Close
Photo

Which is better - Naruto as 6th or 7th Kage?

naruto

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

So, I'm writing a NS fanfic and I have a quick question:

What is the consensus on Naruto as the 7th Hokage?

- Are you ok that Kakashi was made 6th, giving Naruto a little more time to emotionally mature and/or being mentored under Kakashi for the job?

- Or do you feel Kakashi should never have been made 6th, since there was no precedent for it other than Obito's desire to do it, and it instead should have gone straight to Naruto?

- Or would you have been ok with Naruto as 7th and Kakashi as 6th, as long as Kakashi's role was better explained as a mentor, and Naruto's ascendency to the Hokage seat was fully developed, including how he would have done things differently?

The ending made me feel cheated of the biggest non-shipping development that I was looking forward to — seeing Naruto come to power and watching him adjust to his role and how he was going to do things in his own way with his own style.

But I'm wondering how people feel about Kakashi stepping up suddenly instead of Naruto.

Anyway, I have some specific ideas about how I'm going to write the revised ending in terms of how Naruto comes to power, but I want to know how other fans feel about whether he should have been 6th kage or if 7th kage is acceptable as long as the development had been better. 

#2 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

Should have gone straight to Naruto.

honestly Kakahi didn't want to be the hokage and Obito telling him he had to was REALLLLLLY annoying.

Edited by merryGOflava, 15 December 2014 - 09:44 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#3 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

Way before the ending I felt like it would be better and more realistic for Naruto to be a few years older before becoming the Hokage. Not necessarily because of his age, just his overall maturity.

Kakashi was a Hokage candidate in the past, so I don't feel that his becoming Hokage is all that out there.

That said...it's not necessary for Kakashi to be Hokage, either. Tsunade could have theoretically held onto the position for a few years until she felt Naruto was ready.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#4 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

Way before the ending I felt like it would be better and more realistic for Naruto to be a few years older before becoming the Hokage. Not necessarily because of his age, just his overall maturity.

Kakashi was a Hokage candidate in the past, so I don't feel that his becoming Hokage is all that out there.

That said...it's not necessary for Kakashi to be Hokage, either. Tsunade could have theoretically held onto the position for a few years until she felt Naruto was ready.

Yea, why didn't Tsunade just stay hokage? It made no sense.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#5 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

If I finish my fic, Naruto will be the 6th. Kakashi being the 6th is nothing more than a sad attempt to get fans marching into theaters, thinking Kakashi is going to be more important than ever. Tsunade gives Naruto the job due to overwhelming support in the village and serves as Naruto's adviser until she feels he's ready to handle everything on his own. Problem solved.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#6 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:18 PM

Naruto the 6th.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

Rokudaime sounds better! :D And I never understood why Tsunade even retired in the first place, ugh it's Obito's fault.

ナルサク

#8 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

6th sounds better, but i can see why he would need time to be able to get more emotionally ready to be Hokage, as well as Kakashi becoming Hokage to have his character come full circle.

#9 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

But after the war Naruto should have been promoted to Jonin, or at least Chunin. Sheesh.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

If kishi want naruto to become 7th hokage, he should just kill off tsunade.
What's the point to made kakashi hokage if tsunade is still alive and well.
Her reign is just two to three years.

#11 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:39 AM

I thought making Kakashi hokage was another OOC move in the end. If Gaara could already become a kage, why couldn't Naruto? And why was Tsunade quietly written off anyways? Just so Obito could force Kakashi to do something in his place? Who cared about Obito's dream that he ruined by his own actions?

#12 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

I would have prefer 6th. The only reason why Kakashi is 6th is for Kusomoto to show us that Obito's wish for Kakashi becoming hokage is fulfilled.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#13 Tendo Ryuken

Tendo Ryuken

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:36 AM

team 7, 700 chps, 7th hokage 7tc 7tc 7tc. kishi loves 7.

don't try this at home

#14 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:48 AM

As an abstract matter, I don't care, but if it were mei 'd be looking for 4 specific things:

(1) Why is Tsunade leaving?
(2)Why not Naruto? I think there are good reasons in the manga for this, but I haven't read your story and so  cannot say whether your Naruto is ready, but that will matter.

(3) Why Kakashi?

(4) Given that Kakashi turned it down the first time and has never shown an interest in the position prior to Obito pushing him there, why is interested now? I hated it in the manga mostly because Obito was all over the why.

If those were dealt with to my satisfaction then 7th is fine. 6th is fine as well provided I understand why Tsunade is leaving and that Naruto ippears ready.

#15 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

Same here.

Plus Rokudaime sounds so much better for me.

To hell with 7 being a good number.
Tsunade looks fine and dandy to me during the epilogue why does she need to step down?

Also i have this unpublish NS fic called Rokudaime's Wife so lol 6th for the win

#16 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:35 AM

Would prefer 6th. But realistically I think 7th is fine.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#17 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

Kakashi should had become Hokage after the Pain fight IMO. However if you want to make him the 6th and need to have him step down for Naruto you can say he was either:
1.Being sort of a steward until Naruto completed his training for Hokage or became of age.

2. Wanted to get married to a woman outside the Hidden Leaf "Have Suigetsu introducing him to Mei" and be sort of an ambassador to the Mist and Konoha.

These are some suggestions of what I would have done, IMO.

Edited by Suigetsu, 16 December 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#18 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

Since it's your alternate ending the question you should be asking is how do you want to use Kakashi in your story? How we would use him may be different. What type of story are you trying to tell, and how would you use Kakashi in an effort to tell that story? Would something be gained in your story by having Kakashi as the 6th? Would something be lost? Would it make that much of a difference either way?

#19 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

I would have loved to have seen Naruto as the sixth hokage, and honestly, I think it'd be great to have seen him step up to the plate of hokage at such a young age. I think it's pretty ridiculous that Kakashi took the position as hokage when Tsunade could have just kept it up because we all know that he was nothing but a temporary hokage while Naruto supposedly took time to "grow up." Gaara became kazekage at like 15, so why couldn't Naruto become hokage at age 18 or something? I think that would've been best, and I think that Tsunade should have just passed it onto Naruto when she thought it was time. 

Yeah, the whole seventh hokage thing is nonsense. Besides, 'seventh hokage' just doesn't sound as good because of the two syllables. At least, it doesn't sound as good in English.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#20 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

The way Kakashi was handled as becoming Hokage was really lacklustre. I understood him becoming a Hokage after it seemed like Tsunade wouldn't make it but she DID, and they didn't say that she should step down when she came to. She's not older than Sarutobi was when he was Hokage, and now that they had entered a time of peace and transitioning the title isn't as risky as it was before. Kakashi didn't want to be Hokage, so if we remove Obito's wish than I don't see why he would take up the position. I like the idea that Tsunade was the fifth and then Naruto was the sixth. Kakashi was a mere placeholder and that does not to me warrant being put on that mountain. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users