#7401 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Dec 29 2012, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the things people say in this thread are really ridiculous. Sure, I may think SS is a god-awful pairing. But that doesn't mean I'm simply going to neglect the rare positive behavior he's shown to Sakura. Pairings can really cloud people's judgment.

Later he says that she's worse than Naruto...
Act cold towards her.
All this got messed up chapters later.

Sauske was good until a certain chapter, he was having doubts of staying on the village or pursue revenge, he accepted the revenge, he made a choice.
NS had a lot of bad scenes on part 1 everyone knows about this.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 December 2012 - 12:47 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#7402 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Later he says that she's worse than Naruto...

Earlier. In here http://www.mangapand...chapter-34.html

This is my own interpretion, but I like to think that he later complimented her partly to apologize for earlier.
The stars are fire.

#7403 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Some people may argue that that moment was more for his personal gain, considering she was acting strange before and this was after the words he'd said to her earlier. But I'd rather not get into that debate now, so it was a rare good ss moment...sorta. huh.gif

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#7404 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (khepria @ Dec 29 2012, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really understand why you disagree with it? I never said that he loves Hinata. I don't think he does either, at least not more than he loves any of his friends. There's still the potential for it if Kishimoto at the end decides to troll and go, "Naruto changed his feelings! Look at the changing moment in this convenient flashback chapter"... but NaruSaku has so much build-up during the series that I really do think that it's still end game. Sakura has been the girl that he has feelings for all along, and there isn't any concrete evidence that says otherwise.

I dont disagree with everything, but the last part i cant possibly think about Naruto changing his feelings.
There's no blushing or any kind of romantic reaction from him.
Sakura means almost everything for him, it mirrors Obito, she was one of the main reasons of why he wanted to become strong.
After all those failures from Jiraya and Obito, It's heartbreaking to Naruto being just another failure too.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#7405 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Qia @ Dec 30 2012, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some people may argue that that moment was more for his personal gain, considering she was acting strange before and this was after the words he'd said to her earlier. But I'd rather not get into that debate now, so it was a rare good ss moment...sorta. huh.gif

Yeah, I don't see the personal gain, myself, at all.
The stars are fire.

#7406 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

I really can't fathom how anyone can enjoy SS.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#7407 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Dec 30 2012, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really can't fathom how anyone can enjoy SS.

And here I was squeeing at the manga panels. tongue.gif
The stars are fire.

#7408 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And here I was squeeing at the manga panels. tongue.gif

And here I was squeeing at the murder attempts tongue.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#7409 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Dec 30 2012, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And here I was squeeing at the murder attempts tongue.gif

Nah, those are for bitter tears and calls such as "why, Kishi, why?! Oh the tension!". I said earlier that I "liked" the murder attempts. It's true. I did enjoy what they contributed to the storyline, how dark they made the story. Also, how can I not love Sakura and Sasuke basically thinking alike in every way? Getting close to each other to off the other. Great minds think alike, you know. love.gif fu.png

The stars are fire.

#7410 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I don't see the personal gain, myself, at all.

Personal Gain: She's more focused for the exam and therefore a greater chance for success.

#7411 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Qia @ Dec 30 2012, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personal Gain: She's more focused for the exam and therefore a greater chance for success.

I think that is just wanting to see Sasuke in bad or selfish light in every way.
The stars are fire.

#7412 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I said earlier that I "liked" the murder attempts. It's true. Getting close to each other to off the other. Great minds think alike, you know. love.gif fu.png

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#7413 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that is just wanting to see Sasuke in bad or selfish light in every way.

Well, I don't really blame some people for thinking this about this moment, considering he smirked after and all when he saw that it worked.

#7414 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Qia @ Dec 30 2012, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I don't really blame some people for thinking this about this moment, considering he smirked after and all when he saw that it worked.

Looks like a normal smile to me, he's pleased at having helped her. Surely even Sasuke smiles occasionally? biggrin.gif

luffyq1, I know, I know.

QUOTE (khepria @ Dec 30 2012, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can understand why someone would like it at the beginning... their relationship could've developed into one where Sakura (a cute and smart, but otherwise normal girl) breaks down the walls around Sasuke (a handsome and dark guy)'s heart and along with Naruto, helps him realize that there's more to life than revenge. The whole concept of a girl's love changing her dark love interest's heart is romantic.

But it didn't really develop that way at all. Team 7 has a place in Sasuke's heart, but not Sakura alone... And if you really think about it, Sakura never really liked Sasuke for who he is and she only started to get peeks at who he actually is before he leaves. And then after the time skip, their relationship comes down to panels with her looking pained at his memory and murder attempts.

