• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:09 AM

wasnt kishi also the one who made you like her in the first place?he was the one who created her and gave her character moments...he has the power either to destroy or to make a character more likeable..he is the author and he can choose to do what he wants with them...if what he chooses  are bad decisions,then the fans have the right to hate the character he created and his work..just my opinion 

Yes, Kishi created the characters and yes, he has the power.

To make the point I was making in my previous post clear, let me put forward a hypothetical scenario. What if, in the Naruto-Sasuke fight that is bound to happen, Naruto fails to win? During the fight Sasuke says-" If you want me back Naruto, then you'll have to let me beat you and I should be chosen as Hokage". Naruto says-" Well, if that makes you to come back and help me keep my promise to Sakura-chan, I agree". So the manga ends up with NS canon but Sasuke as Hokage.

Frankly, I see this scenario to be more likely than Sakura choosing Sasuke. When was the last time Naruto put Sasuke above everything and When was the last time Sakura put Sasuke above everything? One only needs to think about this and realize that Naruto sacrificing his dream for Sasuke is more likely than Sakura choosing Sasuke. 

What if this happens? Would you start hating Naruto with a passion or would you rather hate Kishi who , out of nowhere and making no sense, decided to make this ( an u-turn that goes against everything that had been written up to that point) happen ? 

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#42 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:17 AM

Its unfair to say 'If Sakura doesn't end up with Naruto in the end then she's a terrible character ' . How is this any different from NH fans hating on Naruto because of the one reason that he likes Sakura more than Hinata?  'Hinata deserves Naruto'' they say. Is what some are saying here the NS version of this? 'Naruto deserves Sakura' is it ?

Nobody deserves someone's love. It has to come from the heart. If love is not sincere it leads to events like the Kage arc confession. If you remember, Naruto wasn't very happy about that incident. After recent chapters though its safe to say Sakura has started to love Naruto more than she ever loved Sasuke so its highly unlikely she would choose Sasuke in the end.

I trust Kishimoto to make the logical choice. If he makes Sakura end up with Sasuke, I'll completely lose my respect for his writing. It would be ridiculous to hate on Sakura because of Kishimoto's bs.  I'll never do such a thing. She'll always be my favorite female character.

I agree.
Though the question was "would you still like Sakura if she chooses Sasuke", and that's a bit different. I don't hate Sasuke, but I don't find him a commendable character as he is currently.

I really hope no one here is saying Sakura sucks if she doesn't choose Naruto, because it takes two to tango, as they say. If Sakura were to, theoretically, not choose Naruto...oh well, love ya Naruto and I'm sorry it didn't work out, but you're just going to have to deal. And Naruto knows this, too. He knows to respect her feelings, and he won't treat her differently over it. (And for that you rock, Naruto!)
tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#43 mangafan

mangafan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Too many to type

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

Can't imagine this :no: anyway If she has to become canon with Sasuke then he will be a good guy by then. I will still like Sakura no matter what.

#44 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

Yes, Kishi created the characters and yes, he has the power.

To make the point I was making in my previous post clear, let me put forward a hypothetical scenario. What if, in the Naruto-Sasuke fight that is bound to happen, Naruto fails to win? During the fight Sasuke says-" If you want me back Naruto, then you'll have to let me beat you and I should be chosen as Hokage". Naruto says-" Well, if that makes you to come back and help me keep my promise to Sakura-chan, I agree". So the manga ends up with NS canon but Sasuke as Hokage.

Frankly, I see this scenario to be more likely than Sakura choosing Sasuke. When was the last time Naruto put Sasuke above everything and When was the last time Sakura put Sasuke above everything? One only needs to think about this and realize that Naruto sacrificing his dream for Sasuke is more likely than Sakura choosing Sasuke. 

What if this happens? Would you start hating Naruto with a passion or would you rather hate Kishi who , out of nowhere and making no sense, decided to make this ( an u-turn that goes against everything that had been written up to that point) happen ? 

the scenario you described is not likely to happen anymore because sasuke has shown signs of redemption ,and has expressed a lot of emotions of sadness and regret in the latest chapters ..it would be just out of nowhere if he starts provocking naruto for a fight ,at least in my opinion..but lets say that does happen,and naruto lets sasuke to be hokage,i would say he is morron who doesnt analyze things very well,cause you dont know for sure if sasuke will be a good or bad hokage,and risking to sacrifice the village just for his desire of sasuke and sakura to be happy?thats kinda selfish in my opinion..but i still wouldnt hate him,at least he has a believable reasoning even though its kinda selfish.he still wants to see his teammates happy ..but what reasoning does sakura have for loving sasuke?none..fortunately i dont think that will happen,when sasuke announced he wants to be hokage  ,he still maintained firmly his position and told him he is the one who will be hokage...

