Close
Photo

Chapter 296 Discussion (Scanlation, RAW, Script)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#21 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

Click For Spoiler

I suddenly feel very ominous about Sakura's vow to find Sasuke alone. I was thinking about it in class (instead of doing work >.>;;) and I think after this arc, she may go off to find Sasuke on her own.

Think about it:

Naruto is out of commission. Snakey Jackson is going for Sasuke's body like... now. I think there's a high probability that Sakura will leave Naruto with Yamato or in the hospital and go to find Sasuke on her own. (maybe she'll take Kakashi? O.o)
(Of course, I have no doubt that Naruto will chase after her when he gets better)

That's going off just what we have no. Sai could have something nasty up his sleeve and throw the whole thing into chaos.

I've been thinking about Smiter-kun's idea of Danzou offering an attack on Konoha to Orochimaru. If Sasuke takes part in this attack, there is no way he's coming back. Not even bringing back Oro's head will redeem himself.

Right now, there's still a chance (not that I want him to come back or anything, he can stay molested for all I care). I mean, no one died on Sasuke Retrieval Mission and I doubt Naruto is going to press charges. But if he attacks Konoha directly, Naruto and Sakura are going to have to give up on their promise. (or Sasuke will face the death penalty at least. Yay! Attack Konoha, Sasuke! )

#22 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

You know after rereading the chapter, I've just realized something. Kabuto pretty much got Sakura thinking of Naruto and his promise, notice how far he is willing to go to keep it, and possibly got her thinking of any feelings she has for Naruto. Though, I don't think Kabuto did it intentionally. Though I think he realizes that the feelings they have between each other now when Sakura ran to Naruto in 4 tail Kyuubi mode.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#23 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

I freaking called it. (Why do we all have "click for spoiler when we know the whole thread is about the chapter O.o)
Just read it now...I KNEW sakura was gonna do that...but ppl on the naruto forums wre like NO SHE WONT,...haw! *runs away

#24 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:28 PM

*curls up in a ball shape and rolls around* ^___^ This chapter made me so unbelievably happy. I'll be giggling all day now.

Love is everything.

#25 Guest_jtl889_*

Guest_jtl889_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:37 PM

aw man, this chapter was best in terms of narusaku content. it was great. i first read it this morning before leaving, and i didn't realize that sakura was clutching her heart in the first page (or so) until i read smiter's comment about it. this saga is apparently just a mere transitional saga leading into the next one. my guess is that naruto will learn to CONTROL the power of the kyuubi for sakura so he can kick ass and not hurt her at the same time.

#26 Muttz

Muttz

Chuunin

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:God. Working with Shelter Animals, specifically dogs. Dogs in general...and Animals in general...I think we see where this is going. Art. Reading. Jon Mclaughlin.

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

ooooh my goodness what a wonderful chapter! *is warm and happy inside* 297 please come faster, we need you!

I'm with sori w/ the ominous feeling...it just seems like a strange thing to say. Then again i'm paranoid when it comes to naru/saku lovin.

#27 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:10 AM

Sori-chan, Haylee-chan, calm down. XD

The most important thing to remember is that Sakura was crying her eyes out. She couldn't bear seeing Naruto hurting like that. She was not thinking straight, she just wanted to run to him and help him.

If she stopped for a second and thought, she would know there was no way Naruto would ever drop his promise. happy.gif But she blurted it out in the hope that maybe it would help - because she knows he is going through a lot of pain, trying to shoulder the burden on his own.

Now, Sakura may not be able to make Naruto drop the promise, but I believe there is a very strong chance that, within the next few chapters, something is going to happen to draw our favourite couple closer together. I believe that Naruto is going to see that he has someone very precious who cares very deeply for him.

Remember, Naruto pushed Sakura away a couple of times in Part Two by trying to pretend everything was okay. We even saw in Itachi's genjutsu that he felt Sakura blamed him in some way for the broken promise. He was isolating himself and succumbing to his frustrations and fears. That's why he kept using Kyuubi so easily since the Gaara arc in Part Two.

