#1 BestSasuHinaSupporter

BestSasuHinaSupporter

Chakra Tree Climber

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:43 PM

---

Edited by tricksie, 07 December 2016 - 04:41 AM.
op deleted by topic creator

#2 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

Hey, long time no see , btw don't put too much image in there especially a gif, i don't know about the other but my pc is extremely old and it's extremely lagging whenever i open your thread/post x).

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:43 AM

This is hilarious, I never noticed it.  I don't think it means much, but Kishi copied so much kitten it's weird he managed to get a contract.

ナルサク

#4 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:05 AM

Wow!! Impressive posts! - I really see the connection parallels between Naruto and Sonic now. And you answered my question by putting in the dates when the characters were created. I really started to wonder which came first. Especially with the Sakura/Amy Rose character. They are ridiculously similar!

So are there other animes/mangas that fit into these character molds? 

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:16 AM

Sorry guys, I'm going to debunk the theory because as a Sonic fan, exclude some similarities (i.e. Sakura and Amy, though imagine if they ever meet, Amy will facepalmed Sakura's "future"), none of this makes any sense at all. One thing I can say about why I debunk it entirely because Sonic the Hedgehog is a franchise that experienced multiple mediums over the years and all of them are extremely different. Those mediums have different canons, so you cannot use a character like Cosmo because she's exclusive to the Sonic X series which is now irrelevant today. And I don't know why you use her to be similar to Hinata at of all people. :huh:

Furthermore, most of the similarities doesn't make sense. How on earth Sonic is similar to Sasuke (the only possible similarity is their color scheme) and the relationship of Sonic and Tails = Naruto and Sasuke?! WRONG, very wrong here. There is absolutely NO similarity. Sonic is beyond a character that is SO different than Sasuke, its not even funny :wallbash: . Sonic and Tails' relationship is the more brother/sibling type, way past better than Naruto and Sasuke's. Of course, Tails' character at the time was to become more independent and move out of Sonic's shadow (pun intended towards Shadow) but that had passed. Another thing is Tails is a sidekick, most of the time you'll see its either him being "the smart guy" to Sonic and friends, or hanging out with Sonic as they're best friends/brothers in all mediums. And there is absolutely NO rivalry between Sonic and Tails whatsoever, using Sonic Adventure as a source for this, bad idea. :down:

I don't know how you gotten the theory that Tails has some romantic tones with Amy which they both clearly doesn't (in all the mediums they appeared, they are basically friends). Using Sonic X as a source is even worse because Amy's personality at the time was heavily flanderized. As for the other characters you chose, Kakashi and Silver..., :headscratch: Tsunade and Vanilla? :huh: (Don't know why you went that route because Vanilla is not important as a character other than being Cream's mother), Shadow and Itachi... wuh? :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  Gaara and Knuckles?!!! HOLD IT! We're going to stop reading right here.

BestSasuHinaSupporter, please withdraw from further researching because it gives the Sonic fans a bad rap, and we already had a bad reputation over the years!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

OK you didn't actually come up with any new arguments in the last response. I honestly thought it was the original post because it was so similar.

You're just repeating what Derock argued against..

I think Tails and Amy have some similaritires to N&S, but you're overranalyzing some parts. Example, Tails and Amy also have red shoes. It isn't something exlusive to Sonic, I don't see how it's the Uchiha crest just because of that..

Edited by sushi., 06 December 2016 - 01:47 PM.

ナルサク

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

edited the title.

from: The Truth About Naruto's, Sakura's, Sasuke's, Hinata's, Kakashi's, And Itachi's Character Origins

to: Parallels: Naruto and Sonic the Hedgehog.

#8 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:52 PM

And the reason Derock launched that series of counter arguments against my topic is because he didn't read any of it, if you scroll up you can find what he said about how there AREN'T any similarities between Sakura and Amy ? Laughable this only proves he didn't read the entirety of this topic because this topic is all about pointing out the similarities between the Naruto and Sonic series So if you say things like how their aren't any similarities between the Naruto and Sonic series like what Derock said then that's a clear indication that you didn't read the topic.

And that's also why I repeated my points from this topic because apparently Derock couldn't identify them as he proven so he had to be shown them directly.

