phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#22 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Great chapter.

It really gave Guy something new to his character, here we all are thinking he is clueless but in reality he just turns the other cheek when people make fun of him.

This chapter had lots of feels.

I am really happy Guy got a nice flashback before he dies.

Really guys complaining about this chapter because what no NS? Like get over it, this was a good chapter. Guy has been a Naruto character for years and he is dying so if Kishi wants to give him 15 pages of flashback let him.

43iduct.jpg

#23 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

So this chapter should be the end of the volume right?

aw9vkj.gif

#24 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku...duh, Game of Thrones, DISNEYLAND!!!

And some other stuff...

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

NOoooOOOooo! Gai sensei! Don't leave us! 

I have a special place in my heart for Gai because my Uncle's name is Guy (It's close enough). 

DON'T DIE!!!  :cry: 

And I didn't mind the chapter. I know there's other things we want to see (Where the hell is NARUSAKU???!!!???!!! :wallbash:) But I also love to see character development and back story. It gives so much insight on things that have happened or why people are the way they are. Now I can look back and go, "Ooooooh, now I get it."

#25 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

I think it was they last one unless this one gets added to it as an extra chapter.

#26 TacticalFox88

TacticalFox88

A Sly Fox

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Science Fiction, Manga, Military History, Internet, Soon to be Digital Media.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Great chapter.

It really gave Guy something new to his character, here we all are thinking he is clueless but in reality he just turns the other cheek when people make fun of him.

This chapter had lots of feels.

I am really happy Guy got a nice flashback before he dies.

Really guys complaining about this chapter because what no NS? Like get over it, this was a good chapter. Guy has been a Naruto character for years and he is dying so if Kishi wants to give him 15 pages of flashback let him.

Da fuq? WHO mentioned NaruSaku? No one.

We don't like this chapter because it's boring as kitten, and Kishi waited far too long for this to have any sort of meaning. 

#27 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

Here is my question though... If Gai's father developed the technique how did Madara know about the 'red steam'?

He was gone before Dai was around, right?

#28 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

This chapter was obviously not what many people were expecting. The cliffhanger of last chapter left us with the impression that the final gate would receive its moment of glory. Well that may not have happened exactly, but it was an appropriate escalation of the tension that's pervading the backdrop of a desperate struggle for survival against a foe with inestimable power. It's practically second-nature for Kishi to pull expository remembrances like this one right before a character's death.

The flashback was surprisingly good. There are some gripes to be had with it, of course. I didn't find the concept of Guy's childhood personality and character issues being almost an exact replica of Lee's too appealing. I do think his younger look better accommodates the mellowed out, self-conscious persona though. We at least have a better understanding of Guy's character now - how it was moulded from the precepts and image of his father who, of course, resembles the current Guy that we know.

Apparently Guy's father was never promoted from Genin status. It couldn't be that his leadership skills were inadequate, his training routines and treatment of allies seems to be exactly like Guy's and he achieved the rank of Jonin. If it was because he was a one trick pony with just his martial arts then how did Lee become a Chunin? That's an odd discrepancy to have, although there isn't enough information to make a full judgement on the father's military career. 

This chapter has me engrossed now. I want to see how Guy's 8th gate barrage plays out against Madara and how the fatal drawbacks of the technique will impact his allies. If this is how he intends to go out in a blaze of glory then props to him. 

Edited by Atheck, 12 March 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#29 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

Da fuq? WHO mentioned NaruSaku? No one.

We don't like this chapter because it's boring as kitten, and Kishi waited far too long for this to have any sort of meaning. 

:sweatdrop:  I kinda did... but it was after this post. lol. 

#30 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

@hearth

it's second hokage jutsu to counter ms.

#31 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Here is my question though... If Gai's father developed the technique how did Madara know about the 'red steam'?

He was gone before Dai was around, right?

He didnt say he developed it but was passing it on to Guy.

667 was the end.

43iduct.jpg

#32 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

I actually liked this chapter, in fact this is the second best flashback of the series for me.

