• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#41 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

No I don't mind True.

Especially now that I know what really happens to Jill.

I'm getting this game tomorrow and I plan on playing for hours and hours on end.

uc.png

#42 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

I just came back from getting the game.

I now regret putting school before gaming, as my 360 is a 2 hour flight + 2 hour by car away!! *rage*
Only two more weeks now, and I'll get to play it, lol. I'll ignore this thread until then!

#43 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

^Hehe I look forward to when you go home during your Easter break then! wow.png

I just picked up my copy an hour ago. I'm going to go to my parents house later and play it on their HD wide screen. Really looking forward to it!

#44 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

I'm still gonna wait till I have money to get this. XD

#45 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

This game was all I expected to be. Good and overall fun.

It surpasses RE4 in storytelling and graphics not to mention in the partner department.

If you have an Xbox360/PS3 and you're not a total wuss , you need to get this game.

Also...

Kijuju.

#46 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

Uh..it's not too scary is it? It's just a slightly more suspenseful...Dead Rising?? Though, I just might buy it for that new, hot villainess....

#47 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:17 AM

This game is ****ing awesome!

uc.png

#48 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:19 AM

Not so much scary as suspense, shadow.

Some parts will make you jump, yes, but the enemies are relatively easy to pick off.

#49 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:16 AM

Finished.

The game wasn't scary. It was...total action-gore style. Parts that make you jump? More parts that make you laugh. Worm-monsters and Kijuju.

RE5's spoilers --Click here to view--
Ending was sour , ended without any cliffhangers and the Jill parts were short.

The monsters were based from tentacles and spaghetti monster.

The AI was stupid and obnoxious.

The bosses were repetitive and the game was overall easy.

The 2nd suits are crap. The Safari costume for Chris makes him look like a german colourblind tourist , meanwhile Sheva looks like wee bit...'free' in clothing.

Taking away the negative points...

The game's storyline and flashbacks were well done. Locations seems to be ripped-off from RE4 but it's still a breath of fresh air seeing that zombies can use AK-47's. And kill you in a blink of an eye if you're not careful.

#50 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

For anyone who's interested....

"Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi has hinted to Resident Evil 6 in an interview with 1Up by stating that RE6 will be a complete reboot."

So, hopefully remakes of RE 1 and 2 using current-gen technology? With no lame-ass camera angles?

Or just start off with a brand new story? They still have a few topics to wrap up.

Edited by Cloud, 15 March 2009 - 07:18 PM.

#51 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

As long as it's not a complete horror FEAR like game, I might pick it up...yes, I'm a complete pansy

#52 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

Believe me. RE5 got nothing on FEAR in terms of horror. You'll be able to enjoy it without cringing to your seat and well, shoot some zombies in the head.

#53 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 15 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For anyone who's interested....

"Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi has hinted to Resident Evil 6 in an interview with 1Up by stating that RE6 will be a complete reboot."

So, hopefully remakes of RE 1 and 2 using current-gen technology? With no lame-ass camera angles?

Or just start off with a brand new story? They still have a few topics to wrap up.

I hope he's joking because as you said there are still loose ends in the RE storyline.

uc.png

#54 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

Lots of loose ends. =__="

#55 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:51 AM

I've never really found the Resident Evil's to be all that scary. Which is why it surprises me that so many people lately deride 4 and now 5. Sure, 4 didn't have you scrounging for ammo, but that was suspense, not scary. Most of the "scariness" of the previous games was more along the lines of suspense. 4 Still managed to keep the suspense up.

To me, scary stuff isn't just about things jumping out in front of you when you least expect it, but I guess some people really miss that part of the old games.

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Mar 15 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Believe me. RE5 got nothing on FEAR in terms of horror. You'll be able to enjoy it without cringing to your seat and well, shoot some zombies in the head.

Yeah, F.E.A.R. has some generally freaky images. I barely flinched at most of what I've seen so far (I'm actually playing it now), but I've got a sterner stomach for horror than a lot of people. Some of the stuff is still generally freaky.
bd5.jpg

#56 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

Haha, the old RE games were good for jump moments.

AKA: The dogs popping in the goddamn window while you were exploring a hallway in RE1.

Or, that door in RE2, opening it made zombies pop into an otherwise safe room.

#57 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 16 2009, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, the old RE games were good for jump moments.

AKA: The dogs popping in the goddamn window while you were exploring a hallway in RE1.

That one was great. I swear I needed a new pair of trousers the first time that happened. It even manages to startle you a bit on repeat plays, despite knowing it's coming.

Or, that door in RE2, opening it made zombies pop into an otherwise safe room.

Haha. I think that was the only time in the Resident Evil franchise where zombies could somehow end up in a save room.

