• Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

#1 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

I'm curious who else is following this series? I started with the anime and liked it enough to check out the manga, and I've read up to chapter 46 so far. I think it's a really good, enjoyable story and I love Yona's character growth.

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

What is this, a shoujo?

#3 Kleine Weiss

Kleine Weiss

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Theatre, Music (classical, JPOP, cinematic), Dogs, Sketching, Worldbuilding, Art & Graphic Design

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:33 AM

^It is. But it's a good kind of shoujo. One of the best kind today IMO. It doesn't focus on romance but instead on the character's growth and journey. 

I am following it too, I started reading the manga when it was new and then it got adapted into anime, Studio Pierrot only though  :down: but since I love the story, I still watch the anime, surprisingly SP's doing a good job.

Tobirama goes to McDonalds

by HeathenCryX on deviantART

2-versions_zpsqxuemqx4.gif

and some NS with Kishi being a kitten inspired by it.

#4 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

What is this, a shoujo?

Yes, it's a shoujo, but a very good shoujo. And like Kleine Weiss said, it's not focused on romance.

^It is. But it's a good kind of shoujo. One of the best kind today IMO. It doesn't focus on romance but instead on the character's growth and journey. 

I am following it too, I started reading the manga when it was new and then it got adapted into anime, Studio Pierrot only though  :down: but since I love the story, I still watch the anime, surprisingly SP's doing a good job.

I was really surprised when I found out SP were the ones animating it, and even more surprised that they've done a decent job, so far. Hopefully they'll keep it up.

#5 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

Chapter 70 has been translated.

http://www.mangapand...katsuki-no-yona

http://www,mangahere...atsuki_no_yona/

http://www.readmanga...katsuki-no-Yona

#6 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:20 PM

Found this thread!!!!!

I just saw the new episode of Akatsuki no Yona... I love this anime. I'm not kidding. I'm generally someone who doesn't judge an anime based on its animation studio's previous stupid actions (aka The Last). This anime adapts every single page from the manga, the pacing is perfect, the voice acting is pretty good, and the music is fitting (well, except for the second opening.).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#7 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

Found this thread!!!!!

I just saw the new episode of Akatsuki no Yona... I love this anime. I'm not kidding. I'm generally someone who doesn't judge an anime based on its animation studio's previous stupid actions (aka The Last). This anime adapts every single page from the manga, the pacing is perfect, the voice acting is pretty good, and the music is fitting (well, except for the second opening.).

Hey, nice to see you here.

I haven't watched the newest episode yet. I'm going to later tonight though. The second opening is eh, but I love the second ending.

#8 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

Hey, nice to see you here.

I haven't watched the newest episode yet. I'm going to later tonight though. The second opening is eh, but I love the second ending.

I don't know why but I just think Akatsuki no Yona is so intrigueing. It is much more focused on politics and military tactics than other shoujo mangas. The only shoujo manga that I read that was similar to this manga is called Sakura-hime by Arina Tanemura.

The second opening had me like: What the heck is this. They should have just sticked to the first opening. It was perfect. The second ending... I don't like the voice, but that is my personal taste. But I do acknowledge that the song has some quality to it. But the animation for the ending blowed my mind.

I'm hoping so badly to see a season 2 T^T

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#9 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

I don't know why but I just think Akatsuki no Yona is so intrigueing. It is much more focused on politics and military tactics than other shoujo mangas. The only shoujo manga that I read that was similar to this manga is called Sakura-hime by Arina Tanemura.

The second opening had me like: What the heck is this. They should have just sticked to the first opening. It was perfect. The second ending... I don't like the voice, but that is my personal taste. But I do acknowledge that the song has some quality to it. But the animation for the ending blowed my mind.

I'm hoping so badly to see a season 2 T^T

I'll be pretty upset if it doesn't get a second season. :pinch: Fingers crossed.

I wonder when (or if) we'll ever find out what happened between Il and his brother -- shoot, I forgot his name -- I'm still not convinced that Il just killed him in cold blood. It's way too against his character.

#10 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

I'll be pretty upset if it doesn't get a second season. :pinch: Fingers crossed.

I wonder when (or if) we'll ever find out what happened between Il and his brother -- shoot, I forgot his name -- I'm still not convinced that Il just killed him in cold blood. It's way too against his character.

It might take a while... Seeing how the anime is about to conclude, I'm gonna go ahead and say that roughly 45 chapters of the anime will be animated. We already have over a hundred chapters. So manga material is not the problem b/c we have enough of that.

Lol, I'm pretty sure that the Soo-Won's father is the true evil brother. It's a typical trope that will take time to be revealed and explained.

Don't you just love how gradual and subtly Yona starts to fall for Hak? The romance in this manga is kept to a minimum and in a realistic way.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Shin-Ah is always so cute :wub:

Akatsuki.no.Yona.full.1782923.jpg

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#12 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

Hak and Yona FTW. (⌒_⌒)

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#13 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

Lol, I'm pretty sure that the Soo-Won's father is the true evil brother. It's a typical trope that will take time to be revealed and explained.

Don't you just love how gradual and subtly Yona starts to fall for Hak? The romance in this manga is kept to a minimum and in a realistic way.

I think so too. I have a suspicion that Soo-Won's father might be behind the death of Yona's mother, but we'll see.