I really liked how Guy and his father's relationship, also does anyone else think its funny that Guy's father's name is Dai and he dies in the same Chapter he's introduced?

Any way can't wait until next week to see what Guy can do to stall Madara.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#33 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

This chapter was obviously not what many people were expecting. The cliffhanger of last chapter left us with the impression that the final gate would receive its moment of glory. Well that may not have happened exactly, but it was an appropriate escalation of the tension that's pervading the backdrop of a desperate struggle for survival against a foe with inestimable power. It's practically second-nature for Kishi to pull expository remembrances like this one right before a character's death.

The flashback was surprisingly good. There are some gripes to be had with it, of course. I didn't find the concept of Guy's childhood personality and character issues being almost an exact replica of Lee's too appealing. I do think his younger look better accommodates the mellowed out, self-conscious persona though. We at least have a better understanding of Guy's character now - how it was moulded from the precepts and image of his father who, of course, resembles the current Guy that we know.

Apparently Guy's father was never promoted from Genin status. It couldn't be that his leadership skills were inadequate, his training routines and treatment of allies seems to be exactly like Guy's and he achieved the rank of Jonin. If it was because he was a one trick pony with just his martial arts then how did Lee become a Chunin? That's an odd discrepancy to have, although there isn't enough information to make a full judgement on the father's military career. 

This chapter has me engrossed now. I want to see how Guy's 8th gate barrage plays out against Madara and how the fatal drawbacks of the technique will impact his allies. If this is how he intends to go out in a blaze of glory then props to him. 

I think it has to do with the fact that Dai was working the technique and never actually used it, until it was too late. I mean he did say he has been working on it for 20 years. But Gai and Lee are already using it. And Lee at 13 no less. So as far as skill, I think Lee and Gai have progressed. But Dai paved the way for them. :)

Edited by Heartsbattle, 12 March 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#34 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

Madara's face when guy appears before him is priceless, eight gates must be as powerful as its hype. Madara kittening his pants.

43iduct.jpg

#35 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

I just meant the anime is faster then the manga.its hard to explain.i just get impatient, and am like "GET ON WITH THE STORY". I guess it can be the same way waiting for an episode but, I'm sure I'm not the only person whose ever liked the movie more than a book, or an anime more than a manga.

everyones different. for some its vice versa,i'm one of those fans' who like naruto for the characters' not JUST the storyline/plotline.

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 13 March 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#36 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

He didnt say he developed it but was passing it on to Guy.

667 was the end.

Ah, after rereading I see you're right. I guess I just assumed.  :sweatdrop:

I get too excited about the new chapters and read too quickly. 

Edited by Heartsbattle, 12 March 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#37 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hmm I enjoyed reading the chapter, even if it was late. It's really good to have some info on Gai's past and I think it was interesting that his father as an eternal genin was able to learn the 8 gates. Yeah maybe not the most amazing chapter, but I really liked it  :D

10wnpqp.jpg

#38 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

Can't wait to see the next chapter where Juudara puts a hole through Gai's head. Even though I want to see Gai kick some ass, this is going to end like Hinata, where she had a speech and charged head first toward to enemy.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#39 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

OH GOD! So are we gonna get the same things for aleast half of a volume? Damn it Kishi should've ended the cliffhanger! Not the NS part but atleast the 8 gates!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#40 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

And some other stuff...

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

Can't wait to see the next chapter where Juudara puts a hole through Gai's head. Even though I want to see Gai kick some ass, this is going to end like Hinata, where she had a speech and charged head first toward to enemy.

I hope not!

I mean there are so many reason's why that shouldn't happen. 

Naruto and Sasuke are still out. Someone needs to handle Madara, even if its only for a little while. Madara seemed a little bit taken aback by the eight gate opening, so I think he is wary of Gai. AND Lee is watching! His mentor is sacrificing himself. If it were to amount to nothing that would be so sad! 

No, I think Gai will get some fighting time for sure.  :thumb: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users