Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

Enjoy!!

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#42 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

Kudos to the artist, very well done, and very sexy lol

#43 Danzo Baka

Danzo Baka

Danzo of da Root!!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Dining with hell minions~

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

OMG Kagura look extra cute!! 8D

"Hiruzen its looks like it is my turn next... but i never did became Hokage"--- Danzo

"You are the leaves bathing in the sun I am the roots that grow in the dark"

#44 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

I just thought of something, I wonder how Kushina would look like if she was drawn by Kawakittena as well??

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#45 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Aug 13 2010, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just thought of something, I wonder how Kushina would look like if she was drawn by Kawakittena as well??

Since the style is very generic that's easy- use Nami (most comparable breast size) and change the eyes to Kagura's blue, change the hair to really long straight bright red hair, and change the bikini color to orange - that's how Kawakittena would draw Kushina. It'd be an easy job for anyone with a decent graphics program to swap out minor details (hair color, hair style details, eye color) and alter the girls to Naruto ones (Miho could easily be altered to Hinata- looks shy, and hiding her breasts, and Rin you'd hardly have to change anything to be Anko...)

Edited by ciardha, 13 August 2010 - 11:03 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#46 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 13 2010, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since the style is very generic that's easy- use Nami (most comparable breast size) and change the eyes to Kagura's blue, change the hair to really long straight bright red hair, and change the bikini color to orange - that's how Kawakittena would draw Kushina. It'd be an easy job for anyone with a decent graphics program to swap out minor details (hair color, hair style details, eye color) and alter the girls to Naruto ones (Miho could easily be altered to Hinata- looks shy, and hiding her breasts, and Rin you'd hardly have to change anything to be Anko...)

In the anime, Kushina's eyes are grey. I still wonder how can a dark color like grey can be light in a manga unless the anime team was trying to make her eye color more comparable to Hinata's eye color. Blue or green would've made more sense. They even changed her length of hair to make seem the same as Hinata's. Plus I think they gave her a darker shade of red hair to make it more comparable to Hinata's hair color, Kushina's red hair is much lighter in that color spread.

#47 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 13 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the anime, Kushina's eyes are grey. I still wonder how can a dark color like grey can be light in a manga unless the anime team was trying to make her eye color more comparable to Hinata's eye color. Blue or green would've made more sense. They even changed her length of hair to make seem the same as Hinata's. Plus I think they gave her a darker shade of red hair to make it more comparable to Hinata's hair color, Kushina's red hair is much lighter in that color spread.

Yes, I think it's pretty obvious they did that, considering they even outright admitted via that omake they are Hinata fanboys.

In Kishimoto's special illustration you can just barely make out Kushina's eyes are blue (especially on onemanga's scan with the truer colors) a bit darker than Minato's and Naruto's.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#48 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

I'm kind of amazed that Sakura is the only heroine right now with pink hair. Seems to me like I recall pink being much more popular not too long ago.

#49 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Aug 12 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Enjoy!!

That looks way better, thanks again Newkerz.

Dat Nami and Medaka chan. wub.gif

#50 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 14 2010, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I think it's pretty obvious they did that, considering they even outright admitted via that omake they are Hinata fanboys.

In Kishimoto's special illustration you can just barely make out Kushina's eyes are blue (especially on onemanga's scan with the truer colors) a bit darker than Minato's and Naruto's.

Eh?? wot.gif Kishi made a special illustration of Kushina?? do you have it??

Edited by Newkerz, 14 August 2010 - 04:18 AM.

248793.jpg

#51 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Aug 14 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh?? wot.gif Kishi made a special illustration of Kushina?? do you have it??

I'm talking about the color spread- her eyes are squinted but you can see just a hint of blue, but he also did a sepia toned special illustration for a new book released recently:

http://forums.naruto...p;postcount=506

Even though it's sepia toned you can tell her eyes are blue like Minato's

#52 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

I'm gonna need a higher resolution of that.....

248793.jpg

#53 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Aug 14 2010, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna need a higher resolution of that.....

I'll be going to Dragoncon in a few weeks, they have a Japanese bookstore in town. I'll see if they have the book. Hopefully they do and the picture is in the book not just done to promote the book in that ad. Yeah I wish the person had done a clearer scan so I could see the promo text and book cover better too!

#54 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 14 2010, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually like her hair length 'cause to me, her hair feels too long in the manga.

@ciardha: thanks, I'll be looking forward to it....

248793.jpg

#55 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:30 AM

WOW just wow its so nice and cool *pays no mind to yelling sister too focused on hot anime characters in bikinis* nosebleed8rx.gif wow.gif nosebleed8rx.gif

#56 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (OblivionXP @ Aug 15 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW just wow its so nice and cool *pays no mind to yelling sister too focused on hot anime characters in bikinis* nosebleed8rx.gif wow.gif nosebleed8rx.gif

Was your sister yelling at you for looking at the picture or was it something else completely different?

Edited by K9ofChaos, 16 August 2010 - 12:11 PM.

#57 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

The pics you talked about, ciardha --Click here to view--

hmm.... I don't think her eye color is the same as Minato, ciardha. But I'd guess it's a slightly darker color but not very dark. I'd say that her eye color is a light green like Sakura. But I don't mind her eye color in the anime. I actually like both. happy.gif

248793.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users