#5381 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Aug 9 2012, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't really matter whether she complained about her parents or not, at the end of the day, the people don't feel any remorse for hating a character who is not tragic. People are far more willing to forgive Gaara for nearly killing Sakura and Sasuke, or Neji over Hinata, regardless if they talked about their past. The same goes for a court case -- if the accused had a terrible upbringing, the jury will be far more likely to sympathize and deliver a more favourable verdict.

I know, but I still think it's retarded. At the end of the day, I define a character by their actions. Sakura may have been a somewhat unsympathetic character in part 1, but overall her actions throughtout the series is anything but unsympathetic. Sasuke on the other hand, is a very sympathetic character becuase of his tragic past, but overall his actions throughout the series are very unsympathetic.

Think of it this way: If you whole family was murdered by your brother, people will forgive you for anything.

I wouldn't. If someone killed by entire family because someone else killed his entire family when he was only a child, I would wan't him to fry. Sure, I would probably feel a little bit of a sympathy for him, but that still doesn't change the fact that my entire family is dead and for that, somebody has to pay.

Similarly, I can understand why Sasuke would wan't to kill the elders of the village, but I cannot and will not sympathize with his desire to essentially commit genocide on the entire village.

If you were made fun of like every other kid while half of the world had their families murdered, people will forgive you for nothing.

So you're saying that if Naruto had been in Sakura's place during the Five Kage summit arc, people would have instantly forgiven him? I'm sorry, but that's kittening stupid. What difference does it make?

If I was in a group with 9 other people who all had lost their parents in a tragic way and I was the only one who hadn't experienced any form of tragedy, would that mean that it would be okay of them to yell at me and call me an a**hole? Would I just have to sit there and take it because I dare to not have experienced any personal tragedies? No, of course not. The only thing that would excuse such a treatment would be if I constantly talked about how my life sucks because my parents are always nagging me (lack of perspective), if I did something like Sakura and told them that they should be grateful for not having parents because parents are always so demanding (lack of perspective) or if I straight up told them "Haha, my parents are still alive and yours aren't" (downright cruelty).

Unless you can name me an instance other than chapter 3 or her confession to Sasuke, where Sakura does something like this, then I don't see where all this hate is coming from.

Sakura is 'normal' if you compare her to our world standards, but in the ninja world, she is relatively fortunate.

Indeed, but that's not her fault.

Obviously you can't compare Sakura to Chouji or Shikamaru. They only have about a fraction of the screentime. During that fraction however, Chouji and Shikamaru has some wonderful development, they served their purpose in the story and were quickly set aside, giving the readers a good impression about them.

My first impression of both Choji and Shikamaru were anything but good. Shikamaru was a lazy, sexist prick and Choji was a whiner and a typical "fat kid". However, as the series progressed, I eventually came to see them in a much more sympathetic light. I began to understand why they were acting like they did and when they evnetually began to (somewhat) get rid of thier begative traits, I welcomed it with open arms.

Sure, I get that Sakura as a main character has bigger expectations placed on her by the readers and this is where things get problematic, because even though Sakura is billed as a main character, a lot of times, Kishi simply treats her like a side character. Still, I think she's proven herself worthy of being a main character in her own way. So yeah, I'm convinced. Some people still arent' and some will never be, but that's life.

I'm sure even Akamaru has more screentime than Tenten. Sure, she might not be as flawed or tragic, but is anyone interested?

I am.

She did mention in he thoughts at the beginning of the war arc that she will be fighting alongside Naruto with everyone else, whether Kishimoto writes anything on that remains to be seen.

Let's hope so. He still has about two years to finish the story. Surely it's not so unreasonable to expect him to give his main heroine some screentime before then. wink.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 09 August 2012 - 01:26 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#5382 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

I personally don't buy this idea that an character can do anything and get away without repercusion, just because of an sad or tragic past. For example, during Sakura confession, I understood Sakura reasons for doing what she did, even if the confession was fake, she was doing for the sake of Naruto, she just wanted him to stop this fruitless pursuit for an person who don't even deserve Naruto's simpathy. I believe she was right into wanting to make Naruto stop. And for Naruto on the other hand, I was extremely pissed with him, I was just sick of his obsession over Sasuke, he knew the guy was just trouble and didn't deserve his attention, yet he almost had a stroke about! So, in the end, I think what matters is not gender, past or anything like that when it comes to judge an character, it's all about their actions that define our opinions about them.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#5383 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Aug 10 2012, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, but I still think it's retarded. At the end of the day, I define a character by their actions. Sakura may have been a somewhat unsympathetic character in part 1, but overall her actions throughtout the series is anything but unsympathetic. Sasuke on the other hand, is a very sympathetic character becuase of his tragic past, but overall his actions throughout the series are very unsympathetic.

