20 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:51 AM

Should kishi be allowed to be given a second chance at making another manga?

I kinda feel pity for him and i feel like i should make a mail that critics what went wrong with the manga. In addition, im going to critic his attitude concerning his editors and him being such a doormat isn't a good attitude to have.

While he takes a huge break as a manga author he really needs to study a LOT of works in terms of characterization, healthy bonds,healthy romance,plan his pairings firmly,plan his story firmly, And themes that he established needs to stick until the very end rather then contradicting it. Last but not least he really really needs to change his views on women or grow up from his bitter views on woman.

Maybe if he learns from this he could make another ok manga.

I have more to write but for later.

Whats are your thoughts? I'm i giving him too much credibility? 

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:58 AM

Kishi is not that good writer.
He may make an okay manga, seinen perhaps and it's not a long running manga.

To be honest a bad mangaka who make a bad manga may make great manga in his/her second serialization.

We shall see and I don't think it's crazy.

#3 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:04 AM

He certainly hasn't learned his lesson yet.

I mean look at the comments he has made after the "ending" to the manga. It's been a disaster, and speaks volumes about what kind of person he is. His latest comment about the Boruto movie being perfect is just further proof that he is out of his mind and doesn't get it yet.

I think it would just be better if he was done as a mangaka for good, but if he wants to write again then he has a lot of work to do if he wants to even be decent.

Also, I don't think anyone could trust him writing a long running series again so if he wants even a modest success then he is going to have to write a short manga instead of a long one. But, like I said, I'd rather he never write again.

Edited by RedFaction, 30 July 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#4 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:24 AM

Even if you ignore the botched ending, it doesn't cover up his failures as a writer.  A lot of part 2 was just downright bad.  The only reason why Part 1 was a good Shounen is because he had better editors at the time.  Left to his own devices, he just sucks.

If he is going to start a new manga in the future, he has a LOT to improve on.  And he needs to grow a freaking backbone and not give into pressure.

#5 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

Left to his own devices, he just sucks. Add a few stacks of biased writers and that's it.

A new manga would mean that his mindset would have to naturally change; something he clearly can't since he relied on everyone around him to finish his creation.

#6 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:42 PM

He shouldn't be given another chance if he is easily influenced like that to make such a messed up ending. What he did is unforgivable and had left many people feeling betrayed. The only way he'll be forgiven is if he redo the ending, other than that he can screw himself

1wocs1.gif

#7 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

@rikakim94

You are not crazy... but naive, yes.

Kishi is too petty-minded for you to understand, sorry. -_-

Do you want to understand the guy? In the early interviews for The Last Kishi, without any shame, talked about 'red herrings' for Narusaku, Minakushi and Sasukarin fans; about 'Neji died for NH ship' to Neji and NejiHina fans; about 'right ending for Sakura's love' to Sakura fans and about 'decision made since the beginning' for the ending manga and the ending pairs to ALL fans.

Without any shame.

And do you know why he made this? :mellow:

Because he assumed that NH and SS fans were the strong and numerous ones. And all the other fans were few and weak.

That way he could make fun of helpless side of fandom consequence-free. :facepalm:

How that paid off we know it... :kukuku:

Edited by Niky, 30 July 2015 - 12:46 PM.

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#8 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Given how much money his stuff has made, it's probably a certainty that he will have another shot at a new manga. As long as he can turn it into the same cash cow that "Naruto" was/is, people at the top will be happy. I mean, the guy is what, only 41, he still has a lot of time in his career to turn something new out and have people get hooked.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#9 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

I kinda feel pity for him and i feel like i should make a mail that critics what went wrong with the manga. In addition, im going to critic his attitude concerning his editors and him being such a doormat isn't a good attitude to have.

While he takes a huge break as a manga author he really needs to study a LOT of works in terms of characterization, healthy bonds,healthy romance,plan his pairings firmly,plan his story firmly, And themes that he established needs to stick until the very end rather then contradicting it. Last but not least he really really needs to change his views on women or grow up from his bitter views on woman.

Maybe if he learns from this he could make another ok manga.

I have more to write but for later.

