63 replies to this topic

#21 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Aug 13 2008, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's implied that Kakashi got his Mangekyou Sharingan during the timeskip. In 247, he tells Naruto & Sakura that he recently came up with an amazing jutsu. Then later when they run into Itachi, Kakashi asks him how bad his eyesight has gotten (he didn't seem to know about this side effect before).
And Nate, Kakashi was about to use it against Kakuzu. But Naruto & co. showed up and he didn't need to.

As for what I think is gonna happen with Kakashi, I think Madara is going to be involved somehow. In 395/396, Kakashi had the biggest reaction when he noticed his Sharingan. I don't know...that just felt like foreshadowing to me.

So he tought it to himself?

I don't doubt what you say about the timing, but I find the whole thing a bit far fetched. He can't even turn if off, but he can teach it new tricks? If this is Kishimoto's explanation then I don't buy it. Mangekyou has never been something you teach yourself to obtain. At best, it's been something to refine once obtained, but obtaining too more than training.

I still seems to me to be a watered down version rather than a true MS because, at least as of yet, he hasn't performed any of the staple Mangekyou attacks. If he does do that it'll be immensely disappointing because without a damn good explanation it just cheapens the requirement further. Reminds of what Vegeta said about Super Saiyin in the English Version, calling it a super saiyin bargain sale. It also openly contradicts what Itacchi said about it and makes those statements meaningless.

#22 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

What he said is true though, besides I'm sure Kishi will have some explanation.....

#23 Nasir

Nasir

Who dare makes my ebony haired goddess upset??

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 14 2008, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So he tought it to himself?

I don't doubt what you say about the timing, but I find the whole thing a bit far fetched. He can't even turn if off, but he can teach it new tricks? If this is Kishimoto's explanation then I don't buy it. Mangekyou has never been something you teach yourself to obtain. At best, it's been something to refine once obtained, but obtaining too more than training.

I still seems to me to be a watered down version rather than a true MS because, at least as of yet, he hasn't performed any of the staple Mangekyou attacks. If he does do that it'll be immensely disappointing because without a damn good explanation it just cheapens the requirement further. Reminds of what Vegeta said about Super Saiyin in the English Version, calling it a super saiyin bargain sale. It also openly contradicts what Itacchi said about it and makes those statements meaningless.

Signature Mangekyo Techniques?

I thought everyone had a different type of Mangekyo. Susanoo, tsukiyomi, and ameterasu were exclusively Itachi's weren't they?

Like how Itachi's MS alters your sense, Kakashi's alters space and time, Sasuke's apparently alters your will or something like that.

#24 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Nasir @ Aug 14 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought everyone had a different type of Mangekyo. Susanoo, tsukiyomi, and ameterasu were exclusively Itachi's weren't they?

Like how Itachi's MS alters your sense, Kakashi's alters space and time, Sasuke's apparently alters your will or something like that.

Agreed, good point, and watered down? Come on, Kakashi's MS rules, I would take his over Sasuke's/Madara's/Itachi's any day.

#25 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:37 PM

i actually think his is the worst. I want Itachi's so i can torture my enimies. mwahaha.gif

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#26 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Nasir @ Aug 14 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But, Sasuke used Amaterasu. Granted it was somehow planted in Sasuke, but there is no indication Itachi actually gave Sasuke his eyes, so Sasuke's are compatible with Amaterasu as well. Moreover, Madara seems to know alot about Amaterasu, not something I'd except if the technique were solely Itachi's. In that case, Itachi's best move would have been to reveal as little about his eyes as possible.

Second, I'm not so sure about Sasuke. He manipulated Manda before he ever fought Itachi, meaning he had the ability before he ever obtained Mangekyou. One of the things I'm hoping for from the current fight is an elaboration on what Sasuke eyes can do, since it's not exactly 100% clear at the moment.

And even if it is unique, I just cannot buy that Kakashi can actually evolve his eye and teach it new techniques, but can't somehow deactivate it.

I agree with Raella, I'd rather have Itachi's especially Susanno and Tsukiyomi.

#27 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:55 AM

I'm with Nasir on signature Mangekyou techniques, because each one has a different design. When Sasuke used Amaterasu, he had Itachi's Mangekyou, but his new eyes are different. I don't think he can use Amaterasu anymore since Itachi rigged it so he would automatically use it when he saw Madara's Sharingan. But Madara has shown him his Sharingan after that and he didn't use it.
QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 14 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Moreover, Madara seems to know alot about Amaterasu, not something I'd except if the technique were solely Itachi's. In that case, Itachi's best move would have been to reveal as little about his eyes as possible.

Madara found out everything about Itachi, stuff that Itachi was trying to hide. I don't think Amaterasu is a very big secret. Zetsu and Kakashi knew about it as well. (When it was surrounding the Uchiha meeting place, he remarks that it's his first time seeing it)

#28 Xyanide

Xyanide

The Poison in your system

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Graphics Design, Naruto, Bleach, fun stuff :D

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:02 AM

So basically everyone wants to know one thing: How he got the MK sharingan.
What else do you guys want to see out of this arc?
Personally, I'd like to see him taking up ero-sennins pen happy.gif

#29 Nasir

Nasir

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Xyanide @ Aug 14 2008, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So basically everyone wants to know one thing: How he got the MK sharingan.
What else do you guys want to see out of this arc?
Personally, I'd like to see him taking up ero-sennins pen happy.gif

I hope that will be a job reserved for Naruto.... :teehee:

#30 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Nasir @ Aug 14 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope that will be a job reserved for Naruto.... :teehee:

I don't know... I guess he might as a gesture to his teacher, but Naruto has never spoken highly of those books.