I know, I'm just offering a perspective.

I wouldn't. If someone killed by entire family because someone else killed his entire family when he was only a child, I would wan't him to fry. Sure, I would probably feel a little bit of a sympathy for him, but that still doesn't change the fact that my entire family is dead and for that, somebody has to pay.

Similarly, I can understand why Sasuke would wan't to kill the elders of the village, but I cannot and will not sympathize with his desire to essentially commit genocide on the entire village.

You did mention that before, but I am talking about the fandom as a whole, or at least the vocal minority.

So you're saying that if Naruto had been in Sakura's place during the Five Kage summit arc, people would have instantly forgiven him? I'm sorry, but that's kittening stupid. What difference does it make?

I would expect him to be criticised less for it, not to mention that being the main character, he will do something heroic in the end of the arc and the fandom would look the other way. The fandom would probably take into account that Sasuke put his arm through Naruto, so he has suffered a lot, and therefore his actions are understandable. People don't judge characters by their one action in one point in time.

Similarly, if Sakura wanted to genocide, nobody would sympathise with her, because her family was never killed.

If I was in a group with 9 other people who all had lost their parents in a tragic way and I was the only one who hadn't experienced any form of tragedy, would that mean that it would be okay of them to yell at me and call me an a**hole? Would I just have to sit there and take it because I dare to not have experienced any personal tragedies? No, of course not. The only thing that would excuse such a treatment would be if I constantly talked about how my life sucks because my parents are always nagging me (lack of perspective), if I did something like Sakura and told them that they should be grateful for not having parents because parents are always so demanding (lack of perspective) or if I straight up told them "Haha, my parents are still alive and yours aren't" (downright cruelty).

I'm not excusing the bullies or that she deserved it, I'm just saying that "people" (ie the fandom) won't give much sympathy to a character who got called a few names when the rest of the kids had to see their families slaughtered in front of them.

Unless you can name me an instance other than chapter 3 where Sakura does something like this, then I don't see where all this hate is coming from.

People don't hate her for chaper 3, they hate her for not being able to fight through half the story, fangirling, or being "mean" to Naruto. The fans feel more comfortable to bash a character who they can't sympathize.

Nobody bashes Kushina for hitting Naruto repeatedly, because she died for him.

Indeed, but that's not her fault.

It may not be her fault, but it gives the fans a reason to be unsympathetic.

My first impression of both Choji and Shikamaru were anything but good. Shikamaru was a lazy, sexist prick and Choji was a whiner and a typical "fat kid". However, as the series progressed, I eventually came to see them in a much more sympathetic light. I began to understand why they were acting like they did and when they evnetually began to (somewhat) get rid of thier begative traits, I welcomed it with open arms.

Sure, I get that Sakura as a main character has bigger expectations placed on her by the readers and this is where things get problematic, because even though Sakura is billed as a main character, a lot of times, Kishi simply treats her like a side character. Still, I think she's proven herself worthy of being a main character in her own way. So yeah, I'm convinced. Some people still arent' and some will never be, but that's life.

Well, that usually fits into what I said in my first post. The characters are either tragic , and/ or heroic. Naruto fits into the criteria quite well, but Sakura, not so much.

I am.

I don't think Tenten or Shino will get a moment to shine anytime soon, Kishimoto didn't even draw Tenten's first battle in the manga. Instead, it was an anime filler. Tenten is a sterotypical anime Chinese girl, similar to how the rest of Team Gai has strong Chinese influences. They've never ranked very high in the popularity polls, it seems like fandom doesn't really demand much from them.