The only he should be allowed a second chance, is if he publicly admits he kittened up with Naruto and admits the truth; whatever that truth is.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#10 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

Why should he get a second chance? There are so many different books, movies, shows, comics, manga, anime, etc. out there for me to consume. Why should I go read something by Kishi when he so clearly wrecked Naruto? Not only did he ruin his manga, basically invalidating all the themes and values from Part I, but he made asinine comment after asinine comment afterwards.

I'll pass.

#11 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

Kishi is not that good writer.
He may make an okay manga, seinen perhaps and it's not a long running manga.

To be honest a bad mangaka who make a bad manga may make great manga in his/her second serialization.

We shall see and I don't think it's crazy.

Seinen is a too serious type of manga for him to succeed at writing something like this ! 

I personnaly think he's just a terrible mangaka, all this years I was blinded by my love for Naruto to not see how 'far from perfect" this manga really is, especially when you compare his work with other mangaka's works, so I think that he may continue, but he can't count on his former fans to buy his future manga.

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#12 Lady Lys

Lady Lys

Odore buono del cielo sull'erbe, pioggia di prima sera.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

Nah, he shouldn't. He's too indecisive and cowardly to deal with the pressure.

Plus he's a sell out.... so no second chanchy for Kishi Kishi (but a kick in the arse could do).

@rikakim94

You are not crazy... but naive, yes.

Kishi is too petty-minded for you to understand, sorry. -_-

Do you want to understand the guy? In the early interviews for The Last Kishi, without any shame, talked about 'red herrings' for Narusaku, Minakushi and Sasukarin fans; about 'Neji died for NH ship' to Neji and NejiHina fans; about 'right ending for Sakura's love' to Sakura fans and about 'decision made since the beginning' for the ending manga and the ending pairs to ALL fans.

Without any shame.

And do you know why he made this? :mellow:

Because he assumed that NH and SS fans were the strong and numerous ones. And all the other fans were few and weak.

That way he could make fun of helpless side of fandom consequence-free. :facepalm:

How that paid off we know it... :kukuku:

srg19CG0cKMuI.gif

4zkW5vl13T9bq.gif

I so agree with you. I do I do I do. 

Edited by Lady Lys, 31 July 2015 - 02:44 PM.

- L'inguaribile ottimismo di un dodo.

Hungry for glory - AS Roma 1927

But they were all of them deceived, for another canon was made. In the land of Japan, in the fires of Studio Pierrot, the dark Lord Kishimoto forged in secret a master canon, to control all others, and into this canon, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life. One canon to rule them all.

#13 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

4zkW5vl13T9bq.gif

I so agree with you. I do I do I do. 

Thanks Lady Lys. :wink:

These thoughts are been going round in my head for weeks. :roll:

Honestly, I never thought (the last year) I'd say this, but Kishimoto has proved to be a true, pitiful, little bully. -_-

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#14 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

No.

Unless he damatically improves his writing and starts respecting his characters and readers

I doubt this will happen though

Yes, you are

As I said, I doubt he will change he never improved even after years writing Naruto, it's hard to believe he will change now

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#15 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

@nar123
He allowed to make another manga.
The question is will it good or just another bad to mediocre manga whose uncreative and rely more on hype.

#16 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

@nar123
He allowed to make another manga.
The question is will it good or just another bad to mediocre manga whose uncreative and rely more on hype.

Yes of course he is

doesn't mean I will give him a second chance as an author I could follow though

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

Given a second chance to make a manga? Sure. DOESN'T mean I'll read it.

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 August 2015 - 07:08 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:36 AM

Yes of course he is

doesn't mean I will give him a second chance as an author I could follow though

Personally, I don't trust him anymore.
Even if he make great manga somehow.

#19 Nohvarr

Nohvarr

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

Yes, because we don't have the right to go to his house and stop him. He can create another manga if he likes, but no one is under any obligation to buy it. If it succceds, fine if it fails fine.

“Priests are always easy to blame. They make convenient scapegoats—after all, anyone with a strong faith different from your own must either be a crazy zealot or a lying manipulator.”

- Vasher, Warbreaker

#20 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

He can be given all the "chances" he wants at making more mangas. I simply won't be reading them. With the Naruto ending, he has proven he can't be trusted, no matter how appealing the story seems at first.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users