if you're going to add me or anything though. I usually don't add people unless I know who they are.
bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users