Close
Photo

Overpowered Naruto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Overpowered Naruto? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like Naruto to be overpowered to any extent in fanfics?

1. Yes, Totally! (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Yes, but only slightly. (26 votes [52.00%])

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

3. No, it gets weird...... (19 votes [38.00%])

Percentage of vote: 38.00%

Vote

#61 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (CrashLanded @ Nov 30 2007, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hated the way the anime shaped up, but the Law is true in the manga and its looking more and more as the series is coming to an end.

On topic:
Lee can't even use chakra, nor does he have a healing ability, but still he endured Gai's training, so Naruto doing it is not dependent on the Kyuubi, plus do remember that whatever way you see, Lee would not be Kage level nor can Naruto under Gai. Kage level fighters are multitalented with a strong grasp on fundamentals and an understanding of how combat works. That cannot happen until you have been to hundreds of missions and have experienced everything that is possible on a battlefield.

you are right about Kage level fighters being multi talented. It was a nice explanation and shows why Jiraiya is a good teacher for Naruto or should I say was :shamefulcry0js:

#62 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:08 AM

Guys, don't forget that the more the Kyuubi heals him, the more his cell's die and the less life span he has.

#63 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:50 AM

When did they ever say Kyuubi's healing powers works that way? Its demonic in nature, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't really have any bad side effects at all. However, it could make an interesting fanfic.

#64 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:17 AM

I believe it was either very early part 2 or late part 1 that stated that his healing was similar to Tsunade's it makes his cells divid faster and thuse shortens the over all lifespan.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#65 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:45 AM

No, it never said anything about his regeneration gift to have that kind of side affect.

Only when he's taking constant damage and getting it healed up rapidly and right after the other is when it hurts him. That's what happens when he's covered in kyuubi's chakra shroud, but even then, it's only if it's been up for quite a while.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#66 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

One Cat To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Location:The land of the Monsoon and the Tiger and the Elephant.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:11 AM

Remember this fact though, cell division does shorten lifespan and unless you have stem cells flowing through your bloodstream or present everywhere, healing occurs by cell division (in situ) only. This cuts into the lifespan of the cell.

Consider it something like a prepaid service, where each cell division lowers lifespan of the resultant cell. The resultant graph of lifespan verses no. of divisions undergone would go down in a geometric curve and would drag down the person's lifespan as well, if the amount of healing to be done is high.

As Kyuubi's chakra accelerates healing, it promotes cell division. By itself the effect is small and does not endanger Naruto in any way. But if he gets dependent on the healing power, he'll push himself harder in training, causing damage to muscles and tissues, which keep getting repaired without being noticed. As the level of training increases the level of healing would increase as well, effectively reducing Naruto's lifespan even if outer damage cannot be seen. The most damage of course would be a direct result of KT4, which burns off the body even as it tries to repair it.

To say it all, jinchuuriki might have different kinds of abilities and powers that help them survive longer in a conflict, they age faster than normal humans and thus their overall life expectancy is lower.

Now, as for our neighbourhood genetic engineer Kyuubi, genetic splicing of any magnitude may actually kill the host due to tissue rejection, so he/she/whatever would refrain from doing so. Plus for a bijuu of his calibre, why would he care for such a weak container when he can usurp his host's consciousness and gain control of his body?
QUOTE (The Dream Cat @ "A Dream Of A Thousand Cats")
"Many, many seasons ago, cats truly ruled the world.
We were larger then, and the whole world was created for our pleasure. We roamed as we would, taking what we wanted.
In those times, humans were tiny creatures, no larger than we are now.
And humans would groom us and feed us and pet us.
"

#67 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (CrashLanded @ Dec 5 2007, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember this fact though, cell division does shorten lifespan and unless you have stem cells flowing through your bloodstream or present everywhere, healing occurs by cell division (in situ) only. This cuts into the lifespan of the cell.

Consider it something like a prepaid service, where each cell division lowers lifespan of the resultant cell. The resultant graph of lifespan verses no. of divisions undergone would go down in a geometric curve and would drag down the person's lifespan as well, if the amount of healing to be done is high.

As Kyuubi's chakra accelerates healing, it promotes cell division. By itself the effect is small and does not endanger Naruto in any way. But if he gets dependent on the healing power, he'll push himself harder in training, causing damage to muscles and tissues, which keep getting repaired without being noticed. As the level of training increases the level of healing would increase as well, effectively reducing Naruto's lifespan even if outer damage cannot be seen. The most damage of course would be a direct result of KT4, which burns off the body even as it tries to repair it.

To say it all, jinchuuriki might have different kinds of abilities and powers that help them survive longer in a conflict, they age faster than normal humans and thus their overall life expectancy is lower.

Now, as for our neighbourhood genetic engineer Kyuubi, genetic splicing of any magnitude may actually kill the host due to tissue rejection, so he/she/whatever would refrain from doing so. Plus for a bijuu of his calibre, why would he care for such a weak container when he can usurp his host's consciousness and gain control of his body?

I want to read your fic. biggrin.gif
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#68 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Leney @ Dec 5 2007, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to read your fic. biggrin.gif

How did you find out I was planning a fic? Well, its still in the conception stage with an outline of the initial years and a datasheet of abilities and weaknesses. Dunno if I'll actually write it, maybe put it as a challenge.
We were larger then, and the whole world was created for our pleasure. We roamed as we would, taking what we wanted.
"

#69 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (CrashLanded @ Dec 5 2007, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did you find out I was planning a fic? Well, its still in the conception stage with an outline of the initial years and a datasheet of abilities and weaknesses. Dunno if I'll actually write it, maybe put it as a challenge.

