LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Going off the preview for the next episode all I got say is It's about time we saw her original outfit!

and that's about it. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

And then she will wear the outfit from the manga in the next arc!

#23 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:37 PM

The Blanket doesn't change the scene though Emotionally ,yes, symbolically, but the same lines, the same moments, the same plot progression occurs. Thus, there isn't any softening. You could argue it hammers the point a little more. But softening it? I would disagree. 

They added lines, the extended the event beyond just the laundry scene, and Sakura is able to defend SS which she wasn't in the manga.

Going off the preview for the next episode all I got say is It's about time we saw her original outfit!

and that's about it. 

They probably not been getting the viewership they been wanting and one of the few complaints people have that they can change is Salad's outfit.

And then she will wear the outfit from the manga in the next arc!

Doubtful, unless the delay has been so he can create a new outfit.

#24 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

Hey anybody knows why they even choose to animate the Gaiden? I mean, if it was just to make SS look better, why create episode where Sakura says her first "date" with Sasuke was 2 and a half minutes long? or is just to spite Kishi and telling theme, this is OUR story know and THIS is how we think it should play?
or there are still people in the studio that are bitter towards the ending and those are the ones that make fun of SS?

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#25 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:33 AM

Hey anybody knows why they even choose to animate the Gaiden? I mean, if it was just to make SS look better, why create episode where Sakura says her first "date" with Sasuke was 2 and a half minutes long? or is just to spite Kishi and telling theme, this is OUR story know and THIS is how we think it should play?
or there are still people in the studio that are bitter towards the ending and those are the ones that make fun of SS?

$$$

#26 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

Hey anybody knows why they even choose to animate the Gaiden?

I mean, if it was just to make SS look better, why create episode where Sakura says her first "date" with Sasuke was 2 and a half minutes long? or is just to spite Kishi and telling theme, this is OUR story know and THIS is how we think it should play?

(Answered by how I spaced your post.)

When they decided to start at the academy to give the manga more time, they kind of have to. Its the only plot kishimoto wrote that they haven't animated so far, and it was also one that upset many SS fans (that is their biggest fanbase in Japan now) at the time. So they could animate it and "improve" it so hopefully the SS fans forget the manga version and stay with the series.

Now since they started in the academy it gives them more time to "write" the characters, and their relationships. Which allows them to soften the two main pairings problems which are upsetting the fanbase, while also trying to make Bolt cool and popular.

From what I understand the big fanbases in SP are nH and NS. nH because they were the ones punishing hinata, and NS because Kishimoto mentioned that the women on the team were upset it didn't happen. SS isn't well liked by the team as far as I know. They are doing it because SS is the biggest fanbase left in Japan (that actually got their pairing) and they need to appease them to keep the lights on.

$$$

Also that. More arcs=more money; in theory.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 August 2017 - 02:54 AM.

#27 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

I never get this money point people throw out there. 

It's so wonderfully simple.

Why drag this series on? Is there any reason to? Yes, of course there is. Because they made it a way that there's more problems to be solved by ending Naruto on a partially incomplete note, then introducing Gaiden to expand on these problems while creating newer ones. They could've ended chapter 700 completely happily and drama-free. Made Sasuke stay put and Naruto visit home more often and Boruto less obnoxious but no, they didn't. Because new problems = a new story, a new chance to make more money.

As long as members of the original cast of Naruto stick around in Boruto, people will be hyped and stick around (customer satisfaction) -> them buying more merch and manga issues (revenue/sales) -> Kishi & his buddies sit back, sip their ice cold margaritas and watch all that sweet profit roll in. It's the most fundamental goal of any and every business: profit, profit, profit. 

They see that the love for Naruto is alive and well, so they play on that love and make extra material featuring them because it's audience cannot help themselves but to faun over a grown up Naruto finally being Hokage and it's good looking mass-murderer, Sasuke. They know people love them. It's an international hit, and after 15 years, some people cannot believe it's over. People need to see Naruto and his friends again, so Kishi & Co. gives it to them cause they knows they'll get some green in return.

