• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#21 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:17 AM

Wow.. amazing! :thumbs: I'm glad I had a chance to read that, it was definitely worth it. happy.gif

#22 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:52 AM

=^..^= thank you glad you enjoyed, shoudl ahve chapter 9 up soon too.

Edited by catsi563, 25 April 2008 - 04:52 AM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#23 merschdust

merschdust

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

Good job. I enjoy the way the story is flowing. I can't wait for the next chapter.

#24 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:19 PM

Chapter 9: formation Ino-Shika-Cho

In your eyes

A NaruSaku story

Chapter 9: Formation Ino-Shika-Cho

“Kill him now Kyojin so we can leave with our prize.” Came Shirakou’s lazy reply

“With pleasure.” Rumbled the giant as he raised a massive fist, and brought it down in a crushing blow.

It never connected though as Naruto jerked to the side barely avoiding the impact which would have crushed his skull. Instead Naruto suddenly on his feet reversed direction and ran right at Shirakou. A swirl of chakra mixed with a wind like howl as he used both hands to form a more powerful Fuuton-Rasengan. Snarling in rage Naruto drove the devastating technique towards the former Kumo-Nin with the full intent of cutting the man in half.

But Kyojin intervened once again. The stone giant reached out and grabbed Naruto’s right arm, and with a violent twist that elicited an agonized yell; broke the bones in it dissipating the technique. Then with a causal ease Kyojin brutally slammed him into the ground as if he were a sack of potatoes leaving yet another impact crater.

For any other ninja this would have been the telling blow; but Naruto had long surpassed other Shinobi; he never gave up and he sure as hell wasn’t going to start now. He had someone precious to protect now, more then precious she was his life, his heart, his very soul, and he’d be damned to hell before he allowed her to come to harm. He couldn’t give up, he wouldn’t give up. He’d fought monsters, and mad men, and best friends to keep her safe, and to win her love; and there was no way he going to die before he told her what was in his heart. He’d made a promise of a lifetime to always be with her, and to always make her happy no matter what. He never went back on his word; that was his Nindo. So he reached up through the agony and one limb at a time his body screaming in protest; he stood, and faced his tormentors one more time.

“We…” he coughed up a lungful of blood “Were not done yet.” He snarled through his severely abused windpipe.

The voice caused all three Nuke-Nin to turn and gape in wide eyed surprise as he stood up and got into a fighting stance.

“You’ll pay for hurting Sakura-Chan.” He snarled out the intensity in his eyes undimmed despite the intense pain he was in.

“I cant believe it, its impossible” Kyojin was literally dumbfounded at the sight of the devastated Konoha-Nin in front of him, standing on two unsteady legs with a broken arm, coughing up blood and glaring at them like they were the ones in trouble.

“Ahh me; Naruto-kun you are truly full of surprises.” Shirakou purred appreciatively “Unfortunately I don’t think I shall get to see the special technique that you used against Kakuzu, and the leader of Akatsuki.” He lamented

“Kyojin, Tsume, Kill him now!!” he commanded in a tone that brooked no disobedience.

The rogues moved forwards with lethal intent. Kyojin balled up his massive fists ready to crush the smaller blond shinobi. Tsume created her ice sword and advanced eager for the kill. Naruto stood their waiting for the hits to come as his brain raced through plans trying desperately to come up with something; anything that would give him a chance.

“Now you DIE!!” Kyojin roared as he swung his crushing fist with lethal intent.

Tsume merely laughed that annoying high pitched maniacal laugh of hers, as she swung her sword ready to freeze, and slay.

Naruto just looked on sadly his body was betraying him right now; he was too weak to dodge and he didn’t know if he could survive what was coming. He saw the blows and the last thought that ran through his mind brought a tear to his eye. “Sorry Sakura-Chan looks like I won’t be able to fly for you after all.”

He closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable; only to find that the blows weren’t coming after all.

“Well this is certainly anticlimactic.” he mused

Then he opened his eyes as Kyojin started cursing up a storm, his massive fist suspended just inches from Naruto’s bruised and battered face. Tsume he noted was similarly frozen in place a shocked look on her icy features.

“What the hell is going on?” Kyojin tried to look around but found he couldn’t move at all.

Shirakou and Tsume were similarly held, and both cursed inwardly as a familiar voice said in a mild lazy drawl.

“Kage Mane no Jutsu Successful.” Came the voice of one Shikamaru Nara

-ooOoo-

Sakura was cold; very, very cold. She lay in what could only be described as a winter wasteland of snow and ice, and bitter winds that lashed her body and called for her to sleep forever.

“Naruto?” she called out even though her voice seemed to be blown away by the winds. “Where are you Naruto? I need you.” She sobbed softly.

She felt like she had been laying their for hours when her rational mind told her it couldn’t have been more then a few minutes at best. When suddenly in front of her stood a figure that she could barely make out in the snow flurries that obscured her vision. A small flash of orange caught her attention though and she reached out for the shadow.

“Naruto!!” she screamed but again her voice was lost to the winds.

The figure gestured towards her beckoning her closer. But she didn’t rise, she couldn’t it was just too cold.

“Naruto I’m sorry I cant its too cold.” She sobbed softly

“bullsh**!!”A loud familiar voice shouted in her ear startling her. “Is this what you promised him? Is this how you act when it gets tough?”The voice scolded her mercilessly.

“Get up now!! Don’t you dare lay there and die. How dare you profess your undying love for him and then lay down and die on him like this.” The voice drilled into her ears causing her to open her eyes wide to find that she was looking at herself.

Inner Sakura was standing over her with her arms akimbo, fists on her hips, and an angry glare in her eyes.

“I said get up!!” She raged “You fought so hard to get to this point, and to let some Snow witch take it all away from you is just pathetic. If you die now how can you call yourself a woman? Maybe we don’t deserve Naruto if this is how we react to adversity” Inner Sakura harrumphed indignantly.

“Its hard… it’s so cold…” She thought but slowly she started to pull herself to her feet.

“Sure it’s hard; it’s not supposed to be easy. If it were easy then we’d still be chasing after Sasuke-Kun wouldn’t we?” Her inner chastised her with some contempt spilling out

“We’d still be the delicate little cherry blossom, Sasuke’s biggest fangirl, Naruto’s crush. We’d never have the courage to see our Naruto for what he truly was.” Her inner dramatically posed as she bit out the words her contempt rising.

“No!! Dammit! I’m not like that any more!!” Sakura snarled and took a staggering step forward before collapsing to one knee.

“Oh really; Then prove it!! Get up and go to him right now!!” She pointed to the orange blur that was waving at her in the distance.

Sakura again pushed to her feet and started walking. Slowly but with greater certainty, one foot in front of the other as she staggered through the snowdrifts of her mindscape towards the orange blur that was her life and salvation all in one.

-ooOoo-

“You!!” Shirakou snarled in anger his normally lazy facade dropping momentarily to reveal a nastier side. “How did you three find us!!”

“It was troublesome I’ll grant you that.” the shadow user concentrated as he held the three fast.

“After we lost your trail in the Rock country, and then lost it again on the border of Grass country we were a little stumped. But when we received word of unusual lighting activity near here; we knew it had to be you three up to your usual tricks again.” Shikamaru explained as if bored but a close observer could tell he was anything but.

“You can’t hold me with this stupid shadow trick of yours for long!!” Snarled Kyojin

“Nope I can’t.” Admitted Shikamaru with a smirk “But fortunately I don’t need to, that’s what he’s here for.

“Bubun Baika no Jutsu!” came a yell from behind him and suddenly two massive hands wrapped themselves around Kyojin’s body holding him as immobile as the shadow was.

“Naruto!” Ino yelled in concern as said blond staggered forwards and collapsed in a heap.

Ino leapt down and scooped him up on her shoulder before jumping backwards. She was concerned enough as it was by Sakura’s condition, but Naruto looked even worse for the wear. She quickly applied her own healing techniques, and tried to bring him back from the brink.

“Hang in there Naruto everything’s gonna be ok now.” She smiled at him as he smiled back at her gratefully

“And now that he’s safe, I can say it; Formation Ino-Shika-Cho Successful!” Shikamaru smirked triumphantly

Now let me reintroduce you to another technique you three are familiar with. Kage Kubi Shibari no Jutsu”

Three shadowy hands started working their way slowly up the rogue’s bodies towards their necks. Tsume’s eyes widened as she felt a pressure on her throat which started to increase. Shirakou began gathering chakra he knew he only had short moments before they were all choked out by the Nara special technique, Kyojin would last the longest he knew; but even he still needed air to breathe.

“Give it up you can’t get away this time.” Shikamaru felt the gathering chakra surge from Shirakou. He concentrated harder willing the shadow hands to squeeze their throats faster.

“I disagree. I know how to beat your technique now Shadow user.” Shirakou smirked dangerously “You use chakra to control the shadows, but that link goes both ways doesn’t it?”

Shikamaru’s eyes widened but before he could react or warn Choji; Shirakou channeled a massive burst of electricity through his body and into the chakra pathway created by the Shadow Bind technique. Shikamaru released it barely in time to avoid the worst but still managed to get a nasty shock for his troubles.

Poor Choji though took the brunt of the charge as Shirakou whipped out a steel wire and wrapped it around the Akimichi’s oversized fist before charging it with a high voltage burst. Kyojin took some of it as well but his stone armor wasn’t as conductive as Choji’s flesh was.

Kyojin used the release of Choji’s grip to smash a brutal right hand into the Akimichi’s midsection causing all the air to Whoosh out of his lungs as he catapulted backwards stunned by the force.

Tsume retaliated with a flurry of hand signs and a shouted Jutsu “Hyouton Bitter Freeze Ray”

A ball of icy chakra appeared between her palms and then leapt forward in a blue white beam that sliced across the landscape. Everything the beam touched it froze leaving the area coated in ice. Ino saw the beam approaching Shikamaru who rolled behind a tree narrowly avoiding it.