Edited by natalieuciha, 06 September 2014 - 07:26 AM.

#45 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

She can sleep with Sasuke and she'll still be my queen. I always said that I would trade NS becoming canon in a heartbeat for more Sakura moments. I never liked Sakura because of NS. I liked Sakura because of Sakura. And you need to realize that Sakura will never stop caring about Sasuke no matter how much sense it doesn't make, and that goes double for Naruto.

Well said....a true Sakura fan indeed....and I know its damn difficult for a girl to stop feeling for someone...and i didn't see any fangirling in Sakura....if she says "Sasuke kun" ...it doesn't mean she loves him anyway

#46 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

I would think pretty lowly of a character considering the fact that she has never given any good reason for continuing to like Sasuke. If that happened, why the hell is she able to give good reasons for why she's supposedly attracted to Naruto but not any for her attraction to Sasuke? At the very least if she doesn't really like Naruto why the hell doesn't she get over Sasuke when the only reasons why she's ever liked him were on a shallow basis?

Edited by Elicit, 06 September 2014 - 07:05 AM.

#47 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:32 AM

Yeah.I will always love her!I shipped SS because of Sakura.Because she liked Sasuke.Now I ship NS.I'll always love NS and if SS becomes canon,I will respect and love her still.I'm a Sakura fan and yeah SS fandom also think Sakura is the goddess,queen,heroine.It's better than NH fandom.I'll still like her.

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#48 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

After all the development? i'd have to say i'd be disappointed.. but i wouldn't completely resent her as that's only a fair bit of her character. now through all the development.. if this was still part 1 sakura then no... but it still wouldn't surprise though tbh.

Edited by Tatsumi, 06 September 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#49 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

She can sleep with Sasuke and she'll still be my queen. I always said that I would trade NS becoming canon in a heartbeat for more Sakura moments. I never liked Sakura because of NS. I liked Sakura because of Sakura. And you need to realize that Sakura will never stop caring about Sasuke no matter how much sense it doesn't make, and that goes double for Naruto.

God bless you

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#50 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

I'm telling you, Sasuke's real superpower is getting people to like, no, love him with minimal effort on his part. I understood Sakura's infatuation with him when she was twelve. She was young, and he wasn't dangerous or a criminal or an enemy of any sort. He was her teammate, and no--he didn't treat her like dog food. The worst he was to her was dismissive. However, if her life were in danger he did step up and try to save her in Part 1. Team Seven had its merits and dynamics back then. I didn't fault her for being who she was and liking who she did anymore than I faulted Naruto for liking her. Sakura's treatment of Naruto was harsher than Sasuke's treatment of her. However as things turned serious we could see the beginnings of Sakura's conflicted feelings toward Sasuke and her growing opinion of Naruto. 

I wouldn't be indifferent to the matter. Part of liking a character is being invested in what happens with them, and it would just be so contrary to everything that's been happening for the past 600+ chapters I would feel quite disappointed. It's because I like her that I care about who she ends up with, what decisions she makes, what I feel her character should becoming moving forward and I don't know if I'll like her less if it happens but it probably will effect my opinion of her at least right after reading such a thing. I'll be more upset with the writer for the poor handling of one of his best characters. I don't think he's strong enough a writer to preserve Sakura's integrity as a character while putting her in such a scenario. 

#51 Awes9

Awes9

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

I don't like characters who don't have self respect and dignity, the fact Naruto and Sakura still hold onto Sasuke when he has been the worst friend ever insulting them treating them like dirt and trying to kill them on multiple occassions is already enough for me.
I don't want Sakura to get over Sasuke to be with Naruto (she doesn’t have to be) I want her to get over Sasuke to finally overcome her worst trait. If only we had been given a good basis for her feelings other than shallow reasons I could understand but as it stands that’s not the case and it makes her look quite pathetic.

#52 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

You never know, but maybe they learned something from their dreams and stuff and won't lolll she might end up with a fodder character, or Sai for all we know, it could be halfway likely to happen, and she's not weird, those bite marks aren't only from Sasuke, and she needs to get bitten in order to heal someone, that's just her ability.

Now that would be weird haha, Sasuke killing her xD although I can't see Sasuke as the biting type

Well if Ino ended up with Sai then I guess that's fine

#53 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

I would be disappointed that Sakura chose Sasuke, not because 'my ship didn't win' but because Sasuke has not presented himself as interested or capable of caring about her romantically and I think she deserves better than that. But, I would still like her regardless. I'm not really all that invested in what becomes canon as I used to be, yeah I still ship NaruSaku, but things have been dragged out so long that it's lost some of its luster. I liked Sakura well before I liked NaruSaku, and I will continue to like Sakura if she chooses Naruto or Sasuke, or if she ends up alone.