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 10 2012, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally don't buy this idea that an character can do anything and get away without repercusion, just because of an sad or tragic past. For example, during Sakura confession, I understood Sakura reasons for doing what she did, even if the confession was fake, she was doing for the sake of Naruto, she just wanted him to stop this fruitless pursuit for an person who don't even deserve Naruto's simpathy. I believe she was right into wanting to make Naruto stop. And for Naruto on the other hand, I was extremely pissed with him, I was just sick of his obsession over Sasuke, he knew the guy was just trouble and didn't deserve his attention, yet he almost had a stroke about! So, in the end, I think what matters is not gender, past or anything like that when it comes to judge an character, it's all about their actions that define our opinions about them.

I know, I'm just saying the Naruto fandom in general is more forgiving to the tragic characters, which there are a lot of.

Edited by Nefertieh, 09 August 2012 - 01:50 PM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#5384 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Malverstation @ Aug 9 2012, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know right? sweatdrop.gif They need to take this issue somewhere else.

But what I was wondering, if the promo said that Naruto has no parents and no girlfriend....they are insinuating that Naruto has a girlfriend in RTN. Well, considering the only "date" mentioned in the movie is at the beginning and the end....both between Naruto and Sakura. I don't remember reading that promo but someone mentioned it earlier. And heh, if you ask me, Naruto looks uncomfortable and not enjoying AU|Hinata. I never got the impression that he would like her.

I think maybe that was to specify that Naruto is pretty alone when it comes to the love department.

Though I would totally welcome Naruto having a girlfriend in the AU.. Well let me specify, MEMNA having a girlfriend in the AU, even if it was Hinata. Because that means its the alternate of what would really happen (:

#5385 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Malverstation @ Aug 9 2012, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know right? sweatdrop.gif They need to take this issue somewhere else.

But what I was wondering, if the promo said that Naruto has no parents and no girlfriend....they are insinuating that Naruto has a girlfriend in RTN. Well, considering the only "date" mentioned in the movie is at the beginning and the end....both between Naruto and Sakura. I don't remember reading that promo but someone mentioned it earlier. And heh, if you ask me, Naruto looks uncomfortable and not enjoying AU|Hinata. I never got the impression that he would like her.

If you ask me, I think Kishi dodge the question of Menma having a girlfriend. It's a good chance that he didn't care for anyone as he was obsessed with powers according to the spoilers. That said if he did have a girlfriend, I said Kishi did it nicely to dodge AU! Sakura. Remember, she's not in the movie and even the anime one had her amnesia. So, Kishi did a good way to prevent the possibility with AU! Sakura.

If you ask me again, I would say act 3 was a clear indication of a new generation surpassing the old as well as the parallel. The focus was on Naruto's family. Once Sakura was captured, from there on, it was parallel galore. You have Naruto doing the reenactment of Minato, you have only Naruto going against the biggest threat of them all, Tobi/Menma, Sakura is chained, they're in a sacred place, water on the ground, the rescue, and hell, we even have Kyuubi. That really screams new generation. Even a SasuSaku fan saw it as a new generation of MinaKushi. That's a hell of a accomplishment.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 09 August 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#5386 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

So can't wait for this movie to be subbed.

#5387 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Everyone, I know this discussion of how people perceive Sakura branched off of another discussion about the movie Road to Ninja and a reflection of how it portrays Sakura, but it's straying further and further away from the topic in the confines of the context of the movie. Because of the different amount of things presented in this film, this thread is turning into an generic/general discussion of different topics on the Naruto series. As many others may want to chime in on the discussions you're talking about, without having to read the posts mixed with reactions, discussions, or continued spoilers of Road to Ninja, I ask that you guys please separate your debate into another thread.

Also, if you have issues with another poster on the thread, please discuss it with them in a private message. Airing it out in front of everyone can make things uncomfortable for other posters. When a debate becomes more about critiquing someone personally, then it's time to agree to disagree and move on, or again to discuss those issues in private. We're a single shipping fandom, we're united by this belief and desire that NaruSaku is canon. And while we may have differing views, that doesn't mean we should become hostile towards one another. So please, let's move on and celebrate and discuss our different views in a positive manner.

