• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#41 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Orenji @ Dec 29 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I think not. He's been struggling to keep up with Sasuke, fer sure, but I think he pretty much topped everyone else XD.
And not too fast, just... it would take away all the good ol' Naruto-ness.

He can't be an underdog forever, especially if he wants to be Hokage.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 30 December 2008 - 03:43 AM.

uc.png

#42 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Dec 29 2008, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To everyone else that says Naruto has become too powerful too fast you apparently haven't been reading Part 2, for a majority of Part 2 Naruto has been struggling to keep up with everyone especially Sasuke. After all of that bs if anyone deserves a Super Saiyan-like powerup it's him.

:thumbs: Thank you.

On a side note, I read on another forum someone had the idea that the scroll Naruto is holding could contain a clone "being perfectly still" in order to absorb natural energy. I like that idea better than what I thought at first, that he's just going to carry it around like Jiraiya did.

On a second side note, shouldn't the two shinobi from thunder country/villiage be showing up any time now?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#43 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:51 AM

I think that no matter what Naruto does, he's still the underdog. Only if you look at it because of his harsh past. Though he's not because everyone in the village is starting to realize that Naruto will always come out on top. Sooo, I guess its the way you look at it? I dont know, I'm not making sense and way off topic! Sorry!

Whats this rumor about another chapter?

#44 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Dec 29 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To everyone else that says Naruto has become too powerful too fast you apparently haven't been reading Part 2, for a majority of Part 2 Naruto has been struggling to keep up with everyone especially Sasuke. After all of that bs if anyone deserves a Super Saiyan-like powerup it's him.

Amen

#45 Wandering Fox

Wandering Fox

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 29 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:thumbs: Thank you.

On a side note, I read on another forum someone had the idea that the scroll Naruto is holding could contain a clone "being perfectly still" in order to absorb natural energy. I like that idea better than what I thought at first, that he's just going to carry it around like Jiraiya did.

On a second side note, shouldn't the two shinobi from thunder country/villiage be showing up any time now?

I think a more logical explanation would be that it's just a scroll. More than likely he simply went into sage mode prior to the reverse summon, and simply hasn't deactivated it.

#46 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

talk about naruto surpassing minato. not only does he get froggy powers with their insta frog body flicker froggyness but stands on two giant frogs when entering battle. not one, but two. because one giant frog pedestal isn't good enough.

#47 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:22 AM

Was I the only one thinking....

NARUTO-CON......

PAAAAAAAAWNCH?

[YES!]

#48 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Dec 29 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He can't be an underdog forever, especially if he wants to be Hokage.

Quoted for truth.

#49 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:09 AM

It's nice to see how much Naruto's improved because of his sage training. His fight with Pain should be very good.

Also, this is the first time that Sakura actually gets to see Naruto fight, right? I'm sure she'll be in awe.

#50 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Dec 30 2008, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's nice to see how much Naruto's improved because of his sage training. His fight with Pain should be very good.

Also, this is the first time that Sakura actually gets to see Naruto fight, right? I'm sure she'll be in awe.

Sakura's seen him fight a bunch of times. During the Chuunin exam he fought Orochimaru, Neji, Kiba. And in part two his fight with Orochimaru where he popped 4 tails. Just naming those off the top of my head.

BTW F-ing Awesome chapter! I can tell where Kishi gets his Anime/Manga roots from. ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#51 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

Heh...nice. I totally think Naruto's started to become the ninja we all wanted him to be. Tsunade seems to realize something like that too, and it was kinda nice to see her visualize him as a combination of his father and teacher. While I agree that Pain was exhausted from his last attack, Naruto was training non-stop as well. I think that both are on equal terms as of now, what with Ma, Pa, and the summons on Naruto's side at least.

Let's sit back and see what happens. Something tells me that we'll be seeing some NaruSaku soon as well.

#52 narusakuluv

narusakuluv

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

Naruto
Sakura
Need I say more? narusakuct7.gif

Honestly, I'm glad that Naruto is shown being awesome, because the last time we saw something amazing from him was when he defeated Kakuzu, which was 90 chapters ago. It was released sometime in August LAST YEAR.
I think it's okay that Naruto defeated that body of Pein so easily. We don't know all the knew abilities he's gained from mastering Sage mode, so we can't assume that it's completely ridiculous. Also, as stated before, Pein did just blow up an entire Village, something that we know took a heavy toll on his health, so he's probably pretty tired.
Avatar from the amazing Natsumi's The Uneasy Question Sequel

#53 Kieru

Kieru

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Dec 30 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura's seen him fight a bunch of times. During the Chuunin exam he fought Orochimaru, Neji, Kiba. And in part two his fight with Orochimaru where he popped 4 tails. Just naming those off the top of my head.

BTW F-ing Awesome chapter! I can tell where Kishi gets his Anime/Manga roots from. ^^

The only fight you listed that he was impressive in was was his fight with Neji, and that was at the end of the fight. Also, Sakura didn't see KN vs. Oro.

This is the first time Sakura will see 'Will of Fire Naruto' fight.

Edited by Kieru, 30 December 2008 - 04:47 PM.

