1457 replies to this topic

#1161 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

People cared about Satoshi actually winning the league. Pairing is a plus.

#1162 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

So I just realized that the subs for Sun and Moon stopped at Episode 25...  I know the raws for 26-33 have been out.. so I've been kinda curious why haven't any of the subs come out for those episodes? 

Subs in Spanish are on, something wrong with the English, but if this channel can do this so...

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-JZu8gBTZZ0

Edited by Liu bie, 15 July 2017 - 12:14 AM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#1163 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:36 AM

People cared about Satoshi actually winning the league. Pairing is a plus.

And for this is a video, fair point, but still... ( Hey 4life it has been long I have not quote you)

The pairing plus has become important.

#1164 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:21 AM

I really wonder why is it so effective for Brock and Misty not present equal no buy. Lol. I will watch it soon.

#1165 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:56 AM

I really wonder why is it so effective for Brock and Misty not present equal no buy. Lol. I will watch it soon.

my main issue isn't that it has anything to do with pairing, it has to do with being a f you to the fans who didn't only watch the series for ash and pikachu, and watched it for every character and is more leaning towards new fans than the fans that the show had originally and is leaned more towards MARKETING. 

why does it always go back to how we're biased just because we watched the original to these people?

so here's the issue, we dislike naruto because a side character and anti hero became more important than the main characters and the entire story. now in this aspect, the 2 first characters/main characters of the series have become more important than every other character and the story. I'm seeing a trend here: characters becoming more important than the story and other characters and ruining stories because of it. ALL FOR MARKETING.

this is a "thank you to the fans?"

we didn't watch these series for just ash and pikachu or just any character, we did it for the story  of ash and pikachu, the story of naruto.

THE JOURNEY.

Edited by ultranx, 15 July 2017 - 03:14 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#1166 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

When I think about this movie, I always say to myself that there's really wouldn't be any difference if they'd put Misty and Brock instead of new characters. At least no damaging to the original plot of the series.

Well, writers change from one writer to another every while, so I hope the future writer holds places for Misty and Brock to make a comeback during the series like it used to.

Edited by T XD, 17 July 2017 - 10:50 PM.

#1167 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

my main issue isn't that it has anything to do with pairing, it has to do with being a f you to the fans who didn't only watch the series for ash and pikachu, and watched it for every character and is more leaning towards new fans than the fans that the show had originally and is leaned more towards MARKETING. 

why does it always go back to how we're biased just because we watched the original to these people?

so here's the issue, we dislike naruto because a side character and anti hero became more important than the main characters and the entire story. now in this aspect, the 2 first characters/main characters of the series have become more important than every other character and the story. I'm seeing a trend here: characters becoming more important than the story and other characters and ruining stories because of it. ALL FOR MARKETING.

this is a "thank you to the fans?"

we didn't watch these series for just ash and pikachu or just any character, we did it for the story  of ash and pikachu, the story of naruto.

THE JOURNEY.

Well it's not a thank you to the fans, so I'm not treating it as such. I'm not treating as a source of nostalgia either, I'll just watch the movie as it's own movie and properly critique the writing as it is

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1168 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

After thinking a lot in the end I could not help it and brought this topic just for fun. The next 24th of July Death Battle from Screwattack on YT will bring another Pokemon VS Digimon Lucario VS Renamon( At Comic com). I know I know many maybe some  doesn't like this channel, I thought will be fun give our opinions who would win this battle in our own terms.

4491670-7220512703-__luc.jpg

Until now we know:

No evolution( at least if someone knows to evolve in the instead)

No Trainer, no Tamer.

