14 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 01:01 AM

The fight is still on going, but since its the end of the year, but as a treat I decided to also do a year synopsis just to show how little has happen in this year focused on battles.

Summary Time: So, chapter 40: The Invisible Justu...is this going to be gushing about Bolt's rasengan again?

Cover page is Cups and Salad.

Where we last left off the kids had decided that they are strong enough to save the person that is suppose to be the world strongest ninja. Now that they have left Naruto's house they bring down that pointless barrier while Shikamaru is pissed wondering what those kids could even think they could hope to accomplish. He wants to find Sasuke to send after them but is informed Sasuke has been beaten up. Sakura has already taken him out of critical condition, but he not coming into this fight.

Now onto the kids and Blacksmith. Nail and Blacksmith banter about how Nail has come to care about Naruto; then he revealed the pot Naruto is in. He throws it to them to taunt them. Apparently only Jenga can undo the seal without killing Naruto. Talking. Nail points out they need to take care of Blacksmith before they can worry about Naruto.

He disappeared while they were talking and then does a Lava style attack which turns out to be acid instead of super heated rock. I do think Lava style having various mode was a thing in Naruto. The pot Naruto is in is in the middle of the acid lake so Nail uses Karma to absorb all of it to save Naruto...why are they other three even here at this point?

I guess Blacksmith launches another acid attack which Bolt absorbs to save Nail. Banter. Hits him with a rasengan. He heals...You know at this point every villain has  to be assumed to have high speed regeneration. They way to get around this is to hit him harder. Nail and Bolt both attack. Then are paralyzed by some dark mist. Since, we are shown blacksmith has some cybernetics that look like an air vent I guess that's where it comes from. Salad wonders what the mist is since he keeps having to preform hand signs to keep it going but karma can't absorb it.

Blacksmith calls bolt the vessel of the effeminate one from his movie. Finally, Cups get involve. He does an attack where he is able to get his snakes to bite Blacksmith but he does something and the venom goes away. He gets weaken by the de-buff. So Salad comes in with a large rock. They retreat, but Blacksmith knows they won't leave without Naruto.

It end with Nail getting pissy about retreating. And Salad saying they need to work together as the basic tenet of the ninja is team work, and calls their group... the revamped team 7...ugh

Chapter 41:The New Team 7...ugh. 

Cover page is Blacksmith. with his evil mist making a skull shape.

The kids talk about what the dark mist could be. And they Nail explains the mechanics of Chakra absorption to make sure Karma doesn't get too bs/op. Karma can absorbs anything that is created by a jutsu, but can't absorb anything the naturally exist which a jutsu is using for an attack. Then nail pulls out his snake that absorbs some of the dark mist and ask Salad to look at it since apparently the sharingan can also be used as a microscope..sigh...she discovers that the dark mist is actually a virus. Which as I guess was made by the...scientific ninja tool air vent on his temples 

So this guy uses acid, water, and virus to fight..I kind of expect that more to be the repertoire an evil scientist or doctor. Not a thug.

Cups decided after figuring that out their group now needs a commander. He elects Salad. I guess they were finally told to try to involve Salad (who is both the love interest and the most popular character they have) more in the plot.

Salad faces off against Blacksmith. they run around while Salad throws fireballs. She get surrounded by the mist then caught. Then hits blacksmith with a fireball. Then punches him. Then Bolt and nail come in. Performing a Rasengan Unison. Which is Nail pouring in chakra to help strength it. Guy gets his head blown off. Turns out Cups was able to make anti-bodies of the virus....somehow. Then Blacksmith regenerate. Oh apparently Blacksmith blood has the antibodies and cups got it when his snake bit him...ok.

The chapter ends with Blacksmith deciding to attack the pot to disrupt their flow. 

So in this year of battles what has happened in this manga:

A fight against mustard 

Nail bonding with Naruto and Bolt.

Kara learns Bolt also has karma.

Karma is related to Tsunade's seal which is related to the Sage of Six path...oh it used to make the host the vessel for a member of kaguya's clan

Jenga defeats both Naruto and Sasuke and we learn he is possessed by a member of Kaguya's clan.

Then this fight with black smith leading to the formation of...the new team seven.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 December 2019 - 08:02 AM.

#2 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:52 AM

Team 7... team 7...

I'm sorry that you going throught those chapters, but thanks for summary.

Basicly this whole manga is a spin-off based around an enemies of cartoony villian who was implented in canon material for a movies spin-off purpose, just imagine how far fetched this whole level of writting is.

#3 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:50 AM

This whole stealing Tsunade's seal and kitten is annoying.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:41 AM

This whole stealing Tsunade's seal and kitten is annoying.

It's more un-creative. It's likely they wanted to do something like Sasuke's curse seal, but decided to do the simple seal design of a diamond...but they forgot that, that's Tsunade and Sakura seal...so they had to make some bs to explain that away.

Team 7... team 7...

I'm sorry that you going through those chapters, but thanks for summary.