I guarantee you, if you decrease the appearances and influence of the original cast from Boruto, people would be instantly uninterested. They watch Boruto either to see 1) the original cast (esp. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Hinata) and/or 2) it's most popular ships, SasuSaku, NaruSasu, and NaruHina. No one gives a single kitten about Boruto and his edgy friends. They see Boruto as a product of NaruHina, nothing more, like with Salad being the daughter of SasuSaku. They cannot stand alone without their parents. It's most fervent fans know it's all about the ships/parents and less about the kids. Because fan-service is so deliciously irresistible.

And do not tell me that this is technically a "new" offset series; no, this branches off from the main series. It was totally optional but they did it anyways. They're still not done milking this dying cow, and they won't be anytime soon, trust me.

Edited by lux, 12 August 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#28 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

"Sakura "Defended" SS as well in the manga. Rather, she didn't really defend SS the pairing, more as defended her relationship, very briefly anyway."

Hahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! *Laugh out loud for about 5 minute after reading that...no, really*

After the Trump chicken memes that is the second funnies thing in my entire day.EvJJgeyQqv5NqlWv2uaQ5BlDkv61FdRncthMI0R0

First off SS is the romantic relationship between Sasuke and Sakura. If she defending her relationship with Sasuke then she is defending SS. SS is just an abbreviation so no one does not have to write out SasukexSakura; which is also a shorting so one does not have to write out "the (romantic) relationship between Sasuke and Sakura." Sorry you did not know that.

Second "Sakura "defended" SS as well in the manga"

:naruto-gaiden-the-seventh-hokage-5631809format,jpgnaruto-gaiden-the-seventh-hokage-5774862

OK. Where on these three pages does Sakura defend SS? All I see is deflection, unable to answer the questions, aggression when unable to answer the questions, and offering platitudes.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 August 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#29 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

I guarantee you, if you decrease the appearances and influence of the original cast from Boruto, people would be instantly uninterested. They watch Boruto either to see 1) the original cast (esp. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Hinata) and/or 2) it's most popular ships, SasuSaku, NaruSasu, and NaruHina. No one gives a single kitten about Boruto and his edgy friends. They see Boruto as a product of NaruHina, nothing more, like with Salad being the daughter of SasuSaku. They cannot stand alone without their parents. It's most fervent fans know it's all about the ships/parents and less about the kids. Because fan-service is so deliciously irresistible.

A lot of people are already leaving Boruto because they are disappointed that their not enough pandering to their pairings, from what I and other people have been hearing.

To be entirely honest after a movie, nearly 20 episodes, and nearly 15 chapter. Only Salad has even the slightest chance of standing on her own. Bolt is too unlikable for a variety of reasons. Cups has no personality, only exist to suck up to bolt, and his mysterious crap gets old fast -especially since we already know everything-. Most of the other character are just copies of their parents... It is sad that fat filler is the second best character out of the entire cast, well except maybe the Repeater and Richie Rich.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 August 2017 - 07:48 AM.

#30 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

@Bail o' Lies

The calm and assertive bail suddenly laugh his ass off, now the way you laugh ... :lmao: Umbridge finally able to tickles you  :hehehe: 

Anyone debating against Umbridge will definitely starting to lose themselves :argh: :lmao:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#31 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

Of course, this is a spin off series. No, NaruSasu does not exist, not sure why you are even mentioning that pairing. Yes, people do care about Boruto and his friends, and yes, the draw in of the original cast being shown now and then can help, but we cannot attribute a weight to it more than speculation that it does without retrieving and gathering data on that. If you watch the anime, they most certainly stand alone without their parents, and there are episodes that don't even involve them. 

Finally...and really... WHY are we criticizing a show making money? Go after its quality, but an attack because it makes money is... just... silly, from a professional standpoint. 

