#1 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

I think we should all adress the elephant in the room. Now that Naruto Gaiden is over, how do you all still feel about Sakura? Not as a character from Kishimoto, but as an actual person.  

We all know that this fandom has been divided about Sakura for years, but I personally believe that this Gaiden gave people justification for hating Sakura. What we know now is that Sakura and Karin are supposedly good friends, yet Sakura has never mentioned, shown, or talked about Karin in front of Sarada ever. And what's worse is that Karin has been sending gifts to Sarada, and keeps her umbilical chord, yet Sarada didn't even know who she was. Sakura literally covered up a photo of Karin with her own. What does that say about Sakura's character? 

Also, from the last chapter we see that after 12 years of neglect, Sakura is still submissive towards Sasuke. He basically gets away with not contacting his family for 12 years, to the point where him leaving again is treated as a joke- from her. He takes one family photo and all is forgiven. What does this also say about Sakura's character? 

And the icing on the cake about all of this, is that she is inferred to have chased over Sasuke while pregnant- ultimately putting her baby and her life in danger. Her getting pregnant after she found Sasuke does not correlate with the fact that she didn't have Sarada inside of the village. 

Other plotholes about Sakura from Naruto Gaiden: 

• Why couldn't she answer if Sasuke wore glasses? 
  • Why did she and Shizune act as if Sarada's birth was a secret? 
  • Why didn't Naruto know about her pregnancy if she was there for the meeting?  
  • Why didn't she confirm Sarada's birth when she came back to Konoha? 
  • Why is she poor...?  

I mean, it's just gotten to the point where Sakura is literally a distasteful character. While some of the things she has done is VERY noble (she raised a beautiful daughter by herself), that still doesn't justify her actions.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

I hate the Sakura she had become but the one before 693 will always be the Sakura I know. I call post 693 Sakura, "Suckura."

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:09 PM

I hate the Sakura she had become but the one before 693 will always be the Sakura I know. I call post 693 Sakura, "Suckura."

I almost agree but I don't really hate this Sakura. My anger is not directed at her. I hate Kishimoto for destroying his characters.

ナルサク

#4 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

Like I said many months ago I will always defend both Naruto and Sakura before all this happened. But under no circumstances will I ever defend or try to justify their actions now. Or any of the rest.

All of them Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru, all have become scum even worse than scum. The lowest of the lowest. None of their actions can be justified.

They ended up the worst generation of them all. A generation of liars, hypocrites, betrayers.

Edited by Nostradamus, 02 July 2015 - 07:17 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#5 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

I've said multiple times that Sakura is a terrible person, Gaiden only reinforced that. There was nothing in Gaiden that proved she was a good anything, be it mother, friend, medic, nothing.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#6 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

I've said multiple times that Sakura is a terrible person, Gaiden only reinforced that. There was nothing in Gaiden that proved she was a good anything, be it mother, friend, medic, nothing.

Well as Pix pointed out, she raised her and Sasuke's daughter by herself. Thats something at least

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

It is, but enough with status, show us and stop telling us. Yes, we got the flashback, but the present must be presented (no pun intended). In the end, Sasuke got small words to say to make everything ok. Due to being rushed, nothing came together exactly well it needed to be. It was way too fast and done too quickly to say, "I got it done. Now leave."

#8 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

I blame Kishi's incompetence more anything. He's the one who is supposed to project life and expression and emotion into these otherwise lifeless blotches of ink and pencil. It just so happens that his interpretation of an honest, capable woman happens to be the polar opposite of what a number of us believe is best for Sakura. Personally, I have had misgivings with Sakura for some time now, even before #693. Her lack of impact to the overarching plot lines and constant mishaps make it difficult to justify the role she was intended to represent. The only time she ever truly managed to fill the shoes of a dynamic capable heroine with something going for her was at the beginning of Shippuden during the Kazekage Rescue arc. After that, it was just a constant downward spiral from one arc to the next until she stopped appearing at all except for the occasional cameo with the side fodder from the other villages or during a K11 moment. 

#9 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

Well as Pix pointed out, she raised her and Sasuke's daughter by herself. Thats something at least

That doesn't mean she's a good mother, it just means she raised her by herself.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

Good point.

#11 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

That's a though question

I can never hate the concept of Sakura, she had potential, we all saw her grow and mature in the early and mid years of the story, we all hoped that in the end she would become someone that was completely different from the way she acted at the beginning, this Sakura, full of potential, I can never hate or dislike

however this Sakura as of late *sigh* 

I understand that what happened to her was all Kishi's fault as the horrible and misguided writer that he is, however analysing without the metaphysical level necessary to blame KIshimoto, observing only the story itself... then yeah, though "hate" is a big word to use, I can certainly say that I dislike this Sakura deeply 

Hell, Karin got out of the gaiden looking better and more selfless than Sakura and Karin was made intending to be an annoying character through and through, reaching the point where she bashfully ignores Sasuke's murder attempts and forgives him in an instant...and I suppose Sakura is no better than this now too

Edited by Nar123, 02 July 2015 - 08:32 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

http://sparda3g.tumb...-project-is-bad

Pass around.