Naruto though was still barely able to move, and wouldn’t be so lucky she noted. So Ino did the only thing she could do at the time. “You better treat him good Sakura.” She thought as she covered the blond shinobi with her own body taking the freezing beam across the back.

“INO!!” Naruto and Shikamaru yelled out as the platinum blond was frozen in place. Shikamaru was dumbstruck as he saw his friend turned into an ice cube right before his eyes. Naruto though was shocked beyond comprehension.

“Ino…? Why? Why for me?” The thought ran through his head several times as he gently cradled the frozen girl in his arms before laying her down safely on the ground. Shikamaru rapidly made his way over to them to check on her. Naruto though was beginning to boil over.

He could feel himself shaking as the Kyubi roared, and tried to pull him inside its cage so it could take over and destroy everything it could see. As he started to slip between the bars of the cage though he looked back, and saw a pink haired figure reaching for him a look of pure love on her beautiful face. It was all he needed to save himself. He grabbed the bars and held on for dear life. He roared within the bounds of his mindscape as loud as the Demon Fox itself.

“Destroy them Naruto!! Take my power and avenge your friends!!” The Kyubi roared shaking the walls of its cage as Naruto pulled himself further out of the fox’s grasp.

“No!! Not that way!! If I do then everyone dies, and I swore to Sakura-Chan I’d never use you again!!” He snapped back and slowly but steadily he pulled himself back. Back through the bars, back away from the rage, back away from the demon that threatened all of his precious people. Back towards the pink haired beauty that promised salvation in her beautiful emerald eyes from his pain and rage.

Shikamaru. TSume, Shirakou and Kyojin all watched in morbid fascination as for the briefest of moments a malevolent red chakra bubbled, boiled and popped as it spread from his body but then just as a tail started to form it dissipated then leaving the blond Shinobi on his hands and knees breathing heavily as if he’d just fought a massive battle.

None of them noticed the ice holding Sakura beginning to crack.

-ooOoo-

Sakura had been walking for what seemed like hours. Tears were streaming down her face though as the pain and exertion kept trying to drag her down. She steadfastly refused to give up though as she trudged through the snow drifts. At the top of one of the higher drifts a gust of wind caught her and she stumbled and fell rolling down to the base of the drift. As she tried to pick herself up she found the cold almost overwhelming. The heart break was even worse though as the orange figure seemed to fade briefly almost as if it were disappointed in her.

“Still lying down huh?” Inner Sakura scolded standing over her.

“Theirs nothing more I can do…” Sakura cried again; the cold beginning to seep back into her limbs.

“Sure there is. Remember that time when Tsunade-Shisou called you into the office because she said she couldn’t train us any more?” Her Inner knelt down beside her and actually smiled genuinely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura walked into the Hokage’s office early in the morning eager to begin her training. It had been almost a year since Naruto had left and she had gotten stronger so much stronger.

“Can you feel it Naruto? I’m going to keep my promise. The Next time well get Sasuke-Kun back together. I won’t be a burden for you ever again” she thought resolutely. She looked out the window and sighed a little wondering where in the world her best friend was.

She knocked politely on the door and smoothed her red dress a little. She looked askance at it and sighed. It was getting a little ragged around the edges. She’d have to replace it someday she thought ruefully. Besides that dress reminded her of a person and a time she wasn’t really proud of.

“You look great Sakura-Chan” Naruto’s voice trumpeted in her mind followed by a memory of his bright smile that always made her feel warm and happy.

She chuckled inwardly “Maybe Ill stop and get that vest and those boots I saw in the store. Then I’ll really surprise him when he gets back.” She laughed to herself and found herself blushing at the thought of his possible reactions. Her thoughts were interrupted as a strong female voice came through the door.

“Come in Sakura.” Spoke the Godaime-Hokage

Entering the office she stood to attention and chirped a sharp “Good morning Tsunade-Shisou.”

“Sakura Sit down I have something important to tell you.” She directed her apprentice to one of the chairs.

“What is it Shisou?” Sakura spoke worriedly.

She felt a cold chill slide through her heart and wondered if something had happened to Naruto. But Tsunade didn’t seem upset she seemed relaxed and even happy if anything.

“Sakura I asked you here instead of the training grounds to tell you that I cant train you any more.” She spoke clearly and with a hint of pride in her voice.

Sakura though was thunderstruck. She wouldn’t be trained any more, but what about her promise to Naruto. She thought of the smiling Shinobi, and her heart broke as tears spilled down her face.

“B-B-but Why!!” she stuttered doing her best to keep her heart together and failing miserably. “Haven’t I worked hard enough, haven’t I done everything you asked?” She pleaded plaintively tears now falling freely.

“Please you’ve got to train me!!” She stood now her fists balling as she tried to stop her tears. She’d promised she wouldn’t be a crybaby any more she’d be strong like he was.” Ive got to be strong for Naruto; I promised him.”

Tsunade was unmoved though she smirked with a knowing smile. “So you’re not giving up then?”

Sakura shook her head and held her ground under the Hokage’s steely glare.

“Well then I can’t train you any more Sakura.” She held up her hand to silence her apprentice’s protests “Sakura I can’t train you because you’ve already learned everything I have to teach you.”

Sakura’s eyes were wide as dinner plates, She was shocked their simply had to be more. Six months of medical training interspersed with physical conditioning then the last 6 months combining summoning training with learning Tsunade-Shisou’s Iron Fist Tai-Jutsu, and Chakra body control techniques. More their simply had to be more.

Tsunade seemed to read her mind and shook her head as she sat down on the desk near Sakura who had sank back in her chair at the revelation.

“Sakura; Let me tell you something about the “”Legendary Sannin.”” She said the title with a disdainful smirk. “Of the three of us they say that Orochimaru is the most powerful of us, and that Jiraiya is the weakest, and that I’m the one with the most knowledge.” She intoned as reciting from memory.

Sakura said nothing but nodded in agreement. That was as she remembered the legend going.

“Well what if I told you that was totally wrong?” she asked with a sly grin. Which turned into a full fledged smile at her apprentice’s shocked look.

“The truth is that Orochimaru is the one with the most knowledge. He’s spent years, decades even; accumulating every known Jutsu and developing numerous others.” Sakura shuddered as a memory of the Snake Sannin ran through her mind.

“As for me; well I’m the one with the least knowledge of the three. I just apply it extremely well. I’m actually moderately weak at Genjutsu. Though I’m really strong at Tai-Jutsu,; plus my medical knowledge and ability to channel my chakra into my physical and mental abilities is exceptional.” Sakura had a brief memory of learning Tsunade’s superhuman strength.

Then her eyes widened as she realized where Tsunade was heading. “But that means Jiraiya-Sama is the most powerful?” she blurted out incredulously.

“Yep; that’s right.” Her face turned stern “Though if you mention it too anyone especially him or Naruto; I’ll deny everything.” She smiled suddenly and Sakura couldn’t help but laugh.

“So you see Sakura I’ve quite literally taught you everything I ever knew.” Tsunade smiled proudly at her. “And to be frank I’m truly amazed that you picked it all up as fast as you have. It took Shizune over a year of study just to get halfway to where you are now with just the medical knowledge alone, much less the Chakra healing Jutsus. Hell it took me over 6 months to summon a single slug the size of a cat. You’re already able to summon one that size in half the time it took me.”

“So what’s next Shisou?” Sakura asked feeling proud at her master’s compliment but also a little unnerved at the implications.

“Now Sakura; You surpass me.” Sakura’s eyes widened at that. “Now you take what I taught you and make it your own, create your own unique Jutsu, and skills. The only thing you don’t come close to me in is experience using those skills; but you well before were done. You’ll find your own way, and when you do you’ll surpass me…”

“And then?” Sakura asked?

“And then…” Tsunade paused and smiled a genuine smile at her apprentice. “You’ll write your own legend”

That smile carried her through the next year and half of hard work and training until the day a certain blond Shinobi came back to Konoha, and smiled at her again causing her heart to race and her face to blush prettily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Now get up, and lets go make our own legend.” Inner Sakura urged her onward.

“Yeah Sakura that’s the girl I put my confidence in!!”

“I won’t fail you Naruto.” She stood up and lurched forwards a warm feeling rising up through her as chakra flowed through her body to all her limbs.

“DON’T! SAKURA!! If you lose to that Sasuke Idiot your not a woman!!

“I won’t lose to anybody.“ She reached out as the orange figure grew clearer, and clearer and a bright smile appeared on his face. She channeled that warmth into her limbs and began to flex. The ice began to crack as she focused her energy into a feat of truly prodigious strength.

“And then you’ll write your own legend”

“Now my sweet Naruto we write our legend together. SHANNARO!!” She screamed as the ice shattered with an explosive crack, and she was finally free.

-ooOoo-

Naruto was breathing heavily; but slowly he could feel the Kyubi healing his wounds even as it receded back into his cage. Ino’s sacrifice had given him just enough of a break to catch his breath. He stood and made ready to make the three in front of him pay dearly for her loss.

Shikamaru had tears running down his face but he was still in the fight. He stood protectively over Ino’s still form, and gathered his chakra to wait for an opportunity to present itself to strike. He noticed a game Choji while slow to rise was hauling himself unsteadily back to his feet.

None of them though noticed the ice holding Sakura beginning to crack. The trio didn’t think it was possible anyways since all Tsume-Ai needed to do was keep feeding chakra into the Jutsu, and the ice would remain solid even in the middle of the fires of hell itself, hence its name Iron glacier.

So it was with no small amount of shock that with a Thunderous cracking noise she was suddenly blown backwards by a wave of cold air and a concussion of exploding ice shrapnel that stunned all three Rogue-Nin.

