• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#61 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:21 AM

Is Nisekoi ending or something? I legit skip in this series because at times it feels like filler lol

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#62 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

Is Nisekoi ending or something? I legit skip in this series because at times it feels like filler lol

I feel like we're getting there. I'll give it twenty minutes. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#63 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

My cousin Ria is sorta hopes that Marika and Raku end up together.

The idea of Marika and Raku isn't bad but I think its kind of too late for her. Raku doesn't show any romantic interest in her and it feels like its near the end.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#64 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:18 PM

I skip it cause the hi-jinx is getting old. -_- And the fact that Raku is so biased to Kosaki without valid reason. Now I don't dislike the fact that he is saying he likes her by itself, it's more along the lines of he is stating she is the one he truly likes yet is not doing anything about it. Like forget the fact that he's not confessing, He isn't doing anything remotely similar to getting to know who Kosaki is as a person. Does he know her hobbies, what she likes or dislikes or anything like that? What does he actually like about her besides the fact that she is feminine and fusses over him getting injured like a mother? Even their so called developments is them for one reason or another ending up alone, he swoons at his good fortune but doesn't even hold proper conversation or ask her questions.

Compare this to his interactions with Chitoge. He knows her hobbies, what she likes or doesn't like to eat and generally just has the best understanding of her as a result of all their (fake) dates but she gets the shorter end of the stick in regards to his "feelings". Well If I'm wrong about his progression with Kosaki let me know cause I skip over those chapters cause what I have stated above seriously annoys me. the fact that he likes Kosaki so much with out even a proper reason as to why and is so dismissive how he feels about of Chitoge, seeing her as only a facade obligation and a friend. :dry:   

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 August 2015 - 02:21 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#65 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:42 AM

Give it some time. Maybe he'll realize that soon.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#66 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:20 AM

Yeah that's true. I'll wait and see. :smile:

#67 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

I skip it cause the hi-jinx is getting old. -_- And the fact that Raku is so biased to Kosaki without valid reason. Now I don't dislike the fact that he is saying he likes her by itself itself, it's more along the lines of he is stating she is the one he truly likes yet is not doing anything about it. Like forget the fact that he's not confessing, He isn't doing anything remotely similar to getting to know who Kosaki is as a person. Does he know her hobbies, what she likes or dislikes or anything like that. What does he actually like about her besides the fact that she is feminine and fusses over him getting injured like a mother? Even their so called developments is them for one reason or another ending up alone, he swoons at his good fortune but doesn't even hold proper conversation or ask her questions.

Compare this to his interactions with Chitoge. He knows her hobbies, what she likes or doesn't like to eat and generally just has the best understanding of her as a result of all their (fake) dates but she gets the shorter end of the stick in regards to his "feelings". Well If I'm wrong about his progression with Kosaki let me know cause I skip over those chapters cause what I have stated above seriously annoys me. the fact that he likes Kosaki so much with out even a proper reason as to why and is so dismissive how he feels about of Chitoge, seeing her as only a facade obligation and a friend. :dry:   

I feel the same, I don't want Kosaki to get with him because their dynamic isn't strong and we didn't really see her grow as much as Chitoge but I won't mind if they do get together though xD

Joui Four

#68 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:48 AM

I feel the same, I don't want Kosaki to get with him because their dynamic isn't strong and we didn't really see her grow as much as Chitoge but I won't mind if they do get together though xD

Agreed unlike NH at the very least Kosaki can have a decent conversation with Raku plus they both do have a thing for each other. now as I said before I don't really care who Raku gets, but if I'm looking at it from a story perspective it's probably gonna be Chitoge and I'm totally fine with that. 

#69 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:58 AM

I think we've had more story progression this past few weeks than we have in the entire previous three plus years of the manga, his situation with Yui has been sorted, Marika looks like might be resolved next week, but her situation with her mother might lead to further developments there.

It's a shame that Marika looks like she'll end up getting rejected, she's much more interesting than Onedera and Chitoge, I don't know why but Chitoge's relationship with the MC has not been developed well, it's like the Mangaka couldn't get their relationship past the unwilling lovers stage, and the ultra shy hijicks relationship between Raku and Onedera also got too repetitive.

I think he'll end up with Onedera in the end, because frankly it would make no sense for Raku to suddenly fall for someone else. with Chitoge the only other possability, but those two lack chemistry, somehow the types of relationships I like probably the one I like the least here.

iAnby7W.gif

#70 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

tumblr_ns7zeuXILN1tmwi63o1_400.jpgtumblr_ns7zeuXILN1tmwi63o2_400.jpg

tumblr_ns7zeuXILN1tmwi63o3_400.jpgtumblr_ns7zeuXILN1tmwi63o4_250.jpg

onodera's charm just doubled for me here   :wub:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#71 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

I think we've had more story progression this past few weeks than we have in the entire previous three plus years of the manga, his situation with Yui has been sorted, Marika looks like might be resolved next week, but her situation with her mother might lead to further developments there.

It's a shame that Marika looks like she'll end up getting rejected, she's much more interesting than Onedera and Chitoge, I don't know why but Chitoge's relationship with the MC has not been developed well, it's like the Mangaka couldn't get their relationship past the unwilling lovers stage, and the ultra shy hijicks relationship between Raku and Onedera also got too repetitive.

I think he'll end up with Onedera in the end, because frankly it would make no sense for Raku to suddenly fall for someone else. with Chitoge the only other possability, but those two lack chemistry, somehow the types of relationships I like probably the one I like the least here.

