Close
Photo

Naruto Shippuden Movie 1 - Do We Know if These Deleted Scenes Exist?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:20 AM

Hey guys and gals, if you were like me, you were disappointed by the lack of care for Naruto's date with death that Sakura had in the movie, but I stumbled across these screen caps that were from, I believe, the first trailer... and clearly she had a bigger reaction. I know animes usually don't have deleted scenes, but do we know if they're out there? And on a side note, why did they cut them out? Was it too shippy? Probably not, but a fan can hope right?

Edited by chouzu_tao, 06 July 2009 - 12:17 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:10 AM

I'm not sure we had deleted scenes in that movie but it would've been better if we hadn't had any changes from the writers/animators. Back then, we were all high over heels of waiting how the movie will turn out exactly like the first trailer: Naruto being sent towards to his "death", Sakura and the others are in the state of shock and depression over his "death". It would've had been better if Naruto did a "DBZ-revival" in the movie and we could've had major NaruSaku moments.

Instead, we had a Hinata-look filller girl who was the main plotline with Naruto and Sakura back in their part 1 personalities... dry.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:32 AM

Well, that's anime spinoff films for you. Few, if any, are worth the time spent watching them. It's worse when it's a long running series based on a manga like Naruto, because the movies always boil down to ninety minute slices of filler never written with an eye for the characters development in the show. I've only seen a couple that were genuinely decent in almost any show and all of those barring one had massive continuity errors that rendered them nigh useless.

Anime films are usually awesome; spinoff anime films are usually crap.

I know animes usually don't have deleted scenes, but do we know if they're out there?

I can't recall too many animes with deleted scenes. Every now and then it happens with the theatrical standalones - as with any movie some things will be cut for time or flow - but I can't think of a time when an anime spinoff film had deleted scenes. I kind of doubt that's the case here either. From what I understand most animated films, Japanese or American, have the scripts trimmed of the "unnecessary" bits before they even reach the animation process to avoid wasting time and money animating them, which is why most deleted things that survive to be included on DVD's and the like are almost never past the storyboard stage.

Edited by dl316bh, 06 July 2009 - 06:39 AM.

bd5.jpg

#4 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

The only problem i have with Anime Films is that they seem to be in an AU of the orginal Series.

Its like a Filler of a Filler.

Where a filler of an Anime adds epsides inbetween the Story Arcs of teh Manga the fils just seem to be out there in the void.

But some times i like to try to place the films where i think they go.

Like in the first Naruto film I thinjk that took place around the same time as the "Remove Mask comedy." cause after that was the "Tea Race Arc" where Saskue left after that. Plus before that was the whole "Chuni-Invasion-Itachi-Tsunade Arc and that ione seemed to have no gaps in it. Plus it had to happen after Suske and Naruto learned their moves but before Suske became traitor

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

I particularly hate when something like that happens. In the trailers they show a certain scene over and over, but when the movies comes out the scene is not there anymore or has changed dramatically.

It's like, what was the point of putting it in the trailer when it is not in the movie? or cutting it to a point where only part of it is shown?
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users