“I-I-Impossible!! “ She stuttered.”You can’t its impossible!!” She screamed at the panting Pink haired Kunoichi who looked up at her with fiery emerald eyes that shown with a fierce determination.

“DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!! “ Tsume-Ai leapt up and rushed forwards A spear of razor sharp Ice raised above her head for the killing blow. Her voice was an enraged high pitched nails on chalkboard screech.

Sakura found she couldn’t move yet. The process of channeling so much chakra even with her near perfect control; had her very tired and more so she was still largely numb from being in the ice for so long. All she could do was watch Tsume close in for the kill as her body slowly regained circulation.

-ooOoo-

Tsume Rushed at her now shrieking incoherently; She raised the Ice spear high and as she was about to drive it into Sakura’s fierce heart. A blur suddenly appeared in front of her causing her to hesitate. A man dressed as a shinobi of old with his arms out stretched and dark brown eyes that seemed to stare into her very soul, interposed him self between them.

Tsume howled in fear as those eyes bored into her soul and she stumbled to a halt. The apparition vanished suddenly and the last thing Tsume would ever see would be a pair of fierce emerald eyes staring into hers, and a gloved fist heading her way.

Sakura also had the brief impression of a blur in front of her. But when Tsume stumbled she took her chance. Forcing Charka to her feet, and her right hand she launched herself and swung her fist in a devastating right cross that connected with the left side of the Rogue Ice-Nin’s face crushing bone and launching her through a tree where she collapsed dead.

“HAH!!” Sakura barked “Now both sides of your face match.”

“TSUME!! “ Kyojin roared “I”LL KILL YOU!!” He charged forward only to find himself paralyzed.

He managed to look over his shoulder as a smirking Shikamaru activated his families Jutsu. Sakura reacted immediately. She channeled a quick chakra burst into her fingers, and with a quick acrobatic flip over his head poked him in the base of his skull. Kyojin instantly felt his entire body go numb as his rock armor suddenly fell away from him.

“What did you do to me?” he looked at the pink haired Kunoichi in horror as he found that he couldn’t focus his chakra to reactivate his rock armor.

“I disrupted your chakra flow with a simple electrical burst it well take an hour to recover from. That’s 59 minutes longer then you have.” She smirked at him

Kyojin was so caught up in her words he failed to notice the giant shadow over his head. He would see no more though as Choji grown to some 25 feet in height smashed an oversized fist into him leaving his broken body in the middle of a fist shaped impact crater.

Shirakou was so amazed at the sudden turn of events, that he nearly as cut in half when a pair of Naruto’s launched themselves at him wind blades extended. He narrowly dodged and quickly reengaged the furious blond Shinobi. A quick burst of electricity sent the clone’s poofing to oblivion. He smirked as he turned to taunt Naruto only to forget his taunt as he saw three Naruto’s with their hands together and a whirling ball of pure wind chakra with four blades coming off of it. His eyes widened as the Fuuton Rasen-Shuriken gave off a hellish keening sound as if many razor edged swords were swinging in the air at once. The three clones rushed him the S-ranked technique held over head.

Shirakou was no fool though; he knew from studying Kakuzu’s fight to watch the one with the technique. The rogue Cloud-Nin generated a wide burst of electricity that caused all three clones to disperse.

“HAHAHHAAH!! Naruto-Kun you well never touch me with that technique” he laughed only to realize suddenly that the keening sound had never ceased. He turned in shock as Naruto was right on top of him a full Rasenshuriken in his left hand.

“This is how I beat Kakuzu, and you fell for the same trick a**hole!!” Naruto snarled as he rammed the devastating technique into Shirakou’s gut.

Shirakous agonized howl was lost as the area was engulfed in a Horrific outpouring of wind powered chakra. The devastating S-Ranked technique left a crater so deep and so long that the Grand tiger river actually flowed into. The town would eventually Name it the Naruto Lake and it would be come a popular place for lovers to hold picnics, and old timers to tell stories of the famous battle fought here.

But that was the farthest thing from Shirakou’s mind as thousands upon thousands of wind chakra blades shredded his body from top to bottom. What was left of his body collapsed into the crater as a sudden torrent of water from the river flooded into the newly formed crater.

The last thought he had as the water rushed in on him was “What a truly amazing technique.”

The roaring water drowned out his final scream, and the sudden flash as a massive release of electricity lit up the small lake spelling the end of the trio.

-ooOoo

Sakura had covered her eyes as Choji reached down and shielded her from the razing winds that had picked up. As the wind died down She looked desperately for Naruto and found him leaning against the damaged railing with a wide yet pained grin on his face.

“Narutooo!!” Sakura called as she ran to him and he scooped her up with one arm as she kissed him for all she was worth.

She pulled back to check on him and gasped at the state he was in. His right arm was broken and hanging at an awkward angle. His face looked bruised and several cuts had been opened. His left arm thank goodness was only partially burned thanks to his having gained much better control over the Rasenshuriken. From her quick scan alone she could tell he had massive internal injuries that would have killed anyone but him.

“Gods Naruto I was so scared for you. What were you thinking using that Jutsu?” She chastised him though she was a little too tired, and happy he was alive to truly lay into him. She hugged him close trying to be gentle with his bruised form.

“Sakura!!” Shikamaru’s voice broke through her exhaustion, and she felt a cold dread as Naruto stiffened.

“Ino…” he whispered and his face suddenly darkened.

She turned to where Shikamaru was holding a frozen Ino and was nearly reduced to tears on the spot. But she quickly gathered her courage as Naruto reached out and squeezed her shoulder with his left hand. She rushed over to where Shikamaru held her platinum blond best friend. She noticed off in the background that people were arriving on the scene.

“Can you do anything for her Sakura?” Shikamaru pleaded with her. He had tears in his eyes but his voice was steady.

She didn’t reply immediately instead she focused her chakra and began an intense scan of the frozen Kunoichi looking for any sign of life. She was about to give up when She felt a soft squeeze on her shoulder she looked up to see Naruto’s Sapphire blue eyes burning into hers. They almost seemed to be pleading with her to save Ino.

Taking a deep breath she resumed her scan. She thanked the gods she’d been able to learn some of Karin’s scanning techniques. They were far more accurate and powerful then her normal ones were. Those lessons paid off as with a start she detected a small but significant chakra pulse. Her eyes widened and she smiled beautifully as she laughed in relief.

“She’s alive; she’s just in a state of suspended animation. It’s the same thing I did when Kabuto injured me during the attack. Its how I survived long enough to be saved. Naruto I need your chakra”

She took charge as Naruto with a determined look on his face placed his hands gently over hers. She winced slightly as she saw the broken arm but quickly refocused as she sent a pulse of healing chakra through her best friend and rival. Using her phenomenal chakra control she took Naruto’s natural body heat and using his chakra she channeled it into Ino.

Slowly but steadily she melted the Ice surrounding her body. Slowly and cautiously she raised he rbest friend and rivals body temperature a little at a time. Then as her pale skin went from blue back to pale white, she began the slow steady process of restoring the chakra flow from the soft pulse it was at now to its normal steady flow. As she felt the chakra flow return to normal she then set to work restoring the blood flow and her breathing to normal levels.

As the crowd of people that had been approaching gathered around them Sakura sighed in exhausted relief and collapsed back into Naruto’s arms; as with a shuddering breath a pair of cerulean eyes fluttered open and a weak voice said something that caused both Naruto and Sakura to blush a deep beet red, Choji to laugh out loud, and Shikamaru to smirk out a bemused troublesome as he shook his head.

“You’ve really have grown up haven’t you Naruto?” she smiled warmly and closed her eyes as Naruto still blushing chuckled good naturedly.

“Come on piglet lets get you and my boyfriend to the hospital.” Sakura sighed in exasperation giving Naruto a cross-eyed glare that made him cringe. Choji reached down and with surprising gentleness picked Ino up and carried her bridal style in his arms. Sakura noted that Ino seemed to snuggle in closer to the large Shinobi as they turned to leave.

She was about to give Naruto an earful when she realized that they weren’t alone her eyes widened as an oily voice spoke with an undisguised animosity.

“No ones going anywhere.” Snake Face hissed

Naruto and company found themselves surrounded by a full score of armed men and a certain Snake faced nobleman’s son in the lead. The twenty men didn’t scare the Leaf-Nin as much as the man in the olive drab outfit with the red sheathed Katana at his waist, and the slashed Hitae of the Hidden mist at his belt who stood by Snake Face’s side.

This man had a look of pure killer intent in his honey brown eyes. He was a real threat, even more dangerous then many they had faced before. He stood forward and his hand rested on his Katana’s hilt as he looked the group over with a discerning eye that caused a shudder to run up all their spines.

“Now Jubei!! Kill them now!!” Snake face howled his pale face now red with rage.

Jubei’s honey brown eyes locked with Naruto’s sapphire blues and he made to draw his sword for a lethal confrontation that could only end in the death of one of them.

To be continued

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#25 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

Chapter 10 is up On the wings of love

Had a small case of writers block and the story just wasnt flowing like I wanted it too.

In your eyes

A NaruSaku Story

Chapter 10: On the wings of love

“Now Jubei!! Kill them now!!” Snake face howled his pale face now red with rage.

Jubei dropped down into a low but steady stance as he whipped his katana from its red lacquered sheath with a gleam of light and a lethal hum along its razor sharp blade.

Naruto too took up a stance but this time in front of his friends and his Sakura-Chan. In Naruto’s left palm a whirring sound announced the formation of a one handed Odama-Rasengan. The melon sized ball of chakra howled with the promise of destruction for what ever it hit.

Jubei’s honey brown eyes locked with Naruto’s sapphire blues and a fearsome conflict ensued. It was a battle unlike any other; a battle of wills to see who would step aside first. Naruto could feel Sakura’s presence at his side soothing him and giving him focus. Inspite of the situation or maybe because of it, he couldn’t help but be drawn into the memory of something he’d learned from Jiraiya in his time away.