I didn't read all of it either. Your posts are so long they almost crash my browser when I click on the thread.

tbh I also think your mindset is very arrogant. You're worried about Derock's brain and tells him to go to college to fix it??? wth.. That's really insulting, you're acting like this is a deep conspiracy theory and not just similarities between two franchises. :confused:

ナルサク

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

BestSasuHinaSupporter, clearly, you are walking into dangerous territory. Consider this a warning. If you try to insult my intelligence again, things will not be good for you.

And obviously, you did not read my post because I had said "exclude some similarities, i.e., Sakura and Amy," with my two cents included. You're talking to a person who has knowledge of the Sonic franchise both ins and outs. For this "fun" theory, you clearly believed Masashi Kishimoto has being following this series and use/copy the characters' personalities and traits for his characters in the Naruto series, in which I highly doubt because 1) Sonic is not that big/popular in main homeland Japan, 2) the franchise is more popular in the Western Hemisphere. and 3) as I said before, the Sonic franchise as a whole has different mediums. All in all, the cast can be different, depending on what medium you're looking at: games, cartoons, comic books, etc. 

These parallels, as I said before, majority of them doesn't make any sense. For example, comparing Sonic, the main titular character of his series, to Sasuke out of all people and thinking they're similar?! How is the brooding type, seeking power, doesn't care about friends with inferior and superior complexes (Sasuke) matches the one who is a hero, always on the run because he's carefree like the wind and has a sense of justice (Sonic)? That's an insult directly towards myself and many other fans. And this isn't like comparing apples and oranges either. I see you only match the cast based on color schemes like Kakashi and Silver (Really?), and even if I get a chance to read why they are similar, they aren't similar at all because they all have different traits and personalities (Kakashi is more aloof and a bit of a pervert, on the other hand, Silver is VERY naive, as he's only 14, but he has a strong sense of justice).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:38 PM

Sweet Merciful Crap.

Is there anyway to streamline your posts? They are so imagine and gif heave my computer take several minutes to load them. Replying (or even just looking at this tread) is a chore because every time I try to do a anything my browsers shifts because a new image of gif has loaded. I'm surprised anyone is responding because doing so is such a pain in the ass.

#11 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:01 AM

Sweet Merciful Crap.

Is there anyway to streamline your posts? They are so imagine and gif heave my computer take several minutes to load them. Replying (or even just looking at this tread) is a chore because every time I try to do a anything my browsers shifts because a new image of gif has loaded. I'm surprised anyone is responding because doing so is such a pain in the ass.

Agreed

Sorry guys, I'm going to debunk the theory because as a Sonic fan, exclude some similarities (i.e. Sakura and Amy, though imagine if they ever meet, Amy will facepalmed Sakura's "future"), none of this makes any sense at all. One thing I can say about why I debunk it entirely because Sonic the Hedgehog is a franchise that experienced multiple mediums over the years and all of them are extremely different. Those mediums have different canons, so you cannot use a character like Cosmo because she's exclusive to the Sonic X series which is now irrelevant today. And I don't know why you use her to be similar to Hinata at of all people.  :huh:

Furthermore, most of the similarities doesn't make sense. How on earth Sonic is similar to Sasuke (the only possible similarity is their color scheme) and the relationship of Sonic and Tails = Naruto and Sasuke?! WRONG, very wrong here. There is absolutely NO similarity. Sonic is beyond a character that is SO different than Sasuke, its not even funny  :wallbash: . Sonic and Tails' relationship is the more brother/sibling type, way past better than Naruto and Sasuke's. Of course, Tails' character at the time was to become more independent and move out of Sonic's shadow (pun intended towards Shadow) but that had passed. Another thing is Tails is a sidekick, most of the time you'll see its either him being "the smart guy" to Sonic and friends, or hanging out with Sonic as they're best friends/brothers in all mediums. And there is absolutely NOrivalry between Sonic and Tails whatsoever, using Sonic Adventure as a source for this, bad idea.  :down:

I don't know how you gotten the theory that Tails has some romantic tones with Amy which they both clearly doesn't (in all the mediums they appeared, they are basically friends). Using Sonic X as a source is even worse because Amy's personality at the time was heavily flanderized. As for the other characters you chose, Kakashi and Silver...,  :headscratch: Tsunade and Vanilla?  :huh: (Don't know why you went that route because Vanilla is not important as a character other than being Cream's mother), Shadow and Itachi... wuh?  :huh:   :huh:   :huh:  Gaara and Knuckles?!!! HOLD IT! We're going to stop reading right here.