Basically, this whole manga is a spin-off based around an enemies of cartoon-y villain who was implented in canon material for a movie's spin-off purpose, just imagine how far fetched this whole level of writing is.

Saw that a month ago and forgot about that...then had to relive the discovery and cringe.

...Yes, the main villains are just Kaguya's family and their cyborg-akatsuki-minions. That is far more interesting then they actually are because other then Cyborg-Ao and Jenga with his nice manners none of them have really been that interesting especially when they are suppose to be this series Akatsuki. Who, if nothing else each one had their own fanbase.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 December 2019 - 07:46 AM.

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:38 AM

What is "blacksmith"'s actual name?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:51 AM

Boro.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 01:10 PM

That guy with the mask that looks like Jiraiya I assume.

Anyway it sure seems uneventful, even with you purposely leaving out small details

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:42 PM

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:47 AM

That guy with the mask that looks like Jiraiya I assume.

Anyway it sure seems uneventful, even with you purposely leaving out small details

No, that's barbarian hair. Koji Kashin

https://vignette.wik...=20171017120332

This is Boro

https://vignette.wik...=20190420062439

I call Boro "Blacksmith" because when I first saw when Kara was introduce. He looked like a generic blacksmith in a European-medieval-fantasy setting told by Japan writer: full beard, middle aged, barrel torso, and so on. Barbarian hair is because his hair and facial structure makes him look like an extra from Vinland Saga; he is off trying to kill Jenga.

I'm not purposely leaving out details. I am doing a broad strokes recap/summary of what's going on with some of my thoughts added in. If people want to see if I'm wrong they can read the chapter itself, and if they want more detail because they don't understand what I wrote they can ask me for clarification. 

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:43 PM

Ah, I must of gotten mixed up, I think I saw the name Boro on the back cover description of one of the volumes somewhere.

Yeah I may have worded that wrong, so apologies. What I mean to say you're summarizing the chapter without delving into the tiny details because that would take up too much space and time, but are giving as much information as concisely and with as little words as possible. However with that information, yeah the story seems very uneventful, all things considered.

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 11:59 AM

Ah, I must of gotten mixed up, I think I saw the name Boro on the back cover description of one of the volumes somewhere.

Yeah I may have worded that wrong, so apologies. What I mean to say you're summarizing the chapter without delving into the tiny details because that would take up too much space and time, but are giving as much information as concisely and with as little words as possible. However with that information, yeah the story seems very uneventful, all things considered.

Wasn't offended but the "purposely" did mean I had to defend myself.

The thing is a lot of this manga is either one of two things conversations, and/or combat.

The conversations are written as generic shounen dialogue as you can get in any shounen manga. Everyone here has read some shounen manga. It shouldn't require more than, "They are talking about X,Y, and Z," and leave it up to your imagination about how the dialogue sounds.

Combat, dull and seems to always take three months to resolve itself. So, all I need to do for that is kind of give a vague play of who is fighting, how they are fighting, what their abilities are, and that should be enough unless people want to read it themselves. 

Beyond that, its add some commentary on how I feel the chapter/event I'm summarizing is...normally, it is awful.

To be honest, I do the broad strokes because most of the information doesn't seem that important to go into detail. Either because its generic and take too much of my time to write down or I seen it so much I don't feel it's important information since it happens so often...like when Naruto turn his chakra cloak on or off because he seems to always have it on when he fights or when those two are turning on karma when the manga isn't going *gasp* they're turning on.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:10 PM

Yeah I understand :smile: Anyway, How long will you wait before the next summary? I get that you only waited 2 months this time because the year is almost over, even though the content is as bland and snail paced as ever 

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 December 2019 - 01:14 PM.

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:49 PM

Yeah I understand :smile: Anyway, How long will you wait before the next summary? I get that you only waited 2 months this time because the year is almost over, even though the content is as bland and snail paced as ever 

"The fight is still on going, but since its the end of the year, but as a treat I decided to also do a year synopsis just to show how little has happen in this year focused on battles."

Normally and from now on, I would have waited for the fight to end before doing the summary because as shown, their is not much going on in these chapter, but since this was the end of the year and this was the touted "Year of Battles." I just wanted to show how little has happened because of the fact that the three battles this year have dragged out.

Since the battle will like end next month. so next month unless this drags out into a four month battle.

#14 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:34 AM

JoJolion in comparing to this reads like a highest form of art.

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 07:03 PM

Because of how seductive Sarada is I bet. :zaru:

"The fight is still on going, but since its the end of the year, but as a treat I decided to also do a year synopsis just to show how little has happen in this year focused on battles."

Normally and from now on, I would have waited for the fight to end before doing the summary because as shown, their is not much going on in these chapter, but since this was the end of the year and this was the touted "Year of Battles." I just wanted to show how little has happened because of the fact that the three battles this year have dragged out.

Since the battle will like end next month. so next month unless this drags out into a four month battle.

I say prepare for that to be the case

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 December 2019 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users