#21 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

Amen. *salutes* I've always loved going to cemeteries and looking at tombstones, but Memorial Day definately makes it more special.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#22 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ May 31 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amen. *salutes* I've always loved going to cemeteries and looking at tombstones, but Memorial Day definately makes it more special.

Yeah I definitely enjoyed Memorial Day myself! biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#23 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:16 AM

Blog Entry #9 06/11/10

Finally! I'm done with finals for college! I'm so glad because that finally gives me a chance to have a break from having too worry about any homework or hard tests. tongue.gif Anyway now that I am done with college for the semester, that gives me more time to work on my stories, I'm definitely looking forward to posting more chapters of my stories.

"They don't want none"

#24 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

6/17/10 Blog Entry #10

Feeling Betrayed

Don't worry guys, it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with one of my friends where I live, a good friend in fact or he use to. It started a few weeks ago when I was over at his house. He called me on a Saturday night and wanted to hang out and I thought sure why not? So I told him I'd meet him around 8 pm, so I when over to his house and of course he had his girlfriend over who lived in his house since they had a kid together, mind you the both of them are only eighteen. Still I didn't mind his girlfriend, but over the months I've really started to not like her at all. Because every time we try and hang out, she's always doing something to ruin our plans somehow, I don't know if it's intentional, but it's getting rather annoying now.

It's really ticking me off because every time we want to play some games, she has to say she wants to watch TV and of course my friend lets her, damn he practically would roll over for her. I don't know what it is, but he seems rather submissive when it comes to his girlfriend. I don't know what it is, but I practically don't like this girl. Ever since he's started to date her and then had a kid with her, she's been controlling every damn aspect of his life. We can't even hang out without her calling if he's over at my house, he ignores me and talks to her on the phone while I'm sitting there waiting for him to finish, it's annoying too say the least. Sometimes it gets so bad that I have to tell him to leave because I don't want to hear it.

But practically last week was the last straw when I went over to his house, his girlfriend was doing the same thing and of course she didn't even let us play any games. She had to watch Twilight... I practically lost it at this point and told my friend, "You know what, I'm sick and tired of this! If you want to hang out make sure it's when your girlfriend isn't controlling you and when we can actually have some interaction with each other! See you later!" Pretty much I slammed his front door and haven't seen him since. He private messaged him a few days later saying I was out of line and of course I had an argument with him and told him we shouldn't see each other for a while.

So I don't know, do you guys think I overreacted or do you think there's only so much a person can take before they snap? Other than that our friendship was great until he met this girl, I can't help but feel betrayed because of him taking his girlfriend's side all the time.

"They don't want none"

#25 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

I think you were right, you didn't do something wrong by having this argument. You tolerated many things, so I believe you should let him think seriously about ur friendship and I hope he's gonna take the right decision smile.gif

#26 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

Well, I think you indeed should have brought this up, but I think you probably should have talked to him privately about it. Blowing up at him was a bit risky.

#27 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (FullMetalMac @ Jun 18 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
6/17/10 Blog Entry #10

Feeling Betrayed

Don't worry guys, it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with one of my friends where I live, a good friend in fact or he use to. It started a few weeks ago when I was over at his house. He called me on a Saturday night and wanted to hang out and I thought sure why not? So I told him I'd meet him around 8 pm, so I when over to his house and of course he had his girlfriend over who lived in his house since they had a kid together, mind you the both of them are only eighteen. Still I didn't mind his girlfriend, but over the months I've really started to not like her at all. Because every time we try and hang out, she's always doing something to ruin our plans somehow, I don't know if it's intentional, but it's getting rather annoying now.

It's really ticking me off because every time we want to play some games, she has to say she wants to watch TV and of course my friend lets her, damn he practically would roll over for her. I don't know what it is, but he seems rather submissive when it comes to his girlfriend. I don't know what it is, but I practically don't like this girl. Ever since he's started to date her and then had a kid with her, she's been controlling every damn aspect of his life. We can't even hang out without her calling if he's over at my house, he ignores me and talks to her on the phone while I'm sitting there waiting for him to finish, it's annoying too say the least. Sometimes it gets so bad that I have to tell him to leave because I don't want to hear it.

But practically last week was the last straw when I went over to his house, his girlfriend was doing the same thing and of course she didn't even let us play any games. She had to watch Twilight... I practically lost it at this point and told my friend, "You know what, I'm sick and tired of this! If you want to hang out make sure it's when your girlfriend isn't controlling you and when we can actually have some interaction with each other! See you later!" Pretty much I slammed his front door and haven't seen him since. He private messaged him a few days later saying I was out of line and of course I had an argument with him and told him we shouldn't see each other for a while.