BestSasuHinaSupporter, please withdraw from further researching because it gives the Sonic fans a bad rap, and we already had a bad reputation over the years!

Also agreed.

I mean there's nothing wrong with pointing out similarities, it happens all the time with anime, games, movies. You name it. They might share art styles, character arc similarities or just your standard tropes.

But the op almost seems to argue that Kishi copied Sonic verbatim with Naruto, but all you really have backed that up with is "these characters have matching colors."

Sakura and Amy for example. Yes, they both have pink hair. So do a ton of other anime and video game characters. They also exhibit tsundere traits, so do plenty of other anime characters.

Then, Sonic and Sasuke, I really don't get. One is blue, the other wore a blue shirt for what, a third of the series? If you don't remember, he changed clothes in Shippuden. And they both move fast? Well, all Naruto ninja characters seem to have super human speed thanks to their chakra. That's even avoiding the biggest elephant in the room, though. If Sonic was like Sasuke, wouldn't he like, leave his friends to join Robotnic and become stronger or something?

Then there's Tails, how is Tails much like Naruto? Can you describe without talking about their color or the fact that Naruto has a fox demon inside of him? Their whole character arcs are for the most part incredibly different. Naruto is the underdog story, the tale of a guy who came from nothing, but was destined for greatness and made it there on hard work. Tails, on the other hand, has always played the role of the side-kick. He's there to help Sonic, he's there to be the smart one, that's about it.

Plus, you can't compare Sonic and Tails to the legendary CF that is Naruto and Sasuke. Once again, Sonic never abandoned his friends so Tails isn't really put in a situation where he has to try and either convince Sonic to come back or kill him. More than that, though, Sonic and Tails actually have had plenty of friendship moments. How many did Naruto and Sasuke have? Really. They had some moments where they helped each other get stronger, they had some sequences where they were somewhat nice, but I hardly ever saw them as being close friends. If anything, you could say that Yusuke and Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho were more like Sonic and Tails, since, you know, they were shown as friends.

Finally, I have to say, it's all well and good to want to discuss this fandom type stuff. There's nothing really wrong with it, even though we may disagree. However, it's really not cool to tell somebody that they have to go take a semester in college because they disagree with your idea on similarities between an anime and a video game.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#12 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

I love reading theory, i always say this many times, it's like reading a novel. But whenever i open your thread is hard on my PC, i'm using mozila firefox and sometimes it's freeze/not responding because there's too many GIF / animated image. If you going to put a lot of GIF just put the link instead of making the image appear here, so people can choose whether they want to see it (just click the link) or not.

I also don't agree about sonic and naruto similarities. In a lot of movies there is saying "Any character name is or similarities whether live or death is purely coincidence". First because Sonic popularity is very low outside it's country especially asian, and two because Kishi admit that his biggest inspiration is Dragon Ball and its creator Akira Toriyama, he never mention anything about Sonic.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:55 AM

I can answer everything you just said but it will require me to upload a massive amount of images as evidence to validate what I will tell you but I'm skeptical about doing it because i'm getting alot of complaints about the already existing massive amounts of images within this topic, perhaps I can message them to you ?

that is very pissy of you to say, a lot of the images you provided are unnecessary. They're just character designs but we know all that. Put them in spoiler boxes, don't use that many, or use a smaller size. It's honestly that simple.

ナルサク

#14 BestSasuHinaSupporter

BestSasuHinaSupporter

Chakra Tree Climber

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

ok... that's i'm deleting the content of this topic, I did not make it with the intention to cause a flame war, I just wanted to create yet another special topic that will spark your curiosity, If this topic is going to cause you all to behave this way towards me then it has to go, because we are NaruSaku fans we are all one team, one hive mind, and one Unit, we should only and always direct this hostility to all NaruHina and SasuSaku fans, they are your enemy not me...