With all the spoilers we've collected someone could easily re-make the movie, creating their own dialogue? Any brave soul want to attempt this feat for us while we wait for the movie's release on dvd? I'm sure we'd all love you forever. tongue.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#5388 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

So far, what intrigues me most about this movie (other than the NS bonding) is this Menma character. I've always wondered how Naruto would have turned out if his parents hadn't died and as such I am really looking forward to see Menma's personality. I know he's supposedly being controlled by Tobi at one point, but I also wonder what his "canon" personality is. If he's supposed to be the opposite of Naruto does that mean that he's selfish, deceitful and that he has no confidence. Well, that would certainly make for an interesting villain. laugh.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#5389 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Aug 9 2012, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone, I know this discussion of how people perceive Sakura branched off of another discussion about the movie Road to Ninja and a reflection of how it portrays Sakura, but it's straying further and further away from the topic in the confines of the context of the movie. Because of the different amount of things presented in this film, this thread is turning into an generic/general discussion of different topics on the Naruto series. As many others may want to chime in on the discussions you're talking about, without having to read the posts mixed with reactions, discussions, or continued spoilers of Road to Ninja, I ask that you guys please separate your debate into another thread.

Also, if you have issues with another poster on the thread, please discuss it with them in a private message. Airing it out in front of everyone can make things uncomfortable for other posters. When a debate becomes more about critiquing someone personally, then it's time to agree to disagree and move on, or again to discuss those issues in private. We're a single shipping fandom, we're united by this belief and desire that NaruSaku is canon. And while we may have differing views, that doesn't mean we should become hostile towards one another. So please, let's move on and celebrate and discuss our different views in a positive manner.

With all the spoilers we've collected someone could easily re-make the movie, creating their own dialogue? Any brave soul want to attempt this feat for us while we wait for the movie's release on dvd? I'm sure we'd all love you forever. tongue.gif

I agree, which why I created the Sakura Haruno: Opinion and Character Analysis on the Naruto General page. We can talk about Sakura there, and I get to see other people's oponion about our favorite little pink haired heroin.

#5390 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Aug 9 2012, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far, what intrigues me most about this movie (other than the NS bonding) is this Menma character. I've always wondered how Naruto would have turned out if his parents hadn't died and as such I am really looking forward to see Menma's personality. I know he's supposedly being controlled by Tobi at one point, but I also wonder what his "canon" personality is. If he's supposed to be the opposite of Naruto does that mean that he's selfish, deceitful and that he has no confidence. Well, that would certainly make for an interesting villain. laugh.gif

From what we've heard it sounds like it. Kushina seems the least different of all the characters, the only point of difference in her seems to be that she goes along with Minato's "we're people before we are ninja mindset." Minato has this mindset plus he seems to kind of fit the negative image that manga Kushina judged him as being in the Academy.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#5391 4000TMNT

4000TMNT

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

New Video on RTN Movie and has a mini clip of Sakura vs Menma.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

#5392 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (4000TMNT @ Aug 9 2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sakura-chan whatthekitten.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#5393 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (4000TMNT @ Aug 9 2012, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you. I was about to post it, but you beat me to it. No matters. Thanks. smile.gif

Highlight Reels:

- What's that seal like thing on Naruto's leg? It should be Tobi's doing but what is that exactly? Also, looks like Naruto was getting ready to scold Sakura or leave her after Sasuke's comment, which Shadow told the truth after all. Remember he was sitting down, now this scene, he's standing. So yeah, that's confirmed.

- Funny how Naruto got a little scare of Ino approaching him with joy. Interesting to see Sakura reaction for a brief moment when she came to him close. I wonder...

- They skipped AU! Hinata dialogue about Menma. Rats. Oh well, it's funny still. AU! Neji is crazy. Lol.

- Looks like the Hokage's office scene will be fun to watch for us. wink.gif

- Frogs scene seems like good fun. I wish I can see the part when Kakashi goes nuts with Sharingan. I heard it's pretty funny.

- The talk between Minato and Naruto seems like after the big slap.

- AU! Sasuke on the balcony scene seems short. For those who are anti-SS, well at least that's one thing to be happy. Funny, we saw like 80% of Sasuke's scenes.

- Naruto seems to be sadden after the talk with Sakura by the fence. If you slow it down, you can see his eyes were close in a confused feeling before the big explosion.

- Menma should have been in manga. He really sounds like an awesome boss.

- That saturn rasengan is deadly. My god.

- Sakura saying the line of a hero = awesome. Naruto is watching her doing something bravery, but it must be hard for him to watch her get caught by some cloth and soon to be held as hostage.

