• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:56 AM

A terrorist attack occured in Paris today in three locations across the city. Those locations included outside a stadium, near a cafe and a concert hall.

The attack resulted in French President Francois Hollande closing the borders, mobilizing the military and putting the nation in a state of emergency.

Unfortunately, officials state that the attack on the concert hall has resulted in more than 100 people being killed.

The story is still developing, but here are some stories from various news outlets.

103168356-RTS6VX5.600x400.jpg?v=14474568

103168217-GettyImages-497040120-%5B1%5D.

103168203-RTS6VN3.600x400.jpg?v=14474519

Update**************************

Keep in mind that this is a developing story. I'm seeing new reports saying there are more than 140 dead.

Edited by Lid, 14 November 2015 - 01:19 AM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#2 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:21 AM

Sigh.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#3 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:29 AM

Another sad day, thoughts go out to everyone in Paris. Hope if we have any french members here they are safe.

JLHza2T.png

#4 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:05 AM

Pretty sad that terrorism still has to be such a huge problem for our world.

I've heard that the NFL is going to have some high security for their stadiums on this Sunday.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#5 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:25 AM

What's happening in Paris, it's terrible :confused: Times sure have turned dark if a man has to fight and kill another man! This face of humanity is terrible, really! Maybe it's about time we have something more concrete and less-vague than the concept of religion. Condolences to all the people in Paris.

This scene reminds me of a few lines from the song 'Burning Heart':
Is it East versus West
Or man against man
Can any nation stand alone

#PeaceforParis

Edited by narusaku256, 14 November 2015 - 09:31 AM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#6 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Does anyone know what caused the terrorist to attack Paris? 

#7 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Does anyone know what caused the terrorist to attack Paris? 

Some days ago France send their biggest battleship down to Syria to help in the battle against ISIS , this is their work ISIS admitted the attack , they said this is the consequences for France's actions in Syria and this is only the beginning there'll be more attacks to come .

Needles to say how horrifying this is but enough is enough I think its time for all of Europe to unite and put an end to this ISIS insanity kitten *sigh*.  

My condolences for the victims their families,the city of Paris  the nation of France to all the people in there . 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#8 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:23 PM

Some days ago France send their biggest battleship down to Syria to help in the battle against ISIS , this is their work ISIS admitted the attack , they said this is the consequences for France's actions in Syria and this is only the beginning there'll be more attacks to come .

Needles to say how horrifying this is but enough is enough I think its time for all of Europe to unite and put an end to this ISIS insanity kitten *sigh*.  

My condolences for the victims their families,the city of Paris  the nation of France to all the people in there . 

It's not just the Europe! It's the whole world. My country has been a victim of terrorism, an umpteenth number of times! ISIS and Taliban seem to be the nastiest of all the terrorist organisations! They have to be destroyed at all costs!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#9 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

It's not just the Europe! It's the whole world. My country has been a victim of terrorism, an umpteenth number of times! ISIS and Taliban seem to be the nastiest of all the terrorist organisations! They have to be destroyed at all costs!

Yeah I know , I was merely saying it bc with this attack they were not sending a message just to France but it was meant for the whole Europe bc it was on their soil they clarified that much in their video threat . But you're right the world needs to unite wipe the floor with them and turn them into ashes . Although I think only 6 countries are needed to unite for that .   

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#10 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

Yeah I know , I was merely saying it bc with this attack they were not sending a message just to France but it was meant for the whole Europe bc it was on their soil they clarified that much in their video threat . But you're right the world needs to unite wipe the floor with them and turn them into ashes . Although I think only 6 countries are needed to unite for that .

Who are they?

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#11 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:18 AM

It makes me angry that the terrorists would attack a liberal country like France. The French nation is known for being tolerant and accepting of Muslims, and now this attack will only encourage more xenophopic behavior in Europe.

Europe should step up to the plate and aid the US in destroying ISIS, but the sad thing is Europe is not going to respond in any serious way. They have been content with letting the US fight the war on terror this whole time, and I do not see how another attack is going to change that.

Edited by RedFaction, 15 November 2015 - 12:18 AM.

#12 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:18 AM

My thoughts are with the victims, I am not allowing the terrorist to get their wish about geting fame for their acts. I will focus on the victims instead of these murders.

Edited by Ryriena, 15 November 2015 - 02:41 AM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#13 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:13 AM

I posted an article on Facebook yesterday. It showed that people in France were taking in those who were victimized by the attacks with no where to go. Residents in the United States were also taking in people stranded in America because of flight delays. It doesn't erase the horror of yesterday but I think it's important to remember there's still people out there who are good and help others.

Here's a link to an NBC News article.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#14 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:13 AM

Sigh.....

