• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:02 AM

I'm not mad at this chapter anymore I'm just like whatever. :glare:

#22 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

I just want it all to be over. So I can move on to another Anime. Lel. But whatever happens narusaku will have a special place in my heart. Plus all the fun memories I've had with you guys haha

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

I'm over the initial upset really, but again It's not that that Sakura has feelings for Sasuke that I got so mad. It's that It ruins her character as a strong, independent girl, showing her to be an emotional wreck and that it's over a guy that while her feelings are genuine, it is not truly anything to be called love. Plus that this basically tarnishes how she and Naruto becoming a couple is going to lay out. For one thing despite the fact that she now knows Naruto loves her, how it is displayed ( PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PHRASE BEFORE YOU RESPOND PLEASE)  is that she does not consider that to be any solace to her and she has not loved Naruto at all nor shows any appreciation for what he's done up to now. This makes it seem that she will choose Naruto only because she got "burned" and heartbroken by Sasuke and will never obtain the one she really wants and is taking Naruto only as a secondary prize out of self pity and need of comfort, rather than actual feelings for him. This is why I wanted to hear directly from her what she really feels for Naruto before this ever started so that it would not be portrayed as such.

Second this is kind of kicking down  Naruto and Sakura's developments all the way back to the pre-timeskip. Sakura crying over Sasuke and Naruto being obsessed with bring Sasuke back with the delusion that they are still friends. It is always like this with Sasuke. No matter how much they see him change, they clearly don't get the message that Sasuke is not the same person anymore, and all they are doing is clinging to a memory. All that drama from the Kage summit arc just got flushed down the toilet. So you see I'm just more irritated at the lack of consistency and the fact that it seem like Sakura is going to be a reciprocated love interest to Naruto out of self pity and just taking a silver medal cause getting gold is out of the question.(even though it is not actually like that)

That said, when I calm down I thought to myself, the story is not over yet and and there could still be a way to undo this mess, we just have to see it. Plus, I have also considered that the Japanese mentality on this portrayal of Sakura would actually be taken on a more positive note. To those that read Bleach, You may actually be surprised that Momo Hinamori is actually a beloved character in Japan and sympathized with cause Japanese culture encourages felmale subordination and loyalty to males. Kind of sexist, I know but that is how Japan sees things, so I'd assume they'd have a similar reaction to Sakura as well. Anyway now that I've cooled off my head I will just read what's left and hold off my judgment until all is done. :happy:

But I personally find that if NS becomes canon in the movie, that'd be regrettable because, we would see them be a couple only in a rushed 1 hour+ scheme of things and if they developed during the time in between I'd still be kind of upset cause that is off screen moments we don't get to enjoy, but what can you do? Well, here's to hoping it turns things get better form here on, though again, all fans that are cynical will probably take this the same way as I have so far, as said with my explanation. :ermm:     

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 September 2014 - 05:40 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#24 Uzumaki9000

Uzumaki9000

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Movies, drawing, painting, reading and video games.

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

My reaction at the beginning of the chapter:

tumblr_me6aeysdsj1qjsz3u.gif

My reaction during Sakura's confession and Kakashi's SS feels:

huh.gif?w=800 

My reaction after reading the chapter:

double-facepalm-o.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users