#13 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

Look I dislike all the characters, because of what Kishi did to them, but if Sakura and Karin are such good friends, why didn't Karin call or visit?

How do we know that Sakura didn't get permission from team Taka to create that fake photo, since she was alone with a child, while the father of the baby was gone for an indefinite amount of time?

Sakura is not the only character who just forgives Sasuke, she's just the unfortunate one who had been a female, so just like Hinata, is used just to create a kid, while her character itself is ignored or changed for whatever current plot is going on at the time.

Questions that you're asking about Sakura are valid, but she's not the only character who needs to be questioned, considering Naruto and Sasuke are both still being depicted as not being there for their families.

I'm not saying people can't hate her character, but I am saying it's not fair to solely focus on her down fall, while ignoring the others characters, who have been treated just as badly.

Edited by redrose3443, 02 July 2015 - 08:19 PM.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#14 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

Look I dislike all the character, because of what Kishi did to them, but if Sakura and Karin are such good friends, why didn't Karin call or visit?

How do we know that Sakura didn't get permission from team Taka to create that fake photo, since she was alone with a child, while the father of the baby was gone for an indefinite amount of time?

Sakura is not the only character who just forgives Sasuke, she's just the unfortunate one who had been a female, so just like Hinata, is used just to create a kid, while her character itself is ignored or changed for whatever current plot is going on at the time.

Questions that you're asking about Sakura are valid, but she's not the only character who needs to be questioned, considering Naruto and Sasuke are both still being depicted as not being there for their families.

I'm not saying people can't hate her character, but I am saying it's not fair to solely focus on her down fall, while ignoring the others characters, who have been treated just as badly.

Yeah basically, all of the other characters also became quite unlikable and confusing to think about...

#15 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

"Not as a character from Kishimoto, but as an actual person" I understand and completely agree that this is all Kishimoto's fault, but I really want this thread to analyze Sakura from a person point of view, since the "kishimoto's fault" argument can be used for EVERYTHING. 

Look I dislike all the characters, because of what Kishi did to them, but if Sakura and Karin are such good friends, why didn't Karin call or visit?

I see what you're saying, but at the same time just because everyone else needs to be questioned doesn't mean Sakura should get away with the bs she's pulled. Even as a female, Sakura should have known when to call it quits and just leave Sasuke for good. Let alone the twisting and turning she kept doing to justify her and Sasuke's relationship. In the end she never answered any of Sarada's questions. She didn't have to. Because Sasuke came back for one dinner and that made everything okay with both Sakura and Sarada.

And I highly doubt she got permission from anybody to do what she did, considering both Orochimaru didn't know who Sarada was, Suigetsu didn't know anything about her situation, and Karin is constantly giving gifts to her.  

Edited by Pix, 02 July 2015 - 08:38 PM.

Squad Roll call :

#16 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

I still love the Queen before the final Chapters

After them though she's more of a bottom feeder who can't do anything without the help of a man apparently, I dislike what she has become, her look is great her personality is trash and her character is now trash.

Same goes for Naruto but this isnt a thread about that guy.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#17 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

This raises a highly good point, which is justified by the fact that Sakura never told Sarada about Karin, and how she's setting a bad example by justifying Sasuke's actions. We've already seen how Sarada also forgave Sasuke so quickly. 

Squad Roll call :

#18 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

"Not as a character from Kishimoto, but as an actual person" I understand and completely agree that this is all Kishimoto's fault, but I really want this thread to analyze Sakura from a person point of view, since the "kishimoto's fault" argument can be used for EVERYTHING. 

I see what you're saying, but at the same time just because everyone else needs to be questioned doesn't mean Sakura should get away with the bs she's pulled. Even as a female, Sakura should have known when to call it quits and just leave Sasuke for good. Let alone the twisting and turning she kept doing to justify her and Sasuke's relationship. In the end she never answered any of Sarada's questions. She didn't have to. Because Sasuke came back for one dinner and that made everything okay with both Sakura and Sarada.

And I highly doubt she got permission from anybody to do what she did, considering both Orochimaru didn't know who Sarada was, Suigetsu didn't know anything about her situation, and Karin is constantly giving gifts to her.  

I'm not saying Sakura should be excused, I'm saying that too much focus is pushed onto Sakura, while other characters are not even called into question. You're right that Sakura's character is awful, but considering every other character is bad too, we should point out all of them, instead of zeroing in on just her.