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

Sorry but you can't delete this topic even if you started it unless you're an admin

Second I must say this. Even if your theory proves true, (though honestly every thing presented is a stretch imo) What of it? Naruto has copied MANY series and franchises. I'd laugh if anyone didn't notice  the similarities between Dragon ball or the love triangle from Slam Dunk. But so what if Naruto copied Sonic? ( though again you have to pull a VERY convincing argument for me to see it) Besides the fact that every series that Naruto copied did their stuff infinitely better, I don't see much to talk about

that is very pissy of you to say, a lot of the images you provided are unnecessary. They're just character designs but we know all that. Put them in spoiler boxes, don't use that many, or use a smaller size. It's honestly that simple.

Agreed, I just went through five minutes of page loading for all the images to pop up before I stopped detracting from the part of the page I was reading, with the page scrolling up and up and up and up and up.................................................................................

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 December 2016 - 03:34 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

ok... that's i'm deleting the content of this topic, I did not make it with the intention to cause a flame war, I just wanted to create yet another special topic that will spark your curiosity, If this topic is going to cause you all to behave this way towards me then it has to go, because we are NaruSaku fans we are all one team, one hive mind, and one Unit, we should only and always direct this hostility to all NaruHina and SasuSaku fans, they are your enemy not me...

???

First of all you should be willing to recieve criticism. It's a forum for discussions. If you think we are rude, tell us instead of playing the same card. No one is trying to be mean here, but you should know the difference between calling someone ignorant and saying they need to go to college to fix their brain. I agree with you on some parts, but you think your opinion is the universal truth. The first title was even "the truth about Naruto origins", but this is just your opinion.

Secondly we shouldn't be hostile to NH/SS either, their ships might suck but what's the use of being cruel to people because of that? Differing opinions? My opinion differs from some of yours, but I'm still not hostile. NH/SS fans are only "enemies" if they are bashing, but you've managed that nicely without being one.

ナルサク

#17 BestSasuHinaSupporter

BestSasuHinaSupporter

Chakra Tree Climber

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

Perhaps the next topic that I will be posting soon will encourage better behavior

#18 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:28 AM

Yeah, and we probably won't. We generally don't delete whole topics.

I don't mean an ass about the images, but I've never been more frustrated trying to reply to a topic. I had to resort to stopping my browser (and thus preventing the images from loading) otherwise it took nearly 5 minutes for my browser to quit shifting and then the exercise repeated if I scrolled to the original post. 

There were things worth discussing, but I shuddered at the idea of have to block quote that and how my browser would respond.

Also, I would not say we are a hive mind. Obito was a very divisive topic here, for example. 

#19 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:35 AM

Just my two cents, because I know there are a few folks here who would like to talk about Sonic, with or without the parallels to NS — an easy fix is to drop the big graphics inside spoiler tags. That way they don't make the page so laggy.

edit: also returned the title since no one's talking about deleting the thread.

#20 BestSasuHinaSupporter

BestSasuHinaSupporter

Chakra Tree Climber

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:38 AM

Yeah, and we probably won't. We generally don't delete whole topics.

I don't mean an ass about the images, but I've never been more frustrated trying to reply to a topic. I had to resort to stopping my browser (and thus preventing the images from loading) otherwise it took nearly 5 minutes for my browser to quit shifting and then the exercise repeated if I scrolled to the original post. 

There were things worth discussing, but I shuddered at the idea of have to block quote that and how my browser would respond.

Also, I would not say we are a hive mind. Obito was a very divisive topic here, for example. 

Well I feel a tad betrayed..

I worked long hours on presenting the content of this topic to you all just to have it heavily bashed and criticized, especially how many of you are stating that i'm ignorant to the Sonic universe and didn't do any research on it, well in order for me to point out the Similarities the Sonic verse shares with the Naruto verse means I would have had to do RESEARCH about the two series in order to point out and compare their similarities right ?  :huh: 

I'll admit I was a little sensitive, but it's just that normally I would expect this kind of hostility towards me and my points from NaruHina and SasuSaku Supporters that I constantly skirmish with that we SasuHina fans are at war with constantly proving which pairing makes the most sense, and when you guys gave me this criticism like the NaruHina and SasuSaku fans do to me it made me nostalgic about them and likewise I gave criticism back to you guys as I do to them...

I may return the content back to this topic sometime later even as soon as the roaring fire burning here is extinguished with water but for now lets let everyone rejuvenate first so that they can respond to the topic with calmed heads, I have the content of this topic saved on a backup  :wink:

Edited by BestSasuHinaSupporter, 07 December 2016 - 03:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users