So, I think that by realising Sakura cares very deeply for him, an important change could occur in Naruto. He could at least control his frustrations, his temper.

Sakura knows going on her own to get Sasuke would be suicide. But she just said that because she wants Naruto to stop using Kyuubi like that. If Naruto can at least promise to stop doing it, she won't need to go on her own. happy.gif

Remember, they made a promise to go together, to protect each other.

297 shall reveal more! So far, all my theories about Naruto and Sakura are paying off. I hope I'll still be on a roll. wink.gif

Just remember. We've had those little hints in Part One, then the massive impact of 245, then all those little unresolved hints, building up to this very moment. This moment is not over yet.

If we do not get development between those two (a talk, a hug, full on hardcore smex, whatever), I will force myself to write a SasuSaku fic.

That, to me, is a fate worse than death (no offence to SasuSaku fans, I just am not a fan of that pairing). But I'm saying this because I know something is going to happen. tongue.gif

#28 Jameshawking

Jameshawking

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:24 AM

Ahem. Smiter is totally right. The next chapter will DEFINITELY have some developement with NaruSaku, probably a major one. I personally believe that full on hardcore smex would be THE best development! :thumbs: Ultimate development, man.

Great, now I've gone and soiled my perfectly prestine mind with NaruSaku action! I blame you, Smiter!

#29 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 23 2006, 08:10 PM)
Sori-chan, Haylee-chan, calm down. XD

insert smiter's long quote here

LOL at this point Sasuke x Sakura wouldn't make sense anyway
based on other shounen manga's ive read and the way the story's unveiling (based on my cheesey predictions actually coming true ninja.gif ) Naru x Saku has a VERY high chance of happening biggrin.gif

#30 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

Unfortunately, I don't expect any MAJOR NaruSaku next chapter. At least half of it will be Sai & Oro sleep.gif And according to the preview, Naruto will be injured next chapter, so he most likely won't be concious.

But...nice long post, Smiter :thumbs: I agree with the rest.

#31 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:56 AM

lol, I do give off a lot of hot air. XD

Well, Daniee, I guess I meant the development would be something to happen within this very arc, within the next few chapters. smile.gif Still, there is the chance we could see Sakura taking care of Naruto, more thoughts from her if Naruto cannot wake up. He's injured, and she's the medic after all.

Thanks for the compliment. :thumbs:

I agree that SasuSaku just doesn't make sense any more (well, it never really did to me, but hey, that is my personal opinion XD), it was shot apart by 245 (even if the SasuSakus deny it), and now we're seeing a bit more crumble away.

As we all know, if Sakura was only going to go for Sasuke, why would Kishi even bother having her feel attracted to Naruto? A lot of mangas and such have the love interest chase some bishonen while ignoring the hero, then realise she likes the nice guy hero.

#32 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 24 2006, 01:10 AM)
If we do not get development between those two (a talk, a hug, full on hardcore smex, whatever), I will force myself to write a SasuSaku fic.

Decontamination room on standby, just in case. wink.gif

I can imagine Naruto's going to be unconscious after the last 'Raaaaaargh!' scene in the chapter (The one where it looked like he was surfacing from a vat of oil tongue.gif), in which case I believe we can expect a scene with Sakura attempting to tend to him and scolding him at the same time.

And dammit, I want NarutoForums to work again. But I know what I'll find there. 'ZOMG SAKURA SAID SHE WANTED TO GO FIND SASUKE-KUN ALONE!' posters, or whatever it was.

#33 Jameshawking

Jameshawking

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

:Flashing green lights and incredibly loud sirens ring through H&E: EMERGENCY! CODE 7 EMERGENCY! SMITER'S BEEN CONTAMINATED! I NEED 7CC'S OF IBUPROFIN AND 16 mL OF WTFWHEREYOUTHINKING STAT! WE HAVE A JOB PEOPLE! WE CAN'T LET HIM DIE AND FLIP TO SASUSAKU!

lol, jk. Just had to do that.

