• Please log in to reply
613 replies to this topic

#1 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Welcome to Slextrem's blog~

I'll start off by sharing a little bit about myself:

My name is Lauren! I'm a 21 year old anime/manga junky. I moved away from home this past summer for school. Currently, I'm a full time college student, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders with emphasis on Speech Language Pathology (quite the mouthful. tongue.gif ) I have a lot of likes, such as (but certainly not limited to) NaruSaku, kittens, and bubble bath. I don't have many dislikes, but I do have a terrible phobia of spiders... *shivers* arg.gif

I like to think of myself as a positive and assertive individual that looks at the jar as half-full. I haven't always been this way. About a year and a half ago, someone that is now very precious to me taught me an important lesson about smiling and how it can completely change your day around. Since then, I make it my personal goal every day to bring a smile to someone's face, whether it's a friend or a stranger. happy.gif

Why "Gummy Bears"? I just felt like it. smile.gif

#2 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

It's been one of those mornings.
I slept in a little too late and took a little too long in getting ready. You know how it is~
When I was finally all packed and ready to go, I couldn't find my keys.
Then I realized, yesterday I put them in the pocket of my boyfriend's jacket...
The one that he wore to school today...
When he left without me because I slept in...
Oops. sweat.gif

#3 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to Slextrem's blog~

I'll start off by sharing a little bit about myself:

My name is Lauren! I'm a 21 year old anime/manga junky. I moved away from home this past summer for school. Currently, I'm a full time college student, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders with emphasis on Speech Language Pathology (quite the mouthful. tongue.gif ) I have a lot of likes, such as (but certainly not limited to) NaruSaku, kittens, and bubble bath. I don't have many dislikes, but I do have a terrible phobia of spiders... *shivers* arg.gif

I like to think of myself as a positive and assertive individual that looks at the jar as half-full. I haven't always been this way. About a year and a half ago, someone that is now very precious to me taught me an important lesson about smiling and how it can completely change your day around. Since then, I make it my personal goal every day to bring a smile to someone's face, whether it's a friend or a stranger. happy.gif

Why "Gummy Bears"? I just felt like it. smile.gif

LMAO Yes! Smiling is always a great thing even when it's done way too much, and that's really cool. I tend to do that often as well. Talking to new people and getting a laugh out of them with whatever we're talking about. It's a cool thing IMO. tongue.gif Haha Gummy Bears. cool.gif

And as for your second post... sleep.gif LMAO You should of went to sleep early this morning. tongue.gif

Edited by StriderC, 04 February 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#4 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 4 2013, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO You should of went to sleep early this morning. tongue.gif

LOL! I should have, but you see, there was a 21 page fanfiction that I just had to finish before going to bed. tongue.gif

#5 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL! I should have, but you see, there was a 21 page fanfiction that I just had to finish before going to bed. tongue.gif

Uh huh... You HAD to finish... If you say so Lauren. tongue.gif

Haha. Okay, so I was thinking about topics for the video and I think we should definitely address our personal thoughts on the lack of Sakura in the manga period, and how we feel overall about her character. biggrin.gif

#6 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

congrats on the blog ! 111191.gif I'm sure It'll go great
Spiders.. hm.png who does like them anyway?
And fanfiction; that's what happens to me every single night tongue.gif but what fanfiction?

Edited by candycane-chan, 04 February 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#7 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 4 2013, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh huh... You HAD to finish... If you say so Lauren. tongue.gif

Haha. Okay, so I was thinking about topics for the video and I think we should definitely address our personal thoughts on the lack of Sakura in the manga period, and how we feel overall about her character. biggrin.gif

I did! It was so good, I just couldn't stop! argh1.png

That sounds perfect! We can also talk about some of the theories going around about where she's at right now, like the Kamui theory. happy.gif

#8 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (candycane-chan @ Feb 4 2013, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congrats on the blog ! 111191.gif I'm sure It'll go great
Spiders.. hm.png who does like them anyway?
And fanfiction; that's what happens to me every single night tongue.gif but what fanfiction?

Thank you! happy.gif

I don't know anyone that actually likes spiders. They're so... yuck. arg.gif

I believe the fanfiction was titled "Unwritten". It's about Sakura and Naruto having a one night stand after drinking too much and Sakura ends up getting pregnant. It's really funny and very well written. Here's a link, for anyone that's interested:
http://www.fanfictio...354/1/Unwritten

#9 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did! It was so good, I just couldn't stop! argh1.png

That sounds perfect! We can also talk about some of the theories going around about where she's at right now, like the Kamui theory. happy.gif

LMAO How long did you end up reading the fic exactly anyway? tongue.gif

Niceeeee! So we can start with our personal opinion and then go on over to where her location is. We can also talk about the possible NS interactions as well that we think/hope will happen. biggrin.gif Predictions so to speak. biggrin.gif

#10 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 4 2013, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO How long did you end up reading the fic exactly anyway? tongue.gif

Niceeeee! So we can start with our personal opinion and then go on over to where her location is. We can also talk about the possible NS interactions as well that we think/hope will happen. biggrin.gif Predictions so to speak. biggrin.gif

I estimate two and a half hours or so. :B

Sound perfect! Looks like we have this video all planned out! We'll have to Skype tonight to come up with an outline. happy.gif

#11 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I estimate two and a half hours or so. :B

Sound perfect! Looks like we have this video all planned out! We'll have to Skype tonight to come up with an outline. happy.gif

Two in a half hours?? How long was this story again??? XD

Kay kay! Sounds like a plan to me! Is there anything else you want to talk about in the video or do you think that's enough for this one? tongue.gif

Wowwwww, I still can't believe we're making another one after over a year hiatus. biggrin.gif Pretty exciting! Haha Youtube is practically where it all started for us really.