So I don't know, do you guys think I overreacted or do you think there's only so much a person can take before they snap? Other than that our friendship was great until he met this girl, I can't help but feel betrayed because of him taking his girlfriend's side all the time.

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Jun 21 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I think you indeed should have brought this up, but I think you probably should have talked to him privately about it. Blowing up at him was a bit risky.

In a way, I can't fault you for being pissed off at him but again, like KonaKona said, blowing up just like that is not the right move either. The thing is that I think he's having problem choosing between his friendship or his romantic relationship which to be honest, is sadly a common happening. When I say common, I mean 9 out of 10 relationship problems tend to stem from it, marriage and whatnot.

Yes, I do agree that he's at fault for not thinking about you as a guest but you're also at fault. You have to remember that he's the owner of the house, meaning that whatever he's doing in the house as long as it doesn't harm you is pretty much his own business and rights. Its simply within his territory to make that decision and its not your place to tell him what to do there, neither is it your place to explode and complain right on his face AND his girlfriends like that.

Now, about your friend's life being controlled by his girlfriend, I have to ask this, you can answer it through PM if you wanna but you don't have to answer if you don't want to: was their child result of a night fling or something? You know... "accidental" thing?

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#28 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Jun 20 2010, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you were right, you didn't do something wrong by having this argument. You tolerated many things, so I believe you should let him think seriously about ur friendship and I hope he's gonna take the right decision smile.gif

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Jun 20 2010, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jun 20 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a way, I can't fault you for being pissed off at him but again, like KonaKona said, blowing up just like that is not the right move either. The thing is that I think he's having problem choosing between his friendship or his romantic relationship which to be honest, is sadly a common happening. When I say common, I mean 9 out of 10 relationship problems tend to stem from it, marriage and whatnot.

Yes, I do agree that he's at fault for not thinking about you as a guest but you're also at fault. You have to remember that he's the owner of the house, meaning that whatever he's doing in the house as long as it doesn't harm you is pretty much his own business and rights. Its simply within his territory to make that decision and its not your place to tell him what to do there, neither is it your place to explode and complain right on his face AND his girlfriends like that.

Now, about your friend's life being controlled by his girlfriend, I have to ask this, you can answer it through PM if you wanna but you don't have to answer if you don't want to: was their child result of a night fling or something? You know... "accidental" thing?

Thanks for the responses guys, but for now we've both decided that it's best to split for now and give ourselves sometime to think about our friendship and where to go from there, but for now we still keep in contact, but unfortunately right now we barely talk as we're both busy.

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 09 July 2010 - 07:21 AM.

"They don't want none"

#29 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:34 AM

07/09/10 Blog Entry #11

Better Luck

So my last blog I posted wasn't all around that delightful since I've had to put up with the betray of a good friend and then the breaking up too, I've also had a string of bad luck too in the last week which I really don't want to talk about, but even with all this bad luck I've found some good out of it too.

First and foremost, I had told you all that my Super Nintendo was no more because it had finally given out right? Well, no more! He once again lives to fight another day! It was a rather painful process of having to local the proper parts for my Super Nintendo and the friend that was going to originally repair it got caught up with another stuff, so I was left to my own accords to fix it. A few soldering and burnt hands later, I held my breath as I tested out my Super Nintendo to see if it would power on and sure enough, it powered on! I'm so happy right now, it almost makes me forget what happened this weekend! It's time for me to get back to play some retro games once again!

Second, as many of you know I'm still in college trying my hardest to earn my Cisco Academy degree and despite this supposedly being my last semester at college, I'm going back in fall to earn more credits to add to my resume and I just received my grades for spring semester and I couldn't be happier once again! I aced my Cisco Academy IV class with an A, my Electronic Communications Systems class I also aced with an A, and my AC Circuit Theory and Analysis class I only got a C in, but then again it was the hardest class I took this semester at college. I should be getting a few of my certificates in the mail within the next few weeks, but I'll have to wait until fall semester to truly get my degree as I want to take a break this summer.

Last but not least, one of my other friends who's also a Power Rangers fan like me definitely helped me get through this week and he gave me something most expected, a ticket to this year's Power Morphicon in Pasadena from August 27-29! I was surprised when he handed me a ticket, he told me I deserved it after all the stuff I've been through and I couldn't agree more. I've always wanted to go to Morphicon, but never could afford it since the tickets were always expensive, but here one of my friends gave me a ticket without asking anything in return, that's a true friend! I feel liking going all fanboy since that means I get to meet the stars from Power Rangers that I enjoyed watching as a child, but then again, I'll contain my excitement for now, but still I'm so glad that despite all my bad luck things are looking up now!