As for you saying Sakura needs  to learn when to leave Sasuke alone, I could say Sasuke needs to learn some responsibility. He's been pulling that same disappearing act since he was 12 and it's gotten old. He decided at one point to not only sleep with Sakura but marry her, so he needs to grow the heII up and be there for his child. Even if he doesn't love Sakura, he has a child who he has neglected since she was born and now he's gonna leave again. Even if Sasuke's never been an emotional guy, he was always whining about his family, so now is the time for him to be a man, instead of an angsty teenager and take care of his kid, but he's refusing to do so.

Sakura not answering most of Salads questions were stupid, but she already told Salad that Sasuke loved them( twice) and she didn't believe her, so only Sasuke's words would pacify her, nothing else.

I'm saying it's not impossible to believe she got permission, after all, where the heII did she get that photo, if it wasn't from Karin? Considering she delivered her baby, maybe she gave it to Sakura so the kid could at least see what her dad looked like. I mean, if Sakura had just showed the Salad a picture of team Taka, then Salad would ask who they were and how they came to be and I doubt anyone in Konoha is bringing up Sasuke's past about him defecting the village to train under an S-class criminal and eventually form a team to kill his brother and later destroy the Leaf. She could have made that fake photo just to avoid those questions.

But, like I said, Sakura ain't blameless and her character was definitely ruined, however instead of just focusing on her, we should talk about all the characters and their undeserved characterization. Not just about how the Sakura hate is justified.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#19 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

I'm not saying Sakura should be excused, I'm saying that too much focus is pushed onto Sakura, while other characters are not even called into question. You're right that Sakura's character is awful, but considering every other character is bad too, we should point out all of them, instead of zeroing in on just her.

As for you saying Sakura needs  to learn when to leave Sasuke alone, I could say Sasuke needs to learn some responsibility. He's been pulling that same disappearing act since he was 12 and it's gotten old. He decided at one point to not only sleep with Sakura but marry her, so he needs to grow the heII up and be there for his child. Even if he doesn't love Sakura, he has a child who he has neglected since she was born and now he's gonna leave again. Even if Sasuke's never been an emotional guy, he was always whining about his family, so now is the time for him to be a man, instead of an angsty teenager and take care of his kid, but he's refusing to do so.

Sakura not answering most of Salads questions were stupid, but she already told Salad that Sasuke loved them( twice) and she didn't believe her, so only Sasuke's words would pacify her, nothing else.

I'm saying it's not impossible to believe she got permission, after all, where the heII did she get that photo, if it wasn't from Karin? Considering she delivered her baby, maybe she gave it to Sakura so the kid could at least see what her dad looked like. I mean, if Sakura had just showed the Salad a picture of team Taka, then Salad would ask who they were and how they came to be and I doubt anyone in Konoha is bringing up Sasuke's past about him defecting the village to train under an S-class criminal and eventually form a team to kill his brother and later destroy the Leaf. She could have made that fake photo just to avoid those questions.

But, like I said, Sakura ain't blameless and her character was definitely ruined, however instead of just focusing on her, we should talk about all the characters and their undeserved characterization. Not just about how the Sakura hate is justified.

Yeah, true, but I still say that both Sakura and Sasuke are the most guilty out of everybody. So that's why they're mostly brought up. But I wanted to focus on Sakura, since people continue to forgive her so easily.  

It's like, if you see a guy who's constantly running away from his problems for years why would you even pro create with him? Even if Sasuke runs away it takes two to tangle. But yeah, Sasuke is by far way worse than Sakura for not seeing Sarada for 12 years. 

And I just can't make an excuse for Sakura covering up Karin's photo. Even if she did get that photo from Karin, why did she have to cover Karin up? Why couldn't she just cover up the other two? Or cut Karin's picture and give it its own stand? Nobody in the village really knows who Team Taka is, so showing her the picture wouldn't have raised questions. I mean, she would have found out about the Uchiha problems eventually anyway, considering she's one herself. 

Squad Roll call :

#20 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

And I just can't make an excuse for Sakura covering up Karin's photo. Even if she did get that photo from Karin, why did she have to cover Karin up? Why couldn't she just cover up the other two? Or cut Karin's picture and give it its own stand? Nobody in the village really knows who Team Taka is, so showing her the picture wouldn't have raised questions. I mean, she would have found out about the Uchiha problems eventually anyway, considering she's one herself. 

Especially that,while Karin seems to regard Sakura as a friend and sends Salad gifts... in her warm konoha home Sakura remains covering up her "friend's" photo with her "husband" team with her own because god knows what

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sakura haruno, naruto gaiden

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users