81 replies to this topic

#21 Vivi

Vivi

Dr. Snakes

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:45 PM

SasuSaku is dead, in my opinion. From the way Sakura has acted, it almost seems as if she would rather be safe in Konaha than risk her and Naruto's life trying to "rescue" Sasuke. Sasuke definitely doesn't have romantic fantasies of him and Sakura so it's not even one-sided anymore.
Inner Tard:

NARUSAKUZ IZ TEH CANONZ!!!1!!!LOLOlOLoWTF BBQ

+ Sakura has shown romantic feelings for Naruto

#22 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Rukia @ Jun 13 2007, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SasuSaku is dead, in my opinion. From the way Sakura has acted, it almost seems as if she would rather be safe in Konaha than risk her and Naruto's life trying to "rescue" Sasuke. Sasuke definitely doesn't have romantic fantasies of him and Sakura so it's not even one-sided anymore.
Inner Tard:

I agree with your inner Tard laugh.gif

long live NaruSaku biggrin.gif

#23 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Rukia @ Jun 13 2007, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Inner Tard:

Totally agree with you
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#24 gaara_kazekage-sama

gaara_kazekage-sama

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:17 PM

Umm, I don't know, there just might be the slightest chance of Sasusaku happening regardless of how everything in the manga suggests otherwise. I wouldn't mind though, but I'd be pretty disappointed if sakura didn't end up with naruto in the end, not after all that's happened.

#25 Vanchet

Vanchet

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:narusaku,video games,games-workshop

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

it might've worked untill the episode sasuke left that is when i beleive that sasusaku died falling down a cliff then eaten by wolves (or maybe lions either one will do).

#26 canis

canis

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (gaara_kazekage-sama @ Jun 20 2007, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm, I don't know, there just might be the slightest chance of Sasusaku happening regardless of how everything in the manga suggests otherwise. I wouldn't mind though, but I'd be pretty disappointed if sakura didn't end up with naruto in the end, not after all that's happened.

I agree that Kishi didn't kill any pairing off at this point. And I don't see him doing it in the near future. Pairings are a great source for suspense in a story... Possibly he will put more Naruto and Hinata, Sasuke and Sakura moments into the manga before the end. After all their personal relations are important to warrant closure, in my opinion (not to mention that it will cause the readers to riot biggrin.gif ).

Aaaah, normally I try not to analyze the story from an outward perspective too much and rather read and enjoy it, but in this case...

#27 Daidoji_Tangen

Daidoji_Tangen

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

Honestly, I think SasuSaku died during the Renewal of the Promise scene. She simply gives up. It's only thanks to Naruto's reassuring words that she doesn't give up on him totally, but fter that scene, Sakura shows no romantic inclination towards Sasuke. It seems that it's the Team 7 bond that shows.

BR79: I disagree. Kishimoto isn't even bothering teasing us with the other pairings (well, in my view SasuSaku is resolved). He didn't even bother doing anything when the Kyuubi being in Naruto was spoken about in front of Hinata. Honestly, if it was Naruto and Shino there should have been some reaction about him learning about, so a possible pairing defintely should have.

Her crush will be resolved, but I think it will be when he gets around to it. I just don't see him putting in moments for other pairings. I'm not saying he defintley won't, but I would be surprized (especially if he puts SasuSaku since that's more or less resolved).

#28 SkyStrider

SkyStrider

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:29 AM

I'm not convinced that SasuSaku would work, and I never have been. For one thing, what Sakura was looking for and thought she could get in Sasuke were never there to begin with, and never would be (The biggest of these is without a doubt his personality; What she thought was "shyness" that could be worked through was instead actually coldness she was (and would still be) incapable of defrosting. Her views, appropriately yet ironically enough, actually fit Naruto instead). For another thing, what her character has become is utterly incompatible with what Sasuke would want or what would fit with him. He has never been able to stand people who try to assert themselves as equal or superior to him, instead choosing to turn resentful and hostile against them the moment they make progress towards doing so (or appear to). And one of the keys that makes Sakura's new character function is her dislike and refusal to accept being anything less than an equal to those around her, and a further loathing of people who regard others as inferior to themselves.