“Oi Oi Ero-Sennin; so where are we off to now?” The now 14 and half year old orange clad ninja badgered his white haired mentor relentlessly.

“Were off too the Cloud if you must know. They’ve developed some strong techniques for Chakra control that you could benefit from, and on top of that you could also learn more about their lighting techniques so you can better prepare yourself….”

“For Sasuke’s Chidori.” The blond finished solemnly

“That’s right.” Jiraiya didn’t pry any further he knew the Uchiha prodigy was a touchy subject for his apprentice.

They passed the next hour or so in a some what uncomfortable silence as Naruto was brooding over the lost Uchiha, and a certain pink haired Kunoichi. Jiraiya meanwhile busied himself by working on their cover story. Finally they approached a small bridge over a chasm with a rushing river far beneath it. The narrow bridge meant that they would have to walk in line one in front of the other all the way across. Still it was the nearest safe crossing into Cloud territory and Jiraiya didn’t feel like taking the two hour long journey to the more southern pass.

Naruto stared in wide eyed wonder at the gaping chasm, and the raging river beneath him and wondered at how they had gotten the bridge built in the first place. The chasm was way too far to leap across and too deep to climb down and cross the river.

He was interrupted in his thoughts as Jiraiya came to a halt suddenly in front of him. He saw the old perverts back stiffen slightly and tense up in the fashion that indicated that he was preparing for a fight. Peeking around his arm as best he could Naruto’s blood ran cold as he found himself looking into one of the coldest pair of black eyes he’d ever seen.

“Excuse me good sir’s But I must go this way would you please turn around and return to the side so I may pass.” The man said in a pleasant voice that didn’t match his cold eyes.

“Hey!! We were here first buddy!!” Naruto snapped back only to have Jiraiya backhand him hard.

“Shut Up!!” Jiraiya snarled and Naruto was instantly cowed this was the tone of voice he rarely used unless he was being deadly serious.

“I apologize for my students rash words. But he does make a point. We were first on the bridge Sir and it should be us that is allowed to pass.” Jiraiya’s tone was respectful but held an edge of steel to it.

“Your apology is accepted, but your point is not. It seems then we have come to an impasse one that can only be settled by our blades.” The other man spoke as casually as if they were at dinner.

“So it would seem.” Jiraiya responded

As one a gleaming katana leapt from its sheath, while a glowing Rasengan formed in Jiraiya’s palm. For a full minute the two men looked deep into each others eyes. Naruto was tense as he expected them to leap into action at any moment. But to his eternal surprise suddenly both men stood up from their fighting stances. The sword was resheathed and the Rasengan vanished. The two men then bowed respectfully to each other and turned away.

“Come on Naruto were going down to the mountain pass. I’ll treat you to the ramen stand there.” Jiraiya spoke with a small hint of amusement but his eyes held a serious look to them.

To say Naruto was confused was an understatement he wasn’t the sharpest tool normally regarding people but he was no fool. After an hour walking in frustrated and confused silence he finally rounded on his master and let him have an earful.

“Why did we run away from that guy? We could have taken him!!” He yelled now completely on his usual rant.

“BAKA!! Don’t be stupid we would have been fighting until judgment day with that guy. His skill was equal to mine.” Jiraiya chastised him causing him to sputter in shock.

“E-E-Equal to yours?” he stuttered “How…?” he couldn’t finish his question as the thought rattled in his brain.

Sighing in exasperation Jiraiya gestured for the blond Shinobi to take a seat which he did; promptly crossing his legs and looking up at him with that look of concentration he had when he was learning his lessons.

For a moment Jiraiya was silent as he took a seat on a nearby log and took a small but bracing swig of his favorite Saki. After a brief introspection he turned and looked Naruto straight in the eyes before beginning.

“Naruto, your going to find in this world that there are situations where you’ll have to fight that is a given.”

“But you well also find that there are times when you have to fight even though you know you can’t win. This you can do easily thanks to your endless determination.”

Naruto nodded up to him in understanding as he remembered his battle with Kabuto and Orochimaru to rescue Tsunade-Baachan, and how he had thrown himself into the fray despite Kabuto’s vastly superior skills. Jiraiya’s next words though blew him away as the white-maned Toad Sage continued.

“What you must also learn though is there are times when you cannot fight, or should not fight. “He paused a moment to let his point sink in

“When I faced off against the Swordsman on the bridge we looked into each others eyes. In that moment we matched up against each other, and we found that we were equals. We could have fought for hours and we would have resolved nothing.”

“But I don’t understand how did you get all that from eye contact? Why not just fight?” Naruto asked plaintively trying his best to understand.

Jiraiya sighed and shook his head. “The eye contact was the fight Naruto. In that moment of contact we learned all we needed to know about each other, and with that knowledge we learned that a real fight would be a waste of time for both of us. So we went our separate ways.”

Naruto’s face was scrunched up in that manner he adopted when he was thinking real hard but finally he looked up his sapphire blues were clear and bright.

“So this was a time when there was no need to fight since we both could have just taken a different path.”He said sagely causing Jiraiya’s eyes to widen as he nodded proudly.

“Come on boy we’ve got another hour to go before we reach the mountain pass so I want to see you do at least 10 full Rasengans one handed before we get there. Then it’s all the ramen you can eat if you do.” He said standing and proceeding to walk on to their destination

“YAHOOOO!!” Naruto’s shout of victory echoed along the mountainsides as they walked on. The setting sun glowed a deep honey yellow as it settled down below the horizon.

Now Naruto engaged in his own duel of wills with the Mist Swordsman. Jubei’s honey brown eyes held a strong will that had seen him through many battles with foes both mundane and terrible. He had killed numerous fools who had tried to earn a reputation by challenging him to sword duels. He was a born killer and he held a skill with the blade that was second to none. To this day he had yet to meet his match.

Until now; as he looked deep into Naruto’s Sapphire blue eyes he was taken aback. The young man in front of him was neither cowed nor intimidated. His eyes held a powerful burning intensity that Jubei could feel deep within his soul. A boundless courage and a will of strongest iron that was forged in the hottest flames. This Shinobi would not bend and would not break. It was as if he had seen hell and survived it. He had looked the devil in the eyes and laughed at him.

Jubei took note of the eyes of the others with him he knew none of them could match him, save maybe the pink haired Kunoichi. Yet this Naruto was a different matter entirely. He would match him, and he would not quit. As long as the pink haired woman at his side was in danger he would fight on and on for all eternity if that was what it took.

The two of them stood rooted their eyes locked for a full minute; though for them time seemed to stand still. Then Jubei was hit full on with a single thought that burned into his brain like a hot iron.

“I can’t win. I can’t beat this guy.”

The thought turned over and over in his brain as he analyzed every scenario, and in each one the end result was the same. No matter how badly or often he hurt the blond in front of him the fight ended the same way.

He would lose time and again.

He made ready to fight anyways he still had a job to do and only one thing could stop him.

-ooOoo-

Sakura was beginning to sweat despite cooling breeze, and their proximity to the river. She along with the others watched as for the longest time Naruto and The man know as Jubei glared at each other. Seeming to stand frozen as still as statues, with only their eyes, and the steady breathing of their chests giving any indication of life.

She spared a brief glance at Shikamaru who gamely nodded in her direction ready to face off against the swordsmen in front of them. Behind her Choji held Ino protectively and had moved a step back behind Naruto to shield her further. Finally she looked back at Naruto as she reached up and took his right hand giving it a soft gentle squeeze. Just enough to let him know she was there and not leaving his side. He didn’t look at her never breaking eye contact with Jubei, but he squeezed her hand back. The squeeze said everything he couldn’t at that moment.

“I love you Sakura-Chan, and I swear I well always protect you.”

-ooOoo-

Snake face was livid. Not only had the trio of Ninja been defeated but now the accursed Jubei was just staring at the blond, and showing no sign of making any move what so ever. He was torn about what to do right now since calling the man out was out of the question, and he most assuredly was not going to attack the Konoha ninja himself.

So he stood their sweating profusely as the tension between the two mounted and became so thick you could almost cut it with the sword the mist swordsmen held. He was shaken from his thoughts though as a loud authoritative voice caused him to pale visibly.

“What is going on here!!”

“Oh no not him any one but him…” the thought raced through his head as fear gripped his heart

-ooOoo-

“What is going on here!!” shouted a stentorian voice filled with authority.

All present looked towards the voice, and were greeted by the sight of a large crowd of people from the village. In the lead was a determined Shorty leading Heiji , Zenigata and a score of armed guardsmen. To their right a shaky but free Heza-Chan stood being supported by the mysterious nurse from the hospital. But the source of the voice was what drew all of their attention.

Stepping from the crowd a short thin graying man with a firm chin and piercing brown eyes took the scene in with a stern glare. He was dressed in the fashion of a noble of the Land of Fire, and carried himself with a dignity befitting his station.

Jubei stood and re-sheathed his sword as Naruto dispersed the Rasengan and stood up; the two bowed to each other and turned to the new voice. Sakura noticed that Snake Face and his friends immediately paled and Snake face looked like he might pass out as that steely glare passed over him.

“Would someone kindly explain to me what is going on here?” He commanded

“Father I can explain…” Snake face started before being cut off

“Be Silent!! Sune-Kumen-Kun I have heard enough of your lies and excuses.” He raised his voice only slightly and still sounded like Tsunade on a rant cowing the young noble who immediately dropped to his knees in fear.

The old man turned a discerning eye on the rest of them his eyes paused as he looked into Sakura and Naruto’s. His dark eyes lingered on Naruto’s blue sapphires for a long moment before finally resting on Jubei.

