• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#21 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:35 AM

I actually enjoyed this one alot more than the other ones. I really dug the action scenes in there.

Also I don't know if its just me but the way Naruto and Sasuke fought the villain kind of reminded me of the 6th DBZ movie.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#22 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:39 AM

one thing I notice about this (and some of the other movies) It kinda has a Final Fantasy feel to it. with the random Golbergish technology here and there. but ok movie for all the action and such.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#23 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

kitten!!! For me, Shino was The ABSOLUTE BADASS in this movie!!! just how many termites did he use anyway? thousands??, millions???

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#24 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz)
kitten!!! For me, Shino was The ABSOLUTE BADASS in this movie!!! just how many termites did he use anyway? thousands??, millions???

I so have to agree with you there. Man, they make it look like Konoha has only twenty ninja and that all they need to be the most powerful village. Shino eliminated that whole fleet with metal-eating bugs effortlessly.

Anyway, I love how Naruto goes insane at the end, banging Rasengan after Rasengan into that gravity-defying floating city. Like the little NaruSaku in the movie: I know that Sakura really enjoyed Naruto holding her - you can see that from her expressions before and after the punch. I wonder how she would have reacted when Naruto and hinata tell her they met Sasuke?

This was way better than the first movie, and actually enjoyable. Sasuke still proves that he can work as a team with Naruto. If only our blonde hero's new ransengan styles were canon...
Priceless ending though. Sakura was jealous but she couldn't really do anything about it without giving herself away. biggrin.gif I didn't see much NaruHina here (I'm actually alright with that pairing), except for Hinata's common behavior around Naruto.

Better than the 1st, let's hope the 3ed one nails the characterization perfectly. smile.gif

#25 Kakebun-kun

Kakebun-kun

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Girls, Manga. <br /><br />The only three things you'll need in life.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

Just watched it with subs. Pretty good movie. Better than the first one, that's for sure.

Shino was awesome, Kakashi didn't do anything (which I was fairly dissapointed by) and the Sai scene's were cool too.

I liked the NS stuff in there, especially when Sakura smacked him when Naruto was holding her in his lap. xD
The Sasuke and Naruto stuff was cool, but some of the other things were stupid, like Reibi being "Zero tails" and the part where Shinou turned into this super-strong guy with a huge body looked like a rip from DBZ.

I did like the ending though, and overall it was a pretty good movie. ;D

Edited by Kakebun-kun, 26 April 2009 - 04:17 PM.

NaruSaku Is Yondaime Approved.

|Fanfiction|

#26 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (L.I.D. @ Apr 26 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also I don't know if its just me but the way Naruto and Sasuke fought the villain kind of reminded me of the 6th DBZ movie.

I thought this as well actually. Meta-Cooler!

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#27 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

This movie, while not terrible, is full of disappointment. They could have done so much more than they did, and I'm tired of their ALWAYS needing to be some new friend/romantic interest for Naruto.

Sakura, Hinata, Kakashi, and Shikamaru didn't even need to be in this movie. They didn't contribute anything at all.

Sasuke was hyped as a huge part of the story in the previews, but he doesn't show up until more than halfway through the movie, and then doesn't really do anything other than give Naruto ideas and be aloof.

And poor Naruto was back in "Filler Mode" during the first half. He was written as a complete imbecile, even worse than when he first became a Genin. There's no reason to write the main character like that, and still have him get his ass kicked all over the place.

As for those of you talking about the "moment" between Naruto and Sakura, I don't see it. Getting punched in the face for taking care of someone isn't what I'd call romantic. In fact, the shippiest moments happened between Naruto and Sasuke.

Which says a lot about the movie writers.

#28 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:43 AM

I am going to have to agree with Gravity. I loved the opening sequence and I loved Sai's stuff, but the rest of the film left me disappointed. The bad guy REEKED of DBZ. I half expected his hair to turn gold. His fight with Naruto had very sloppy animation in my opinion. I did not notice these supposed Naru/Saku moments other than their normal Naruto does something stupid and/or slightly perverted and gets hit. The interaction between Naruto and Amaru was more romantic than anything I have seen in the anime or the manga for Naruto which makes me glad the movies are filler. Their interactions where more powerful than even Hinatas declaration of love in the manga. The story line was a bit weird. I still don't get the bad guys motivations or his explanation of Dark Chakra. That might of just been bad subbing though. Also thought it a bit lazy for Shino to be able to manage enough bugs to take out an entire naval fleet of that size. Lastly why did he even need Sai as a distraction if the only ones paying attention to Sai were the few who were sent after him. I do love Naruto, but it has always left me wanting when it comes to the animation of the fights. I think a little bit more explanation on the bad guys motives and a bit more care in animation in his fight and I would of liked this allot more. Sorry for the wall of text.

#29 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

I really liked the anime. However, I really didn't know if that was jealousy at the end on Sakura's part at all. It was almost a...worried...I can't believe you were so reckless thing. So she worries about him, which we know she does already. And I think she hit him when she was in his lap because she was still in fight mode from before she passed out.

I really did like the development of the relationship Naruto had with Amaru. I just wish it would show a little more of Sakura wondering to herself if (with Amaru going with Naruto) would mean that she would be left out. What I would have loved at the end would have been the two girls fighting over how to heal him. That would have rocked!

#30 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Apr 27 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really liked the anime. However, I really didn't know if that was jealousy at the end on Sakura's part at all. It was almost a...worried...I can't believe you were so reckless thing. So she worries about him, which we know she does already. And I think she hit him when she was in his lap because she was still in fight mode from before she passed out.

actually, she hit him because she said his face was too close, and she was embarassed :3 i thought it was cute X3 and i dont know how old amaru is, but i actually did enjoy the interaction between naruto and her, it was also adorable and amusing. i LOVE it. He just has that effect on people <3

#31 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Fox-And-Flower @ Apr 27 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually, she hit him because she said his face was too close, and she was embarassed :3 i thought it was cute X3 and i dont know how old amaru is, but i actually did enjoy the interaction between naruto and her, it was also adorable and amusing. i LOVE it. He just has that effect on people <3

Good catch. Now that you mention it I do remember her talking him being to close to her face. I just felt like the movie lacked the emotional appeal between Naruto and Sakura that I would have expected. To me, it didn't really seem promote any love interest between NaruSaku or NaruHina as some people had mentioned before I saw the movie. If anything, it was a NarutoXAmaru pairing. In a way I perfer Amaru over Hinata. But that's just me.

#32 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

I really liked this movie, including the animation and even raditz showing up as the main villain. I also enjoyed the amanaru pairing, she was not as big a c*ck tease as sakura. i mean naruto basically got to second base with his face in the end....more than narusaku relationship has ever showed us

#33 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (Grizzly1 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really liked this movie, including the animation and even raditz showing up as the main villain. I also enjoyed the amanaru pairing, she was not as big a c*ck tease as sakura. i mean naruto basically got to second base with his face in the end....more than narusaku relationship has ever showed us

LOL at your entire post, because it is absolutely true!!! 111189.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#34 viper

viper

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (L.I.D. @ Apr 26 2009, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually enjoyed this one alot more than the other ones. I really dug the action scenes in there.

I agree I thought the same thing when I watched it

#35 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

Subbed version from tallied fox.com The Naruto website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users