54 replies to this topic

#21 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

have u guys watched this movie? i think it is very good movie.The plot was verygood there was a verygood balance of comedy tragedy and melody of songs. i loved the songs. it has the kick of love not only romantically but also family love care. over all i loved it

what do u gguguyguys think?

yeah i liked it i liked how it gave nods to old disney films i also liked the relationships between anna and elsa  and her and kristoff in fact 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#22 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:47 AM

i honestly thought it was boring. I didn't watch it until long after it come to dvd so maybe it just didn't live up to the large amounts of hype. I do like "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" (my niece walks around singing it and its the cutest thing ever). I guess I dont see whats so ground breaking about it? Whatever, my nieces want ever bit of Frozen merchandise they see(christmas was an elsa anna nightmare) so i guess they got something right even if i dont see it.

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#23 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

That is a bit harsh. Even if I could understand not enjoying the movie, I still can't see it being worse than Dinosaur (2000) or Chicken Little (2005).

Compared to what? I'm not trying to be too much of an apologist, I'm just curious. I would say the animation is at least close to, if not on par, with the animation featured in Pixar and/or Dreamworks studios.

In my opinion it's really not that harsh, I loved Dinosaur and Chicken Little.  

Compared to Tangled, the animation quality is completely on a whole different level, in a bad way. Maybe Disney made a mistake when they went all out for Tangled's imagery, because now all of their new animated classics are going to be compared to it's high quality. Also with amazing details that 3D animation is obtaining (like How to Train Your Dragon and Brave) it's going to be complicated for Disney if they don't catch up. 

But I also want to point out that my issues with this movie is really based on the over-hype of a mediocre story. None of the characters were interesting except Elsa, who was abused. Nobody ever talked about Princess and the Frog in the same manner as Frozen, and Big Hero 6 just came out yet people are still obsessing over Anna and Elsa.  

I'll just never understand the appeal of this movie. :\

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#24 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

The thing about Frozen tho is that is had massive potential. I think what destroyed it was how Disney just had to follow their classic movie recipe. Frozen didn't need Kristoff as a love interest, and it didn't need Hans as a villain. This is what I think was so well done with Brave! And yes I know that it was made by Pixar now. :excited: But it was very unique in that way, and the story was so well put together. The puzzle was perfect, but in Frozen it's a bit more loose.

ナルサク

#25 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

Well i think it does gives us a good message that this world can be hurting sometimes but in the end everything just turns out fine. Like anna finally got her true love. And besides i also think that to get engaged just in one day is foolish.

I have told this before telling it once again its a perfect combo of everything.
And @ lid: u stole my lines :P

Yeah I get that, but that's not what I'm against. For instance how did Anna realize she loves Kristoff and vice versa? It wasn't becasue that Anna realized that love at first sight was premature and a mistake, it was because Hans was a P***K. It had nothing to do with being engaged right away is foolish, but that the man in question is a horrible person. He is not worth liking even as a friend. What does that say, that it takes a person stabbing you in the back for you to realize you're not in love with them? As Sushi said, Hans didn't need to be a villain to deconstruct love at first sight. And to be fair, Anna and Kristoff did not spend too much time together either, but at least they showed more realism. They are not a couple in the end but, at least they acknowledge their feelings for eachother and show potential to be a couple.  My point was that you don't need to meet a horrible person to show that love at first sight is wrong. That is not deconstruction, that is common sense.

That said Anna shows the right reaction when in an abusive and manipulative relationship

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 January 2015 - 07:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

Yeah I get that, but that's not what I'm against. For instance how did Anna realize she loves Kristoff and vice versa? It wasn't becasue that Anna realized that love at first sight was premature and a mistake, it was because Hans was a P***K. It had nothing to do with being engaged right away is foolish, but that the man in question is a horrible person. He is not worth liking even as a friend. What does that say, that it takes a person stabbing you in the back for you to realize you're not in love with them? As Sushi said, Hans didn't need to be a villain to deconstruct love at first sight. And to be fair, Anna and Kristoff did not spend too much time together either, but at least they showed more realism. They are not a couple in the end but, at least they acknowledge their feelings for eachother and show potential to be a couple.  My point was that you don't need to meet a horrible person to how that love at first sight is wrong. That is not deconstruction, that is common sense.

That said Anna shows the right reaction when in an abusive and manipulative relationship

Yeah i do agree with u and sushi. I couldnt understand what was kristoff and hans role either! But over all i will give the movie 3/ 5 . Because i liked the comedy i liked the song. I liked relationship between anna and elsa . The film was based on those two so it kinda saved the film from being spoiled.

When i first watched the film till the time hans turned out to be a mole . U know when they were about to kiss i thought hans was the one true love not kristoff. But then there were scene where kristoff and anna showed some feelings towards eachother . So i was damn confused at that time.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#27 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

Yeah i do agree with u and sushi. I couldnt understand what was kristoff and hans role either! But over all i will give the movie 3/ 5 . Because i liked the comedy i liked the song. I liked relationship between anna and elsa . The film was based on those two so it kinda saved the film from being spoiled.

When i first watched the film till the time hans turned out to be a mole . U know when they were about to kiss i thought hans was the one true love not kristoff. But then there were scene where kristoff and anna showed some feelings towards eachother . So i was damn confused at that time.

It didn't pop up in my head that Hans'd be a villain at first, but there was something fishy about him. He was way too perfect and had a flat personality! x) I didn't know he'd be a villain tho, I just suspected Anna would end up with Kristoff instead. Because he seemed like the more well-rounded, genuine one, and their intereactions had more of a dynamic.