#31 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Maybe the nature of the Mangekyou depends on how it is obtained, like, Itachi and Madara presumably obtained it in the same way (killing their best friends). I'm not sure how Sasuke obtained it, but its definitely different then the way Itachi/ Madara did. I don't really know about Kakashi's but it was probably different then the others.
. Don't Press the red button

#32 Nasir

Nasir

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 15 2008, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know... I guess he might as a gesture to his teacher, but Naruto has never spoken highly of those books.

Hmm, I think it was strongly hinted that Naruto is slowly inheriting Jiraiya's perverted traits.

Even in one of the filler episodes, Naruto ghost wrote one of Jiraiya's novels, and apparently it was so good it avoided a war.. biggrin.gif
(Although that wasn't canon, but I'm sure Kishi inspects every filler episode to check if everything is okay and doesn't break what is canon.)

Even during the second Sasuke retrieval arc (how many of those do we have now?) in shippuden, Naruto tried to peek at Sakura untill Yamato stopped him.

I think he doesn't speak highly of them maybe because he knows it could have been better?

#33 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Nasir @ Aug 15 2008, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I think it was strongly hinted that Naruto is slowly inheriting Jiraiya's perverted traits.

Even in one of the filler episodes, Naruto ghost wrote one of Jiraiya's novels, and apparently it was so good it avoided a war.. biggrin.gif
(Although that wasn't canon, but I'm sure Kishi inspects every filler episode to check if everything is okay and doesn't break what is canon.)

Even during the second Sasuke retrieval arc (how many of those do we have now?) in shippuden, Naruto tried to peek at Sakura untill Yamato stopped him.

I think he doesn't speak highly of them maybe because he knows it could have been better?

I don't think that's really like Jiraiya, Jiraiya peeped on a lot of random women, Naruto's only interested in Sakura......

#34 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

Meh. Naruto start writing Icha Icha? I doubt it. If he did, I think Kakashi would devote himself to his pupil forever. XD

We know Naruto is PRETTY.. perverted, but to go all the way and write that novel as a gesture to his teacher? Nah. I don't think he's willing to risk a death sentence by being pummeled by Sakura and Tsunade together. He's dumb, but not THAT dumb. Even he knows not to mess with Icha Icha. :teehee:

#35 Nasir

Nasir

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Ultima @ Aug 15 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh. Naruto start writing Icha Icha? I doubt it. If he did, I think Kakashi would devote himself to his pupil forever. XD

We know Naruto is PRETTY.. perverted, but to go all the way and write that novel as a gesture to his teacher? Nah. I don't think he's willing to risk a death sentence by being pummeled by Sakura and Tsunade together. He's dumb, but not THAT dumb. Even he knows not to mess with Icha Icha. :teehee:

Ultima, this is the world of shounen manga, and apparently men will do dumb things even if it meant getting hit by a woman, I think this was referenced in Jiraiya's farewell speech to Tsunade. Men will do dumb things, but there must always be a woman to keep them in check. Didn't he say something along those lines?

#36 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (Nasir @ Aug 15 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not saying he's not perverted (although he's downright mild compared to his mentors), but that doesn't make him a writer. Both the Third and Ebisu were perverts too, but they aren't writers. It's not the same. Naruto even said he didn't find the books interesting and didn't understand what Kakashi saw in them.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see it happen, but I don't expected him to start writing something he's not interested in.

I'm not so sure of that...didn't the last filler arc have zombies in it?

#37 Nasir

Nasir

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 15 2008, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not saying he's not perverted (although he's downright mild compared to his mentors), but that doesn't make him a writer. Both the Third and Ebisu were perverts too, but they aren't writers. It's not the same. Naruto even said he didn't find the books interesting and didn't understand what Kakashi saw in them.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see it happen, but I don't expected him to start writing something he's not interested in.

I'm not so sure of that...didn't the last filler arc have zombies in it?

Well, not to go off topic here, but are zombies so far-fetched? (I don't watch the anime anymore) Didn't Orochimaru did bring back the second and the first?

#38 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 15 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...didn't the last filler arc have zombies in it?

Don't forget the killer moths and the second kyuubi.
I don't think Naruto will be continuing the Icha Icha series, but I could be wrong.

Back to Kakashi. I think we'll be seeing how Kakashi got his MS and more of his past will be revealed (like what happened to Rin).

#39 Soukaze Mizuki

Soukaze Mizuki

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

In the upcoming arc i would think we will see more of Kakashi's past and how it all went down. In example, what happened to the last team mate, Rin, and as well about the Magenkyou Sharingan. Though, ultimately, I would officially show to all my inner fan girl if Kakashi was to rip away that blasted mask of his. He is my utmost favorite character of the Naruto series and to finally see him with out it will be a dream come true. laugh.gif

#40 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

We will find out why he reads jiraya's books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users