“Well Jubei what precisely is going on here?” he asked causing the jaws of everyone present--except Shikamaru who had a strangely knowing smirk on his face--to drop.

Tension mounted as the tall rangy Mist Swordsman towered over the smaller noble for a brief moment. Then another round of Jaw dropping occurred as Jubei took a knee in front of him bowing respectfully.

“Hai Makoto-Sama. It is as you feared. As your aware rumors have circulated that your son has been embezzling funds from the Daiyamo’s coffers for some time. Other rumors had him using Ninja to destroy crops and to terrorize the business interests of competitors for him and his friends. These rumors are true.” he explained causing the Nobleman’s dark eyes to narrow as they glared at his son.

“He’s Lying father!! I have done no such thing!!” Snake face yelled “Where is the proof? Where are these Ninja that I supposedly used?” he smirked knowing that the ninja were dead and knowing that the incriminating account ledgers he had been keeping had been destroyed earlier in the week.

Makoto looked at Jubei inquisitively. But it was Shikamaru who spoke “I can answer that Makoto-Sama.”

The Nara walked forward and from his pouch produced a notebook which he handed to the Nobleman who opened it and proceeded to study it intently. Snake face paled visibly, and his eyes were wide as Dinner plates.

“W-W- where did you get that…?” he stuttered incredulously

“You gave it to her when you told your friend to destroy It.” he pointed to Ino who was still being carried by Choji

“No I Didn’t I gav...Err I mean I have never met this woman” he sputtered causing Shikamaru to smirk

“No you didn’t at least not directly. We’ve suspected you of harboring those three for a while now. I spoke to Makoto-Sama when he visited Tsunade-Sama a couple of weeks back that’s when we learned about the rumors and we quickly put 2 & 2 together. You see Ino has a special trick where she can ride someone’s mind, so when we were searching for those three she used it on one of your friends to get close to you. Imagine her surprise when you handed her the ledgers and asked her to destroy them before your father came home. Some pretty incriminating stuff in there.” He finished as Snake face paled again realizing his error.

“Still you kept those three pretty well hidden, and we didn’t have a lot of luck.” He paused a moment “That was until you decided to act like an ass to Sakura over there, and she put you in your place.” He indicated the pink haired Shinobi who gave Snake face a withering glare.

“Ino over heard you plotting revenge with those three, and we’ve been on to you ever since.” He finished with a satisfied smirk.

Makoto looked at Jubei as if to confirm and the Swordsman nodded. “ He openly discussed plans for revenge against the young woman and her boy friend using the ninja.”

Snake face was stunned and started to choke out a protest but was quickly silenced as Makoto glared at him.

“You have dishonored me and you have dishonored our family with your shameful actions. I well deal with you at our home.” He sneered at the defeated young noble his contempt openly voiced now.

“Hai father.” He replied fuming in his shame and shaking with rage

“I apologize for my son’s actions towards you. Please forgive us.” He turned and bowed to Sakura and Naruto who stood by a little stunned as well by the events that had just played out. Sakura and Naruto bowed back accepting the apology.

Sakura wanted some answers from Shikamaru and Ino to confirm some of her suspicions but decided she could wait till they were at the hospital and had some rest. She turned to Naruto and smiled at him causing him to smile back at her as he pulled her close to kiss her gently on the lips. As she broke the kiss she turned and nodded in recognition and thanks to the mysterious young woman who was helping Heza-Chan. She nodded in return and smiled genuinely before turning to go to the hospital with her patient.

The guards took the weapons of Snake faces friends from them and soon began to escort the lot back to the town for some rough questions. As he stood their fuming though Snake Face only had one thought burning through his heart now; Revenge pure and simple.

He had lost everything. Even his own father would only look at him with disgust now. Rage and shame vied within him, and as he watched the young woman kiss her blond lover passionately a red tide rolled over him. With an inarticulate howl he grabbed a dagger from a guard and sprinted towards Sakura whose back was turned as she fussed over Naruto’s injuries. Rage lent his face a demonic look as he stabbed the dagger at the young woman’s back intending to drive it into her heart.

The onlookers were so shocked by the sudden attack that they had a little trouble getting in motion. Naruto though was able to react and he did the only thing he could at the time. He shoved Sakura out of the way and attempted to grapple the madman. Unfortunately he instinctively raised his broken right arm which caused a shock of agony to roll through him as with a final inarticulate scream of rage Snake face slammed into him missing his intended target.

Normally Naruto would have been able to handle the enraged noble easily but now he was badly hurt, and worse Rage and madness lent the wiry noble an unnatural strength. His momentum slammed the two of them back against the broken wall which gave way and sent them tumbling over the edge. Sakura had a fleeting glimpse of Naruto’s eyes as they caught hers one last time before they vanished from view.

“NARUTOOOOO!!” Came her plaintive scream as she scrambled to the edge only to be held back by Shikamaru who was afraid she was going to throw herself off the cliff as well.

As she dangled their for a moment she could see Naruto and Snake face as they seemed to fall in slow motion towards the witches cauldron of water at the base of the thousand foot high water fall, before they vanished from sight their falling bodies lost to the mists of the fall.

-ooOoo-

An inarticulate howl of rage was the only warning Naruto had before a lunatic was charging his Sakura-Chan with a gleaming dagger in hand, and murder in his eyes. If he were healthy he’d simply have kicked the moron’s ass roundly. But he was hurt badly and definitely not up to fighting par. So he did the only thing he could at the moment. He used his one good arm to shove Sakura out of the way and raised his arm to catch the dagger so he could let one of the others nail the jerk.

Unfortunately he raised his broken right arm and a shock of agony went through him causing him to stumble. Then before he could do more he was overborne by Snake face who was foaming at the mouth as his black eyes blazed with madness. He felt his feet hit the broken remnants of the wall before he fell backwards the two of them tumbling in mid air. His last sight was of Sakura’s beautiful emerald eyes going wide with horror before he lost sight of her.

Now he was free falling and as he was swallowed by the mists kicked up by the water fall time seemed to slow down for him. It was eerie inside the fog; it made him feel more like he was drifting more then falling. The colorless mists, the rush of air past his ears and the roar of the falls combined to create a dulling sensation on his senses. It was rather pleasant actually, and it seemed to lull him to sleep. All he had to do was just let go and fall. Then he’d smash into the water at the base of the falls and if that didn’t kill him he’d quickly drown. Nice and easy and wouldn’t that make a few people in Konoha happy he smirked without humor.

As he fell for what seemed an eternity suddenly he wasn’t alone. A beautiful young woman dressed in the garb of a Shinobi of old reached out to him. She placed her hands on his face and gave him a gentle smile before she reached forwards and kissed him gently on the forehead. Then as she pulled back her soft grey eyes met his and though her mouth didn’t move he could swear he heard her say something in Sakura’s voice before she vanished as a swirl of mist obscured her.

“I believe you can fly.”

“Sakura-Chan…” he thought and suddenly his eyes opened as he reached out his left hand towards where she was. No; not this way. He’d made a promise and he always kept his word. He had something to ask her and there was no way he was going to die before he heard her answer. His chakra spiked and he pushed past the agony and focused all his power on his promise, and the image of the young woman that held his heart in hers. The wind continued to roar past him as he could feel the bottom approaching faster and faster. The white waters rushed up to greet him.

-ooOoo-

“I’m so sorry Sakura.” Ino was holding onto the inconsolable kunoichi who had collapsed to her knees before sobbing uncontrollably.

Tears ran down her beautiful face as the platinum blond did everything she could to comfort her best friend. It was all she could do to keep from breaking down herself. She’d never been quite as close to Naruto as she would have liked. She knew that Naruto had lead a hard life and Sakura had seen heartbreak but now they seemed to have found each other. But now when he and Sakura seemed to have found true happiness it was wrenched from them. She felt Choji’s strong hand gently squeeze her shoulder. She looked up at him helplessly as she felt Sakura shudder through another round of sobs beneath her.

A tear escaped Shikamaru’s eye as well. He’d always considered Naruto to be one of his best friends after Choji and for him to die now just when things seemed to be going so well for him was a damned injustice.

Shocked moans and tears were also coming from the villagers themselves. To see such an act was a shock and left many of them in deep sorrow. Makoto walked up to the edge and bowed his head in respect. He had heard that the young man was a worthy Shinobi and he felt he would gladly honor him when he next spoke to his friend Tsunade.

For a certain brown haired former Medic-Nin it was all she could do to keep from collapsing on the spot. This was too real and brought back too many painful memories, and here now listening to the anguished cries coming from the pink haired young woman she’d come to consider a friend over the last few days was almost too much for her to bare.

Grief and shock played over the faces of all present. Only Jubei kept his face even and expressionless. But his eyes held the feeling of loss in them; a worthy opponent, and one who was loved and accepted if the reactions to his loss by those around him were to be believed. Jubei closed his eyes and bowed his head in respect to the fallen warrior.

-ooOoo-

For Sakura the heart break was unendurable. He was gone. Her Naruto was gone and he wasn’t coming back. She had found love and lost it again that quickly. A curse she decided; yeah that’s what it had to be, a curse on her. She’d offended someone in this life or a past life. She was base and unclean and Naruto was so sweet and special. So the gods punished her by taking him from her when she knew it would hurt the most. She knew she’d never fall in love again the thought was as plain as day in her heart. No one could hold the place in her heart that he had held. She would be forever alone now. No longer would she hear his laughter, or feel the warmth of his arms. All she would have left is the memories and those would be cold comfort on the lonely nights to come.

Unbidden the legend of the Lovers Leap came into her mind, and she wondered if maybe he’d come back to protect her if she were ever in trouble. She heard again the story as she’d read it too him, and his words as he’d made her a promise.

