• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Hello all! I’ve been following this site for quite some time but never really joined. I must say I’m glad to still see people giving this site some life and love even now! I’ll try to not be too long or ramble but I do appreciate anyone who reads our story. Thank you in advance! =)

Where do I start? Oh well, I originally encountered Naruto when it began airing on Cartoon Network back in 2005 (Today’s CN is a spawn from Hell). Manga wasn’t easily accessible back then as it is today.

As for NaruSaku: I originally fell in love with this pairing when Naruto first complimented Sakura’s forehead and wanted to kiss it. Which was the one feature she was always self-conscious about. I just wish she could’ve known it was Naruto after so many years. That and their continued development, chemistry and interactions throughout the manga only solidified my attachment to them!

Back on topic: The series was unique and loveable, and after the Zabuza Arc I was hooked. I loved the English Dub personally, each voice matched each character perfectly! Fast forward to the present day and I’m one sad cookie. How did something so precious and full of potential get so bad? Like horrifyingly bad?

It’s 2017 and the ending has still broken me. And probably always will. It’s not just about the pairings. The whole last arc was a mess. Don’t get me wrong. Part 1 was a masterpiece and Part 2 I’ll always remember fondly up to the Pain Arc. Everything after just feels like really, really, bad fanfiction. Which is fitting b/c I heard that Yahagi, Kishi’s main editor who helped shape much of the story, left after Sasuke got his MS while still leaving instructions for the Pain arc. How fitting. He probably knew where it was all heading.

The power level originally felt perfect for the series. I loved the close, hand-to-hand melee fights, with the occasional hand sign and jutsu/summoning thrown in. I loved when Naruto trained days to master Rasengan, change in Chakra Nature, Nature Energy and Sage Mode. When did we go from that to flying, glowy, super saiyan effects and Michael Bay movie explosions?

I’m rambling. Back on topic again: It’s 2017 now. It used to be the 5 of us who met back in school and became best friends, always talking about Naruto and how the story was going to go. We were all NaruSaku fans from the start. It’s so rare and I really treasure that about our friendship.

We began to lose interest with each chapter of the 4th Ninja Trash Arc. The only thing we remember fondly are those lovely NaruSaku moments and Madara Shippuden. For us, the moment Kaguya arrived we felt that Naruto as we knew it was dead. It was just barely hanging on but that was the last nail in the coffin. The dialogue was bad. The fight was bad. Naruto cried for Obito and called him the COOLEST guy. Sakura reverted back to her 13- year old Sasuke-kun fangirl self. Sasuke wanted to kill the Kages and Naruto. He put Sakura in a horrible genjutsu. In return he gets a high five and hall pass back at the village.

And I think I’ve seen enough laser fox and Megazord Samurais for one lifetime. Ugh.

Sakura gushes at Sasuke for poking her forehead. Naruto marries overrated stalker whom he loves now apparently because of a scarf and genjutsu cave and supposedly liked Sakura only because of rivalry with Sasuke. What a load of rubbish. And to think people eat that up. In return Sakura becomes a single housewife with a rogue ninja who tried to kill her twice, and couldn’t care less about her.

And we never get to see Naruto actually become Hokage in the manga. Like, really?

Whatever. I’m rambling again.

Last few words: Two of our friends ultimately gave up on the series and don’t talk about it. They’ve become distant. As for the last 3 of us, we’re still together. We think fondly of the memories we built on this series and what it could’ve been. And still can’t stand the atrocity it became and still continues to be with that Burrito manga. Ranting helps vent our frustrations. Sorry if we sound angry.

We’ll never move on.

To this day, we’re still burdened with the curse of falling in love with this series, what it stood for, and the love between Naruto and Sakura that almost was…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well darn it. I did take too long and ramble =/ Thank you if you’ve read this far. We really appreciate it. I’m glad to finally sign up and meet all of you. My friends and I love your continued passion for the series and true pairing.

Goodbye for now =)

LfUZGEl.gif

Naruto on Obito: "He was the COOLEST guy..."  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#2 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Welcome Welcome!!!  :grouphug:

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#3 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Welcome to H&E. 

#4 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

Welcome to H&E :D

#5 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Welcome Welcome!!!  :grouphug:

Welcome to H&E. 

Welcome to H&E :D

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

LfUZGEl.gif

#6 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

Welcome hope you enjoy it here.: )

ナルサク

#7 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

Hi! Nice to meet you!

#8 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:54 AM

Welcome hope you enjoy it here.: )

Hi! Nice to meet you!

Thank you! Glad to be here!

LfUZGEl.gif

#9 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

Nice to meet you, hope you have a great time here :D 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:44 AM

Hi welcome friend. :wave:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:10 PM

Nice to meet you, hope you have a great time here :D

Hi welcome friend. :wave:

Hiya there! Thanks for the welcome! 

LfUZGEl.gif

#12 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Hi there, welcome to the family and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Just to share with you, I joined this forum back in 2010. Not as old as the others, but I personally found this forum a good and fun ground to discuss anime/manga with other NS folks; apart from our interest in NS. This forum also encouraged me to write my first fanfiction about Naruto when the mods held a fanfiction contest in 2014.

I can relate with the other two folks' experience. Nonetheless, it's a fiction product, so, please take it lightly :) I was a die-hard fans back then, having followed this series since its start. I gave up a long time ago when the final two chapters came out. I poke-in once in a while to see if my 'amateurish prediction' becomes reality as the years went by. Not surprisingly, it did for the new series, albeit limited data sources. lol.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#13 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay here!

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#14 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Hi there, welcome to the family and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Just to share with you, I joined this forum back in 2010. Not as old as the others, but I personally found this forum a good and fun ground to discuss anime/manga with other NS folks; apart from our interest in NS. This forum also encouraged me to write my first fanfiction about Naruto when the mods held a fanfiction contest in 2014.

I can relate with the other two folks' experience. Nonetheless, it's a fiction product, so, please take it lightly :) I was a die-hard fans back then, having followed this series since its start. I gave up a long time ago when the final two chapters came out. I poke-in once in a while to see if my 'amateurish prediction' becomes reality as the years went by. Not surprisingly, it did for the new series, albeit limited data sources. lol.

Hiya there. This series meant everything to me when I was younger as well. Then the 4th war arc happened and chapter by chapter, everything I once held dear to the story was simply spat on and ridiculed. I'm kinda wounded to say the least, but what can ya do.

And I do love to read some fan fiction and look at art every now and then, so thank you for the recommendations and the welcome!

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay here!

Thanks for the welcome!

LfUZGEl.gif

#15 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:59 PM

Hiya!! Welcome to H&E! :grouphug:

#16 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:41 AM

Hiya!! Welcome to H&E! :grouphug:

Thank you for the welcome!

LfUZGEl.gif

#17 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

It is a way to say Welcome XD.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#18 Narut0Uzumak1

Narut0Uzumak1

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

I recently joined too. Just now in fact, Its nice to be here. I look forward to our times together !

#19 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

I recently joined too. Just now in fact, Its nice to be here. I look forward to our times together !

Welcome :D

#20 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

It is a way to say Welcome XD.

Thanks for the welcome! 

I think you're supposed to make a separate thread, but welcome I guess!  :wave:

Edited by My Living Curse, 18 September 2017 - 06:18 PM.

LfUZGEl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users