Edited by StriderC, 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#12 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 4 2013, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two in a half hours?? How long was this story again??? XD

Kay kay! Sounds like a plan to me! Is there anything else you want to talk about in the video or do you think that's enough for this one? tongue.gif

Wowwwww, I still can't believe we're making another one after over a year hiatus. biggrin.gif Pretty exciting! Haha Youtube is practically where it all started for us really.

21 pages. 69,837 words. happy.gif

That's probably enough for this one. We can use other topics for different videos. happy.gif
Yeah, it's been a long time, hasn't it? I'm really excited! This feels nostalgic. biggrin.gif
LOL. Back in the day, when we, along with Judielg(?) and Quinny, used to participate in daily comment wars with VJ and BlueGod. I was still commenting under LadyCosmos013 back then... Such a long time ago!

Edited by Slextrem, 04 February 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#13 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
21 pages. 69,837 words. happy.gif

That's probably enough for this one. We can use other topics for different videos. happy.gif
Yeah, it's been a long time, hasn't it? I'm really excited! This feels nostalgic. biggrin.gif
LOL. Back in the day, when we, along with Judlieg(?) and Quinny, used to participate in daily comment wars with VJ and BlueGod. I was still commenting under LadyCosmos013 back then... Such a long time ago!

Wow.. No wonder you took years to finish. tongue.gif

LMAO Yup! It was always us four and I think LordofIce at the beginning as well was it? I'm not too sure... LMAO Quinny was always around though, and yeah, you went by LadyCosmos then. I think I was the one who initiated chatting with you on PM's then because I pretty much always enjoyed your posts in the comment sections. biggrin.gif Haha, i remember when Blue converted on over to NS. Is he still a NS fan after what's happened recently or has he went back to NH?

But it's DEFINITELY been a long time! Might have to pull out the accent here and there randomly like I always do. You're gonna laugh. Hopefully, my brain is in full working order as well. biggrin.gif

#14 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

@Strider & @Slextrem - Those were the days. laugh.gif
Dread to think how many braincells the opposition claimed from me back then, but that's why I came here. We get heated disputes here as well but overall, so much calmer than YT. I'll never touch NF again (except to check spoilers).

Slex, I'd forgot you were LadyCosmo. You and Judielg (Gravenimage) were the first two NS fans I met online, then it was Strider, LordofIce (NuclearRaven) and the converted ULTRABLUEGOD. It's was VJ who gave him the ultimatum and he jumped ship 'cause he got better with us than them. Wonder if he still ships?

Wow... feels like years ago. laugh.gif
One of these days I HAVE TO get online with you guys (via Skype etc.) for somekind of podcast. We could be the Official H&E Podcast!! wink.gif

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#15 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 4 2013, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO Yup! It was always us four and I think LordofIce at the beginning as well was it? I'm not too sure... LMAO Quinny was always around though, and yeah, you went by LadyCosmos then. I think I was the one who initiated chatting with you on PM's then because I pretty much always enjoyed your posts in the comment sections. biggrin.gif Haha, i remember when Blue converted on over to NS. Is he still a NS fan after what's happened recently or has he went back to NH?

Yeah, it was all you. LOL. Look at what you've started~ This awesome online friendship that we've managed to keep going for years. happy.gif

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Feb 4 2013, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dread to think how many braincells the opposition claimed from me back then, but that's why I came here. We get heated disputes here as well but overall, so much calmer than YT. I'll never touch NF again (except to check spoilers).

Slex, I'd forgot you were LadyCosmo. You and Judielg (Gravenimage) were the first two NS fans I met online, then it was Strider, LordofIce (NuclearRaven) and the converted ULTRABLUEGOD. It's was VJ who gave him the ultimatum and he jumped ship 'cause he got better with us than them. Wonder if he still ships?

One of these days I HAVE TO get online with you guys (via Skype etc.) for somekind of podcast. We could be the Official H&E Podcast!! wink.gif

Oh, I'm sure I lost a fair share of brain cells from that too. LOL. Funny, I ended up going on a video hiatus for the same reasons. I couldn't take all of the petty fighting anymore. sleep.gif
Still, I always had a good time whenever it was just the four of us talking. happy.gif I don't think I'll ever join NF.

I haven't spoken with BlueGod in a long time. The last time I heard from him was over a year ago. He sent me a message asking how his favorite NaruSaku shipper was doing. I wonder what he's been up to... The nice thing about him was, even when he still shipped NaruHina, he was always a really cool person. I don't remember debates with him alone ever getting out of hand. It was always a certain someone else that caused the headaches...