Suddenly his eyes brightened up almost seeming to glow in their intensity. He looked directly into hers, deep sapphire blues bored into soft emerald greens with an intensity that made the hairs stand up on Sakura’s neck, and gave her goose bumps; her heart beat increased as she dreaded what he would say next.

“I’ll prove it Sakura-Chan just like in the story.” He smiled a wide genuine smile at her while thumping his chest confidently. “I promise you if I can leap off that stone and fly then our love well last for all eternity.” He smiled and nodded giving her a thumbs up that caused her to briefly flashback to his first promise of a lifetime.

As she sobbed she heard his voice in her mind, and her heart leapt into her throat. As she looked up she saw again the image of a man dressed as a shinobi of old. He looked at her and smiled genuinely.

Did she believe? Could she believe in him? Her eyes tightly closed, and she whispered something in a broken voice then repeated it loud enough that Ino hugging her close heard it and gasped in shock.

“Naruto… I believe you can fly…”

She repeated it as if it were a mantra and held onto the words as if they were a lifeline. As if she could send them to his heart across the distance.

It was Choji though that blurted out words she’d remember to her dying day.

“He can fly??” he blurted out incredulously

“He can fly??” Ino now equally incredulous

“He flew!!” Shorty chirped in an exited and amazed tone.

Sakura her heart pounding in her chest dared to look up for a brief moment and the sight left her speechless.

For there floating overhead in mid air was the smiling face, blond hair and Sapphire blue eyes of the one and only Naruto Uzimaki who was grinning down at her like he’d just won a lifetime supply of ramen.

“Naruto…?” she breathed incredulously

“See Sakura-Chan. Told you I could fly.” He smiled down at her.

Poor Sakura was so overwhelmed at all that had just happened that she did the only thing she could do at that moment, as all the shock and pain and relief rushed in at her at once.

She fainted.

To be continued

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#26 Simusar

Simusar

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

great chapters, can't wait for the next one.

#27 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

=^__^= thanks. Im working on 11 hope to have it up soon.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#28 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

Heres Chapter 11: Fly away home

In your eyes

A NaruSaku story

Chapter 11: Fly away home

As Sakura awoke she found herself snuggled against something warm and soft. Looking up she rubbed her eyes to clear them and found a pair of deep blue sapphires looking down at her with concern and a deep and profound love. She was jolted though when he spoke.

“Sakura-Chan are you all right?” He asked the concern in his voice coming through.

He was cut off though as she glomped him and hugged him to her for all she was worth, then began to systematically kiss his face all over causing him to hiss in pain as she hit a couple of tender spots. Her hands flew all over him as if trying to convince herself he was real.

“Naruto thank gods you’re alive but how? Kami I thought you were dead. How did you survive? Where you flying? I-I-I’m so confused.” She blurted out in a spurt before he silenced her with a kiss.

“Slow down Sakura-Chan. It’s like I said, I can fly.” He grinned at her while stroking her hair with his uninjured hand. “I’ve been working on the technique for 6 months now. Remember my special training with Kakashi-Sensei? The special technique that was only 10 done on my fathers scroll?”

Suddenly it hit her all at once. She remembered that for the last 6 months he had been training in secret with Kakashi and Yamato-Taicho. He’d been somewhat vague about the training usually coming home to her exhausted but when she’d ask he would just smile mischievously and say it was a surprise, and that he’d show it to her when it was ready.

Then another thought hit her even harder. “He’s been able to do it ever since we got here.”

She remembered the night the storm hit. How he’d carried her back to the resort in his arms. When ninja leap from roof to roof or tree to tree, there is a steady rhythm to it. A soft up and down motion, but she recalled now with perfect clarity what she’d missed that night as she was too caught up in being held by him. It was as if he’d never touched down as he leapt over the rooftops. As she recalled he’d maybe landed twice, once on the initial jump and a second time just before they landed on the bridge.

“It’s amazing I can’t believe you can do that.” She said amazement in her voice and written all over her face.

He chuckled good naturedly and smiled at her. “Well I only just mastered it actually. See first Kakashi-Sensei had me relearn tree, and water walking. Then he had me learn how to walk on air. “He explained causing Sakura, and Team Asuma’s eyes to go wide open.

“How can you walk on air?” Ino asked somewhat unbelieving.

“It’s just like walking on water really. It just takes more chakra and a lot of focus.” He shrugged

“But air isn’t solid like water.” Ino stated. But it was Shikamaru who answered her though. He waved his hand in front of her face causing her bangs to flutter slightly.

“You felt that right?” he asked and she nodded in affirmation. “Air can be solid too so you can feel it.”

Naruto nodded grinning before continuing “Once I mastered that I had to learn to use my wind affinity to provide lift and thrust.”

“Then finally I needed to find a key and focus since the technique takes a tremendous amount of Chakra. That was the hard part and it took a lot of practice to finish.” He smiled that same mischievous fox grin of his.

“Good thing too I was stuck on the focus aspect of it for awhile there. But when I was falling I found my focus and zoom I can fly. So like I promised Sakura-Chan now our love well be eternal.” He beamed proudly with a triumphant grin that had all of them smiling with him.

“And what was your focus?” Sakura asked shyly as she smiled up at him beautifully with a rosy tint to her cheeks.

He looked directly in her emerald eyes and said something she’d carry with her always.

“It was you Sakura-Chan, it was always you.” He gifted her with the special smile he reserved solely for her

A tear flowed from her eye and she pulled him into a kiss so deep and passionate that he was pretty certain he didn’t need chakra to fly.

“You’re a dork, but you’re sweet too.” She smirked at the dazed expression on his face as she rested her forehead against his for a moment. Finally she helped him carefully to his feet where he swayed dizzily.

“So now you can fly huh. Great just when we thought we had a handle on you teleporting every where. Now you can fly; how troublesome.” Shikamaru stood there with a smirk on his face as he clapped Naruto on the shoulder causing him to hiss in pain.

Sakura shot a glare at Shikamaru which he ignored as suddenly a bevy of happy voices broke into cheers of happiness as Naruto was mobbed by the remaining well wishers all expressing their amazement at his remarkable feat. Including a happy Ino who glomped the blond Shinobi hugging him tightly as he chuckled embarrassed by all the attention.

As Sakura lead him to the hospital so she could begin treating his wounds and the injuries of the others she happened to glance over her shoulder and was stunned at what she saw. Standing on the cliff edge looking at her were two Shinobi; a male and a female dressed in a fashion some two generations old. They were holding hands together lovingly, and both waved to her. Though their mouths didn’t move she was positive that she could hear them say something before they vanished in a swirl of mist.

“Thank you both.”

A tear escaped Sakura’s eye as she nodded and smiled back before turning back to and snuggling closer to Naruto as his words to her raced through her mind.

“Now our love well be eternal.”

-ooOoo-

An hour later Sakura sat in a hospital room with Ino, and the rest of Team Asuma. She listened as Shikamaru explained how they’d gotten to the village at least a week ahead of them and taken up undercover jobs at the night club and the resort in order to ferret out the rogue ninjas. It had been Ino who was the waitress the night Snake face accosted them. Choji had worked at the club as a bouncer, and Shikamaru as a bartender at the resort. They hadn’t expected the pair of them to show up for their vacation but when they did, and when Snake face made an ass out of himself it turned out to be a perfect opportunity to draw their targets out.

“So you used us as bait huh?” Sakura had a dangerous gleam in her eye as she glared at Shikamaru, and Ino.

“Yeah; Sorry about that Sakura but it was the only way.” We’ve been chasing them for a month now and we needed a break.” He shrugged apologetically while leaning back against the wall.

“And as for you Piglet we need to have a long talk don’t we?” She cracked her knuckles menacingly causing Choji, and Shikamaru to gulp audibly. Ino however only smiled beautifully

“Oh come off it Forehead it’s not like he’s your boyfriend or anything.” She stuck her tongue out at Sakura teasingly.

Sakura shook her head before smiling genuinely “No; he’s so much more.”

She smiled then and walked out of the room to go back to Naruto’s room which was across the hall. All three members of Team Asuma could only stare at her back and shake their heads in wonder.

-ooOoo-

Sitting in his room she watched as he slept. The injuries he’d suffered had been severe but between the Kyubi’s healing abilities, and her own skill he was recovering nicely. She held his hand and rubbed her free hand through his hair lovingly as she looked down on him.

She was exhausted but she was also so grateful to have him alive and well that she just couldn’t sleep no matter how tired she was. Something else was keeping her up as well. She sat back and reached down into the pocket of his jacket which hung up on a hanger near his bed. She pulled out the object which sat within and gazed at it as her heart leapt, and a tear of joy fell from her eye.

It was an engagement ring. A simple platinum band with the Kanji for both their names engraved on it and the symbol for love in between. A single small pink diamond in the shape of a sakura blossom completed the ring. This was what he had gone to Suna for the majority of the day to get. She had her suspicions where the rest of that day had been spent, but she would let him answer those when he woke up. Instead for now she slipped the ring on her left ring finger and admired it.

It fit perfectly so somehow he’d gotten her ring size—probably from her mom—and had the ring fitted to her exactly. The craftsmanship was superb and the ring felt feather light on her skin. The cost had to be incredibly expensive and she was both flattered and a bit scared she had to admit. That he would go so far to spend so much on her was an amazing thing. Her rational mind told her he had most likely gotten a break on the price from Gaara but her heart was soaring.

A proposal, a chance to spend the rest of her life with someone that loved her with all his being. Earlier in the week she had tried to imagine a life with out him in it and the very act of doing so had left her heartbroken. Now she allowed herself a brief moment to imagine a life as Sakura Uzimaki, and the very act of doing so caused her heart to soar with joy. She was broken from her fantasy by his voice as he woke up to find her looking at him with a touch of red on her cheeks.

“Sakura-Chan is everything ok?” he asked curious at her blush and the dazed expression she had.