ナルサク

#28 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

Yeah I liked the Anna and Elsa bond too.  :smile:

#29 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:48 AM

Frozen to me reminded me why I liked Disney so much, and that was the songs. Sure Rapunzel had a few cute songs, but they didn't stay in my head for too long and honestly I can't even think of any of them off the top of my head right now. However Frozen was different, and I watched it right when it came out. The songs were so catchy and fun, and again I fell in love in them when it first came out, this was before it was blasted all over the place. Also I loved Anna and Elsa's bond. I couldn't stop laughing when Disney was poking fun at itself with love at first sight, and the ending was a big surprise, not only with Hans being a douche, but with Anna breaking the cure herself. That really surprised me.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#30 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

Yeah I get that, but that's not what I'm against. For instance how did Anna realize she loves Kristoff and vice versa? It wasn't becasue that Anna realized that love at first sight was premature and a mistake, it was because Hans was a P***K. It had nothing to do with being engaged right away is foolish, but that the man in question is a horrible person. He is not worth liking even as a friend. What does that say, that it takes a person stabbing you in the back for you to realize you're not in love with them? As Sushi said, Hans didn't need to be a villain to deconstruct love at first sight. And to be fair, Anna and Kristoff did not spend too much time together either, but at least they showed more realism. They are not a couple in the end but, at least they acknowledge their feelings for eachother and show potential to be a couple.  My point was that you don't need to meet a horrible person to how that love at first sight is wrong. That is not deconstruction, that is common sense.

Anna thought Hans cared about her. It didn't take him becoming a villain for her to realize that--he let her know he didn't care about her WHEN he became a villain. Also it was Anna's very first time out of the castle and she couldn't tell the different between love and infatuation. We have to give her some props for dropping Hans immediately after finding out he was evil and not continuing to crush after him.
Anna and Kristoff only spent like a day together but it was just the beginning of their life as friends. I'm sure their chemistry will develop into real love soon. He's a better match for her anyway with his witty comebacks and attitude. I'm glad Frozen added the good guy/bad guy thing along with the sisters' love. It has good messages for kids.

#31 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

Anna and kristoff still kissed after a day tho^ :P

ナルサク

#32 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:06 AM

Anna and kristoff still kissed after a day tho^ :P

Well at least they got to know eachother for 24 hours first. That's a record for Disney.

#33 tekopi

tekopi

Randomness Practitioner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Foods, Books, Martial Art, Play MPV, Rock Climbing, Camping, Ukulelelele, Sony MP3, Sony Xperia, Sony Everything!!

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

It's a good movie to me..probably great. Kristen really compelled anna character well, and elsa, at first after I watched it, I thought Idina voice was more suitable if elsa role was to be the antagonist of the story. But when I read some trivial fact that in the beginning elsa was really intended to be the main villain, i was like, no wonder. And it really suit her well, since she was hinted that way when she hide herself at the mountain, even go as far as willing to harm someone unintentionally when she was threaten. The rest, I have no complain whatsoever.

Whoever had watched this cutie pie

a9LmPMo_700b_zpspu05hup0.jpg

You Are Sick...Just like me  :hehehe: 

#34 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

Well at least they got to know eachother for 24 hours first. That's a record for Disney.

Excuse-me.

mulan_11.jpg

Ever heard about them? 

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#35 tekopi

tekopi

Randomness Practitioner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Foods, Books, Martial Art, Play MPV, Rock Climbing, Camping, Ukulelelele, Sony MP3, Sony Xperia, Sony Everything!!

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:06 AM

Excuse-me.

mulan_11.jpg

Ever heard about them? 

And them :

Milo02.jpg

Whoever had watched this cutie pie

a9LmPMo_700b_zpspu05hup0.jpg

You Are Sick...Just like me  :hehehe: 

#36 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:37 AM

Excuse-me.

mulan_11.jpg

Ever heard about them? 

He thought Mulan was a guy half the time lol. But yeah I guess there are more. I was only specifically thinking about the old Disney princess movies: Snow White Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. I like those movies but you gotta admit the romance was cheap and shallow.

#37 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:54 AM

He thought Mulan was a guy half the time lol. But yeah I guess there are more. I was only specifically thinking about the old Disney princess movies: Snow White Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. I like those movies but you gotta admit the romance was cheap and shallow.

They had time to start a relationship, he thinking that she's a guy or not. What about Beauty and the Beast? She is an old Disney princess. 

And them :

Milo02.jpg

Yup!

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#38 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:07 AM

And them :

Milo02.jpg

Ohh ohh yes. It was some movie named atlantis ir something like that .it was a good movie.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#39 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:27 AM

They had time to start a relationship, he thinking that she's a guy or not. What about Beauty and the Beast? She is an old Disney princess. 

Yup!

Yeah she is but the story isn't the classic love at first sight romance that the other three have. Btw Beauty and the Beast is stockholm syndrome xD. Not that I care or mind. All romantic/sexual love has a bit of obsession and possessiveness in it which makes it different from platonic love. It's why infatuation and real love is so hard to distinguish from the other. The latter can exist with the former but the former by itself will fade.

#40 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Anna thought Hans cared about her. It didn't take him becoming a villain for her to realize that--he let her know he didn't care about her WHEN he became a villain. Also it was Anna's very first time out of the castle and she couldn't tell the different between love and infatuation. We have to give her some props for dropping Hans immediately after finding out he was evil and not continuing to crush after him.
Anna and Kristoff only spent like a day together but it was just the beginning of their life as friends. I'm sure their chemistry will develop into real love soon. He's a better match for her anyway with his witty comebacks and attitude. I'm glad Frozen added the good guy/bad guy thing along with the sisters' love. It has good messages for kids.

Don't get me wrong I understand and acknowledge that.  :smile:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users