I also feel this song goes well with my blog:

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 09 July 2010 - 10:04 AM.

"They don't want none"

#30 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

First and foremost, I had told you all that my Super Nintendo was no more because it had finally given out right? Well, no more! He once again lives to fight another day! It was a rather painful process of having to local the proper parts for my Super Nintendo and the friend that was going to originally repair it got caught up with another stuff, so I was left to my own accords to fix it. A few soldering and burnt hands later, I held my breath as I tested out my Super Nintendo to see if it would power on and sure enough, it powered on! I'm so happy right now, it almost makes me forget what happened this weekend! It's time for me to get back to play some retro games once again!

Yayyy Toasty-kun! ohboy.png MOAR SUPER NINTENDOOO FOR YOU

Second, as many of you know I'm still in college trying my hardest to earn my Cisco Academy degree and despite this supposedly being my last semester at college, I'm going back in fall to earn more credits to add to my resume and I just received my grades for spring semester and I couldn't be happier once again! I aced my Cisco Academy IV class with an A, my Electronic Communications Systems class I also aced with an A, and my AC Circuit Theory and Analysis class I only got a C in, but then again it was the hardest class I took this semester at college. I should be getting a few of my certificates in the mail within the next few weeks, but I'll have to wait until fall semester to truly get my degree as I want to take a break this summer.

Good luck with your degree.

Last but not least, one of my other friends who's also a Power Rangers fan like me definitely helped me get through this week and he gave me something most expected, a ticket to this year's Power Morphicon in Pasadena from August 27-29! I was surprised when he handed me a ticket, he told me I deserved it after all the stuff I've been through and I couldn't agree more. I've always wanted to go to Morphicon, but never could afford it since the tickets were always expensive, but here one of my friends gave me a ticket without asking anything in return, that's a true friend! I feel liking going all fanboy since that means I get to meet the stars from Power Rangers that I enjoyed watching as a child, but then again, I'll contain my excitement for now, but still I'm so glad that despite all my bad luck things are looking up now!

I didn't know there was a con for that wow.png Have fun!

#31 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for the response Kona! wow.png

"They don't want none"

#32 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

One Obsession That I'm Proud Of

If there's one thing I enjoy over reading the Naruto manga, it's gotta be The Sonic The Hedgehog comics, ever since they started coming out in 1993, I've been reading them ever since and collecting them, I don't think there's been a month where I haven't gone to the local comic store and picked up my copy of the comic, lately I think the Sonic comics have been getting much better lately as they're finally done with The Iron Queen angle and they're starting fresh. I also recently picked up Sonic Archives 12 which covered a good half of comics I had almost forget about.

"They don't want none"

#33 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

I've actually never read the comics, but I heard they were good! sweatdrop.gif

#34 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:12 AM

They definitely are, sometimes I think they're a bit easier to understand than some of the Naruto manga at times. tongue.gif

"They don't want none"

#35 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:35 AM

I remember I was a very...I mean..a VERY huge Sonic fan...
But I do still enjoy at times...but not like back then.
It was a huge obsession I tell ya! biggrin.gif
But, later at time...that obsession disappeared...
& a new one appeared...
*looks to both sides*
*whisper*
naruto

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#36 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 16 2010, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One Obsession That I'm Proud Of

If there's one thing I enjoy over reading the Naruto manga, it's gotta be The Sonic The Hedgehog comics, ever since they started coming out in 1993, I've been reading them ever since and collecting them, I don't think there's been a month where I haven't gone to the local comic store and picked up my copy of the comic, lately I think the Sonic comics have been getting much better lately as they're finally done with The Iron Queen angle and they're starting fresh. I also recently picked up Sonic Archives 12 which covered a good half of comics I had almost forget about.

My friend use to bring in Sonic comics all the time, and I loved reading them. He hasn't gotten any new ones now for the longest time. Still it's a great series and the games are awesome. Good to know Sonic is still held in high regards. My favorite video game character ever. smile.gif

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#37 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

I agree. He's been my number one fictional hero since I was a wee little Kona-chan.

#38 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

Thanks for all the comments guys, but sadly starting tomorrow I'll be on vacation which means I'll be inactive for the week, but I'll be back next week! I'll miss talking to everyone! sad.gif

"They don't want none"

#39 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Have a good time, then!

#40 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

I had a great time on vacation, but now I'm back! Time to get to posting like I usually do.

"They don't want none"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users