Yes, that's one thing I really love about the development of Hak and Yona's relationship. It's not over the top or cheesy and it doesn't bog down the story, it's just steady and gradual, subtle but definitely there. Hak really needs to stop burying his feelings though.

Hak and Yona FTW. (⌒_⌒)

:smug:

Spoiler

#14 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

I think so too. I have a suspicion that Soo-Won's father might be behind the death of Yona's mother, but we'll see.

Yes, that's one thing I really love about the development of Hak and Yona's relationship. It's not over the top or cheesy and it doesn't bog down the story, it's just steady and gradual, subtle but definitely there. Hak really needs to stop burying his feelings though.

:smug:

Spoiler

Oh, I wish we would have known more about Yona's mom.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been 19 volumes or so released already in Japan... You have no idea how delighted I'd be if the manga was released in my country.

I have a hard time with Shoujos, just so that you know. I used to read the cheesiest shoujos you could imagine, but I'm really not that interested anymore in these mangas. Akatsuki no Yona perfectly fits my taste though it is not very famous in Japan- which is a shame if you ask me :(

Oh well, give Hak time. He's getting there :fan:

Btw, one thing I love about Yona is her naivety when it comes to romance XD It's so hilarious b/c she is so pure and innocent.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#15 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

Chapters 71 and 72 are up!

http://www.readmanga...ki-no-Yona/71/1

http://www.readmanga...ki-no-Yona/72/1

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 02 March 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#16 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

ugh, I can't read them until later tonight T^T

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#17 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:26 PM

ugh, I can't read them until later tonight T^T

Me too. :pinch:

#18 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

Just read the two newest translated chapters.

I love Yona. That confident stare she is giving the firelord is wonderfully drawn. Even Soowoon was surprised by the look in her eyes. Yona is such a well-written female character- better than some from mangas I am reading right (if you know Elizabeth from Nanatsu no Taizai, you'll understand why I love Yona so much).

Kind of confused about the last page of Ch.72... So was it Yona who said that last line? And if yes, what did she mean?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

When will people learn to stop underestimating Soo-won? He may not be much of a fighter but he sure knows strategy, enough to fool men twice his age and experience.

Is it weird that I actually like Soo-won even after the way he betrayed Yona and caused her so much pain?  :sweatdrop:  

Just read the two newest translated chapters.

I love Yona. That confident stare she is giving the firelord is wonderfully drawn. Even Soowoon was surprised by the look in her eyes. Yona is such a well-written female character- better than some from mangas I am reading right (if you know Elizabeth from Nanatsu no Taizai, you'll understand why I love Yona so much).

Kind of confused about the last page of Ch.72... So was it Yona who said that last line? And if yes, what did she mean?

I don't read Nanatsu no Taizai, but what little I've heard of it doesn't interest me much. Regardless would put Yona as one of the best written female characters I've come across in manga/anime. I love her.

I think the last line it was Yona. :headscratch: Anyways, basically I think she was referring to the fact that Kouka needs a more forceful king with the ambition to unify the tribes and create change and her realizing that Soo-won saw the need for a stronger king than Il and that's why he decided to become king himself. King Il was a good man, but a terrible king. He was too naïve and passive and that's why the country fell apart the way it did. I think Soo-won did not kill Il strictly for revenge -- though revenge was no doubt part of it -- but Soo-won is more pragmatic than that; killing Il was a means to an end. In order to bring about the change he wanted, first he had to get rid of the current, unfit king, even if it meant betraying people he cared about.

#20 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:53 PM

When will people learn to stop underestimating Soo-won? He may not be much of a fighter but he sure knows strategy, enough to fool men twice his age and experience.

Is it weird that I actually like Soo-won even after the way he betrayed Yona and caused her so much pain?  :sweatdrop:  

I don't read Nanatsu no Taizai, but what little I've heard of it doesn't interest me much. Regardless would put Yona as one of the best written female characters I've come across in manga/anime. I love her.

I think the last line it was Yona. :headscratch: Anyways, basically I think she was referring to the fact that Kouka needs a more forceful king with the ambition to unify the tribes and create change and her realizing that Soo-won saw the need for a stronger king than Il and that's why he decided to become king himself. King Il was a good man, but a terrible king. He was too naïve and passive and that's why the country fell apart the way it did. I think Soo-won did not kill Il strictly for revenge -- though revenge was no doubt part of it -- but Soo-won is more pragmatic than that; killing Il was a means to an end. In order to bring about the change he wanted, first he had to get rid of the current, unfit king, even if it meant betraying people he cared about.

But hey, the great thing is, Sunwoo doesn't care XD He is charming enough to be able to persuade the Leader of the Earth Tribe (his name escapes me right now). Eh, I don't hate Sunwoo, but am not a big fan of him either... Blame the anime b/c that voice is too soft for me XD (Don't question my logic).

Doesn't matter b/c Elizabeth- meh! And if you ask me about good developed female characters: YES! She is definitely up there for me next to Korra from the Legend of Korra, San from Princess Mononoke, Saber from Fate/Stay Night, Touka from Tokyo Ghoul, and Sakura (yeah, I don't care how much others hate her). She is incredibly well written. The author understands her characters unlike a certain someone.

Btw, do you want me to provide you a link that has Ch.90-103 translated? The quality sucks though, and you have to create your own account. So we have 103 chapters in Japan now- Zeno T^T (why yu no badass all da time?!).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users