So to make a SasuSaku relationship work from Sakura's angle, Sakura would basically have to ignore her own growth as a person and devolve herself back into her 12-year-old self, something she doesn't need and I can't think she would ever want. And to make it work from Sasuke's angle, he'd have to actually open up his feelings to her and choose to live with her for the sake of true love rather than just insist on seeing her as nothing more than a means to "revive his clan", two things he's never wanted to do or seen the point of, and probably never will. Otherwise, we'd just have a dysfunctional relationship in which Sasuke keeps abusing of Sakura and her self-esteem in his insistence on regarding her as a "clan-reviving baby-maker" and nothing more, and in which Sakura feels like a repressed, lonely soul trapped in a cold prison, desiring above all to be loved, happy and free once again.

And then there is my belief that Sakura's chasing of Sasuke (a.k.a fangirling) has always worked to the detriment of herself as both a person and as a ninja, and that's it's always worked against her development on both counts. I've gone into this further here (scroll down 14 posts to find mine).

So in short, I don't see how Sasuke and Sakura could ever actually work as a couple now, and due to what it would require of the two characters, I utterly loathe it to the point of hurling.

Of course, I could then also point out that Sakura in fact already tried to take up an analog to the "dutiful little housewife" role for Sasuke back here in Chapter 173 (focus on pages 13-17). The results, of course, were... well, let's just say they weren't very encouraging or pleasant and leave it at that...

SkyStrider

#29 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:00 AM

I have to say, i agree SkyStrider, put all my thoughts out there, especially the first paragraph, although for some reason i can see Kishi still implementing SasuSaku in the manga, maybe to please the fans or something.

#30 SkyStrider

SkyStrider

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (rickp2006 @ Oct 2 2007, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say, i agree SkyStrider, put all my thoughts out there, especially the first paragraph, although for some reason i can see Kishi still implementing SasuSaku in the manga, maybe to please the fans or something.

Thanks.

And as for SasuSaku in the manga: If he does do it, it'll probably be something short to give it closure. Because given how he's developed the characters, and many times he's interrupted NaruSaku moments in Part II, I can't imagine him all of a sudden changing back to SasuSaku without completely rendering most of Part II's events and development moot. I can still see a chance of Naruto not getting with Sakura in the end, albeit a really small one. But if they don't, I'm 100% certain that it won't be for the sake of SasuSaku, that's for damn sure.

SkyStrider

#31 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (SkyStrider @ Oct 3 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.

And as for SasuSaku in the manga: If he does do it, it'll probably be something short to give it closure. Because given how he's developed the characters, and many times he's interrupted NaruSaku moments in Part II, I can't imagine him all of a sudden changing back to SasuSaku without completely rendering most of Part II's events and development moot. I can still see a chance of Naruto not getting with Sakura in the end, albeit a really small one. But if they don't, I'm 100% certain that it won't be for the sake of SasuSaku, that's for damn sure.

SkyStrider

Yeah, well i guess i aint as optimistic lol

There are so many people who think SasuSaku can happen and that NaruSaku fans interpret the manga wrong, so im not 100% sure if i should believe me or them tongue.gif

Although my opinion is that if there is any pairing, it will be NaruSaku, although i personally think there wont be any. However i could be wrong and Kishi wrote the manga with the view all the SasuSaku fans have in there manifestos and LAPs at NF.

#32 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (SkyStrider @ Oct 3 2007, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.

SkyStrider

Shounen manga romance might end up with noone being with each other, usually, but this series is a bit too different from most other shounen manga's. Dragonball even ended with the wedding of Goku and Chichi, so I suppose Naruto would end in a somewhat similar fashion. Kissing is nonexistent as well in most shounen manga, but we've already seen that happening (sadly sad.gif ).
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#33 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

Cannot stand it at all, alongside NaruHina.
Never liked them, never will.

#34 SkyStrider

SkyStrider

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Oct 3 2007, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shounen manga romance might end up with noone being with each other, usually, but this series is a bit too different from most other shounen manga's. Dragonball even ended with the wedding of Goku and Chichi, so I suppose Naruto would end in a somewhat similar fashion. Kissing is nonexistent as well in most shounen manga, but we've already seen that happening (sadly sad.gif ).

