• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 24 2012, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOLD ON LET ME PUT SOME HASHTAGS!

#Coolstorybro
#Vaporware

Sadly I will have to agree with you. I'm not convince at all that they have been working on the game since 2006 and they still haven't finish it. sleep.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

To be honest, I don't mind if they cancel it/move it to XV. The 'XIII' set of games is becoming ridonk with the amount of games attached to it. Maybe they're revamping it to be a totally new FF.

I would just like Type-0 to be localized.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#24 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Final Fantasy XIII......PART 3?!! huh.gif

Ummm...why -.-

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Jul 25 2012, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, I don't mind if they cancel it/move it to XV. The 'XIII' set of games is becoming ridonk with the amount of games attached to it. Maybe they're revamping it to be a totally new FF.

I am in complete agreement with you there! The "XIII" series has got a poor reputation now, and I really think it would be good for Square to cut their losses there. Forget XIII-3, and just rename Versus to Final Fantasy XV, even if they have to change elements of the story to separate it from XIII. Nobody would mind extra development time if it gave the series a fresh start and made Versus as good as possible.

#26 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Guys, this stuff is just gonna lead to another gaming depression the likes of the gaming crash of '83... And I for one am glad to see that happen, because it would stop certain companies (Capcom, Square Enix, etc...) from screwing over their fans and actually doing something decent that the fans and even potential casual gamers would enjoy!

But until then... More Unnecessary and Unwanted FF Titles Anyone? No?

THEN I'LL BURN 'EM!!!

#27 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Personally, I would appreciate a XIII-3. I've seen the ending (and secret ending) of the story of XIII-2, and am of the opinion there are way too many threads left hanging for them to not wrap things up. As I recall, Final Fantasy games tend to leave very few, if any, such threads by the end of the story...probably why the VII games and films are lumped together, so they can tie off all the remaining loose ends, no?

As for FFXIII Versus...truth be told, wasn't on my 'top list of expectations'.....I've dabbled in my share of Dissodia, and not so big a fan of Final Fantasy fighting games. In my honest opinion, Final Fantasy are RPGs and should stick to that game type.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#28 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

I wouldn't be surprise if they're waiting for XIII-3 to be completed and for the PS4 to be release so they can release versus on the PS4 trolling PS3 fans big time. dry.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#29 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Aug 15 2012, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I would appreciate a XIII-3. I've seen the ending (and secret ending) of the story of XIII-2, and am of the opinion there are way too many threads left hanging for them to not wrap things up. As I recall, Final Fantasy games tend to leave very few, if any, such threads by the end of the story...probably why the VII games and films are lumped together, so they can tie off all the remaining loose ends, no?

There weren't a lot of lose ends at the end of VII at all. Square only made so many games/ movies/ OVAs for money; to the point where certain events had to be completely ret-conned or contradictory. Sephiroth was originally killed by Cloud, but in the Last Order they made it look like he jumped himself, so then another game had to come in to rectify that.

Now all of Square's games have incomplete endings, so they can make sequels for some quick money. As the story is needlessly dragged on, the quality goes down.

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Aug 15 2012, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for FFXIII Versus...truth be told, wasn't on my 'top list of expectations'.....I've dabbled in my share of Dissodia, and not so big a fan of Final Fantasy fighting games. In my honest opinion, Final Fantasy are RPGs and should stick to that game type.

Versus isn't a one-on-one fighting game, the battle system is more similar to action games, like Kingdom Hearts. Birth By Sleep has a really good battle system, but I also like the FFXIII battle system. Currently, action games are gaining popularity in Japan, so the developers follow suit.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#30 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm expecting Versus Xiii to get a name change before it releases whenever that is, Xiii has not been good for the franchise, even though I personally enjoyed it, but i'd never played the previous FF's so didn' really know anything about the lore of the franchise, I just played it as a standalone game. Even Xiii-2 was a decent game which was let down by the poor story and crappy DLC, and worst ending. Now Xiii-3 is coming out so SE obviously don't want to distract the consumers by showing the game they really are looking forward to. I'm not sold on the Lightning Solo mission and time limit but we'll see how things turn out, i'll probably buy just to complete the trilogy.

However the hardcore fans are not happy with SE and many think they are being exploited by being force fed Xiii series games, so it would be better to distance Versus as much from the Xiii series as possible.

Actually SE need to drop the number series completely, it's become apparent with Xiii that they like the idea of prolonging each number series with sequels to maximise the profit, so it would make more sense to drop the numbers and give each series a seperate name, like with Tales, for example Final Fantasy Versus Saga or something.

iAnby7W.gif

#31 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 14 2012, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm expecting Versus Xiii to get a name change before it releases whenever that is, Xiii has not been good for the franchise, even though I personally enjoyed it, but i'd never played the previous FF's so didn' really know anything about the lore of the franchise, I just played it as a standalone game. Even Xiii-2 was a decent game which was let down by the poor story and crappy DLC, and worst ending. Now Xiii-3 is coming out so SE obviously don't want to distract the consumers by showing the game they really are looking forward to. I'm not sold on the Lightning Solo mission and time limit but we'll see how things turn out, i'll probably buy just to complete the trilogy.

However the hardcore fans are not happy with SE and many think they are being exploited by being force fed Xiii series games, so it would be better to distance Versus as much from the Xiii series as possible.

Actually SE need to drop the number series completely, it's become apparent with Xiii that they like the idea of prolonging each number series with sequels to maximise the profit, so it would make more sense to drop the numbers and give each series a seperate name, like with Tales, for example Final Fantasy Versus Saga or something.

Agreed they will rename versus to FFXV since XIV is out and sadly a horrible game like XI. The FF franchise doesn't belong in the online universe.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users