#54 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

Imagine if Sakura and Sasuke had kids and their kids asked their mom how did they meet? What would Sakura say?

Edited by BlazingDynamo, 06 September 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#55 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

Imagine if Sakura and Sasuke had kids and their kids asked their mom how did they meet? What would Sakura say?

Just one word "ANNOYING!" :lol:

#56 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

Can't imagine this :no: anyway If she has to become canon with Sasuke then he will be a good guy by then. I will still like Sakura no matter what.

T.T such true Sakura fans make me cry!!! Love u guys!! And that's real Naruto attitude since he won't stop loving her!! :nslove: Sakura!! NS!! Forever!! Even if it doesn't become canon I'll be very happy as i'd already had a great time with all of u!!

#57 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

Just one word "ANNOYING!" :lol:

lol not really she would probably say "well kids I met your father when he was young at the ninja academy he was so good looking and cute he may have been so heartless to me but I still loved him also when he tried to kill me at the tenchi bridge he was really going to kill me too but I still loved him even though he didn't really care about me and I wanted to win heart so bad".

#58 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

lol not really she would probably say "well kids I met your father when he was young at the ninja academy he was so good looking and cute he may have been so heartless to me but I still loved him also when he tried to kill me at the tenchi bridge he was really going to kill me too but I still loved him even though he didn't really care about me and I wanted to win heart so bad".

I just summed up in one word :lulz:

#59 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

I just summed up in one word :lulz:

I don't get it :confused:

#60 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

Its unfair to say 'If Sakura doesn't end up with Naruto in the end then she's a terrible character ' . How is this any different from NH fans hating on Naruto because of the one reason that he likes Sakura more than Hinata?  'Hinata deserves Naruto'' they say. Is what some are saying here the NS version of this? 'Naruto deserves Sakura' is it ?

Nobody deserves someone's love. It has to come from the heart. If love is not sincere it leads to events like the Kage arc confession. If you remember, Naruto wasn't very happy about that incident. After recent chapters though its safe to say Sakura has started to love Naruto more than she ever loved Sasuke so its highly unlikely she would choose Sasuke in the end.

I trust Kishimoto to make the logical choice. If he makes Sakura end up with Sasuke, I'll completely lose my respect for his writing. It would be ridiculous to hate on Sakura because of Kishimoto's bs.  I'll never do such a thing. She'll always be my favorite female character.

Who Sakura ends up with, depends on her choice. It has to do with Kishi's choice, but it also has to do with Sakura as a character, that Kishi took his time developing. Sakura loving Sasuke isn't a problem, because her love for him gets weaker throughout the whole show. The difference between Naruto's crush and Sakura's crush is that Naruto's crush is a positive one. It gets stronger and more selfless throughout the series. Naruto is a part of Sakura's life. Hinata isn't. It's a positive-positive.

Hinata and Sakura's crushes were negative in some way. Sakura was a part of Sasuke's life, but she liked him for wrong, shallow reasons. Sasuke never reciprocated - so no development. Hinata loved Naruto for all the right reasons, she loved him selflessly, but she was never a part of Naruto's life - so no development.

The reason why Naruto's crush works is because there is reciprocation on Sakura's side. His crush is real and selfless. He's developed with her, their relationship grew. That's why NaruSaku works. I also hate it when people say someone "deserves" someone else's love. It's onesided and unfair. It has to work on both sides. They have to deserve each other. That's what NaruSaku has.

The reason why I wouldn't like Sakura is because her being with Sasuke would illogically negate all that development Sakura had in Part 1 and in Part 2, that Sasuke wasn't ever a part of. Her being with Sasuke would ruin her character. If she was single or with Naruto, nothing bad would happen to her character. It would be positive. Sasuke is her childish and selfish side. Naruto is her mature and selfless side. She can care for Sasuke as a friend, but if she looks at Sasuke romantically, it gets in the way of her thinking clearly. It affects her negatively, and it affects the people around her negatively.

The reason I love Sakura is because of the development she had. Because of how caring and selfless she can be. Sasuke is the one thing about her character that I disliked. It was the part of her character that I wanted to see her move past. And to this day I would still like a confirmation of her moving past it. Everything that's going on in the manga right now seems to point that direction anyway, so I'm not really worried... But whatever. What happens happens. Kishi's a good writer, he won't be crazy to make SS canon.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users