Forgive me if I'm being a little dense here, Magus, but when was this, and with whom (kissing in Naruto)? And Tsunade kissing Naruto on the forehead doesn't really count... laugh.gif

SkyStrider

#35 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (SkyStrider @ Oct 4 2007, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forgive me if I'm being a little dense here, Magus, but when was this, and with whom (kissing in Naruto)? And Tsunade kissing Naruto on the forehead doesn't really count... laugh.gif

SkyStrider

Oh come on, it's probably the one scene in the whole manga that has SasuNaru fangirls/boys drooling over >.>

Think back before Team 7 was chosen.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#36 SkyStrider

SkyStrider

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Oct 3 2007, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh come on, it's probably the one scene in the whole manga that has SasuNaru fangirls/boys drooling over >.>

Think back before Team 7 was chosen.

Oh, I remember now. wacko.gif 111193.gif

I guess I was thinking of a "kiss" in the sense of guy-on-girl or girl-on-guy, not yaoi or yuri...

SkyStrider

#37 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:49 AM

Magus, shame on you for making SkyStrider remember the horror that was the SasuNaru kiss tongue.gif

#38 twintailednin29

twintailednin29

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Martial art, Drawing, singing, watching anime , playing in piano n guitar.

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (murdoc @ Jun 8 2007, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was made by Novanator:

This is Mine

Oh my gosh!!! I love her work. While looking though her gallery you should check out her peicses (sorry it's spelt wrong) like naruhina WTF?, SasuSaku WTF?, and her debates againist naruhina and sasusaku!

src="http://www.saiyanisland.com/naruto/horoscope/05LeoSasuke.gif" alt="I am Sasuke!"></a>
THEY ARE THE BOMB!!!!!! XD

#39 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:59 AM

i can truly stand almost any pairing, and i find it offensive to hate any pairing, but i draw the line with sasusaku

its just completely based around part 1 and i hate when fans of sasusaku resort to part 1 and deny any evidence u give them of other pairings by saying "that doesnt prove anything" i would be happy for narusaku, naruhina is ok... sasuhina........... i dunno... but i absolutely hate sasusaku and the way their whole friggen fandom acts towards the rest of the pairings, in fact the only other pairing they favour is naruhina, and they use it as an excuse so they can win arguements (or at least think they win)

im sorry if i offended anyone here, and i usually CANT hate any pairing, but lately i just wont take anymore crap from sasusaku

#40 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:02 AM

I personally don't hate any pairings per se however SasuSaku just doesn't sit well with me. It kind of irks me and I have tried to get used to this pairing. I tried to think of reasons why people would support this pairing, I went on NF or other forums to see what people see when they think Sasuke and Sakura should get together and it always makes me refusing their claims for some reason. I also tried reading fanfics but then same thing happened either I personally didn't agree with the authors reasoning or they changed the character of either Sasuke or Sakura so much that I had just stop reading after a while. It might be my bias for NaruSaku that stops me but I personally think that Naruto and Sakura both have something positive to offer, they don't hamper their personal growth or the other's when they are together and it seems that their talks, habits, attitudes its all natural, nothing too elaborate to please the other person. Also, it seems that both of them are comfortable under their own skin when they are in each other's company and sort of understand each other instinctively or at least starting to.

In the chapter when Naruto is in the kyuubified form and Sakura runs to stop him, her words at the moment are something along the lines of ....'Naruto! stop....you don't have to....I will save Sasuke for you.' It was something along those lines because when I read that line I kept of thinking Sakura's words at that moment seems like something she said in a hurry without thinking much about it, so does it mean she wants Sasuke back more for Naruto's sake than hers? Yes, the friendship sake and team sake thing is there but an important point during the equation might have changed. That sentence might show Sakura's change in feelings towards Sasuke.

Also, people say that Sakura saw Naruto's true form in the 'promise of a lifetime.' Her opinion of Naruto was slowly changing since the beginning of part 1 but I think what was actually a sure enough sign for Sakura to open her eyes was the part in the hospital room. When she saw Naruto on the hospital bed and realized how hurt he was, even then his words to her was that he was sorry.

He didn't say he tried but failed (that was a given).......however it truly hit Sakura was when he said he would keep his promise and how thats his way of the ninja. Thats when Sakura truly saw Naruto for the great person that he is.....and she realized how highly Naruto thinks of her. The time when she saw his injuries, she realized how important Naruto is in her life and thats where determination to become stronger and save both Sasuke and Naruto came.

Thats what I don't see in Sasusaku, sure the fan base might be there and all but it doesn't speak to me like a positive relationship. It doesn't show the kind of inspiration that Naruto and Sakura show for each other.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users