Where does the time go? I feel so much older now. I'm just happy that the four of us (Strider, Quinny, Gravenimage, and myself) still enjoy NaruSaku as much as we did back then, and that we haven't lost contact with each other.

A group video with the three of us sounds like a lot of fun! Strider and I are planning on making more video discussions, like we used to - it would be great to have you join in! biggrin.gif

Edited by Slextrem, 04 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#16 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Feb 4 2013, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I was the one who came late into the fray, but yeah, we had some amazing fun back then even though some of it was just super wild...

Haha. You said that awhile ago! tongue.gif You definitely need to hop on Skype because we've been waiting for you to join us when we were making collaborations sometime ago. biggrin.gif And that sounds like an awesome plan. ^^

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 4 2013, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, it was all you. LOL. Look at what you've started~ This awesome online friendship that we've managed to keep going for years. happy.gif

Oh, I'm sure I lost a fair share of brain cells from that too. LOL. Funny, I ended up going on a video hiatus for the same reasons. I couldn't take all of the petty fighting anymore. sleep.gif
Still, I always had a good time whenever it was just the four of us talking. happy.gif I don't think I'll ever join NF.

I haven't spoken with BlueGod in a long time. The last time I heard from him was over a year ago. He sent me a message asking how his favorite NaruSaku shipper was doing. I wonder what he's been up to... The nice thing about him was, even when he still shipped NaruHina, he was always a really cool person. I don't remember debates with him alone ever getting out of hand. It was always a certain someone else that caused the headaches...

Where does the time go? I feel so much older now. I'm just happy that the four of us (Strider, Quinny, Gravenimage, and myself) still enjoy NaruSaku as much as we did back then, and that we haven't lost contact with each other.

A group video with the three of us sounds like a lot of fun! Strider and I are planning on making more video discussions, like we used to - it would be great to have you join in! biggrin.gif

Haha! Most definitely! Hopefully we keep our friendship for years to come. biggrin.gif I remember when I used to nag you on who your favorite was. LMAO! cool.gif

Blue seems to be doing well. He has me added on FB, and from what I can tell, things are fine. He's take karate classes I believe. I think he may still be a NS fan though. biggrin.gif I mean, it's the best couple there is. happy.gif

Definitely agree with the bolded though we may not be completely satisfied with things as of late, it's really just a matter of being patient and seeing how things play out even though my patience is pretty much gone at this point. haha We've waited long enough IMO.

Haha Quinnnyyy! You definitely need to Skype and make a video with us. You've said it before but this time, we're gonna make sure this time, you fall through. biggrin.gif

Edited by StriderC, 04 February 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#17 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

One of these days I will get a working mic for Skype, because I feel like I've missed out on things. Then the next phase of [s] my plan for world domination[s] spreading the NS love can begin.

QUOTE (Slextrem)
I don't have many dislikes, but I do have a terrible phobia of spiders... *shivers* arg.gif

That's something we share, can't stand them.
I've a story for you --Click here to view--
In my old house (where I lived til I was 10), my bedroom was the room at the back of the house and (get your head round this) to get to it, you had to go THROUGH the bathroom!! It was an old storage room that was cleared out and converted. Loved being in it during the day, hated it at night. I was always having nightmares of a spider crawling up the plug hole of the bath and attacking me in my sleep. Still, I only had to put up with that for about 18 months before my sister moved out and I got her room. Unfortunately, by then my fear of being attacked by spiders was superceded by a fear of zombies (all thanks to RE1). laugh.gif

But yeah, through the bathroom, never met anyone else who had to do that.

Edited by Quinny52, 05 February 2013 - 12:37 AM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#18 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Feb 4 2013, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of these days I will get a working mic for Skype, because I feel like I've missed out on things. Then the next phase of [s] my plan for world domination[s] spreading the NS love can begin.

That's something we share, can't stand them.
I've a story for you --Click here to view--
In my old house (where I lived til I was 10), my bedroom was the room at the back of the house and (get your head round this) to get to it, you had to go THROUGH the bathroom!! It was an old storage room that was cleared out and converted. Loved being in it during the day, hated it at night. I was always having nightmares of a spider crawling up the plug hole of the bath and attacking me in my sleep. Still, I only had to put up with that for about 18 months before my sister moved out and I got her room. Unfortunately, by then my fear of being attacked by spiders was superceded by a fear of zombies (all thanks to RE1). laugh.gif

But yeah, through the bathroom, never met anyone else who had to do that.

LMAO. Poor Quinny. Suffering in such a manner. tongue.gif I never played one but I remember playing 2 and just dropping the game at the beginning because it was that scary. I was pretty young and so... yeah. I didn't play long enough to get nightmares from it at that time but I played long enough to know I wasn't gonna finish it. laugh.gif I was playing in the dark too btw. Wasn't a grand idea....

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Glad to see you back and up again. happy.gif

Edited by James S Cassidy, 05 February 2013 - 01:11 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

haha a new topic. and i like the idea of the name

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users