Close
Photo

Akame Ga Kill!

akame ga kill anime manga epic we taking over

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Just binge read all the chapters yesterday, OMG I love this series. 

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#22 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

I just want to be clear on the etiquette of this thread for the future. Should we post manga discussion in spoilers or is anything fine? 

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#23 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

I guess that the best course of action is putting spoiler tags only in case.

Anyway, I do not know about this series. On one hand, the setup sounds good. On the other hand, from what you are saying, its biggest lure is how violent, "dark" and "grim" is... Unfortunately series whose lure is how bloody and dark are bore me to tears.

That is funny, since I have read/watched several manga/anime series that are pretty violent, gorey and dark, and I have liked some of them. Maybe that is the trouble. I have already watched plenty bloody anime, so excessive violence does not shock me anymore, and if it does not get -or I do not find- something else (characters, setting... whatever) that draws my interest, then it bores me, since I do not consider being a series is inherently good or interesting only because it is bloody or dark.

That is the trouble with stories that rely on shocking stuff to lure the audience in. Shock is easy. And it wears off.

Akame Ga Kill is one of them? I do not know. After all, there ARE good dark series. Since I have not watched it, I have not a opinion. Unfortunately I have read many "It is great because it so dark!" posts in this thread, and I have learnt to distrust that kind of statements. They disencourage me.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#24 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

I guess that the best course of action is putting spoiler tags only in case.

Anyway, I do not know about this series. On one hand, the setup sounds good. On the other hand, from what you are saying, its biggest lure is how violent, "dark" and "grim" is... Unfortunately series whose lure is how bloody and dark are bore me to tears.

That is funny, since I have read/watched several manga/anime series that are pretty violent, gorey and dark, and I have liked some of them. Maybe that is the trouble. I have already watched plenty bloody anime, so excessive violence does not shock me anymore, and if it does not get -or I do not find- something else (characters, setting... whatever) that draws my interest, then it bores me, since I do not consider being a series is inherently good or interesting only because it is bloody or dark.

That is the trouble with stories that rely on shocking stuff to lure the audience in. Shock is easy. And it wears off.

Akame Ga Kill is one of them? I do not know. After all, there ARE good dark series. Since I have not watched it, I have not a opinion. Unfortunately I have read many "It is great because it so dark!" posts in this thread, and I have learnt to distrust that kind of statements. They disencourage me.

Stop being prejudice. Read a chapter and see if you like it. More than likely you'll end up liking it but on the off chance that you don't then all you've lost is a few minutes of your time.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

I like the manga but its very tragic expect loses from both sides. I want to read the next chapter now!

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

Stop being prejudice. Read a chapter and see if you like it. More than likely you'll end up liking it but on the off chance that you don't then all you've lost is a few minutes of your time.

Firstly, I think that you mean "Stop being biased/prejudiced" or "Stop having prejudices" or something like that. Otherwise your sentence makes no sense. I can not "be" a prejudice.

Secondly... Who is being prejudiced? I have said that I CAN NOT OPINE because I have not watched it. Being prejudiced means pre-judging something or someone. How can I be pre-judging something I have not judged?

All I am saying is that -ironically- your comments -the comments of people that actually watches the show- have disencouraged me a bit to watch it.

And yes, obviously reading it is the only way I will know for sure if I will like or not.

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#27 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

Firstly, I think that you mean "Stop being biased/prejudiced" or "Stop having prejudices" or something like that. Otherwise your sentence makes no sense. I can not "be" a prejudice.

Secondly... Who is being prejudiced? I have said that I CAN NOT OPINE because I have not watched it. Being prejudiced means pre-judging something or someone. How can I be pre-judging something I have not judged?

All I am saying is that -ironically- your comments -the comments of people that actually watches the show- have disencouraged me a bit to watch it.

And yes, obviously reading it is the only way I will know for sure if I will like or not.

You don't need to be so defensive. If you understood the point of the message then there was no need to respond.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#28 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

You don't need to be so defensive. If you understood the point of the message then there was no need to respond.

I admit that I may have taken your comment the wrong way. The first sentence rubbed me the wrong way so I responded more heatedly than I should. I am sorry.

#29 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Episode 5 is out!

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#30 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Episode 5 is out!

Watching it now :)

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#31 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Looks like from the preview of the next episode, I'm going to cry my eyes out.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#32 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

I'm thinking of picking up the manga soon and I plan to read it all before next week's episode, so I was just wondering if the anime follows the manga well, and how long would it take for me to read up to the latest chapter?

JA2DBzd.png

#33 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

Well if you have a lot of time on your hands, it might take you 2-3 days reading all 51 chapters. This month chapter 52 will be release and maybe 53 by the end of the month. But yeah I recommend reading the manga first if you're keeping up with the anime then you can skip to ch 8. I'm wondering how many episodes they will make for this season. Considering if the 1sr season will have 25 episodes then its possible they will reach chapter 33 or 34 of the manga. So next year in the 2nd season they can release 25 more.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#34 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

Episode 6 is out! I was right I'm crying my eyes out right now why WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#35 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Episode 6 is out! I was right I'm crying my eyes out right now why WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!

:glomp:

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#36 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

Found out the 1st season has 24 episodes which means they might reach ch 35 or 36.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#37 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Episode 7 is out next episode its going to be sad.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#38 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

Episode 7 is out next episode its going to be sad.

Thanks for the reminder. Watching it now.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#39 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

Is it just me or the anime is going too fast? At this rate they might actually reach the manga even if its only 24 episodes.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

Glad to have another fan of the series. I'm dying waiting for the next chapter.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: akame ga kill, anime, manga, epic, we taking over

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users