^^This

About time. He looks awesome, he stole Tsunade's thunder laugh.gif

#23 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

Vyse, I think Gramps toad meant that Naruto had passed all of the previous generations in general (Jiraiya/Sannin, Minato/Yondaime, Kakashi) up to and including the latest one, which would have been Kakashi, though no 'shadow outline' of Kakashi was shown.

Though Kakashi did already tell Naruto that he had surpassed him.

EDIT: And sheesh, whats with all the negativity? It was an early release so it's naturally going to be LQ and look like crap. As far as cliche goes, everything can be considered cliche these days. Words have been written for how long now?

Edited by Paradox Jast, 30 December 2008 - 12:49 AM.

#24 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 29 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus, Naruto was moving too fast to see, that's why Pain couldn't avoid him.

Pain was able to guard against Jiraiya's (who was also in Sage Mode) fastest attack without any trouble at all. Nothing should be "too fast" for him. I just really don't want to see Naruto beat Pain all by himself...not until the end of the manga. He should be strong enough to beat Sasuke now, but not the "God" of the Narutoverse.

But, there have been a lot of other Naruto events that I was afraid would happen but didn't, and I always have faith in Kishimoto. So, I'm not all that worried and it's not my intention to sound like a buzzkill. tongue.gif

#25 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:56 AM

I fail to see how the comment "I love cliché stuff" is a negative comment.
A lot of it is perspective, opinionated, or however you want to put it.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 30 December 2008 - 12:59 AM.

#26 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

It appeared to come across as sarcastic, and sarcasm is generally considered a negative form of speech. Especially if you consider the sentence that came before it. But we can blame the internet on that one, since it is hard to gain intent behind the written word without hearing the tone in speech.

I didn't mean to lash out or anything, but I guess I was one of those who was pretty buzzed about the chapter for the story and what will follow, and didn't take well to the buzzkill that followed when I read about how it looks like crap or has been done before.

*shrug* happy.gif

#27 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:08 AM

Awesome! Am I the only one thinking Naruto may have learned his father's technique (I can't remember how its spelled) considering how fast he moved to obliterate that one body?

uc.png

#28 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

That thought just popped into my head after reading the last few posts, actually. laugh.gif

#29 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

Sorry, if you got to know me, I usually put a "[/sarcasm]" at the end of something I'm being sarcastic about, due to the lack of verbal tone with text speech.

#30 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:16 AM

O.O O.M.Gzzles. . .awesome!but i didnt like narutocomment about tsunade going and drinking tea or something, like she's old or something(which she is)
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#31 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

My prediction for the next Chapter (or 2 or maybe even 3):
-Naruto destroys all of Pein's bodies except God Realm
-Pein and Konan flee
-Danzou tries to take over after the battle but him and his forces get their asses whooped
-What remains of Konoha's forces head to Suna

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 30 December 2008 - 01:21 AM.

uc.png

#32 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:27 AM

awesome chapter. naruto coming in deep with the toads as back up was made of win.

i like naruto's new look. paying homage to both his father and his teacher (jiraiya's back scroll and minato's over coat.)

and sakura gushing over naruto owning pein's body: awesome.

#33 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Dec 29 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pain was able to guard against Jiraiya's (who was also in Sage Mode) fastest attack without any trouble at all. Nothing should be "too fast" for him. I just really don't want to see Naruto beat Pain all by himself...not until the end of the manga. He should be strong enough to beat Sasuke now, but not the "God" of the Narutoverse.

But, considering what Pein did, he probably has a lot of fatigue, which slows down reaction time.

#34 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:12 AM

I'm just wondering how well Naruto is going to do against Pain. Not to say, of course that I haven't the utmost, undying faith in our little frog, but they are both kind of exhausted from and training and blowing up a village. I just think it would be wise to put a realistic perspective on things. Pain has proved to be clearly higher than sannin level and Naruto just barely learned the techniques of Jiraiya. So I'm wondering how serious this fight will be and if Naruto is going to fail today, Pain escapes and there's a whole arc of training and growing and keeping watch on Pains movements to apprehend him, or Naruto will actually have a long drawn and level fight with Pain himself.

#35 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

I'm pretty sure Naruto is going to defeat pain, and pain is going to go back to Sasuke and ask for his help in bringing in Naruto in exchange for helping sasuke destroy konoha.
I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#36 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (TheBugNinja @ Dec 29 2008, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure Naruto is going to defeat pain, and pain is going to go back to Sasuke and ask for his help in bringing in Naruto in exchange for helping sasuke destroy konoha.

Agreed.

uc.png

#37 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:57 AM

I find it kind of amusing that it seems like all of the scenes in this chapter put in real time (or at least "Naruto world" time), would only last a few seconds or so. Maybe a few minutes. Not that long, though.

I don't know. That's the first thing I thought about.

Anyway~ 'XD

Eeee~ I can't wait for Naruto to destroy Pain. >D Or at least kill off his bodies. I've really missed the Naruto-centric fights.

Edited by GobiKitsune, 30 December 2008 - 02:58 AM.

#38 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

Ohsnapohsnapohsnap.

AMAZING! I've been dying for this chapter ever since that spoiler leaked out. Huhuhuhuhuhu, it was well worth it. Naruto's look cracks me up, as awesome as it is. I think its the frog touch, XD. I can imagine Sakura "After this is over me and Naruto are going to have a little chat about his fashion sense."

BUT IT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME.

I'm kind of sad that Naruto seems just so overly powerful. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's amazing and deserves every ounce of power, but I hope he hasn't become TOO powerful just yet. It takes out the fun of the opponent like "Hah, what a joke." and then Naruto coming out of nowhere with something amazing. The underdog feel of it.
Its way to early but I can't wait until he fights Sasuke.

431! You wont seem to come fast enough.

#39 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:38 AM

To everyone else that says Naruto has become too powerful too fast you apparently haven't been reading Part 2, for a majority of Part 2 Naruto has been struggling to keep up with everyone especially Sasuke. After all of that bs if anyone deserves a Super Saiyan-like powerup it's him.

uc.png

#40 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Dec 29 2008, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To everyone else that says Naruto has become too powerful too fast you apparently haven't been reading Part 2, for a majority of Part 2 Naruto has been struggling to keep up with everyone especially Sasuke. After all of that bs if anyone deserves a Super Saiyan-like powerup it's him.

Hmm, I think not. He's been struggling to keep up with Sasuke, fer sure, but I think he pretty much topped everyone else XD.
And not too fast, just... it would take away all the good ol' Naruto-ness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users