#54 believeit6

believeit6

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Well, I love NaruSaku. That's why I'm here, of course. NaruSaku is da bomb! They look so great eachother and just complete eachother. I love the Naruto series too, as well as some other animes.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

About all the people who said he was too fast and Asura should have seen that coming, Asura did apretty stupid move in the first place. The pains could see from eachothers eyes, so if they were spread out then any attacks from behind would be seen. But in this scene all of them are right next to eachother. So they are all basically seeing the same thing. I love the coment on Konan as 'post-it girl.'

Sakura should definately have a talk about his fasion sense. She could get one of those color wheels and everything:

Sakura: As you can see, red obviously doesn't go with orange.

Naruto: Uhh, what?

That would be great. I like Naruto's super saiyan power up, it's quite epic. He learned sage mode, which is incredibly powerful. Hey, I think this is the best thing Kishimoto did through all of part two.

NaruSaku Fan|Narutofan|True Believer|FF.net

#55 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Kieru @ Dec 30 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only fight you listed that he was impressive in was was his fight with Neji, and that was at the end of the fight. Also, Sakura didn't see KN vs. Oro.

This is the first time Sakura will see 'Will of Fire Naruto' fight.

Well lets see, I'm trying to understand what you consider 'impressive,' because from my knowledge no one thought Naruto would even win the fights he did win. Orochimaru excluded. Also holding back a 50 foot snake with a Kunai and your bare hands is pretty damn impressive, at least that's what I think. Once again Naruto's 'Will of fire' as you like to put it, was demonstrated with his Neji fight. So again, Sakura's seen him fight plenty of times, now if you're talking about her gushing all over the place because of Naruto's apparent 'Awesomeness' then that's something entirely different.

#56 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

That was really good. This is the Naruto chapter I've been waiting for since the start of Part 2.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#57 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (believeit6 @ Dec 30 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About all the people who said he was too fast and Asura should have seen that coming, Asura did apretty stupid move in the first place. The pains could see from eachothers eyes, so if they were spread out then any attacks from behind would be seen. But in this scene all of them are right next to eachother. So they are all basically seeing the same thing. I love the coment on Konan as 'post-it girl.'

Such a thing would be more defensible, but for the tendency of Naruto super-villains to suffer from stroke-level brain farts almost every time they fight, especially in Part 2. Remember Kakuzu?

Quoted for truth.

I disagree. Ed's argument is essentially the equivalent of "it's not fair." That Sasuke's or anyone else's power-up occured too quickly or were just plain unreleastic doesn't justify making the same error again just to even things out. That Naruto was way behind doesn't make his progress anymore releastic nor does the fact that Sasuke got a the Mangekyou they way he did (which I think made no sense). Making the same error again doesn't make up for the previous one. By your logic, Sakura is entitled to one no matter how she obtains it or what it is so that she doesn't look to weak or too far behind.

Things like this are why I don't like the Kage Bunshin training method. There is no limit and Naruto can use it ad nausem, to the extent that I fear that by the end of the series Naruto and Sasuke's abilities will be so disproportiate to everyone else that the only ninja capbable of beating them are themselves, just like the Super Saiyins were.

One thing I loved about Part 1 is that Kishimoto left the impression (in the first arc at least) that even though Jounin were very skilled ninja, a genin was still capable of beating them if they were careless . There was definite ability gap, but nothing that ever seemed insurmountable. The more Kishimoto ups the ante power wise the less true this seems to be.

#58 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Dec 30 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Such a thing would be more defensible, but for the tendency of Naruto super-villains to suffer from stroke-level brain farts almost every time they fight, especially in Part 2. Remember Kakuzu?

I disagree. Ed's argument is essentially the equivalent of "it's not fair." That Sasuke's or anyone else's power-up occured too quickly or were just plain unreleastic doesn't justify making the same error again just to even things out. That Naruto was way behind doesn't make his progress anymore releastic nor does the fact that Sasuke got a the Mangekyou they way he did (which I think made no sense). Making the same error again doesn't make up for the previous one. By your logic, Sakura is entitled to one no matter how she obtains it or what it is so that she doesn't look to weak or too far behind.

Things like this are why I don't like the Kage Bunshin training method. There is no limit and Naruto can use it ad nausem, to the extent that I fear that by the end of the series Naruto and Sasuke's abilities will be so disproportiate to everyone else that the only ninja capbable of beating them are themselves, just like the Super Saiyins were.

One thing I loved about Part 1 is that Kishimoto left the impression (in the first arc at least) that even though Jounin were very skilled ninja, a genin was still capable of beating them if they were careless . There was definite ability gap, but nothing that ever seemed insurmountable. The more Kishimoto ups the ante power wise the less true this seems to be.

Nate I understand what you're trying to say but generally speaking, this is pretty typical in these types of Manga. I mean it happens in Dragon Ball, it happens in Bleach. It's just something that comes with the territory sometimes.

#59 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 29 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... Where did they go? XD
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#60 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

I think personally, the fight I would like her to have seen, or to in some fashion get more detail about would be the Naruto Gaara fight.

in that fight Naruto goes all out to save her life, and while Sasuke in one of his rare moments gave naruto full credit for it. I dont think shes ever found out just how far he trully pushed himself for her.

Id lvoe for her to find out or have it explained to her by someone knowledgable like temari or someone who witnessed it jsut how far he went for her, and how powerful he was then.

And all of it was for her narusakuct7.gif

Edited by catsi563, 30 December 2008 - 07:47 PM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users