She thought about the answer for a second; only a second which was more time then she really needed before replying. She smiled beautifully then embraced him kissing him as passionately as she could. Their lips melded together like molten gold as he wrapped his left arm around her deepening the kiss. Finally she broke the kiss though she kept her arms around him and looking him in the eyes she answered him.

“Yes Naruto; the answer is yes now and for always.” She replied as she showed him the ring on her finger.

Again she smiled beautifully as he seemed unable to say anything and instead chose to reach up and embrace her for all he was worth. An embrace she gladly returned with all her heart. She knew that for him her acceptance of his proposal was a singular defining moment in his life, and a decision she would not be able to take back; not that she’d want to mind you.

Suddenly he was out of bed and twirling her around kissing her face all over and finally hugging her to him as close as he could.

“I promise you’ll never regret it Sakura-Chan. Ill always be there for you and Ill never leave you.” His voice was soft but held all the conviction he could give her. She smiled again resting her forehead against his as they basked in the moment.

“So a little trip to Suna huh? Go any place else while you were out?” She smirked as she guided him back to the bed before sitting on its side and snuggling against him. She felt him chuckle as he reached up and scratched the back of his head with his left hand.

“Well I mighta sorta made a small stop over in Konoha to ask your parents if I could marry you.” He chuckled good naturedly while rubbing the back of his head. “Then I mighta sorta stopped in at Baa-Chan’s office to ask her for advice, and well…” He left the sentence hanging in the air as she pulled back to look him in the eyes only to see that famous fox grin of his get wider as their eyes met.

Then it was her turn to chuckle as she hugged him close “So Sakura Uzimaki huh?” His grin grew wider if that were at all possible

“Well we could try Naruto Haruno.” He suggested cheerfully causing her eyes to roll

“Baka” She chided him teasingly as she kissed him soft and long on the lips before snuggling back against him “Uzimaki, Sakura is just fine.”

“Uzimaki Sakura huh; Is their something you want to tell me Sakura?” Came the voice of a certain platinum blond who was standing in the doorway.

“Shouldn’t you be in bed Ino your still recovering you know.” She looked back at her best friend and rival with a raised eye brow.

“Nah I’m fine thanks to you. Besides I wanted to talk to you two anyways.” She smirked back settling herself on the foot of Naruto’s bed “So did I hear correctly? Do we have an engagement?” she smiled her cerulean eyes wide and sparkly.

Sakura shook her head and then raised her left hand so Ino could see. The sight of the ring caused Ino to squeal for joy as she took Sakura’s hand and examined it all over.

“Narutoooo its beautiful I’m so proud, my little class clown is all grown up.” She laughed out loud causing Naruto to blush then chuckle good naturedly “Now of course I’ll be your maid of honor, and I’ll take care of the flowers, and then we need to get your dress…” She ticked off items chattering animatedly the prospects of a full scale wedding exciting her.

“INO!! We only just got engaged we haven’t even set a date yet!!” Sakura yelled as her face got redder by the minute.

“And by the way; what was with that all grown up crack Pig!! Have you been spying on us?” She was in Ino’s face now

“Well I did need to keep an eye on you Forehead girl…” She was interrupted as Sakura turned beet red and sputterd out

“You did peek you, you PERV!!”

“Well if some people would do it in a bed like normal people!! “ She snapped back her own face heating up

“I'll put you in a bed pig!!” Sakura snarled

“Uh Sakura-Chan” Naruto tried to get her attention

“Better set one up for yourself Ugly Forehead girl!!”

“Uh Ino-Chan” he tried again now tugging on Sakura with his good arm

“WHAT!!” They both bellowed at him causing him to flop backwards as they rounded on him.

He pointed sheepishly at the door where a smirking Shikamaru, and a laughing Choji were standing next to the mysterious young nurse from before who was blushing red but had a soft smile on her face at the same time.

Both girls suddenly turned bright red. Ino laughed nervously with a forced smile while Sakura squeaked then buried her face in Naruto’s chest which caused all present except the two aforementioned Kunoichi to laugh out loud.

-ooOoo-

After not so subtly throwing Team Asuma out of Naruto’s room; Sakura sat down on the bed, and snuggled next to Naruto as the young woman sat down in a chair smiling genuinely at the young couple before her.

“So is it true? Can I see it?” she asked her voice soft and hopeful

Sakura smiled genuinely as she held out her hand for the young woman’s inspection. Sakura watched as she took her hand and studied it with an appraising eye before finally letting Sakura’s hand go and sitting back while sighing romantically.

“Oh Sakura-San your so fortunate. I’m truly happy for you both.” She smiled genuinely

“Yes I am.” She snuggled into Naruto who was grinning humbly while he stroked Sakura’s long pink hair gently. She noted though that the young ladies eyes didn’t match her smile. Naruto noted it too and spoke up.

“What’s wrong? Why are you sad?” he asked plainly a concerned look on his face. He’d grown to like this young woman over the last week since she and Sakura had started speaking together. Her wit and sense of humor reminded him of himself, and her fierce determination mirrored his Sakura-Chan’s. The story of her and her teammates had struck a cord in him being so very like his own story.

Her eyes widened for a moment and she turned away from them. Sakura watched as she hemmed and hawed, seemingly unable to put together a coherent sentence as she tried to answer them.

“It’s what happened to Naruto isn’t it?” she asked. A slight shudder ran down her own spine at the memory of what had happened and what she’d almost lost.

She nodded and answered them. “For a moment when you fell Naruto-kun I was taken back to when Obito died. I felt like my heart was being torn out of my chest. I-I-I couldn’t breathe. It was too much.” She stuttered slightly, and a tear rolled down her face.

“But then you flew, and my heart felt so light I thought I could fly too.” She looked up and smiled genuinely at them receiving smiles in return. “I think maybe I’ve been running and hiding for too long now. I think its time I confronted my own past, and my own feelings.” She spoke and now her voice held a determined edge to it.

She stood up and made to leave. “I’m going to return home and speak to my other teammate if he’ll see me. Then we’ll see what happens from there.” She said with her hand on the door.

Sakura stood up and walked over to her and with a warm smile she gave the young woman a hug. Naruto slid out of bed and laid a gentle hand on her shoulder.

“I’m sure he’ll be happy too see you.” Naruto smiled a wide smile at her causing the young woman to sob slightly before she reached out and pulled Naruto into a three way hug.

“Thank you both of you.” She smiled genuinely as a tear fell. She stood back and looked at both of them for a moment before turning and opening the door. Looking over her shoulder she smiled as Sakura guided Naruto back to bed and teased him about tying him to the bed if he didn’t stay in it.

“It’s Rin.” She spoke causing Sakura to turn to her with a surprised smile on her face. “My name is Rin. Congratulations on your engagement Sakura-San I hope I can get an invite to the wedding.” She smiled a cheeky grin at the young couple.

“It wouldn’t be complete without you.” Sakura grinned back. Naruto smiled just as wide also.

“Then I’ll see you then.” Rin smiled at her before closing the door quietly and leaving them alone in the room.

-ooOoo-

A couple of days passed as Naruto recovered at an incredible pace. Ino visited them again; she and Sakura talking about the wedding with all the passion women bring to such things. Naruto just smiled and nodded along with whatever the gals said. As far as he was concerned if it made his Sakura-Chan happy then she could do whatever she wanted. He was perfectly happy with a small wedding before Tsunade-Baachan and a few of their friends but if Sakura wanted a huge wedding then he’d invite everyone in Konoha if that’s what it took.

Naruto left the hospital feeling better then ever and together the couple enjoyed the last few days together before they needed to return to Konoha. Ino and Team Asuma returned earlier with Shikamaru citing the need to report to Tsunade-Sama.

Sakura and Naruto also made sure to visit Makoto-Sama in order to convey their condolences on the loss of his son. The old mans gratitude for their concern was all the thanks they needed.

After another few days of being treated like royalty for their deeds. Sakura and Naruto sat in their room packing their things as they got ready to leave.

“So this is our last night here.” Naruto spoke softly “Then we return home.”

“I know that tone of voice what’s wrong Naruto?” She asked while sitting down and snuggling into him.

“Well we’ll be back home soon, and I guess I’m still a little worried about what people we’ll think about you being engaged to me.” He replied softly but with a determined look in his eyes.

She shook her head; he was still thinking about her before himself.

“Naruto we’ve already discussed this. I don’t care about them. Let them think whatever they want. From now on we stand together. From now on we make our own legends, and if anyone doesn’t like it well they can just stuff it.” She said her voice as determined as his.

“I love you. No one else, and now and forever we stand together.” She smiled up at him before drawing him down into a long deep soul searing kiss that burned away any and all doubts that remained.

“I love you Sakura Uzimaki. I swear I’ll always protect you.”

“No my love.” She replied looking into his Sapphire blue eyes. “From now on we protect each other.”

They didn’t speak anymore with words. Instead they let their bodies say everything that needed to be said, and they talked that way until well into the dawn.

-ooOoo-

The afternoon sun was high overhead of Konoha as life continued as it always did. Around a certain ramen stand a group of Chunin and Jonin were in the middle of their weekly get together.

“Aw come on Shikamaru your pulling my leg.” Guffawed a certain dog ninja with a bawdy laugh. “Naruto fly? Please; I mean I know he’s the Fourth’s son but being able to fly that’s just crazy.”

Hinata sitting next to him smiled lovingly at the Inuzuka. She’d grown particularly fond of him, and she found that he’d turned into a suitor even her strict father could agree upon. She blushed slightly as she listened to Ino’s description of the events. She also blushed a bit as she realized that the man she’d long admired was now fully living his dream.