*has psychic powers* That's why I've thrown my money with NaruSaku

Nah, jk. Your post just showed you've actually took a minute and thought about these things, so I'd like to read your take on an "overpowered" (or not) Naruto. It would be intriguing.

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#70 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (CrashLanded @ Dec 5 2007, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never heard of anything like this before. Where did you get this information from?
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#71 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:02 AM

Well, well, I had no idea people had so much to say about this topic! XD

Thx to all.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#72 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Dec 6 2007, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never heard of anything like this before. Where did you get this information from?

Well most of the stuff is pure biology and I have been a biology student long enough to be able to apply for a degree course. Rest of it is merely informed guesswork(just like your neighbourhood weather forcast).
"

#73 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:31 AM

Kyuubi= the greatest of all demons, the king of demons. the template from which all lesser demons were wrought.

i dun think that a beast of this unstoppable power, would really have that much trouble keeping a weak meat-bag alive fore a millenia or so. perks of the job and all that.

Here's a way to simplify it. Anyone watch heroes?

Adam Monroe, from heroes, can heal. constantly. quickly. his healing is so powerful that he can live over four hundred years, has survived sword-stabbage, shotgun-shottage, and lightning ... lightna...ge?

pretty much, Naruto has Adam's power. Only cooler.

and faster.

and oh so much more powerful.

Naruto+Kyuubi= WIN!!
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#74 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Recompense @ Dec 6 2007, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kyuubi= the greatest of all demons, the king of demons. the template from which all lesser demons were wrought.

i dun think that a beast of this unstoppable power, would really have that much trouble keeping a weak meat-bag alive fore a millenia or so. perks of the job and all that.

Here's a way to simplify it. Anyone watch heroes?

Adam Monroe, from heroes, can heal. constantly. quickly. his healing is so powerful that he can live over four hundred years, has survived sword-stabbage, shotgun-shottage, and lightning ... lightna...ge?

pretty much, Naruto has Adam's power. Only cooler.

and faster.

and oh so much more powerful.

Naruto+Kyuubi= WIN!!

Indeed, but you gotta control it. XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#75 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Dec 6 2007, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed, but you gotta control it. XD

But that's the major problem for Naruto isn't it? Control. Throughout the whole series, he's undergo several exercises on learning control. Honestly if Naruto, had Sakura's level of control he would be unstoppable.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#76 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:37 PM

It's the whole Kyuubi manifestation thingie and loss of control that makes Naruto an interesting character. If he wanted or needed Kyuubi's full power, he could just let Kyuubi's chakra do its work and go all nine tails, but he would most likely die from it. Naruto's goal has to be to grow stronger on his own, and hopefully gain more control over Kyuubi's powers, since this is his version of the hollow transformation/legendary super saiyan. Amazing power, but no control!

Now, I do believe Naruto's last fight will have him go 9T, but he has a long way to go... with the whole blooddrainage of the 4T and shait. It's a great last resort though, so I hope Squall was wrong when he said Naruto wouldn't use K anymore...!

#77 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

Naruto does not have Adam's power.

Adam's power caused his cells to divide forever without stopping/slowing/dying/etc. Therefore he doesn't age. Dunno how scientifically sound that is, but that's what Heroes has told us.

The Kyuubi speeds up cell division to heal but his cells are just as normal as most humans. Your cells can only divide a certain amount of times before it stops (and you die of old age or something). We should be comparing Naruto's healing abilities to Tsunade's Genesis Rebirth Technique (or whatever its called), except it's on all the time. Also, since the Kyuubi is basically limitless chakra, you don't need to store it in a seal like Tsunade does.

Also, people forget that Kyuubi's chakra is destructive; Naruto is not immune to it! The reason why he's not a pile of dust whenever he goes Kyuubi is because the Kyuubi heals Naruto as fast as its chakra is destroying his body. Naruto's lifespan was shortened because of the 4-tails transformation.

As far as we know, if Naruto ever went 9-tails for an extended period of time, he'd most likely die.

EDIT: Oh and I always entertained the idea of Kyuubi as a sentient hurricane. A system of malicious chakra that wreaks havoc at random. He doesn't have an agenda and I don't think he can control his destructive power.

#78 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:31 PM

Nine tails would mean the Kyuubi would seperate from Naruto, now free. Look at when Gaara went one tail (The only tail the Ichibiki had(holy kitten, I remembered it's name O_O)), he turned into the real demon.

#79 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:13 AM

We really don't know what will happen. The seal Chiyo used and the seal Yondaime used are two different things. Shukaku was destroying Gaara's mind, Kyuubi seems to affect Naruto more physically.

I should really check the manga to doublecheck, but you can read this stuff on wiki or leafninja. Also, Ebisu did say that Naruto's lack of control came from the fact that:

1) Kyuubi's chakra was mixing with his own
2) His body's automatic response is to reject Kyuubi's chakra

#80 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Leney @ Dec 7 2007, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Kyuubi's chakra was mixing with his own
2) His body's automatic response is to reject Kyuubi's chakra

Which is why Naruto was supposed to learn control of both chakras. I'm 100% sure Naruto won't just quit using Kyuubi's chakra, but there might be ways to leech of Kyuubi without Naruto getting hurt. You remember Jiraiya talking about Yin & Yang seal on Naruto right? Naruto has to find a balance between himself and Kyuubi for the seal to work perfectly (or at least that makes sense somehow), and I believe he will. Naruto will wield the demon's power at one point, I'm sure of it! I'm just not sure it will be in the way of the demon cloak he's prone to use now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users