- Last couple of scenes look awesome. It is confirmed. The place is like the place where Kushina was held in by Tobi. Wow, just wow. It's no doubt it's a parallel now. Hell, he's fighting Kyuubi like Minato would do. Naruto and Menma clash was going to be Minato's Hirashin v.2 reenactment. Too bad we can't see it.

Overall, I am more satisfied now. WHY YOU CAN'T BRING THE MOVIE HERE!!!

P.S. I typed this while listening the theme song of Road to Ninja. It feels like my hype went up again.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 09 August 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#5394 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

So we get to see the scene in which Sakura charges at Menma after her speech of about heroes. Too bad Menma captures her immediately. At least she makes up for it by defending Naruto in the final battle.

It seems we get some additional scenes here and there, but nothing we didn't already know about.

I gotta say, Menma's power is insane. He make a strange rasengan and simply drops it for the whole village to get destroyed. He doesn't even bother to throw it with force, he just lets it fall down. Wow.

#5395 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Aug 9 2012, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Highlight Reels:

- Looks like the Hokage's office scene will be fun to watch for us. wink.gif

I look forward to this scene so much.

Overall, I am more satisfied now. WHY YOU CAN'T BRING THE MOVIE HERE!!!
I'd be fine if they skipped the rest of the unreleased Naruto movies to get to this one in the states.

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Aug 9 2012, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we get to see the scene in which Sakura charges at Menma after her speech of about heroes. Too bad Menma captures her immediately. At least she makes up for it by defending Naruto in the final battle.

Well in her defense, it doesn't look like Naruto did much better prior.

I gotta say, Menma's power is insane. He make a strange rasengan and simply drops it for the whole village to get destroyed. He doesn't even bother to throw it with force, he just lets it fall down. Wow.

Isn't it crazy? And it doesn't even look like they get out of the way of the blast radius. I can't wait to see exactly how Naruto beats him.

So yes... Menma/Broly ki blast.

Also... what the heck is up with the poor animation around the :40 mark with Kakshi, Gai, and Sakura. It looks like it's from a sub-par episode of the tv series. Everything else looks great.

Tenten vs. Hidan looks amazing! Tenten gets some awesome time! YAY!

Darn it. Everytime I see Kushina hugging Naruto I'm all like whatthekitten.gif shamefulcry0js.gif.

I'm looking forward to the family scenes as much as I am NaruSaku moments.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#5396 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Aug 9 2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So yes... Menma/Broly ki blast.

Also... what the heck is up with the poor animation around the :40 mark with Kakshi, Gai, and Sakura. It looks like it's from a sub-par episode of the tv series. Everything else looks great.

Tenten vs. Hidan looks amazing! Tenten gets some awesome time! YAY!

Darn it. Everytime I see Kushina hugging Naruto I'm all like whatthekitten.gif shamefulcry0js.gif.

I'm looking forward to the family scenes as much as I am NaruSaku moments.

Wait........Tenten gets to actually do something, outside of the Rock Lee manga and TV show?
Oh, also, I think it's safe to assume that pretty much EVERYONE on this site is looking forward to the family scenes and Narusaku moments. If you are not then........why are you on a thread about the new Naruto movie IN a Narusaku fan website?

#5397 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Aug 9 2012, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait........Tenten gets to actually do something, outside of the Rock Lee manga and TV show?
Oh, also, I think it's safe to assume that pretty much EVERYONE on this site is looking forward to the family scenes and Narusaku moments. If you are not then........why are you on a thread about the new Naruto movie IN a Narusaku fan website?

Lol.

I couldn't believe that the last battle is like an reenactment of Kyuubi event. Water on the ground, chained-up Sakura, Naruto being the hero, Kyuubi attacks, the rescue bridal style, biggest threat yet (Tobi/Menma), the Minato's Hirashin v.2 reenactment, protect the love one...I think I got my message across everyone in here. Kishi is no doubt a parallel guy with new generation surpassing old. Even Tobi said that he never got hit like that since Minato. Wow. You know how Naruto surpass Minato: He and his lover Sakura live.

WHERE'S A PETITION TO BRING THE MOVIE HERE!?