#34 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:59 AM

w00t.gif I did NOT expect this chapter to be THIS good!This was...awsome!I think more naru/saku action will be happening in chapter 298 or 299 or something though sleep.gif Sai's gotta explain himself in the next chapter.

#35 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:20 AM

Oh my gosh. This Chapter = Love wub.gif

Shikamaru is on the cover. Nothing can go wrong when he's on the cover! a_dance.gif Sakura thinking about Naruto's promise and how far he will go to keep that promise. I wanted to squeek and tear up at the same time. When she ran to Naruto and said its okay, I cant stop jumping up and down. We almost had a flying glomp. And Kabuto being a NaruSaku fan? Too great for words.

To sum it up, I want the next chapter now. a_spaz.gif

#36 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:50 AM

I agree, it is a great chapter for NaruSaku fans and I can't wait to see what happens next.

uc.png

#37 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (Daniee78 @ Feb 23 2006, 08:39 PM)
Unfortunately, I don't expect any MAJOR NaruSaku next chapter.  At least half of it will be Sai & Oro  sleep.gif  And according to the preview, Naruto will be injured next chapter, so he most likely won't be concious.

But...nice long post, Smiter  :thumbs:  I agree with the rest.

We might see some NaruSaku from Sakura's end if we get any major moments.

Oh and I expect if Smiter went to write a SasuSaku, he'd screw it up and end up writing a NaruSaku. That or it'll be a SasuSaku but it'll suck so badly that even SasuSaku fans will hate it. tongue.gif
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#38 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:56 AM

Like the rest of you guys, I just loved this chapter, but what can we do if the SasuSaku fans are in denial. The only way this is only to go down is once Kishi makes it official.

I do like Kabuto alot because he's such a rogue character. Even while he serves Oro, you can definitely tell that he has his own agenda. He's definitely an interesting character.

Guys, HEAVEN & EARTH unite! Once Narutoforums comes back, we should attack the discussion by force and show how this is totally NaruSaku. We have such a talented group of debaters that I have no doubt in my mind that we'll own all threads about this.

#39 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:38 AM

This is interesting. I just checked the SasuSaku LJ community to see what they were saying about this chapter and...there's nothing. Not a word. You'd think there would be something. But no. Nothing.

Anyways. Great chapter, but what I'm really thinking about is Kabuto. Like Sori said, what's going on in there? Why is he seemingly so interested?

Should be interesting next week. ~~~8D
Posted Image

#40 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

Well, Alpha-chan, I saw a couple of posts by SasuSakus over at Mangahelpers yesterday. They were in denial.

"Even with this scene, I don't feel threatened by NaruSaku."

That was what one of them said. He basically said that there were no scenes in Part 2 that put a question mark over SasuSaku and strengthened NaruSaku at its expense.

Er? Hello? 245 at least? Sakura feeling attracted to Naruto? tongue.gif

Silverback, I agree with you, the only way the majority of hardcore SasuSaku fans would accept NaruSaku would be if those two ended up having babies. Even if/when that happens, there will still be some that say SasuSaku is going to happen.

*shrugs* Just ignore those guys and enjoy the manga. smile.gif

I'm really liking Kabuto as well, he does have a lot of depth. I am also interested in his reactions towards Sakura showing those feelings for Naruto. It could be that he's filing them away in his devious mind for ways to manipulate Naruto and/or Sakura if they try to get in his way again.

I may be crazy placing that bet about writing a SasuSaku, but I'm pretty sure about myself. I hope. XD The way I see it is this, unless Naruto realises Sakura cares about him, he is just going to keep withdrawing into himself and using Kyuubi again and again.

So Sakura definitely has to at least talk to him. She can't just leave things unresolved again, and she knows that.

This arc is all about Naruto and his promise (yes, there is Sai's betrayal, but that is secondary ATM and for setting up the next arc), and those two are in the spotlight. Something has to happen for a change to occur in Naruto, to at least release him of his inner demons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users