Renamon:

Renamon_jump.png

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Renamon

is an Animal Digimon whose name and design are derived from "Renard" (FraFox (Vulpes vulpes)). According to Chiaki J. Konaka's notes, Renamon was originally going to be named "Lunamon"(ルナモン?).[5] It has the appearance of a golden fox. Renamon is a Digimon whose relationship with humans is expressed bluntly, so depending on how it was raised during its time as an In-Training, it is said that it can digivolve to a Renamon of particularly high intelligence. As it is always calm, cool, and collected, it is practiced enough that it doesn't lose that composure in any situation. Its slender, tall appearance excels when compared with other Rookies, and rather than Power Battling, it makes sport of the enemy with various arts that use its speed.[6]

Lucario.

https://bulbapedia.b...ario_(Pokémon)

200px-PM_448-b.png

Lucario is a bipedal, canine-like Pokémon, with fur that is predominantly blue and black. It possesses a short, round spike on the back of each forepaw, in addition to a third on its chest. It has a long snout and ears. When its mouth is open, it has two pairs of pointed teeth, one in the upper jaw and one in the lower. It possesses cream-colored fur on its torso, and blue fur on its thighs that resembles shorts. It has a medium length tail of the same blue color as well. It stands on its toes rather than on its entire foot. It has developed four small black appendages on its head, which rise when Lucario reads or manipulates aura, a special energy that it senses. Lucario can study this energy to predict the movements of their opponents and track their quarry. They also have the power to manipulate this energy in an offensive manner, in the form of explosive spheres of energy. Lucario can understand human speech, and have been reported to communicate with humans through telepathy.

#1169 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

Well they can at least be consistent about it and have Renamon win since technically Digimon are stronger than Pokemon :ermm:

#1170 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

For me:

Just for looking both profiles leaving out  any anime or manga fact as much I like Renamon to win looks like Lucario has the edge in only profile.

Well they can at least be consistent about it and have Renamon win since technically Digimon are stronger than Pokemon :ermm:

But how would win Renamon? Bud

#1171 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

Using her mega form? that's what happened with Agumon and Charizard right? actually Lucario is already fully evolved so we'll see how it plays out

#1172 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Using her mega form? that's what happened with Agumon and Charizard right? actually Lucario is already fully evolved so we'll see how it plays out

But bud looks like Rika or Korrina won't be there. Last battle Tai and Red were there.

#1173 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Goooo Renamon. One of my best Digimons :cool:

#1174 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

But bud looks like Rika or Korrina won't be there. Last battle Tai and Red were there.

that's fine the partners don't really decide the outcome truth be told XD except for evolving

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 July 2017 - 10:28 PM.

#1175 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

I'm still hyped for the movie... xD

But yeah there's a theory that the sun and moon anime and the movie are in an alternative universe.

I think someone said that all the previous traveling companions will show up during the end credits of the movie, but who knows if that is true haha.

I guess we'll just have to see.

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#1176 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

No the sun Moon anime is the main universe. The movie supposedly is in an alternate universe

#1177 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

Pokemon can do so much better if it did allow characters to grow and change. If i were the head of the pokemon company i wouldn't mind retconning the current pokemon anime to non canon. Since its going rinse and repeat over and over again they could still make ash anime go on forever but it will be non canon. Then I would make another canon that both sutible for young teens and adult fandom that does allow ash to grow up and become a pokemon master instead of being just there to be a marketing tool. 

Edited by rikakim94, 26 July 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#1178 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

Congratulations Pokemon Lucario won. I thought I would so salty, but as much I guess I knew it that between profiles Lucario was superior than Renamon.

#1179 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

Okaaaaaaay............................... Not that I'm not happy, but I feel that is insonsistent. :mellow:

#1180 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

Pokemon can do so much better if it did allow characters to grow and change. If i were the head of the pokemon company i wouldn't mind retconning the current pokemon anime to non canon. Since its going rinse and repeat over and over again they could still make ash anime go on forever but it will be non canon. Then I would make another canon that both sutible for young teens and adult fandom that does allow ash to grow up and become a pokemon master instead of being just there to be a marketing tool. 

I feel so too but I get the feeling they are not letting the characters grow up because they want to keep the appeal of Pokemon to kids, and they are not changing Ash to another new main character because they wwant Pikachu to be the eternal mascot to the series. That's my guess anyway 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users