#5398 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Sakura looked so awesome! wow.png I'm guessing that was when Sakura got kidnapped, given that Naruto wasn't wearing the cloak and looked like he was blocked by debris.

Menma sounded totally different from Naruto -- maybe the mask is supposed to distort the voice, but we'll see...

Thanks so much for the link!
QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Aug 9 2012, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- Funny how Naruto got a little scare of Ino approaching him with joy. Interesting to see Sakura reaction for a brief moment when she came to him close. I wonder...

I think Naruto may have just been weirded out by her change in personality in general. Still it was definitely funny to see!
- The talk between Minato and Naruto seems like after the big slap.

I'm still surprised that Minato hit Naruto at all (though given what he was saying and how reckless he was acting I'd probably slap him if I were his parent - Minato always just seemed so calm - I wonder if real world Minato would have ever hit him?). oh well thats what you get for punching your dad the first time you see him - karmas a b*tch
- AU! Sasuke on the balcony scene seems short. For those who are anti-SS, well at least that's one thing to be happy. Funny, we saw like 80% of Sasuke's scenes.

Its also one of the worse drawn scenes from what we can see of the previews (in terms of animation quality, that scene is definitely down there).
- Naruto seems to be sadden after the talk with Sakura by the fence. If you slow it down, you can see his eyes were close in a confused feeling before the big explosion.

Good point - I think he was likely doing some personal reflection after that discussion with her.
- Sakura saying the line of a hero = awesome. Naruto is watching her doing something bravery, but it must be hard for him to watch her get caught by some cloth and soon to be held as hostage.

It is indeed interesting how the roles are reversed here despite them being from the real world - now it is Naruto helpless on the sidelines while Sakura is throwing herself into danger and being a fearless hero.
- Last couple of scenes look awesome. It is confirmed. The place is like the place where Kushina was held in by Tobi. Wow, just wow. It's no doubt it's a parallel now. Hell, he's fighting Kyuubi like Minato would do. Naruto and Menma clash was going to be Minato's Hirashin v.2 reenactment. Too bad we can't see it.

A thought occurred to me - what if the place where Sakura is brought literally is the same place where Tobi brought Kushina? It can't be that far from the main part of Konoha. Now that would be absolutely mind blowing.
QUOTE (redragon88 @ Aug 9 2012, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She still looked awesome there, imo, given that she was completely fearless and giving heroic lines. She'll just look even more awesome when she saves Naruto!

Menma looks like an absolute boss - effortless.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#5399 Malverstation

Malverstation

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Art<br />Animals-Tigers<br />Fanfictions<br />NaruSaku

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (4000TMNT @ Aug 9 2012, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sakura at 6:19. a_spaz.gif eager.gif

#5400 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Aug 9 2012, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Naruto may have just been weirded out by her change in personality in general. Still it was definitely funny to see!

Yeah, I know. Still, funny.

Its also one of the worse drawn scenes from what we can see of the previews (in terms of animation quality, that scene is definitely down there).

Well, just be glad that scene is like very short. Almost 10 seconds. I always thought it will be like 30 seconds, but barely 10 seconds. I guess it goes to show you how Kishi feels about SasuSaku. Ouch.

Good point - I think he was likely doing some personal reflection after that discussion with her.

He probably feel bad for letting Sakura down for actually liking the illusion. Dammit Naruto. Your girl needs your support.

It is indeed interesting how the roles are reversed here despite them being from the real world - now it is Naruto helpless on the sidelines while Sakura is throwing herself into danger and being a fearless hero.

I love that scene for many reasons. Sakura being the heroine = awesome. Sakura said it in front of Naruo, which I bet he was reminded of himself and how they both deeply cares about their home. And I bet this makes Naruto wakes up further about going back to reality.

A thought occurred to me - what if the place where Sakura is brought literally is the same place where Tobi brought Kushina? It can't be that far from the main part of Konoha. Now that would be absolutely mind blowing.

Oh man, if I see that happening, my mind will blow up. Actually, my mind is already blown up. The parallel is killing me.

She still looked awesome there, imo, given that she was completely fearless and giving heroic lines. She'll just look even more awesome when she saves Naruto!

Hell yeah!

Menma looks like an absolute boss - effortless.

Awesome boss character. Glad that Naruto and Sakura will be the one to witness the epicness. Sheesh, what a date. Get it. laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users