They still watch it anticipating the arrival of the original cast if they continue to do so, duh. Personally, I gave up on Boruto after the 3rd episode. It felt like a chore watching it. 

NaruSasu doesn't exsist??????? I don't even ship them that much, but you cannot deny the ardor fans have around this pairing. Have you seen other sites with an avid support for Naruto and it's pairings, such as Tumblr, pixiv, FanFiction??? Cause they're massive fandom would tell you otherwise. Multitudes of art and media are centered around these two; they are the main stars. Yaoi is an absolute fan magnet as well. (e.g. Free!, Yuri on Ice!!) NaruSasu would be no different. 

It doesn't have to be canon for people to like it, like NaruSaku, SasuHina, KakaIru. People can ship whatever they want and spin whatever moments into something they like. It's not gonna kill anyone.

Who tf said I was criticizing? I was stating the obvious. I did not call out any faults and I did not "attack" him. I don't care how Kishimoto makes his money. He could be selling bootleg Gucci bags on 5th avenue; it's his life, his job, and his money, just as how I have my own life, job and money.

It's all about money at the end of the day, is what I'm saying. As a matter of fact, I'd say he's blessed to have that kind of job and fortune, to be making money in general. So good for him, but is he getting mine though? lol no, don't even think he needs it anyways.

#32 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

' He could be selling bootleg Gucci bags on 5th avenue '. Now that's funny XD

#33 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

' He could be selling bootleg Gucci bags on 5th avenue '. Now that's funny XD

ayyye he'd be doing me a favor actually LOL

#34 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

ayyye he'd be doing me a favor actually LOL

Good idea. It would also be a big favor if he would make a deal with raising higher discounts at expensive clothing brand shops.

For example, Sarada's high heels are definitely from Macy's, and her dress is bought from Zara's women section by mistake.

So, it would be a good contribution to our pocket money when good-looking clothes are wanted.

Edited by T XD, 12 August 2017 - 10:35 PM.

#35 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

@T XD

I'm dead

Salad's wearing LENSCRAFTERS for sure.

New campaign ambassador confirmed??? ??  :umm:

1: Think you are misunderstanding me. NaruSasu, as an actual pairing doesn't exist. As a Fanon  or Crack Ship? They exist.

2: Fair enough, though for the writer personally, it's typically and usually not just about the money. Making a fortune like that takes a lot of luck. 

1) No, I got you clearly. I understand that NaruSasu would never in a million years be married—let alone see each other romantically—in canon. But people indeed worship them as if they might be as have been married. I don't have a problem with that, personally. If they like it, then whatever lol.

Granted, they do have a strong brotherly love between them, and that I support.

2) Eh, I don't think it's all 100% innocent. Maybe he's too use to Naruto and it's notoriety to give up on it just like that, which is understandable.

Edited by lux, 12 August 2017 - 08:47 PM.

#36 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

It's good to be all chill when Sakura lost a house and loans seem to be something she don't want to mess with.

#37 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

ffs.

#38 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

@T XD

I'm dead

Salad's wearing LENSCRAFTERS for sure.

New campaign ambassador confirmed??? ??  :umm:

Sarada's glasses are definitely from LensCrafters. Sakura's loans weren't created out of nowhere for sure.

External Source and Campaign Ambassador of Clothing and Item Brands Business : Masashi Kishimoto.

Signed,

The customers who will benefit from something in the reduced expenses on clothing and items from the unexpected appointee.

#39 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

So who paid for Sakura's house and who is paying for Sarada's living expenses? Is Sasuke canonically a dead beat dad? :lmao:

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#40 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

So who paid for Sakura's house and who is paying for Sarada's living expenses? Is Sasuke canonically a dead beat dad? :lmao:

Till now, we don't see Sasuke being responsible for the family matters. Sakura is the sole provider. No house and loans are piled up.

Edited by T XD, 12 August 2017 - 11:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users