That actually reminds me, I remember it being toted that Resident Evil 2 was going to have enemies, like the zombies, follow you to different rooms. Never happened except for that instance in the save room you mentioned right there and that wasn't even the real deal. It was such a letdown, because I remember strongly believing that had the potential to be freaky as hell. Probably one of the many changes made during the games development cycle.

Nemesis is the only baddie I can remember that would follow you into different rooms; and even with him that was limited.

Edited by dl316bh, 16 March 2009 - 10:49 AM.

bd5.jpg

#58 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

The gamecube version of RE1 is gotta to be the most scary.

SPIDERS CAN BREAK DOWN WALLS.

" OH YEAHHHH I'M GOING TO MAKE YOUR CARCASS FILLED WITH WEBS! "

Also when you kill a regular zombie he can mutate to a Crimson Claw ( Or whatever ) and KILL YOU easily. Man do I love having all odds against me.

Still speaking of RE5 , did anyone notice on the final fight....CHRIS MOVED THE ROCK BY PUNCHING IT AND RAMMING IT AND HEAD BUTTING IT?! Dude screw exercise. I'll be having what he's having. And then they say Wesker is overpowered. YEAHHHH RIGHT

#59 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:11 PM

currently going through the game on two-player, while on Veteran, its a hard and slow process...

#60 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Mar 15 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RE5's spoilers --Click here to view--
Ending was sour , ended without any cliffhangers and the Jill parts were short.

The monsters were based from tentacles and spaghetti monster.

The AI was stupid and obnoxious.

The bosses were repetitive and the game was overall easy.

The 2nd suits are crap. The Safari costume for Chris makes him look like a german colourblind tourist , meanwhile Sheva looks like wee bit...'free' in clothing.

Taking away the negative points...

The game's storyline and flashbacks were well done. Locations seems to be ripped-off from RE4 but it's still a breath of fresh air seeing that zombies can use AK-47's. And kill you in a blink of an eye if you're not careful.

YAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA B:<

I

... pretty much agree on everything xDD

The ending made me WANT more. Sure it was all happy and stuff, but games like RE arent' supposed to end that way... usually they leave open something and always add ambiguity to something... SADLY THO RE5 YOU REBEL rawr.gif

Nobody I thought that was going to die died, everyone i thought would die did, and Wesker .... WORST DEATH EVAR. Seriously. IS IT OVER?! D: IT CAN'T BE CANNIT? they never left any open ends! No glasses floating (lawl lava) no hand bursting out of the grave (like the Shredder) NOTHING :<

RE Jill: Same here! I wanted more Jill Sammich ;-; whenever she wapish wapish'd Chrissy to go on without her I was groaning at the fail. YOU'RE FRIGGIN JILL, JILL! You should be able to join with the group! DOODE c'mon i had a gun to spare jeez xDDD Though I AM happy that she's alive and well biggrin.gif though I hope she goes all crazy lady on Chris when they're dating wow.png HOW FAWNY AMIRITE

RE monsters: BWAHAHHAHA omnomnom spagetti. I was sadfais'd to find the only fun bosses were EL Gigante and Del Lago :[ Tho the upside were the infected villagers (THEY WERE SNEAKYYYYY) and the doggies. D'AWWW THE DOGGIES SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF MEEEE wow.png specially those giantabulous ones... brrr

RE bosses: I agree to an extent XDD Like I said before, I liked the 1st pov they provided with mister el gigante 8D

RE suits: LOLOLOL i didn't even try to get them, i saw previews of em and i definitely was turned off >u> wtf Sheva YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A BADASS ZOMBIE KILLING MASHEEN NOT A HORISH ZOMBIE HUMPING MACHEEN 111193.gif

something you didn't mention was the writing... it made me lol XD but eh i didn't expect much; the writing in RE is usually bad X]

but all in all, i too will wax off the grime and conclude I enjoyed it too BD

also on the topic of the most freakiest, I think it boils down to either the first ones or the RE4 they never released.

man, i wish they had.. :[

QUOTE (Yaka)
Still speaking of RE5 , did anyone notice on the final fight....CHRIS MOVED THE ROCK BY PUNCHING IT AND RAMMING IT AND HEAD BUTTING IT?! Dude screw exercise. I'll be having what he's having. And then they say Wesker is overpowered. YEAHHHH RIGHT

DOODE I SAW DAT D:

i made my sister do it once so i could see him PUSH A BOULDER BY HIMSELF WITH NOTHING BUT HIS GINORMOUS SWEATY ARMS. *O*

i think that's the only reason why they beefed him up XDDD it certainly didn't appeal to us wimmunfolk t_t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users