Hinata did not as many suspected love Naruto Uzimaki, she never really had. Sure she’d crushed on him as a little girl, and his boundless determination and courage had been irresistible. But she had long admired him from afar and had even entertained a few blushing fantasies here and there. But when she’d seen how he’d felt about his pink haired teammate then Hinata had set her feelings aside for him, and determined that she would help him achieve all his dreams. She’d grown so much thanks to him, and so she suspected—she looked over at Sasuke Uchiha sitting and holding hands with Karin—had others.

“Come on Sasuke, you were his teammate for awhile. What do you think?” Kiba challenged him.

A non committal sound was Sasuke’s only real response before they were all interrupted by a loud YAHOO, and a vibrant laugh coming from overhead. As the group ran outside to look they were all stunned into silence as an orange and pink blur flew overhead before zooming over the Hokage Monument.

All eyes turned to Kiba who looked back at them and with a shrug said “So he can fly. It’s probably all Sakura anyways” he said offhandedly causing him to be smacked upside the head repeatedly.

-ooOoo-

Sitting in her office Tsunade looked longingly at the bottle of Saki. She was so thirsty and had been without a drink for hours thanks to Shizune. As she sat on the window sill and held the bottle she decided she’d forgo the glass entirely and just enjoy a nice good drink. She raised the bottle to her lips and just before the liquid touched her lips. She was greeted to the sight of Naruto Uzimaki floating out side the 4th floor window with a smiling Sakura Haruno in his arms.

“Hi Baa-Chan Were back and were engaged to be married.” He chirped happily with a wide grin on his face. Sakura simply smiled at her before showing her hand which had a diamond engagement ring on it.

“Well were gonna go settle in well see you later Tsunade-Shisou.” Sakura chirped merrily before the couple flew off and towards Sakura’s apartment.

Tsunade stared at the space where the two people she cared for the most had been floating just moments before. She looked then at the Saki in her hands, then again at the spot where they had been, then the saki bottle.

Finally standing she turned and poured the bottle out of the window and tossed the empty bottle in the trash before sitting back down at her desk and resuming her work all the while swearing to never drink again.

-ooOoo-

One week later

Sakura was in Naruto’s arms and she couldn’t have felt freer or safer if she’d tried. She had both arms wrapped around her fiancé and was resting her forehead against his in that affectionate way they had with each other.

“So Ino came over last night, and had a conversation with my mom.” She said quietly as they danced together swaying softly to the music of the heart they loved so much.

“Really; what’d they talk about?” he asked curiously his blue eyes smiling into hers.

“The wedding of course, she also wanted to know if you’d asked mom and dad for permission to marry me. You should have heard her she was sighing like a girl with a crush.” Sakura sighed in mild exasperation.

“Well she did see us together, and you know how the ladies can’t resist my charms.” He grinned and waggled his eyebrows cutely causing her to snort and punch him on the shoulder lightly.

“Yeah well they’d better learn how to otherwise I’ll show them what Tsunade-Shisou taught me to do with perverts.” She smiled back wickedly causing him to laugh nervously.

Suddenly he was kissing her long and deep. She moaned softly as their heat met and their lips flowed together. An electric tingle passed down her body causing her to shudder with pleasure.

Finally he broke the kiss for air and looked at her laughing slightly at her dazed expression.

“Well then we’d better get this done with fast don’t you think? I’d hate to have half of Konoha’s Kunoichi out of commission because of my wife’s monstrous strength.” He grinned his wide fox grin at her as they swayed to and fro still dancing.

She smiled and nodded in agreement. Then Sakura took one last look in his eyes. Her emerald ones looking deep into his sapphire blues, and she saw again all the love he had for her. She smiled again as she snuggled into him and rested her head into the crook of his neck. They continued to dance as they flew high above Konoha, Naruto holding her tight to him and she snuggling into him as the sunset cast a brilliant orange and pink glow over Konoha.

Soon they’d be married but for now she’d carry with her what she’d seen in his eyes. The love and the affection he’d always held for her, and the promise of the future there in his eyes.

The End

and chapter 12: the epilogue

A lookat the future and Sakuras vision

In your eyes

A NaruSaku Story

Epilogue

Sakura walked down the street towards her home. She’d had a long day at the hospital as the head of Konoha’s medical department. Most of it thankfully was paperwork, though she did have the pleasure of congratulating Ino on discovering she was pregnant with her and Choji’s sixth child. Sakura shook her head the two of them had proven to be the most prolific of the rookie 9 and team Guy in the child bearing department. Ino had crowed at the birth of their fourth child as she’d proudly proclaimed that she had finally beaten Sakura. Sakura of course was forced to remind her what a sixth child would do to her –admittedly still great—figure causing Ino to break down into tears.

“Sakura-San!” someone called her.

She turned to see a flash of red hair as Karin approached her with a smile.

“Karin-San how are you?” she asked returning the Kunoichi’s smile with one of her own.

She had yet to admit it but the red head had rapidly become indispensable to her in the hospital taking a serious load of work off her shoulders.

“Good thanks. I wanted to thank you for your help. I think Sasuke-Kun may propose tonight at dinner.” The redhead smiled and Sakura joined in.

“Karin that’s great, and about time too I was beginning to think he’d take forever brooding about it.” Sakura sighed shaking her head.

Karin shook her head but smiled none the less. “So you’re heading home?”

Sakura nodded. “Yes I’m Starving and Naruto always has dinner ready for me when I get home.” She smiled back and her stomach rumbled in agreement. Her husband’s cooking while already skilled had improved dramatically.

“I don’t know how the two of you find the time, three kids, chief of the medical department, and the Hokage on top of it all.” Karin smiled with a look of wonder on her face.

“Kage-Bushin really comes in handy with paper work.” Sakura smiled with a wink.

Karin smiled back and both women shared a good laugh before parting ways. They’d become fast friends over the years and she cherished their friendship almost as much as she cherished her friendship with Ino. Only the mysterious Rin who’d finally managed to nail down the Copy Ninja Kakashi was closer to her.

She sighed romantically as she walked through the streets. Everywhere she looked signs of love were in the air. As she passed the Hyuuga compound she heard the yipping of puppies as Hinata and Kiba fed the pups they were breeding in the kennels. The twins would be introduced to their pups soon.

As she passed the Akimichi compound she could hear the boisterous laughter of a large family in both size and number. Ino’s dulcet tones caused her to laugh out loud as the Akimichi matriarch called her clan to dinner.

The Uchiha compound was as silent as always but the lights were on now and it was no longer a dark place of bad memories.

A loud crashing sound would have normally sent her running to the source of the disturbance, but since the crashing was coming from the Lee compound where the Tai-Jutsu specialist and Konoha’s weapon’s mistress were raising their progeny she wasn't too worried. Both brother and sister had had more then their share of hospital visits just like their parents.

Finally though she stood outside the door to her home, it was a large estate with a dojo and a hot spring within. She sighed blissfully as she passed her rose garden, and the Cherry blossom trees that bore her namesake. He’d planted the bushes and the trees himself all for her.

She smiled and opened the door only to nearly be knocked over by two smiling children who greeted her with bright clear laughs as they jumped up into her arms and hugged her for all they were worth. She laughed with them and returned the hug squeezing them too her as if they were her life which in fact they were.

They hugged that way for a couple of moments because in their house that was the rule, love and affection above all else. She affectionately tousled the neat blond hair of her son while simultaneously trying to straighten the wild orange hair of her daughter causing both kids to groan out a whining “Moooooom!!” which caused her to smirk playfully.

“Go get ready for dinner you two. Knowing your father it’ll be ready soon.” She laughed as they hopped upright and ran off for the bathroom.

She could smell his cooking on the stove. He always had supper ready for her in spite of his busy schedule as Hokage. She laughed as her conversation with Karin came back to her. Kage-Bushin really did come in handy with paperwork she laughed to herself.

She found him in the nursery he was sitting in the comfy rocking chair they’d received from Ino as a gift so they could sit with the baby and holding their youngest son in his arms. The adorable picture brought a tear of joy to her eye as he rocked back and forth humming a small melody she recognized as the song “Sakura Blossoms” that he had written, and played on the piano for her. First a love song for her, and now a lullaby for her children; she couldn’t love him any more at this moment if she tried.

The small baby boy with his tousled pink hair and wide sapphire eyes sensed her presence, and reached for her with a small pudgy hand and said in a bright soft voice “Mama!!”

A pair of beautiful blue eyes looked up at her and said with that loving smile he reserved only for her “Sakura-Chan, Welcome home.”

She smiled back beautifully as he pulled her into his warm embrace and kissed her long and lovingly while the baby kooed. She held him for a long time before resting her forehead against his and softly said to him.

“Yes. I’m home”

The End

Edited by catsi563, 07 June 2008 - 04:28 PM.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#29 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

Great story. Definitely gonna be a favorite. Hope to see more work from you. Thanks for the story.

#30 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:43 AM

=^__^= Thanks glad you enjoyed

theyll be mroe in the future

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#31 sasharae

sasharae

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

LOVED the story, I couldn't wait to see how it all ended! This was so well written and flowed so nicely. Can't wait to read more stories from you!

#32 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

=^__^= thanks glad you enjoyed

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#33 Simusar

Simusar

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

i loved your story, but i'm kinda sad it had to end, although it is a good thing that you did manage to finish it instead of just leave it half done like so many stories on the internet.

#34 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

=^__^= Thanks Yeha i defiantley didnt want to leave it hanging. Their are so many good stories I havent seen updated in years.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#35 #1NuckleHeadNinja

#1NuckleHeadNinja

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

LOVED IT! Definitely became an instant favorite smile.gif you've got real talent and i can't wait to see what else you come up with :thumbs:

#36 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

=^__^= Thanks glad you enjoyed

Im defiantely working on some ideas thats for sure.

the wedding side story, the sound invasion and Naruto rescue mission, even an alternate universe Naruto involving a 4 horsemen plot and narusaku romance in one.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users