Well it makes sense to me since I feel it's natural to fall in love with someone else. there are only three scenarios in my opinion where you would only commit your interest in a person 1) you're already in a relationship with them 2) you are obsessed and posessive of them or 3) they are not the one you feel most strongly about but you stay with them by choice. 

Now I don't mind per say if Raku gets with Kosaki at all cause they have development and mutual feelings, but the fact is that he has no real basis for liking her other than the fact that she represents ideal Japanese femininity. Cultural differences aside, to me any man that wants a woman all nurturing and motherly towards him most likely has some sort of mother complex or is so insecure about his masculinity he needs someone for him to feel masculine to in comparison at the very least, which is what's bothering me here, again cultural differences aside.

Chitoge on the other hand, while does have my overall preference, has a major flaw herself which I will also point out. First off  her tsundere attitude is overall abused to death in anime for the most part and truth be told I am a little sick of it for 2 main reasons. 1) Japanese see it as funny and romantic tension, whereas I see it as boring and overused, plus arguing and the banter between such a character(which is childish if you ask me) is pretty uninteresting or unoriginal. 2) An actual tsundere in real life WOULD come across as emotionally unstable and needs psychological therapy wouldn't you think? This and the fact in real life Who would actually think that you like someone if you are just verbally and physically abusing them? which is why I actually appreciate series where this point is, well pointed out. That said, Chitoge's initial hostility towards Raku is justified because she did apologize for kneeing him in the face and couldn't do it properly to his person cause she was in a rush not to be late, plus the fact is that he humiliated her if front of the entire class by calling her a berserk violent woman (or something to that effect). The fact is they just met (so how would he know her enough to say that) and she wanted a good first impression which was totally ruined now. So Raku sort of deserved her hitting him for that and the thing is he didn't even want to acknowledge it was partly self inflicted.

Marika next. Well I suppose our opinions will have to differ for this one cause you call her the most interesting character, while I call her bland. Why? because she has no actual mind set other than Raku, no ideology or goals. basically her character mostly involves caring about, obsessing and idolizing only one person and to me that is the the most boring and uninteresting type of character. The one that only lives and breathes for one person. I may like this sort of character but they will never grow on me. Plus I find it incredibly hypocritical of her saying she can't stand Yui for being like a child and wanting everyone to be happy and not making up her mind when she doesn't want to hurt anyone and herself when she (Marika) fell for such a person who is indecisive and can't even sort out his own feelings until recently. a character that only cares for another character may seem sympathetic and I don't dislike them, but that kind of obsession with only one person is unhealthy and if that person goes away the character in question simply loses their only defining aspect and there for freezes totally in terms of personality and development, if they don't commit suicide over the loss of their only motivation for living. At least Chitoge is more open and wants to have friends and Kosaki has a friend in Ruri and has more to her than just Raku.

and my biggest ire for this series and any harem in general. is that all girls fall for the same guy just on the basis of his kindness and selflessness. My only complaint on this is that of course the main character is a sweet and understanding person cause ALL other single males in their universe are either a kitten or a pervert that stalks or objectifies the girls. The main character of a harem setting is sort of a loser and doesn't have much in common with some of his potential harem candidates, and the only reason things go his way in terms of girls is because he's made down right decent in comparison to every other unpaired male in the setting. Of course any girl would fall for a guy if  any other suitor was a scumbag or lust incarnate that puts said girl on a pedestal.   

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 November 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#72 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

and my biggest ire for this series and any harem in general. is that all girls fall for the same guy just on the basis of his kindness and selflessness. My only complaint on this is that of course the main character is a sweet and understanding person cause ALL other single males in their universe are either an kitten or a pervert that stalks or objectifies the girls. The main character of a harem setting is sort of a loser and doesn't have much in common with some of his potential harem candidates, and the only reason things go his way in terms of girls is because he's made down right decent in comparison to every other unpaired male in the setting. Of course any girl would fall for a guy if  any other suitor was a scumbags or lust incarnate that puts said girl on a pedestal.   

there's shuu.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#73 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

Oh I haven't forgotten Shuu It's only that his default personality is what I just described. If he only showed his more mature and insightful side more then I'd mention him too, and the thing is the girls don't like him (Well besides Ruri potentially) is because he mostly acts like the 99% of all single males in any harem setting which again I've pointed out.

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 August 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#74 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

tumblr_nsnydzKqtt1ucymtyo1_500.jpg

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#75 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

I think she's catching on as of the second latest chapter.

#76 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

I think she's catching on as of the second latest chapter.

no, she is the most dense nisekoi character imo

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#77 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

I think if she does catches on, she'll be the kind of character who will push her feelings aside but who knows

Joui Four

#78 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

I think if she does catches on, she'll be the kind of character who will push her feelings aside but who knows

I got to say this is probably the one series that I'm not going to be super pissed about when it comes to the series because I honestly see it a fun comedy harem that anybody can read if they are into those genres. 

Onodera I know she has her problems if we look at it from a critical standpoint, but I think her interactions with Raku are just so amusing to read through. The same thing can be applied to Chitoge especially when it comes to her trying to get Raku's attention yet he's so dense to even tell stuff like that is even happening.  

#79 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

no, she is the most dense nisekoi character imo

Well she did question the reaction Raku had when recieving chocolate from Kosaki versus his reaction to getting from her 

#80 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:01 PM

marika's mother is the cutest and the cruelest, lol.

chapter 186

Edited by Hanabi, 19 September 2015 - 08:07 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users