• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#161 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

Then why quote me? Lol!! Anyhow I agreed with you that them splitting up inside Buu was never confirmed, but trying to pull of this whole "Only Kai's stay fused forever" is a load of crap. This kittening explanation for a new "time restraint" is insulting. Sure Old Kai was sealed for years in the Z sword, but does that mean that after those events the secrets of the earrings weren't shared with any of the future Kai's?? The Supreme Kai had no freaking idea that he could fuse with them, let alone that it would be preeminent, but now I'm supposed to accept the fact that Old Kai wrong, and that another Kai from another universe is the one that knows how the Potara earrings REALLY WORK?? How does that makes sense? I'm sorry but if an old mystic Kai appears from a sword and he knows a bunch of stuff isn't it logical to believe that he knows it all? At the time of Z the answer is Yes, his word was final, but Super failed in convincing me that this new explanation was passable. 

If they wanted Trunks to win so bad, but still use a fusion for ratings then they should have gone with Gogita. He had a time limit, and he would have been canon had he appeared. Plus I really really really wanted them to perform the fusion dance. Anyhow had they gone this route there would have been no kittening needed to explain why Vegito would split up. They'd have a fusion with a time limit, no retcons, and Trunks could save the day. Why they just didn't do this boggles my mind.  

one problem with that, super didn't come up with the time limit, the time limit has been there for years in the dragon ball heroes lore, just like how final kamehameha has been a thing for years in the games and didn't become canon until now. so if you want to blame anything, blame dragon ball heroes and/or whoever came up with the idea in the first place years ago....

also asspulls? spirit bomb,instant transmission, and goku's psychic powers all were asspulls with no arcs to explain them, but now with trunks using spirit bomb it suddenly matters?

also, it isn't an asspull, because trunks new form isn't a god ki form, its a form powered by spiritual energy and the sword is a move unique to the form, he's like a living spirit bomb, or did you not notice his aura start powering up when the energy started gathering?

how did you guys even miss that detail? they literally just made trunks surpass goku and vegeta in a different way than using god ki, all under your noses.

last I checked, wasn't everyone's biggest complaint about dragon ball was that goku and vegeta are always the focus and the ones getting the kill and not the other characters, now suddenly when they actually do it you hate it just because they give vegito a time limit that has been in the games for years?

Edited by ultranx, 17 November 2016 - 08:23 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#162 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:47 AM

You know...

Trunks defeating Zamasu the way it went doesn't look bad anymore...

#163 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:47 AM

You know...

Trunks defeating Zamasu the way it went doesn't look bad anymore...

Why? What happened?

#164 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:20 AM

Why? What happened?

Gohan: So are we going to pretend that nothing happened?
Goku: That's right. So let's go han, Gohome.

#165 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

Gohan is still training with Piccolo.

There is still hope....

#166 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

Don't like Toei anyways.

#167 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

Don't like Toei anyways.

Yeah, well...They tried.

#168 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

Gohan is still training with Piccolo.

There is still hope....

Didn't we already go through this in the Revival of Frieza Arc? Gohan sucks now. He's done

#169 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:02 PM

See, this is why you don't do sequel when the story is done.

#170 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

So any thoughts about the latest episode?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#171 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:59 AM

Gohan: So are we going to pretend that nothing happened?
Goku: That's right. So let's go han, Gohome.

#172 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

This moved faster than me during my first time putting the broom in the closet. 😉😉

#173 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

I thought the last scene between Gohan and Future Trunks was really touching.

#174 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

I thought the last scene between Gohan and Future Trunks was really touching.

That was nice. The rest...well...

The pacing in this arc was all over the place.

#175 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

That was nice. The rest...well...

The pacing in this arc was all over the place.

The pacing was fine until the last few episodes

#176 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:30 PM

The pacing was fine until the last few episodes

It had chances to develop other piece in its time, rather than something that didn't go anywhere like Pilaf Gang.

#177 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:39 PM

It had chances to develop other piece in its time, rather than something that didn't go anywhere like Pilaf Gang.

I would've used Goten in this Arc in place of them. Imagine Goten meeting Future Trunks and having a conversation with him.

#178 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:28 AM

That in my opinion is the biggest problem and cancer in this anime, waste of space and screen time, almost zero purpose except for the girl to be Trunks future wife. Each episode have 24-26 minutes and these stupid gang is usually take 2-5 minutes, such a waste .... if they want to insert a character to serve as a comedic relief, they can just make Goku comment about Bulma's saggy boobs in front of her and Vegeta like in few episode back .... that is comedic relief, these little gang not even funny.

Edited by Yyubie, 22 November 2016 - 08:30 AM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#179 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:59 AM

You know after watching the latest episode. I can see why the shadow dragons existed in GT. They main cast have become very over-reliant on the Dragonballs. And then It takes Bulma the creator of the Dragon radar in order to resolve the situation.

Also apparently Shenron has a time limit before he just leaves if he is not granting wishes. Which does makes sense. Since most people are suppose to travel around the world for years searching for them, you kind of figure that that person would already have what wish they want grant decided before they even make the journey.

#180 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Honestly, I didn't think it would be that long. Sorry for that. :sweat:  Well, if you have time to spare, please enjoy the video. Thank you. :D

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 01 December 2016 - 02:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users