Oh God, Khepria, I just earlier today wrote how I think it's silly to think that Sakura never knew Sasuke. laugh.gif

Here's a bit:
I have a hard time believing that Sakura would view Sasuke as some romance hero who has hardly done anything wrong. She tried to kill him because she thought he had gone too far. She temporarily gave up hope of ever getting him back. She knew he was tempted by promises of power from Oro. That is why she was waiting for him by that road back in the days of Sasuke retrieval. She doesn't think him in great light in ch 540, either. I think Sakura knows full well what Sasuke is like, how dark and messed-up. She just loves him anyway.

The rest:
Not exactly on the point, but relevant. And to expand on this: Sakura did work and travel and hang out with Sasuke during part I. They also knew each other since they were kids. She was the only one who realized how badly he was tempted by Oro's promises. Kakashi and Naruto thought that Sasuke would get over it. Sakura was the only one in Konoha who realized that Sasuke was leaving. She knew he would and waited for him by the road. She also recognised long before Naruto how far Sasuke had gone and was willing to kill him because of it. Sakura doesn't know Sasuke? Sure...

Edited by Poison_In_Your_Coffee, 30 December 2012 - 01:12 AM.

The stars are fire.

#7415 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So "just transferring chakra" thing is considered by you people to be canon now? Like the "Sakura is ashamed of loving Sasuke" thing is accepted to be canon by you? Good that one of us is humble.

Ahem. http://www.mangapand...chapter-36.html

Congratulations on digging up one of the first chapters of the series but as the saying goes, "What have you done for me lately?"

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#7416 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (khepria @ Dec 30 2012, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can understand why someone would like it at the beginning... their relationship could've developed into one where Sakura (a cute and smart, but otherwise normal girl) breaks down the walls around Sasuke

No offense at all (seriously, no offense), but I stopped reading right there. The only person who played a big role in seemingly breaking down Sasuke's "walls" was Naruto. It was confirmed at the chunin exams, the VOE, a little bit during the summit, and Itachi's last massage to Naruto. And before you go playing the Itachi card on me, confronting Itachi only fueled his anger which I wouldn't deem as "breaking down his walls". Itachi left Sasuke to Naruto for a reason, and he understood that all too well.

Naruto is the only person who can get to Sasuke, not Sakura or anybody else. Naruto is the lifeline to SS. Without Naruto = no SS.

Edit: though I don't think even with Naruto redeeming Sasuke automatically means SS.

Edited by luffyq1, 30 December 2012 - 01:23 AM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#7417 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Dec 29 2012, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No offense at all (seriously, no offense), but I stopped reading right there. The only person who played a big role in seemingly breaking down Sasuke's "walls" was Naruto. It was confirmed at the chunin exams, the VOE, a little bit during the summit, and Itachi's last massage to Naruto. And before you go playing the Itachi card on me, confronting Itachi only fueled his anger which I wouldn't deem as "breaking down his walls". Itachi left Sasuke to Naruto for a reason, and he understood that all too well.

Naruto is the only person who can get to Sasuke, no Sakura or anybody else. Naruto is the lifeline to SS. Without Naruto = no SS.

Edit: though I don't think even with Naruto redeeming Sasuke automatically means SS.

I know how you feel BUT you misunderstood this person's post. They are saying it COULD have developed like that and made SS appealing and feasible.
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#7418 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (khepria @ Dec 30 2012, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I AM JUST A PERSON THAT WRITES IN EXTREMES. Of course she knew him well as a teammate, and she knows what kind of personality he has and stuff. I just think that she just never really knew how revenge-driven he was, since she can't relate to his experiences. She begins to understand how serious Sasuke is about his ambitions, but too late for her to have any meaningful impact on his decision to leave.

Okay. laugh.gif I do see what you mean. My own reasons for liking SS have to with liking angst, darkness and just finding their bond interesting. It's not really about Sakura being the one to "heal the bad boy" or anything, for me.

luffyq1, you should have finished reading. She (?) comes to the same conclusion as you.

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Dec 30 2012, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations on digging up one of the first chapters of the series but as the saying goes, "What have you done for me lately?"

Not much. Your point being?

Edited by Poison_In_Your_Coffee, 30 December 2012 - 01:26 AM.

The stars are fire.

#7419 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Oh, please god, not SS. sad.gif

I'm alright with NH being canon, but anything, ANYTHING but SS

I'm Swag. I'm a seventeen year old Canadian that hates everything.

#7420 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (swagosaurus @ Dec 30 2012, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, please god, not SS. sad.gif

I'm alright with NH being canon, but anything, ANYTHING but SS

Gasp! Sakura with Orochimaru!
The stars are fire.