This whole kitten actually goes all the way back since Muhammad's passing. Muhammad was a man of many things; a leader, a guide, a messenger, husband and father. But despite his elevated status, he was still a flawed human being, just like the Quran told us so.

One particularly famous instance is the accusation of one of his wives' adultery. Rumors spread so greatly that Muhammad started believing them before he prayed to God to help him seek the truth. Once God cleared it up, he apologized to her and supposedly literally begged her to. While she did eventually forgive him, the man who was implicated in the adultery rumors was actually one of his closest followers as well, and this eventually created a noticeable rift between them.

For all of Muhammad's great virtues, he had one MAJOR flaw: He was too naive.

To elaborate, Muhammad was not a politician at all. Far from it. While he did have God's messages relayed to him, they merely acted as his moral compass, not as a political guide. There were basic socio-political norms to lay the groundwork for a civil society, but nothing explicit about running a frigging empire..... So, during his reign over the Muslim community, Muhammad basically had to learn on the fly.

There's a good reason why you can consider Muhammad's advice for Itjihad (before you say anything, no, Itjihad is not the same thing as Jihad. It means that you have to make your own considerations based on the Quran and Hadits) to be summed up as a how-to to learn on the fly.

But the worst of it, he died too soon. He only reigned over his community for about 2-3 years. When Muhammad was in rule, he ruled as fair as possible. Muhammad was not a natural-born politician, but with God's messages, he did well enough. But that doesn't make him a politician in the truest sense of the word, he was merely a moral authority like Mandela and MLK. Muhammad's lack of political savvy-ness, led to his naivety.

His naivety is that, most likely, of him being too trusting in his followers. Muhammad was able to create peace and stability during his rule, but he didn't think far enough in the future to prepare his followers for his eventual death. He did foreshadow his death at his last Hajj pilgrimage, but he didn't do anything beyond that. Muhammad didn't have enough political experience to foresee infighting in the future. His former enemies, however, did. They would later on be the root of this whole kitten the world's going through.

The first two Caliphs did well in keeping the peace, but after that, everything started to go to hell. It isn't helped by the fact that the third Caliph was corrupt as hell.

Had Muhammad specifically cited criterias for a leader in a Hadits, then we would be seeing less infighting in this world now. The infighting from the ancient times finally culminated in the cold war in which is still ongoing in the middle east. The worst of it, the infighting eventually divided the Muslim community in different parts from the Sunni, to the Shi'ites and Kurds. All of which are fighting for dominance in the middle east.

So, basically, Muhammad was indirectly responsible for why the whole world has gone to crap.

In case you're wondering where I get this from, I recommend reading Reza Aslan's "No God but God". It's a real eye-opener on Islamic politics.

Edited by Codus N, 15 November 2015 - 05:14 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#15 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

Who are they?

ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) its a terrorist group , haven't you heard of them !? . 

Posted Image                                                            

#16 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) its a terrorist group , haven't you heard of them !? .

I'm asking for the countries that you think should unite. Do I read your post wrong?

Edited by Popuri, 15 November 2015 - 12:04 PM.

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#17 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:25 PM

I'm asking for the countries that you think should unite. Do I read your post wrong?

LOL!!! No you didn't read it wrong but you should have clarified what you meant , you confused me again  :lol: .

Well I meant "all the countries" in Europe (they're to many to number them lol) but if you ask me from countries worldwide who should unite to stop this abomination then only few are enough : Russia , China , US , UK , Germany and Israel . But sadly politics is heavily involved in here for something like that to happen .

Posted Image                                                            

#18 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

LOL!!! No you didn't read it wrong but you should have clarified what you meant , you confused me again  :lol: .

Well I meant "all the countries" in Europe (they're to many to number them lol) but if you ask me from countries worldwide who should unite to stop this abomination then only few are enough : Russia , China , US , UK , Germany and Israel . But sadly politics is heavily involved in here for something like that to happen .

Hobby: to confuse NFFU :zaru:

I see, thanks.

So, basically, Muhammad was indirectly responsible for why the whole world has gone to crap.

In case you're wondering where I get this from, I recommend reading Reza Aslan's "No God but God". It's a real eye-opener on Islamic politics.

But they still have Qur'an and Hadist. Muhammad is the messenger for Quran and Hadist. I think it's not matter as long as they use Qur'an and Hadist for life.

#19 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

Hobby: to confuse NFFU :zaru:

I see, thanks.

But they still have Qur'an and Hadist. Muhammad is the messenger for Quran and Hadist. I think it's not matter as long as they use Qur'an and Hadist for life.

:twitch:   :hm: .

No prob you're welcome  :sweat: .

Posted Image                                                            

#20 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:20 PM

My mon don't want me to go outside home because apparently ISIS said something about an attack in russian in the next days lol

I'm waiting these mothetkittens try 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users